• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight in the Diner: Tales from the Road

Started by WeinerInHand, November 22, 2018, 01:04:20 PM

Metron2267

I say Popeyes for their cajun chicken and red beans and rice:

:P

WeinerInHand

Well, now I just feel like I've let you all down...
(This is what driving 550 miles and shutting down at the customer gets you.)

Jackstar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26rZhk1cp5c

Simply put, the end of an era. Those of you who watch this video seeking hidden messages will be disappointed.

WOTR

Quote from: Jackstar on January 13, 2019, 11:31:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26rZhk1cp5c

Simply put, the end of an era. Those of you who watch this video seeking hidden messages will be disappointed.

Don't worry, Jack.  I finally understand what you have been trying to say.  The last clue was quite helpful. .45... 2 tall green buildings, one low green structure.  It all makes sense.  ;)

Metron2267

Quote from: WOTR on January 15, 2019, 02:27:50 AM
Don't worry, Jack.  I finally understand what you have been trying to say.  The last clue was quite helpful. .45... 2 tall green buildings, one low green structure.  It all makes sense.  ;)

Obvious bad wind sock psy-op is obvious... ::)

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 15, 2019, 01:25:38 PM
Fried, grilled or blackened?

Tomaeto/tomahto - as long as it's not soggy and mushy.

WeinerInHand

Three grand... maybe one day, when the price drops ...and they offer a LH option.

https://youtu.be/dbWyrk8xptw

WeinerInHand

New Jersey seems alright to me...

...but they're shuttin' er down, folks!

WeinerInHand

I don't think people realise how much a truck driver suffers when they get stuck at a truck stop due to bad weather...

Metron2267

Quote from: WeinerInHand on January 19, 2019, 04:56:43 AM
Three grand... maybe one day, when the price drops ...and they offer a LH option.

https://youtu.be/dbWyrk8xptw

Super clean sound, and great specs:
GUITAR FEATURES:
•Handmade, Scatterwound Pickups
•Bigsby Tremolo
•Aged Hardware
•Aged Oak Neck
•Whiskey Barrel Top
•Chambered Tennessee Barnwood Body
•Jumbo Frets
•Locking Tuners
•Strap Locks

Any idea what a "scatterwound" pickup is? I mean this looks to be one of those guitars that combines humbuckers with single coil tap technology, am I right?

Metron2267

Quote from: WeinerInHand on January 19, 2019, 08:49:33 AM
I don't think people realise how much a truck driver suffers when they get stuck at a truck stop due to bad weather...

Bastid! You et all my eggs and sauseeege... ;D

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 19, 2019, 12:54:51 PM
Super clean sound, and great specs:
GUITAR FEATURES:
•Handmade, Scatterwound Pickups
•Bigsby Tremolo
•Aged Hardware
•Aged Oak Neck
•Whiskey Barrel Top
•Chambered Tennessee Barnwood Body
•Jumbo Frets
•Locking Tuners
•Strap Locks

Any idea what a "scatterwound" pickup is? I mean this looks to be one of those guitars that combines humbuckers with single coil tap technology, am I right?

I looked it up and it said that it means hand wound, and that brings out more treble, along with more warmth of tone. I assumed this because that guy is mostly slide and finger picking.

As far as the pick up configurations - I'd be the last one to ask. I've spent the last twenty five years playing  acoustic classical guitar. I am mediocre at best and I have no desire to become a guitar great.

When I was nineteen and that's all us kids did was to hang out and play music on the porch? We were real good back then!

Metron2267

OK that makes sense, and that would account for the trebley Telecaster sound.

You ever play any Dobro?

National Resolectric - bet this would sound awesome.

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 19, 2019, 02:51:21 PM
OK that makes sense, and that would account for the trebley Telecaster sound.

You ever play any Dobro?

National Resolectric - bet this would sound awesome.

I've never played one but I do play slide so if I ever get settled down in a place - I wouldn't rule one out!

Metron2267

Slide is cool stuff - all open tuning iirc - like maybe an open E or A Major chord? I recall reading that Clapton played in an open tuning when recording Layla making it difficult for your average garage band to get an in-tune rendition going. I think the Stones did that too on some of their blues songs.