• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Steve Warner's Dark City

Started by bateman, October 27, 2013, 03:54:49 PM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: brig on April 14, 2017, 10:11:51 PM
Indeed I HAVE!  How did you know?  ;D

I mentioned it last season and you were the only one who said you were watching too. It's such a soap opera but it's so fucking good I can't stop watching. Damn them!  :D

trostol

i think i missed stuff cause of commercials

Lilith

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 14, 2017, 10:13:19 PM
I mentioned it last season and you were the only one who said you were watching too. It's such a soap opera but it's so fucking good I can't stop watching. Damn them!  :D

same/same!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: trostol on April 14, 2017, 10:14:03 PM

No, there was weridness and it started in progress for some reason.  ???

zeebo

Quote from: trostol on April 14, 2017, 10:14:03 PM

me too, just caught something about 'elasticity' but then onto fukushima ... we just lost a chunk off our already mini-size bateman cookie.

trostol

boo...got all of 5 minutes there

albrecht

Streaming ads online seem to have preempted some of the show? But once online 5x5 and sounds great Steve!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: brig on April 14, 2017, 10:14:43 PM
I did too.

Me three.  The interview didn't come on until 13 minutes after the hour.  There were like 7 minutes of additional commericals on WABC.

bateman

Front end was clipped on the stream, I'm guessing the local board op didn't hit a switch. Podcast should be fine.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 14, 2017, 10:18:35 PM
Me three.  The interview didn't come on until 13 minutes after the hour.  There were like 7 minutes of additional commericals on WABC.
paralegals at work?

albrecht

Quote from: bateman⭐️ on April 14, 2017, 10:19:30 PM
Front end was clipped on the stream, I'm guessing the local board op didn't hit a switch. Podcast should be fine.
Get that friggin' ghost to work the board. If it can do light switches it could do the board. And at non-union fees.

Lilith

Quote from: bateman⭐️ on April 14, 2017, 10:19:30 PM

It's great to hear you bateman!  Too bad so many commercials take up so much of the little time we have to listen to you.

bateman

Quote from: albrecht on April 14, 2017, 10:17:40 PM
Streaming ads online seem to have preempted some of the show? But once online 5x5 and sounds great Steve!

Thanks, that was through analog broadcast equipment but the connection into WABC was skype (over wifi, to boot) so it sounded more digital than I'd like. Full DC shows will sound warmer.

bateman

Quote from: albrecht on April 14, 2017, 10:20:31 PM
Get that friggin' ghost to work the board. If it can do light switches it could do the board. And at non-union fees.

I think Ghost's board op must have been working the local end tonight.

trostol

well..what i heard was good...thanks

bateman

Quote from: trostol on April 14, 2017, 10:25:39 PM
well..what i heard was good...thanks

Thankyeewww for listening.

Quote from: brig on April 14, 2017, 10:20:59 PM
It's great to hear you bateman!  Too bad so many commercials take up so much of the little time we have to listen to you.

And thankyeewwww, brig.  :)

albrecht

Quote from: bateman⭐️ on April 14, 2017, 10:23:33 PM
I think Ghost's board op must have been working the local end tonight.
Ha. And just so other know, I'm talking about your mysterious light-switching ghost- NOT Ghost's engineer and board op here in Austin!
Btw, of interest to you maybe, I somehow discovered a copy of Bruce Williams last program (when he was online only, I think) sort of fun but he went into some asides about his history in radio, local radio history, and "how to get ahead in radio" (and business) some funny anecdotes about his early career, artificially spiking call in numbers, remote appearances, etc and some stories about other hosts early on (like Limbaugh etc.)

bateman

Quote from: albrecht on April 14, 2017, 10:28:43 PM
Ha. And just so other know, I'm talking about your mysterious light-switching ghost- NOT Ghost's engineer and board op here in Austin!
Btw, of interest to you maybe, I somehow discovered a copy of Bruce Williams last program (when he was online only, I think) sort of fun but he went into some asides about his history in radio, local radio history, and "how to get ahead in radio" (and business) some funny anecdotes about his early career, artificially spiking call in numbers, remote appearances, etc and some stories about other hosts early on (like Limbaugh etc.)

Oh, from the Redfern show. Never encountered whatever that was again, thankfully.  :-X

I'd be curious to hear that.

albrecht

Quote from: bateman⭐️ on April 14, 2017, 10:32:24 PM
Oh, from the Redfern show. Never encountered whatever that was again, thankfully.  :-X

I'd be curious to hear that.
Yep, that was the one!
For what its worth I stumbled upon this a few weeks ago. Some interesting stuff. He had quite a career and it brought back memories from the older days of AM. For some reason I liked him. I recall him taking stands (listen to to his autism vaccine stuff and ethanol here at the beginning. Ha.) but normally more easy-going about advising people against time-shares and bad business ideas etc. And his intro music brought back memories. This should bring up his last show (online show at that point.) I had lost track of him once he wasn't on AM.

https://soundcloud.com/brucewilliams-2/130329-1

Gemstone

Listened live from the Oregon Coast.  Another great segment!