• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What did you like better? Dreamland or C2C?

Started by fromwomewhere outthere, July 20, 2012, 10:52:02 PM

For me it was Dreamland. Does anyone know if Premier owned the rights to Dreamland?

McPhallus

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on July 20, 2012, 10:52:02 PM
For me it was Dreamland. Does anyone know if Premier owned the rights to Dreamland?

I'm still a bit fuzzy on what the difference was between the two. Dreamland is now just a podcast with an insignificant number of listeners.  I'm guessing art turned the rights over to strieber?  It would be interesting if strieber turned it over to someone ambitious enough to build it back up again.

Morgus

In the early 1990s Art started a separate weekly 3 hour live radio show airing early on Sunday evenings, separate from his weekday late-nite c2cam shows.
At that time the weekday shows were mostly open lines with a lot of political talk.
The Sunday night show started as "Area 2000" and later renamed "Dreamland" and had no callers, usually had Linda Howe with her weekly reports for the first hour and then a single guest interview for 2 hours. This was Art's paranormal subject show originally, only some years later did he start to have a few of those guests on c2cam as well.

When Art quit during one of his early retirements before 2000, he turned over Dreamland to Whitley Strieber.
Whitley continued with Dreamland even after Art returned to host c2cam for a few more years.
The broadcast network however cancelled Dreamland after a year or two, then Whitley turned it into an internet only recorded weekly podcast - the length was shortened from 3 hours, to nowadays less than one hour.