• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151019 - David Jacobs - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by Robert, October 19, 2015, 10:12:23 PM

AppealPlay

Quote from: someguy on October 19, 2015, 10:48:25 PM
you're incapable of seeing things objectively. the world isn't the USA, it might be for you, but other countries and cultures exist

Perhaps that's true.  I am American and it affects my judgment...just like you being Canadian affects your judgment.  Every time I've traveled abroad I have felt, and I know this sounds silly, naked without my sidearm.  In Mexico especially.  Oof.  Mexico is special.

DanTSX

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 19, 2015, 10:43:11 PM
Don't be like that.  Security blanket?  Well, I guess in some way it is a security blanket.  I feel safer when I'm carrying my handgun and knowing I can adequately protect myself in the event of a bad situation is comforting.  I don't understand why anyone would be against CCW permits.  It's good for everyone.

I carry in the USA

I'd carry in Canada if I could.  The only time I was ever mugged with a weapon was on Bloor in TO, and I've been around.  Most of Canada is fine though, even the cities.   

But CCW is a pretty foreign concept in Canada.  The problem is when Canadians look at the USA as having a gun problem, rather than the rather obvious problem of why many Americans feel the need to carry a gun, and that is directly related to population size and demographics rather than a societal failure that could had been prevented if I just traded hugs for guns.

norland2424

you're incapable of seeing things objectively. the world isn't the USA, it might be for you, but other countries and cultures exist

And thats why the world is going go to hell in a hand basket!! ;D

trostol

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 19, 2015, 10:45:40 PM
It really is complete bullshit.  Keith must figure out how to prevent this shit from happening.  Hell, get a microwave system installed.  Actually, isn't Art already setup with a microwave connection?  What the hell?
From the parts of the live stream i was able to hear, Art said it was a Technical problem in Phoenix. That means it's probably not the uplink. It could very well be the service provider itself.

Rocky4228

Has anyone seen confirmation anywhere that tonight's show is officially axed?  I want to be sure before I give up.

AppealPlay

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on October 19, 2015, 10:51:35 PM
From the parts of the live stream i was able to hear, Art said it was a Technical problem in Phoenix. That means it's probably not the uplink. It could very well be the service provider itself.

Ah, okay.  The problem is outside of the Artiverse.  Rush Limbaugh doesn't seem to have these constant issues, though.

slippingaway

Quote from: someguy on October 19, 2015, 10:45:09 PM
because Canada is an entirely different country and doesn't conform to your standards or what you'd like
You're being a bit generous calling Canada a country, right? The queen still presides over your parliment, right?

So that makes an old lady Canada's security blanket. That and Mooses

Meanwhile, in Kansas, it has been ammended to our constitution: if you can legally posess it and open-carry, and you can legally conceal it.

Just remember, when seconds matter, cops are just minutes away. 15 tops.  okay maybe 30 depending on the shift. And if your life was on the line, I'd do my constitutional duty to whip out my security blanket and save your ass. Does your secuirty blanket do that?

JamesMcDonald

So this freak was on the Paracast last night and now he's back with Art again tonight?  When does he just go back to watching television all day and night like he says he wants to?  That'd be great.

Robert

Quote from: Morgus on October 19, 2015, 10:47:23 PMKeith tweeted on the DMDN tweet feed a few minutes ago:
Midnight in the Desert - 08-14-2015: Andrew Basiago

So he has decided to just use a replay now.
So why is the Redfern show going out on air, & other people are posting in the Jacobs thread?

trostol

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on October 19, 2015, 10:53:10 PM
So this freak was on the Paracast last night and now he's back with Art again tonight?  When does he just go back to watching television all day and night like he says he wants to?  That'd be great.

who..cause last i looked there was a repeat on

Kolchak

A friend asked me to get drinks and we didn't leave the bar until a half hour after the show started. I was upset that I was missing it. I guess that wasn't the case.

Weirdoradio

Art on FB:
"Can you hear me now? The Internet in Phoenix has failed taking this out of my heartbroken hands. Damn I wanted to do this show but a single point of failure failed. Check back here for details."

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: slippingaway on October 19, 2015, 10:52:57 PM
You're being a bit generous calling Canada a country, right? The queen still presides over your parliment, right?

Meanwhile, in Kansas, it has been ammended to our constitution: if you can legally posess it and open-carry, and you can legally conceal it.

Just remember, when seconds matter, cops are just minutes away. 15 tops.  okay maybe 30 depending on the shift.

Another deluded American who thinks they broke away from control from the Banks in London.  Good luck with that, buddy.

Your bosses are the Reptiles in the City of London, just like us.

Noorynoid

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 19, 2015, 10:45:40 PM
It really is complete bullshit.  Keith must figure out how to prevent this shit from happening.  Hell, get a microwave system installed.  Actually, isn't Art already setup with a microwave connection?  What the hell?

That's what he said, XDS, any radio station could download the live stream from the bird, something is up, must be Noory and his band of rotten bullies.

DanTSX

And many of them fail to uphold values of justice and freedom or contributions of the USA (and Canada too).

Of course we can nitpick and accuse me of being a xenophobe, but the world Is a very fucked up place.  That's just reality.  Not big multicultural Justin Hugs.

AppealPlay

Quote from: trostol on October 19, 2015, 10:55:05 PM

That's a great thought!  The aliens came all the way from wherever the hell they live just for Earth weed. ;D

coaster

Nudes are against the rules. I do like boobs however.

DanTSX

Quote from: slippingaway on October 19, 2015, 10:52:57 PM

Just remember, when seconds matter, cops are just minutes away. 15 tops.  okay maybe 30 depending on the shift. And if your life was on the line, I'd do my constitutional duty to whip out my security blanket and save your ass. Does your secuirty blanket do that?

Canada can't even get all of theor provinces to ratify theor constitution.

And there is no such thing as the right to free and open speech in Canada either.  They can toss your ass in jail if you trigger a fembot.