• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Jackstar

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 09, 2017, 03:26:13 AM
Much better job creation numbers than during George W Bush's time:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jobs_created_during_U.S._presidential_terms

I can't find final average annualized real GDP rates under Obama, but there is this:
Without complete data for 2016, the average growth rate during Obama’s two terms was 2 percent, Weller said. That was on par with George H.W. Bush’s term and faster than George W. Bush’s average.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/oct/31/donald-trump/trumps-claim-about-weak-economic-growth-under-obam/

George W Bush averaged 1.6 over his eight years in office.

We'll see where Drumpf ends up after a term, but job growth seems to already be slowing down.

I do have a theory as to why job creation and GDP growth weren't that great over Obama's term but were picking up at the end that is completely consistent with Neo-Classical economic theory, but, as I've written many times, I'd rather discuss these things with a rock than with you, because while, like you, a rock has no intelligence, at least, unlike you, it doesn't believe it knows all sorts of things to be facts that are actually wrong.

However,  if you don't respond to this post here with your likely 'wiki and politifact are 'fake news' ' garbage, I could give it a shot. I suspect you're not interested to begin with though.

Get back to us when you're serious.

136 or 142

Quote from: Jackstar on October 09, 2017, 05:10:50 AM

Get back to us when you're serious.

We could see Trump's GDP figures before he starts a global thermal nuclear war, but there wouldn't be much time.

Jackstar

136 or 142

Quote from: Jackstar on October 09, 2017, 05:30:56 AM

blah blah Chicken Little blah

Well, this is the calm before the storm.

Swishypants

Donald Trump, is President. Donald Trump can kill, yes; WE GO IN; WE KILL! Kill THEM! WE GO IN!

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 09, 2017, 03:26:13 AM
Much better job creation numbers than during George W Bush's time:

I can't find final average annualized real GDP rates under Obama, but there is this:
Without complete data for 2016, the average growth rate during Obama’s two terms was 2 percent, Weller said. That was on par with George H.W. Bush’s term and faster than George W. Bush’s average.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/oct/31/donald-trump/trumps-claim-about-weak-economic-growth-under-obam/

George W Bush averaged 1.6 over his eight years in office.

We'll see where Trump ends up after a term, but job growth seems to already be slowing down.

I do have a theory as to why job creation and GDP growth weren't that great over Obama's term but were picking up at the end that is completely consistent with Neo-Classical economic theory, but, as I've written many times, I'd rather discuss these things with a rock than with you, because while, like you, a rock has no intelligence, at least, unlike you, it doesn't believe it knows all sorts of things to be facts that are actually wrong.

However,  if you don't respond to this post here with your likely 'wiki and politifact are 'fake news' ' garbage, I could give it a shot. I suspect you're not interested to begin with though.

Oh my how you love to get yourself distracted in the weeds - and invarably end up confused and disoriented.

Try this:  focus on the big picture, then look at details to try to understand it.  Especially for economics, when the effect of various imputs varies depending on the timing and current environment at the time (and no, I don't expect you to be able to follow that).

The economy did well under Bush and people had jobs.  Under Obama it took years too long for the economy to have anything but anemic growth, and millions of people never found employment.  Those are real people whose lives and retirements were ruined by an incompetent preening ideologue. 

Presidents and governments don't control the economy, the way they do influence it is by erecting obstacles or tearing them down, by creating too much money or too little.  They also influence the economy by setting a tone on confidence (through speeches and actions) - businesses and consumers had no confidence Obama would enact policies that would help the economy, and acted accordingly.

You act as if the presidents sit in a room somewhere and create or destroy jobs on a whim, and increase or decrease GDP - that the mean Republicans pull the lever that reduces jobs and Obama pulled the lever that increased jobs.  Doesn't quite work that way. 

I could go through you post and point out the flaws, the apples and oranges comparisons and why they are wrong, but you're so far up the ass of the people you are parroting that it would be a waste of time. 

136 or 142

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 09, 2017, 06:44:17 AM
1.The economy did well under Bush (and people had jobs.) Edited by me

2.I could go through you(r) (sic) post and point out the flaws.

1.Except, as the data I posted clearly indicates, it didn't

2.Except you couldn't. 

You keep replying "I could make some intelligent point..." but then you find some excuse not to, because you can't and you know you can't.  You can't make an intelligent point because you're mentally retarded.   

I also never indicated anything of the sort about the power and abilities of Presidents.  You are trying to make some general conservative criticism of liberals apply to me even though nothing I posted there or anywhere else indicates that I believe any such thing.  If you knew anything about neo-classical economics, yet alone economics in general, you'd know that accusation against me makes no sense.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 09, 2017, 06:50:15 AM
... 2.Except you couldn't. 

You keep replying "I could make some intelligent point..." but then you find some excuse not to, because you can't and you know you can't.  You can't make an intelligent point because you're mentally retarded...

Except I do, and all I get back is more nonsense from you - either data taken out of context, apples and oranges comparisons, cherry picked data, flat out BS, or rambling incoherence.  It's mostly a repackaging of the Pretend Media's spin, with a bunch of boring details thrown in.  At some point it's exasperating, like arguing with a 8th grader.  I can't spend hours refuting your foolishness, only to get more in return.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, go back and read the posts on voting.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 09, 2017, 06:50:15 AM
...  I also never indicated anything of the sort about the power and abilities of Presidents...

That's correct, you didn't. 

But since you did bring the economy under George W Bush up for comparison purposes, don't you think that mentioning the limits of the president in managing the economy is a relevent part of a discussion when talking about the merits of the economy's performance under various administrations?  That you didn't is a glaring example of your half-assed approach.

136 or 142

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 09, 2017, 06:58:25 AM
Except I do, and all I get back is more nonsense from you - either data taken out of context, apples and oranges comparisons, cherry picked data, flat out BS, or rambling incoherence.  At some point it's exasperating, like arguing with a 8th grader.  I can't spend hours refuting your foolishness, only to get more in return.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, go back and read the posts on voting.

No data was taken out of context or any of those other things you're throwing up against the wall. If you believe anything was, then state specifically which data point(s) and how.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 09, 2017, 07:10:03 AM
No data was taken out of context...

I believe you believe that

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 09, 2017, 07:10:03 AM
... If you believe anything was, then state specifically which data point(s) and how.

Yawn, see my post above, and why I don't bother

136 or 142

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 09, 2017, 07:07:55 AM
That's correct, you didn't. 

But since you did bring the economy under George W Bush up for comparison purposes, don't you think that mentioning the limits of the president is a relevent part of a discussion when talking about the merits of the economy's performance under various administrations?  That you didn't is a glaring example of your half-assed approach.

Why? You don't seem to think those things matter for the Obama Administration.

Again, your 'complex' arguments always end up 'Republicans good, Democrats bad.' 

136 or 142

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 09, 2017, 07:12:02 AM
Yawn, see my post above

Like I said, you don't point it out because you can't point it out.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 09, 2017, 07:12:06 AM
Why? You don't seem to think those things matter for the Obama Administration...

Yes, he was an obstructionist and anti-business.   In addition, or because of that, businesses and consumers had no confidence in his ability or his interest in working to improve the economy - so businesses didn't expand and hire, and consumers didn't spend.

136 or 142

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 09, 2017, 07:14:48 AM
Yes, he was an obstructionist, and businesses and consumers had no confidence in his ability or his interest in working to improve the economy.

Then why did the economy perform better under Obama than under W. Bush?

If I were really interested in having a discussion with you I'd make the point that although there are some things that all businesses prefer with government behavior, 'businesses' aren't some monolithic group.

However:

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 09, 2017, 07:16:00 AM
Then why did the economy perform better under Obama than under W. Bush?

It didn't moron, that's the point.

That's the part where your tedious post falls apart.  Part of your error is comparing job growth and economic growth in a period of full employent, to a period coming off the post WWII low.  You're comparing my year by year figures (Obama never reaching 3% growth), to the AVERAGE of the Bush years - that included the 2008 bust year.  Even comparing the average GDP growth rates to an era of full employment and the period coming off historic lows is wildly misleading.   

That's all you're getting on me, I've wasted enough time with you on this.  You're not going to get it, and that's fine.

136 or 142

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 09, 2017, 07:18:28 AM

That's the part where your tedious post falls apart.

Except it did, retard.

That's the part of the data that you don't like, so you're trying to excuse it with 'the data is flawed' or 'cherry picked' or I've misquoted it, or whatever fake claim you have.

Fox 'News' or Breitbart or Limbaugh or the Daily Caller have lied to you that the economy performed better under Bush, but the data clearly says otherwise.  You're just a mentally retarded person who believes that the fake 'news' from those outlets is real news because they tell you it is and you're mentally retarded enough to believe them.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 09, 2017, 07:21:31 AM
... Fox 'News' or Breitbart or Limbaugh or the Daily Caller have lied to you that the economy performed better under Bush, but the data clearly says otherwise...

I don't know where you were, but some of us were adults for both the Bush years and the Obama years, and lived through it.  We know what happened.

If you have ''data showing otherwise'', then like I said, you are misinterpreting the data.  And again, considering it's you, it's pointless spending the time pointing out the flaws

136 or 142

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 09, 2017, 07:18:28 AM

That's the part where your tedious post falls apart.  You're comparing job growth and economic growth (sic) in a period of full employment (sic) to a period coming off the post WWII low.  Your're comparing my year by year figures (Obama never reaching 3%), to the AVERAGE of the Bush years that included the 2008 bust year.

That's all you're getting on me, I've wasted enough time with you on this.  You're not going to get it, and that's fine.

Except
1.You were the one who earlier complained that the job and economic growth was slow under Obama after the 2008 recession. Now you're saying he shouldn't get any credit for the growth that did occur because his numbers benefit from the bad economy.  You have literally contradicted yourself.

2.Why shouldn't the Bush Administration get the blame for the 2008 bust year?

As always, your arguments are 'Republicans are good, Democrats are bad" durrr durrr durr

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 09, 2017, 07:28:34 AM
Except
1.You were the one who earlier complained that the job and economic growth was slow under Obama after the 2008 recession. Now you're saying he shouldn't get any credit for the growth that did occur because his numbers benefit from the bad economy...

Yes, his incompetence and hostility to business caused the economy to recover much slower than it otherwise would have.

There's really no getting around that, no matter what memes you post, what assumptions you make on where I go for news, what tedious cherry picked data you post, or what insults you come up with.

136 or 142

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 09, 2017, 07:27:34 AM
I don't know where you were, but some of us were adults for both the Bush years and the Obama years, and lived through it.  We know what happened.

If you have ''data showing otherwise'', then like I said, you are misinterpreting the data.  And again, consideing it's you, it's pointless pointing out the flaws

You might be over 18, but you're not an 'adult.'

You're a mentally retarded, easily brainwashed person.

Both George W Bush and Bill Clinton actually entered their Presidencies as the United States was coming out of a mild recession (you seem to have forgotten that for an 'adult' who lived through the Bush years.)

Yet, the economy added a net of 23 million jobs under the Clinton Presidency and 1.3 million (1,300,000) jobs under the W Bush Presidency.

No matter how much you may want to argue about circumstances, as Loretta said on Cheers to Nick about the misspelling on a cake "but, wait, that's pretty bad."

So, let's see, is this more 'fake data' or 'misinterpretation of statistics'?

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 09, 2017, 07:33:03 AM
You might be over 18, but you're not an 'adult.'

You're a mentally retarded, easily brainwashed person.

Both George W Bush and Bill Clinton actually entered their Presidencies as the United States was coming out of a mild recession (you seem to have forgotten that for an 'adult' who lived through the Bush years.)

Yet, the economy added a net of 23 million jobs under the Clinton Presidency and 1.3 million (1,300,000) jobs under the W Bush Presidency.

No matter how much you may want to argue about circumstances, as Loretta said on Cheers to Nick about the misspelling on a cake "but, wait, that's pretty bad."

So, let's see, is this more 'fake data' or 'misinterpretation of statistics'?

I really have to ask you this one question.  What Clinton policy fostered economic growth?  The ones I know about were where he signed into law House bills espoused by Newt Gingrich but do tell me the other data you have.  Still I give him credit for going along with what the Republicans wanted.

136 or 142

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 09, 2017, 08:15:27 AM
I really have to ask you this one question.  What Clinton policy fostered economic growth?  The ones I know about were where he signed into law House bills espoused by Newt Gingrich but do tell me the other data you have.  Still I give him credit for going along with what the Republicans wanted.

Cutting the budget deficit in the 1993 budget (opposed by every Republican) with, despite what Republicans now claim, was a mix of both tax increases and spending cuts (and building on the work of the tax increases and spending cuts agreed to by both the Democratic Congress of 1990-1991 and the George H W Bush Administration.)

Although it was not a straight line down (long term interest rates rose from February to September of 1994), this ultimately led to long term interest rates dropping even while short term rates temporarily increased (what economists refer to as a 'tilt of the yield curve.')    This cutting of the deficit (and the resulting balanced budgets) led to business confidence that long term rates would remain down which gave them the confidence to invest.   This started to occur before the Republicans took over Congress, though the election of Republicans in Congress may also have provided businesses with confidence that the more liberal Democrats in Congress could not demand an increase in spending after the elimination of the deficit. 

I wrote earlier that businesses aren't a monolithic group, however I also wrote that there are some things that pretty much every business wants, and low interest rates and stable governments are two of those things.

In addition to cutting spending, the Clinton Administration also diverted money to infrastructure spending, though that had longer term benefits aside from the short term increase in employment.

Government budget balances during times of economic growth, government spending on infrastructure and other long term investments and free trade are all basic tenets of neo-classical economics.

I don't know much of what Gingrich did, other that to try and belatedly take the credit for the budget deficits going down after incorrectly predicting a recession would result from the 1993 budget.  However, Gingrich was gone when the Republicans blew up the deficit by claiming that government budget surpluses were  'over taxation.'

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 08, 2017, 05:01:15 PM
oxymoron...and you're just a moron. This guy's thinking is just so messed up.  ::) ;D

One need not be a resident to be a citizen.  Not an oxymoron. 

Gd5150

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 09, 2017, 08:25:06 AM
neo-classical
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

The only idea Clinton brought to the table, national healthcare, was squashed when his wife had her first national failure of many to come. Clinton nevrt proposed spending cuts. He vetoed budgets several times with spending cuts. Raising taxes never stimulates economic growth. It’s like saying taking away food lowers hunger.

The piece de resistance came in the summer of 2000, in June 3 months after the .com collapse started, Clinton claimed we had a 3 trillion dollar surplus. The demokkkrat media, as usual, never questioned it. A month later in July, Clinton issued a correction, it was actually 4 trillion. Again, never questioned. But wait, there’s more! By September, the Clinton administration released a projected surprlus of 5.5 trillion dollars. It was the height of Clinton/demokkkrat media absurdity.

The economic growth of the 90s was primarily due to the internet taking off. It resulted in trillions in investment. Millions of jobs created. And was the result of the private sector. The government cannot create economic growth, it can only shrink or increase the stranglehold it has on the economy.

We’ll be generous and ignore Clinton’s atrocious foreign policy that ignored the 1st WTC bombing, the African embassy bombings, the Mogadishu tragedy (Blackhawk Down), and the USS Cole, all which lead directly to 911. Not to mention his endorsement of Carters joke of a deal with N Korea which has now lead to them having nuclear missiles that can hit the continental United States.

But don’t fret, Clinton was a “real ladies man with charisma and gravitas”. So we were told.

136 or 142

Quote from: PaulAtreides on October 09, 2017, 09:17:30 AM
One need not be a resident to be a citizen.  Not an oxymoron.

No, he was right.  I had it backwards.  I've always had problems with directions.  I've never been tested for it but I'm certain I was born with parietal lobe damage.