• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory for Radio Hall of Fame — How To Vote

Started by El Chorro, June 05, 2018, 02:53:05 PM

El Chorro

Vote George for the Radio Hall of Fame by visiting https://www.radiovote.com or texting 700 to the number 96000.

Metron2267

Quote from: Morgus on June 05, 2018, 02:55:34 PM
How do we vote to not elect Noory?

C'mon Morgus, you of all avatars shouldn't fold on Jorch!

;)

El Chorro

Levin won. That sucks...Levin is second- or third-rate and annoying as hell with his Joe Flynn whine.

At least George is leading a major brand. Now it's up to the "industry panel" that put Hannity in after Savage beat him in the fan-voting a few years ago.

Jojo

So sad!  They remarked on the competitiveness this year.  I am very surprised.  As much as I poke fun at or get mad at George, he is my listening choice...along with a local college station, classical and NPR/jazz.

Fourteen

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 14 on June 25, 2018, 09:12:59 AM
So sad!  They remarked on the competitiveness this year.  I am very surprised.  As much as I poke fun at or get mad at George, he is my listening choice...along with a local college station, classical and NPR/jazz.

Fourteen

Good morning, Mr. Noory! :D

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 25, 2018, 09:13:59 AM
Brat.

Do you really think Mr. Noory would have stayed up all night slaying Damon's demons Saturday!
Fourteen

Jojo

Were you in advertising?  Somehow I just see persuasion as part of your job.
Fourteen

Metron2267

Quote from: El Chorro on June 25, 2018, 06:28:12 AM
Levin won. That sucks...Levin is second- or third-rate and annoying as hell with his Joe Flynn whine.

Oh you so nailed that analogy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkgqhxmaYR0

;D ;D ;D

QuoteAt least George is leading a major brand. Now it's up to the "industry panel" that put Hannity in after Savage beat him in the fan-voting a few years ago.

George at least has longevity ( started in 1974), Levin's been on the air for what, 12 years?

Jojo

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 25, 2018, 09:40:18 AM
Oh you so nailed that analogy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkgqhxmaYR0

;D ;D ;D

George at least has longevity ( started in 1974), Levin's been on the air for what, 12 years?
That video, lol.
Fourteen

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 25, 2018, 09:13:59 AM
Seems like you're the slow snoory this morning...he did say he never learned to type!
Fourteen

Dateline

No, he did not start in radio in 1974 and toil away going from station to station.  He made a career change in about the late nineties to talk radio in the St. Louis market.  One night he heard Art Bell and began to pattern his local show into a version of that.  When Art was out he began filling in and has taken the Coast franchise where it is today.  That was after he replaced Art as the full-time host.   He may have been on Coast a few years longer than Levine. 

Metron2267

:)
Good thing he wasn't speaking Russian, eh 14?

Levin went national in '06, Noory in '03.

But to be fair neither one necessarily innovated in radio, so I go next to a lifetime in broadcasting and Noory 'wins' hands down.

Jojo

Quote from: Dateline on June 25, 2018, 09:52:22 AM
No, he did not start in radio in 1974 and toil away going from station to station.  He made a career change in about the late nineties to talk radio in the St. Louis market.  One night he heard Art Bell and began to pattern his local show into a version of that.  When Art was out he began filling in and has taken the Coast franchise where it is today.  That was after he replaced Art as the full-time host.   He may have been on Coast a few years longer than Levine.
Do you mean a career change from having done newscasting, producing, and directing?  And I'm sure he had to toil, as divorcing with so many young children in the picture, plus alimony, must have been very expensive.  Not to say he didn't presumably deserve it!
Fourteen

Metron2267

Sure, Russian is all the rage these days where tests of political purity and loyalty are concerned. :-\

Jojo

I will say it was nice NOT to see "no babes in arms" on his last event.  Maybe they found a hall with a cry room.
Fourteen

ItsOver

Jorch is never going to retire from his sweet gig with PremRat.  Unless he keels over, he'll hang around long enough to get voted in over someone even worse than he is as a show host, although that may be a long wait. ;D

Jojo

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 25, 2018, 10:02:16 AM
Sure, Russian is all the rage these days where tests of political purity and loyalty are concerned. :-\
Shesh, I'm not sure bec they all came here about 20 years ago!
Fourteen

Jojo

Quote from: ItsOver on June 25, 2018, 10:03:14 AM
Jorch is never going to retire from his sweet gig with PremRat.  Unless he keels over, he'll hang around long enough to get voted in over someone even worse than he is as a show host, although that may be a long wait. ;D
Did you see his latest contract is much shorter than the other two?
Fourteen

Jojo

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 25, 2018, 09:55:47 AM
:)
Good thing he wasn't speaking Russian, eh 14?

Levin went national in '06, Noory in '03.

But to be fair neither one necessarily innovated in radio, so I go next to a lifetime in broadcasting and Noory 'wins' hands down.
Does Levin get confrontational?  Noory may have innovated the conflict-free "I'll talk so you don't get embarassed while we terminate yer call..."  Seems like half his inane comments are for purposes other than speaking!  "The clock is getting us!". God forbid an ad be late!  How did Art handle getting callers to shut up at ad time?
Fourteen

Metron2267

Quote from: 14 on June 25, 2018, 10:03:02 AM
I will say it was nice NOT to see "no babes in arms" on his last event.  Maybe they found a hall with a cry room.
Fourteen

All occupied by millennial Occutards acting out... :'(

Metron2267

Quote from: 14 on June 25, 2018, 10:03:59 AM
Shesh, I'm not sure bec they all came here about 20 years ago!
Fourteen

Who is "they"?

Metron2267

Quote from: 14 on June 25, 2018, 10:11:37 AM
Does Levin get confrontational? 

Quite, but that's Joe Pine territory, long since pioneered.

QuoteNoory may have innovated the conflict-free "I'll talk so you don't get embarassed while we terminate yer call..."  Seems like half his inane comments are for purposes other than speaking!  "The clock is getting us!". God forbid an ad be late!  How did Art handle getting callers to shut up at ad time?
Fourteen

Interesting point,  Noory seems to have inadvertently stumbled back then into the late Herb Jepko's shoes:

http://www.nitecaps.net/audioclips.htm

http://www.nitecaps.net/Audio/1978_Gold_Coast_Nitestand_Secretary_Call.mp3

http://www.nitecaps.net/Audio/Mutual_Broadcasting_system_Intro.mp3

Bluejay

Quote from: 14 on June 25, 2018, 10:03:02 AM
Fourteen