• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

akwilly

Quote from: mv on January 11, 2018, 09:01:19 PM
Has he considered taking over The GabCast?
well the bar has been set pretty low so.....

albrecht

Quote from: mv on January 11, 2018, 09:13:57 PM
there's a bar?
And since it is in Nye County it offers more value than the none-chain airport bars with the "what the fuck, its only a buck" side-shot, or double, specials when ordering. Has a "menu," of sorts, also. There are bouncers so be on best behavior, or plenty of cash to throw them. And extra cash for anything "ala carte" in private negotiations once in a private room.

GravitySucks

Give up Heather. Preston Dennett always sounds like crap.

PaulAtreides

After a one year hiatus, I resubscribed.  I do believe Heather has improved and some of the guests are interesting.  Most importantly, she's stopped channeling Art Bell and all of his TrumpShit. 

WhiteCrow

Quote from: PaulAtreides on January 12, 2018, 05:50:09 AM
After a one year hiatus, I resubscribed.  I do believe Heather has improved and some of the guests are interesting.  Most importantly, she's stopped channeling Art Bell and all of his TrumpShit.

Heather needs to come home... burned bridges can be rebuilt

Tinfoil_Helm

Quote from: Robtheacidghost on January 11, 2018, 04:07:24 PM
Her show would be greatly improved if she would take some speech lessons.

Yes, Heather would benefit from learning how to pronounce words.  No doubt about it.  But I think we've all learned that she just... how do you say this... doesn't have a big vocabulary or any life experience.  I honestly think she would be good at teaching pre-school or something, but she should not be near a microphone.  No fucking way. 

And you think RUSH LIMBAUGH sounds better than the nerds on NPR?  That pillhead sounds like doing squats the whole time he's on air.

HumanBeing

Quote from: Tinfoil_Helm on January 15, 2018, 10:43:37 PM
Yes, Heather would benefit from learning how to pronounce words.  No doubt about it.  But I think we've all learned that she just... how do you say this... doesn't have a big vocabulary or any life experience.  I honestly think she would be good at teaching pre-school or something, but she should not be near a microphone.  No fucking way. 

And you think RUSH LIMBAUGH sounds better than the nerds on NPR?  That pillhead sounds like doing squats the whole time he's on air.

Where can we listen to your radio/podcast?  I'm eagerly looking forward to hearing your exquisite pronunciation of words, your voluminous vocabulary and your exhaustive life experiences. 

Epaphroditus

Quote from: HumanBeing on January 17, 2018, 04:42:49 PM
Where can we listen to your radio/podcast?  I'm eagerly looking forward to hearing your exquisite pronunciation of words, your voluminous vocabulary and your exhaustive life experiences. 

My biggest complaint about Heather is she rarely asks questions because she over preps for a guest , her best shows are done with guests who are unknown .

If she was doing biblical nonsense , politics , or NWO . I would never listen .

Tinfoil_Helm

Quote from: HumanBeing on January 17, 2018, 04:42:49 PM

I'm not a Half-Asian sex worker* who diddled Art Bell, so you won't be able to hear me on the show, sadly. 

That's the saddest thing about MITD.  It had so much potential, even without Art, but the whole thing got torpedoed because of Art's "relationship" with a vapid fangirl.

*- I'm going off the many reports that Heather was phone sex operator.  If untrue, then apologies for my musky bottom.

Jackstar

Quote from: Tinfoil_Helm on January 18, 2018, 09:23:19 AM
the whole thing got torpedoed because of

I am detecting a pattern in the trend of what you think is important. Just sayin'.

Juan

*- I'm going off the many reports that Heather was phone sex operator.  If untrue, then apologies for my musky bottom.
She self-reported as one here on Bellgab. We know no one fibs on Bellgab.

I'm not a Half-Asian sex worker* who diddled Art Bell, so you won't be able to hear me on the show, sadly. 

That's the saddest thing about MITD.  It had so much potential, even without Art, but the whole thing got torpedoed because of Art's "relationship" with a vapid fangirl...

I think the whole Art Bell meltdown and it's aftermath has been just great.  Having a front row seat at BellGab, watching his in-denial fans battling it out with the trolls, and helping that along when it would hit a lull.

It sure beats an endless loop of Richard Hoagland, Ed Dames, Whitley Strieber, ''ghost recorders'', assorted New Age idiots, and Ride My Seesaw. 

Of course to do it right, one should NOT EVER isten to Heather Wade - why bother.  Ugh.

Tinfoil_Helm

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 18, 2018, 11:27:20 PM
I think the whole Art Bell meltdown and it's aftermath has been just great.  Having a front row seat at BellGab, watching his in-denial fans battling it out with the trolls, and helping that along when it would hit a lull.

It sure beats an endless loop of Richard Hoagland, Ed Dames, Whitley Strieber, ''ghost recorders'', assorted New Age idiots, and Ride My Seesaw.

Haha, I won't argue with ya on that.  I mean, that was a fun-filled couple weeks of Art Bell LITERALLY destroying his own legacy in public.  Then again, I enjoyed listening to MitD while I was going to sleep at night.  The show was good!  Can't listen to 30 seconds of Heather.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 18, 2018, 11:27:20 PM

I wish i could have been here to see that, it sounded like a good time and the golden years of bellgab desu~

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on January 18, 2018, 11:51:42 PM
I wish i could have been here to see that, it sounded like a good time and the golden years of bellgab desu~

I thought that's when you first came here, desu, during the great 4chan troll invasion after Art quit? ???

Norm

Quote from: Tinfoil_Helm on January 18, 2018, 11:44:42 PM
Haha, I won't argue with ya on that.  I mean, that was a fun-filled couple weeks of Art Bell LITERALLY destroying his own legacy in public.  Then again, I enjoyed listening to MitD while I was going to sleep at night.  The show was good!  Can't listen to 30 seconds of Heather.

I agree Keith, 30 seconds and I'm falling on the sword...

Rush Limbaugh had, maybe still has (haven't listened since the 1990s - the content of his program became unbearable when he started talking about Monica Lewinski every day. I never liked the Clintons, and I never cared who they were sleeping with.) an excellent voice. I remember that his pronunciation, tone, and vocabulary were top notch. Unlike the made-for-print voices of the NPR newscasters, he had none of the grating vocal tics, blood curdling lisps, ghastly lip-smacking, "creaky girl," and other heinous idiosyncrasies of the NPR crew that made my skin crawl whenever my American ex girlfriend listened to NPR. As for his personal life, I find it bizarre that a far right social conservative, who at one time called for the jailing of all potheads IIRC, is a junkie. And worse, he forced his maid to risk imprisonment by copping pills for him at various pharmacies with fake scripts.

I've only recently started listening to Heather Wade's program, but I understand that she has improved greatly since she started a few years ago. She's still new at it. Her vocabulary, skills, and her life experiences will increase with age. I'm used to listening to college radio, so her relative inexperience doesn't bother me. I don't have anything against sex workers or phone sex or whatever the rumor was. Just get checked for STDs and don't have unwanted pregnancies.
Quote from: Tinfoil_Helm on January 15, 2018, 10:43:37 PM

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on January 18, 2018, 11:51:42 PM
The Cliff notes theatre version

Living in a remote region far away from the public, it's hard to believe that a stalker could have access to him. Is the stalker real or is it a cover story used to excuse his early retirement?
Quote from: ItsOver on January 19, 2018, 02:18:34 PM
Any updates on Art's stalker?

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Robtheacidghost on January 19, 2018, 02:35:45 PM
Living in a remote region far away from the public, it's hard to believe that a stalker could have access to him. Is the stalker real or is it a cover story used to excuse his early retirement?

If Art said the stalker was real, I believe Art. There is no compelling evidence to support any other conclusions.

Quote from: WhiteCrow on January 19, 2018, 02:54:40 PM
If Art said the stalker was real, I believe Art. There is no compelling evidence to support any other conclusions.
You are probably right, but I had to ask. It's not out of disrespect for Art. It's because stalkers kind of fit into the paranoia theme of his show, and Art has a gift for drama. Being stalked is horrible.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Robtheacidghost on January 19, 2018, 12:40:56 PM
Rush Limbaugh had, maybe still has (haven't listened since the 1990s - the content of his program became unbearable when he started talking about Monica Lewinski every day. I never liked the Clintons, and I never cared who they were sleeping with.) an excellent voice. I remember that his pronunciation, tone, and vocabulary were top notch. Unlike the made-for-print voices of the NPR newscasters, he had none of the grating vocal tics, blood curdling lisps, ghastly lip-smacking, "creaky girl," and other heinous idiosyncrasies of the NPR crew that made my skin crawl whenever my American ex girlfriend listened to NPR. As for his personal life, I find it bizarre that a far right social conservative, who at one time called for the jailing of all potheads IIRC, is a junkie. And worse, he forced his maid to risk imprisonment by copping pills for him at various pharmacies with fake scripts.

Just this week Limbaugh referenced Obama's prior drug use.  When I heard it, I sort of stared blankly at my phone in disbelief.  I think even Rush realized, two seconds after it exited his mouth, just how absurd it was for him to have gone down that road.

pate

Quote from: mv on January 19, 2018, 06:46:48 PM
Just this week Limbaugh referenced Obama's prior drug use.  When I heard it, I sort of stared blankly at my phone in disbelief...

...and accidentally took a selfie?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: pate on January 19, 2018, 06:51:00 PM
...and accidentally took a selfie?

well duh.  what do you think phones are for?

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on January 19, 2018, 01:39:43 PM
The Cliff notes theatre version

Wait, Art thinks part of the story was Heather getting sexual favors from him?

Quote from: Robtheacidghost on January 19, 2018, 02:35:45 PM

The only person who ever stalked Art was Heather

Corona Kitty

Quote from: ItsTelly on January 06, 2018, 12:36:47 PM
When Art quit MITD, he said he would be back to do some shows from time to time.  To date, I don't think he has done one.  What gives?

-Telly

Art bell has never told a lie....................