• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Future Theater

Started by nbirnes, December 13, 2013, 01:13:22 PM

LW

Quote from: Lunger on June 01, 2015, 08:38:34 PM
How is this even a show?   This is basically Nancy running on her hamster wheel.  Going nowhere.

Keith, please drop Future Theater from DMRN.  Possibly it could be a good show if Nancy were, well, fired.  Leaving just Bill and the other guy to have an actual intelligent discussion.

I don't know.  Maybe I am missing the whole premise of the show.  Two guys with infinite patience putting up with a stereotypical woman?  Is that it?  Nancy! The female Noory.

Gee!  Can't wait for Bellahaven!

There is no way that the show can continue, the  intellectual coefficient has gone to zero. I made the mistake of starting to listen to the June 15 show. The only thing I can say is that redacted didn't join in on the men bashing, she seems to have a good head on her shoulders. i do look forward to hearing more from her.

I will sum it up

Women are great
Men are lesser
Men are afraid of women
And Nancy won't even let a women talk.

The show started with Nancy I can assume ended with Nancy I didn't listen to the end.

I didn't know that DMRN was a political network with feminism and girl power. If feminism is alright on Dm then put me on and I show how feminism brought down North America.

I really hope no one is dumb enough to give her a show.

My wife came in and listened to part of the show and asked "why doesn't bill tell her to shut up". Lol, that said it all for me.

RoseGirl

Quote from: LW on June 16, 2015, 02:44:44 PM
There is no way that the show can continue, the  intellectual coefficient has gone to zero. I made the mistake of starting to listen to the June 15 show. The only thing I can say is that redacted didn't join in on the men bashing, she seems to have a good head on her shoulders. i do look forward to hearing more from her.

I will sum it up

Women are great
Men are lesser
Men are afraid of women
And Nancy won't even let a women talk.

The show started with Nancy I can assume ended with Nancy I didn't listen to the end.

I didn't know that DMRN was a political network with feminism and girl power. If feminism is alright on Dm then put me on and I show how feminism brought down North America.

I really hope no one is dumb enough to give her a show.

My wife came in and listened to part of the show and asked "why doesn't bill tell her to shut up". Lol, that said it all for me.

Wow...that's a lot of hate, LW. Good luck with that.

LW

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 16, 2015, 02:51:35 PM

No hate involved,
I have a question for you, are women too good to hear the truth?

Are women above acting civil?

I would say the same to any man that acted in such an immature manner and have.

Just because you don't like the truth you don't need to label it as "hate" in order to rally behind a politically incorrect label. That is what weak people do when they don't have an intelligent argument.

No hate involved just the truth, the show has turned into a men bashing time.

Rose are you okay with demeaning and bashing men? Is this something that is acceptable to you because of a "precieved" mistreatment somewhere in the past?

Quote from: HopHey on June 16, 2015, 05:43:56 AM
Hello Nancy.  Your show was better last night.
I just wanted to apologize.  I heard the segment where you discussed the posts I've made in here.
I apologize if you think I hate you.  That is not the case at all.  I don't dislike you as a person.  I just personally haven't been a fan of the show or the format because of the interruptions. 

I'm so sorry that you felt I hated you.  I thought I had made that clear in my other posts regarding the show but I guess not.

That was a manipulation on her part - apparently if you aren't a misogynist, you must just be a hater.  A Noory tactic, brought to you by the people who wrote Noory's books for him. 

Please don't apologize.  All you did was state your reaction to the show.  She should be apologizing to you for her comments on the show

I listened to the show because it had PonyBoySunset, and I was interested in what she had to say.  And because I wondered if I'd been too harsh on the show featuring MV.  Then (Redacted) called in and stayed on the line.  My impression of this show wasn't much different from my reaction to the first show.  For me it's now in the Coast to Coast with George Noory category, I doubt I'll be tuning in regardless of the guest.

Nancy wasn't as interruptive, Bill was still trying to be funny and failing, and Angel was still horrible. 

What was with the need to identify the number of people on the show by their genitalia every few minutes?  Does Nancy really believe women are being held back, and if so is she sure it's the men doing it?  Does it have to permeate her show?  Ugh.

Here is just one obnoxious snippet, about the 'cast' of that particular show:

"It's going to irritate and horrify one half of our audience, mmmkay, because it' going to be all girls, basially"

A few questions/comments for Nancy:

a) Do you think Angel is funny?
b) Do you still think it's 1954? 
c) Isn't the term 'womyn', not 'girls'?
d) Why do you think half YOUR audience will be irritated and horrified if there are several female guests, but not with your constant sexist assumptions and accusations?

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 16, 2015, 02:51:35 PM

Not hate on Nancy's part, just the result of a lot of silly 1960s feminist indoctrination

Not hate on LW's part, just pointing out the same thing I heard. 

Here's some examples from just her posts on this thread.  She is completely enmeshed in it.  What a sad way to live.  I wonder if Bill is the same, or if he simply decided to pretend to be around her in order to get along

Quote from: nbirnes on June 02, 2015, 11:33:45 PM
... the hostile male world of the '70s and up to today...

Quote from: nbirnes on June 10, 2015, 04:28:03 PM
... Many many times my voice gets lost...

Quote from: nbirnes on June 11, 2015, 06:18:27 PM
... It's not exactly a woman's world out here.

RoseGirl

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 16, 2015, 03:11:56 PM
Not hate on Nancy's part, just the result of a lot of silly 1960s feminist indoctrination

Not hate on LW's part, just pointing out the same thing I heard.

The 60s was a half century ago...can we please get beyond it?

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 16, 2015, 03:23:06 PM
The 60s was a half century ago...can we please get beyond it?

Talk to Nancy

RoseGirl

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 16, 2015, 03:22:38 PM
Here's some examples from just her posts on this thread.  She is completely enmeshed in it.  What a sad way to live.  I wonder if Bill is the same, or if he simply decided to go along to get along

How are any of those statements incorrect?

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 16, 2015, 03:24:06 PM

How is it Nancy has a show and talks over everyone if 'men' are holding 'women' back? 

How is her voice getting lost?

Do you also see a 'hostile male world'?

LW

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 16, 2015, 03:24:06 PM

Lets assume that her statements are correct is that a "excuse" for like behaviour or from what I have seen even worse?

i do not see her sexist statements as anything that even remotely resembles the truth. It is an excuse to hide behind.

I see a lot of truly abused people and the one thing that I have noticed is that someone that is truly abused will never whine about it or even talk about.

bateman

I haven't listened to the show yet, but based on the comments posted here, I definitely take issue with a 'hostile male world' and would love to know how women are being oppressed in any first world country.

RoseGirl

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 16, 2015, 03:30:47 PM
How is it Nancy has a show and talks over everyone if 'men' are holding 'women' back? 

How is her voice getting lost?

Do you also see a 'hostile male world'?

Nancy has a show because her husband has a show. There are precious few women on the radio that can appear without a male counter-part. Very rare, indeed. But if you want a list of shows that have only men...well...that would be a long, long list. You can't possibly be so naïve not to see that radio is a male dominated, old boys club...can you?

I noticed that on last night's show Nancy didn't interrupt as much...if at all. It's because she didn't have to. She didn't have to fight to make her point or wasn't immediately discredited for the point she did make. We actually listened to her. Imagine that, eh?

And you know what? I lived through the 70s and it wasn't a kind decade to women. Nor was the 80s, the 90s and beyond. Nancy is definitely right. Course, that is only her experience and she is, after all, a woman....so her experience may not count.

RoseGirl

Quote from: LW on June 16, 2015, 03:37:31 PM
Lets assume that her statements are correct is that a "excuse" for like behaviour or from what I have seen even worse?

i do not see her sexist statements as anything that even remotely resembles the truth. It is an excuse to hide behind.

I see a lot of truly abused people and the one thing that I have noticed is that someone that is truly abused will never whine about it or even talk about.

*grabs LW by the shoulders and shakes him*

Make sense, man...come on, you can do it.

zeebo

I won't speak for Redacted but gotta say I cringed a bit when Nancy said something about "you have to have more than a pretty voice" to succeed in radio.  First off, Redacted's also got a great on-air personality and wit, so kind of a shallow statement there.  Secondly, can you imagine the reaction had a guy said that to her? 

Anyway, I didn't agree with everything in the convo but thought it was still interesting, particularly that the women couldn't even agree with each other on some stuff.  Lot of differing opinions on the subject, as there have been over the last half century. 

LW

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 16, 2015, 04:12:35 PM
Nancy has a show because her husband has a show. There are precious few women on the radio that can appear without a male counter-part. Very rare, indeed. But if you want a list of shows that have only men...well...that would be a long, long list. You can't possibly be so naïve not to see that radio is a male dominated, old boys club...can you?

I noticed that on last night's show Nancy didn't interrupt as much...if at all. It's because she didn't have to. She didn't have to fight to make her point or wasn't immediately discredited for the point she did make. We actually listened to her. Imagine that, eh?

And you know what? I lived through the 70s and it wasn't a kind decade to women. Nor was the 80s, the 90s and beyond. Nancy is definitely right. Course, that is only her experience and she is, after all, a woman....so her experience may not count.

Okay, at least that's clear, we didn't listen to the same show, or lived in the same part of the world.

Grabs me by the shoulders and shakes me?

You call my words hate, what do you call physical abuse?

LW

Quote from: zeebo on June 16, 2015, 04:19:03 PM
I won't speak for Redacted but gotta say I cringed a bit when Nancy said something about "you have to have more than a pretty voice" to succeed in radio.  First off, Redacted's also got a great on-air personality and wit, so kind of a shallow statement there.  Secondly, can you imagine the reaction had a guy said that to her? 

Anyway, I didn't agree with everything in the convo but thought it was still interesting, particularly that the women couldn't even agree with each other on some stuff.  Lot of differing opinions on the subject, as there have been over the last half century.

Yes, I was wondering if Redacted was offended by that slap.

PathoJen

Quote from: LW on June 16, 2015, 04:22:11 PM
Yes I was wondering if Redacted was offended by that slap.
Nancy also praised Redacted for her voice, for her personality, and for getting Art's attention. She said so many good things about her, I wonder if you are taking that one remark out of context. i don't recall hearing it, but then again I missed quite a bit of the beginning.
If you want to talk about interrupting, one of the men, (not bill) had super loud audio and he kept talking over everyone, and trying to be funny, and truth be told her ruined it for me. Perhaps he thinks he's clever, and people want to hear him, and maybe they do, but for me it was huge turn off.

RoseGirl

Quote from: zeebo on June 16, 2015, 04:19:03 PM

A guy doesn't have to say that to her....she's been forced to live with it all her life.

'women couldn't even agree with each other...'  Well now, there are just so many things to say about this stereotype, now aren't there?

Quote from: PathoJen on June 16, 2015, 04:28:15 PM
... If you want to talk about interrupting, one of the men, (not bill) had super loud audio and he kept talking over everyone, and trying to be funny, and truth be told her ruined it for me. Perhaps he thinks he's clever, and people want to hear him, and maybe they do, but for me it was huge turn off.

That was Angel.

Absolutely horrible.

PathoJen

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 16, 2015, 04:30:57 PM
That was Angel.

Absolutely horrible.
I don't want to offend anyone, but you are right. He was pretty bad.

zeebo

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 16, 2015, 04:28:26 PM
...'women couldn't even agree with each other...'  Well now, there are just so many things to say about this stereotype, now aren't there?

I didn't even know that was a stereotype.  No offense intended.  I just thought it was interesting there are different views even within the same gender on the complex subject. 

zeebo

...If you want to talk about interrupting, one of the men, (not bill) had super loud audio and he kept talking over everyone...

I kept waiting for the guys to leave so the actual women-only show could start, that's what I wanted to hear.

RoseGirl

Quote from: zeebo on June 16, 2015, 04:36:34 PM
I kept waiting for the guys to leave so the actual women-only show could start, that's what I wanted to hear.

man hater!

LW

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 16, 2015, 04:30:57 PM
That was Angel.

Absolutely horrible.

At times I see him trying to get control of the show and back on track but other times he just spews completely inappropriate comments.

Nancy has a show because her husband has a show. There are precious few women on the radio that can appear without a male counter-part. Very rare, indeed...

The lack of women doesn't necessarily mean it's because the men suppress them.  Is it possible not as many women are willing to move around to various small podunk markets every year or so, take the lousy pay, and perfect the craft between midnight and 5am to follow their dream?  Is it possible a man would be more willing to do that than a woman?  Would it have been impossible for Nancy to have a podcast without Bill?  Just asking.

And it's not like their are No womyn in broadcasting, or none with their own shows.  Up until recently Barbara Simpson had a very popular weekend show here, I guess it would have been considerd a 'right-wing- political show.  I never heard a single comment from all those right-wingers calling in who said or implied she shouldn't have a show, or anything remotely related. 

... I noticed that on last night's show Nancy didn't interrupt as much...if at all. It's because she didn't have to. She didn't have to fight to make her point or wasn't immediately discredited for the point she did make. We actually listened to her. Imagine that, eh?...

This is bullshit.  MV was not talking over her on the other show I listened to, just the opposite.  Go back and listen.

I thought perhaps she wasn't doing it as much because of the comments posters here made.  But she still stepped on the womyn, interrupted, took the topic off course, just less so

RoseGirl

Quote from: LW on June 16, 2015, 04:38:05 PM
At times I see him trying to get control of the show and back on track but other times he just spews completely inappropriate comments.

When was the show off track? And what track should it have been on?

Quote from: LW on June 16, 2015, 04:38:05 PM

He simply isn't funny.  It would be a kindness to let him know

LW

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 16, 2015, 04:39:35 PM
When was the show off track? And what track should it have been on?

Now you just want to pick a fight. So no more conversation for you, lol.

zeebo

Nancy also praised Redacted for her voice, for her personality, and for getting Art's attention. She said so many good things about her, I wonder if you are taking that one remark out of context. i don't recall hearing it, but then again I missed quite a bit of the beginning...

Nope not taking it out of context, just highlighting a particular statement I thought was a sour note and I was surprised no one called her on.  I wasn't trying to portray the whole conversation that way.  There were as you pointed out some nice and supportive things said as well.