• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

trostol

Quote from: H. L. F. on December 01, 2016, 11:47:47 PM
What is it with the lack of professionalism and dedication by these radio hosts in the genre.  Noory is winning by default because nobody else even bothers to show up.

which is saying a lot cause while he is physically there..he doesn't show up

paladin1991

What is it with the lack of professionalism and dedication by these radio hosts in the genre.  Noory is winning by default because nobody else even bothers to show up.

I know right? 

expat

Jackstar

QuoteSay, does that remind you of anything? It should do.

Hey expat, great to see you. Which of your alts should I give the answer to your rhetorical question to?

expat

Quote from: Jackstar on December 02, 2016, 03:00:51 PM
Hey expat, great to see you. Which of your alts should I give the answer to your rhetorical question to?

A comment on the blog will do nicely.

Jackstar

Quote from: expat on December 02, 2016, 04:27:31 PM
A comment on the blog will do nicely.

But, Baby--I don't know if I'm ready for that kind of commitment.

=Schlyder=

RCH ... LOL  another week off eh?  You lazy Lima bean.

Dyna-X

The clock is ticking....12 more days until I pull my subscription. I have been more than patient.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dyna-X on December 03, 2016, 01:02:41 AM
The clock is ticking....12 more days until I pull my subscription. I have been more than patient.

Careful, or you'll get a visit from the Krampus!

Dyna-X

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 03, 2016, 01:18:37 AM

LOL, I'd give Hoagie a free pass if he came on the air and ranted for two hours in full fledged grumpaw mode as long as he came back.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dyna-X on December 03, 2016, 01:25:35 AM
LOL, I'd give Hoagie a free pass if he came on the air and ranted for two hours in full fledged grumpaw mode as long as he came back.

Haha grumpaw is a great word; I'm stealing it!

pate

I wish to sind this to Hoacks,

Thyme DELAY.  Metroid.

Mmm

starrmtn001

Quote from: pate on December 03, 2016, 02:38:09 AM
I wish to sind this to Hoacks,

Thyme DELAY.  Metroid.

Mmm

As long as it's not thyme balm DELAY.  Heh, heh. ;D

starrmtn001

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 03, 2016, 01:18:37 AM

I used to use this to keep the Krampus away. ;) ;D

PaulAtreides

I emailed KIYQ and asked, "....is Hoagland going to do a show or not?"  The reply was, "Hi yes. We are waiting for Richard as well.  We hope soon. "

WOTR

Quote from: PaulAtreides on December 03, 2016, 07:47:48 AM
I emailed KIYQ and asked, "....is Hoagland going to do a show or not?"  The reply was, "Hi yes. We are waiting for Richard as well.  We hope soon. "
Translation:"Hi, yes. We are awiting on payment from Richard. We hope to receive a cheque soon."

Nobody

Quote from: Nobody on November 11, 2016, 03:55:26 AM
Having the strong sense of morbid curiosity I do, I'll check the thread in a week or three just to see if Hoagland has somehow managed to contrive to get back on the air. 

Well, here we are three weeks later and Hoagland, it seems, has accomplished bugger all since my last post.

Wait, no, I'm wrong:

*****IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM DR. ROBIN FALKOV*****
To All Our Family at The Other Side of Midnight,

We have fought a long hard battle since the first airing of the show...blah...blah...blah

It appears that Hoagland has now taken up hiding behind women's skirts as a hobby.  Well, at least he's not been completely idle, eh?

I had thought that, despite not paying his bills or bothering to keep his word, if nothing else, the fellow did his own talking.  Now, even that's gone.  I can only hope Hoagland's Man Card spontaneously combusted after he decided to let a woman do his talking for him and face the criticism that has been (quite rightly) aimed in his direction.

Whilst his science may be dodgy, and the less said about his mathematical ability the better, when it comes to cranking up the stupidity to its highest possible amperage, Hoagland remains unsurpassed.  The man seems to have endless scope for making himself look bad and I, for one, am not even going to attempt to guess what he'll pull next.  If he makes his next appearance claiming he's now become a transvestite at age 71 because "it's in the physics," it will not surprise me in the slightest. 

Does anyone else remember that never-quite-finished story he told about how he found himself "looking down the barrel of a gun" at a bar in DC?  I freely admit that, at the time, I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.  After seeing him hide behind his quack "doctor" wife, however, it's obvious that story was complete bollocks.  Anyone who can't man up and take responsibility for his actions from behind the safety of a computer monitor simply wouldn't be capable of seeing the business end of a gun without stroking out on the spot.

At this point, the few remaining Hoagland supporters are noteworthy, not only for their long suffering, but also for their apparently inexhaustible gullibility (no kidding, he's still getting positive comments on the OSOM site).  It seems that the old saw about being able to fool "some of the people all of the time" is still applicable, even in the 21st century.  There's something ineffably sad about how many times people can be fooled (and, indeed, almost insist on being fooled) in the exact same way.

[shakes head in disbelief]

trostol

so yeah..Will is an idiot among others

KyleMurray says:
December 3, 2016 at 12:54 am
Mr. Hoagland, I hope all is well with you and yours. I have continued to pay because I support you and the wonderful things that you do for us all; even though we have not seen a new show for weeks, because I assume, that based on what you first said; this was some sort of equipment and web attack, and or nature related semi-disaster. I do find it somewhat upsetting that you use the DARPA created, ‘periscope up everybody’s a** site’ Facebook'(Which I will not use) to keep folks updated, instead of the TOSOM site that we help support. When are you and it coming back ? We all miss you ! Blessed Be’ : )

WilliamFarrar says:
December 4, 2016 at 3:02 am
I can promise you that Richard will be back on the air soon. He is in good health, good spirits and is finishing up the technical and legal fun that come along with moving stations. Him and the whole shows crew are working behind the scenes on something very special for when he picks up the mic live again! Plus nail down all the bandwidth and fun stuff like that. You all who have stuck around during all this craziness are awesome! I have met a lot of you from the imaging shows and some of you have emailed me after I hosted while he was out. Crossing the T’s and Dotting the I’s. The opportunity for the show to explode from here is endless. Stick with Rich! We have been dying to put on another imaging show we have so many new great stuff coming down from Curiosity as well as a pretty big announcement soon! There is a lot of work going on behind the scenes that I believe will be a game changer. Take care and have a good one! Just came on the site to see if people were still commenting and such since it was a replay from an Imaging show.

trostol

my guess is someone put out the braap signal cause they were getting killed in the comments section

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on December 05, 2016, 05:13:53 PM
my guess is someone put out the braap signal cause they were getting killed in the comments section

i just want a drunken hoagland xmas special  :'(

https://youtu.be/J4gMf1KP7i0

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on December 05, 2016, 06:21:01 PM
i just want a drunken hoagland xmas special  :'(

https://youtu.be/J4gMf1KP7i0

greatness..and you see what Nathan did you Murderface..thats what i wanna do to RCH

ItsOver

"Thuh trooth!"

norland2424

Quote from: expat on December 06, 2016, 10:34:38 AM
...and they couldn't even be arsed to post that on the web site. Truly this enterprise is dead.

jerry

Quote from: expat on December 06, 2016, 10:34:38 AM
...and they couldn't even be arsed to post that on the web site. Truly this enterprise is dead.

That WAS from the website.  And yet another replay for tonight is posted as well.