• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151211 - Brendon Tarpley - Time Traveler

Started by FLLFlash, December 11, 2015, 11:07:20 PM

Auslandia

Quote from: Hrothgar88 on December 12, 2015, 09:18:18 PM
  First off not blowing smoke up anyones ass. Second for someone with no expierence she did a good job and yes she is no Art Bell and there is a difference. Third if you can do better wise ass then take a crack at and see what ya got.. I know i dont..

You've gotta just tell it like it is sometimes.  If Art's not hosting there's not much chance I'll be listening.  There are too many other similar shows out there with actual professional hosts.

coaster

I'm not really into paranormal radio enough to try a new host.

Auslandia

Quote from: coaster on December 13, 2015, 02:43:17 AM
I'm not really into paranormal radio enough to try a new host.

They're all pretty much the same.  Richard Dolan does a pretty good one.  It's nothing like Art's show but he talks about details & research a lot more than most.  It's a bit more intelligent than average.  Then you've got a slew of redecks talking about random stuff.  That represents a good chunk of the paranormal pie.

Hrothgar88

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on December 12, 2015, 11:54:59 PM
Agreed

Gotta comment on the avatar Hrothgar.
Bloody freakin sweet.
Wolfs Head Berserkers that carry Thor's Hammer 
Awesome !
Thats awesome! I usually make my hammers but i saw this one in Scotland and i bought it from a local guy on the Isle of Sky... The patch i still have to find a jacket for it...

LAM4:2

I dedicate this song to Art last appearance on Friday which was bizzaro. When it's over is it really over.
https://youtu.be/V-RXc18cKjY

Auslandia

I can't believe that dipshit was the final MITD guest.  What a letdown

Sean92008

Quote from: Sean92008 on December 12, 2015, 12:51:43 AM
Well...  The wife may be an issue.  Art had a lot of money (and hopefully still does) and maybe she's playing nice 'til the old man dies and maybe it's taking too long for her boyfriend back in the P.I.

Having been raised in San Diego (a Navy town), having gone to schools where the Filipinos ruled the roost, knowing the families, having a short marriage that ended up being for citizenship, the BF back home stuff is pretty common.  My friend (a guy from here with Filipino ancestry) is going through it now.  His wife's old boyfriend convinced her to move out BEFORE their next interview for her green card.  He's afraid they'll bust him if he tells the truth.

So, if Art gets killed, I'd be watching what goes on and where the money flows.

BUMP

Lilith

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 11, 2015, 11:16:29 PM
I spoke with Heather just before airtime. She is not happy about how this is... and so is doing an excellent job sounding relaxed and good to go. Exactly six months ago today she and I were in Art's studio, he showing us all the doings and what nots of the captain's chair. Who the hell knew?

I'd like to see that list.

Lilith

Quote from: Autistic Star Children on December 11, 2015, 11:18:03 PM
3 hours of this guy

maybe redacted would be better off taking calls about Art leaving for better ratings

That probably still stands true to this day.

Lilith

Quote from: FLLFlash on December 11, 2015, 11:23:30 PM
Hi all.

I almost opened this as a "wake" thread before I figured out we had a show tonight. It's much better this way.

I offer each and every one of you a hug and look forward to continuing these discussions - hopefully around Heather's show.

MV may want to move future threads to a different area so stay tuned.

------------

Other the other hand if you are trolling in here tonight, get a life and piss off. Your ill wishes aren't appreciated.

#sad

Lilith

Quote from: Robert on December 11, 2015, 11:24:25 PM
Are you saying she's doing this from his QTH?  She's physically there?  To possibly get shot?  She did mention Art's daughter as if she were physically present.

If Art's hired Heather as his fall guy, that greatly lowers my opinion of his decision.

:-X

Lilith

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 11, 2015, 11:25:06 PM
There's a lot of anger in Art Bell fandom tonight.  Tonight would probably not be a good night for open lines.

#WRONG

Lilith

Quote from: zeebo on December 11, 2015, 11:25:21 PM
I love Heather and hope this works out somehow ... but right now I think I need an emergency gabcast instead.

ALWAYS the best choice in programming.

Lilith

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 11, 2015, 11:26:18 PM
Predictably, they're in full meltdown and blaming Bellgab of course.

Some things never change.

Lilith

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 11, 2015, 11:26:45 PM
Heather lives and works not in Nevada.

ikr?  Who would quit their job and move to Nevada ?

Lilith

Quote from: Juicy80 on December 11, 2015, 11:28:20 PM
So where do you presume she is broadcasting from. Her iphone?

Prolly using the wifi at Starbucks, like Senda.

Lilith

Quote from: LAM4:2 on December 11, 2015, 11:29:31 PM
This latest news was a surprise to me. Why aren't they discussing the circumstances of Art leaving the show on open lines.

Because Art taught Heather NEVER TO LIE ON THE AIR?

Lilith

Quote from: the_peeve on December 11, 2015, 11:32:48 PM
:o

Yes, let's all discuss where we think Heather lives. Seems a grand idea!

That would have made the show a keeper.

Lilith

Quote from: maren on December 11, 2015, 11:36:28 PM
I can imagine she's not happy about how this came to her.  I was thinking that she sounds so relaxed and such an old hand at this (with this boring guest, no less!) and that I'd be throwing up in the wastebasket between questions.

I'm sure she was in total shock.

Lilith

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on December 11, 2015, 11:37:39 PM
Amy begging people to keep listening smacks of desperation about the inevitable fall of DMDN.

Oh the memories.  ...and they have Dave now.  ::)

Lilith

Quote from: ShayP on December 11, 2015, 11:38:19 PM
BellGab is my main source of social media.  I don't do facebook, twitter, etc.  There is one dying message board my friends in Pittsburgh have.  That's pretty much it.

The Falkie2013 Fan site?

Lilith

Quote from: trostol on December 11, 2015, 11:44:48 PM
this is not how you want your first show to go...

It could be argued that they never got any better either.

Lilith

Quote from: Weirdoradio on December 11, 2015, 11:52:20 PM
So Heather is the new permanent host? Is that what Art's suggesting?

What a surprise!