• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151008 - Kevin Mitnick - Hacking - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, October 08, 2015, 07:42:26 PM

ShayP

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on October 08, 2015, 10:30:57 PM
Why does Mitnick's voice sound like garbage? You'd think a hacker would have a better connection!

he just sounds like that.  ;D   Love the avatar btw.

maren

Quote from: ASC on October 08, 2015, 10:27:32 PM
thanks for all the hellos tonight

HELLO!

I'm usually prepping for the next day when listening to Art, but I'm always listening and try to get some posts in to help out MV.

by the way, this guy is entertaining so far. Good show

Your avatar is beautiful, BTW!

ShayP

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 08, 2015, 10:30:32 PM
This show is so up my alley. Tess Gertisen on Monday, Kevin Mitnick tonight, Open Lines tomorrow. I'm a happy camper.  ;D

Good.  Now you need to stay out of the Falkie thread and put that energy to hockey.  trust me.  ;)  ;D

Zenman

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on October 08, 2015, 10:30:57 PM
Why does Mitnick's voice sound like garbage? You'd think a hacker would have a better connection!

The connection probably has several agencies tapped into it.

Quote from: Zenman on October 08, 2015, 10:27:20 PM
I bet Heathkit'll have a bunch of computer kits. Maybe cell phone ones too.
Give Arduino & Raspberri Pi a run for the money

GravitySucks

Quote from: maren on October 08, 2015, 10:10:17 PM
Hi!  So sorry nobody said hi to you.  I'm a relative newbie, but let me give you a welcoming *hug*!
See... That's how social engineering works

Quote from: Zenman on October 08, 2015, 10:28:57 PM
This guy's great. Heard him before.
I'm pretty sure Art had him on before also.... Maybe I'm thinking of DefCON. ???

sydtron

HAHAHAH... Why does this song allways remind me of Peenman Enterprizes??

lol

Noorynoid

Quote from: inuk2600 on October 08, 2015, 10:25:50 PM
gotta love the great and powerful woz

Next time you talk to Steve ask him about putting permanent magnets on the tape head on 8 track players at a certain Radio Shack in San Jose back about 1972-1973. We knew who did it but didn't know who he was back then.

ArJuna

Quote from: trostol on October 08, 2015, 10:28:17 PM
indeed

It appears the Heathkit resurrection is at this point just an idea.  I can find no real products on their website except for a few old kits, manuals and parts they sell on eBay.  I'm not sure if its a good idea to bring them back because electronics is very different now.  I have a workshop with tens of thousands of electronic components I can use to build and repair a lot of old stuff, but most of the new stuff is consolidated circuitry in a chip surrounded by a handful of components for interfacing with I/O, displays, and controls.

With products like the Arduino line much can be built using programmable components. Anything else would likely be very simple compared to the Heathkits of old.  I still love building stuff from scratch using the basics.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: sydtron on October 08, 2015, 10:38:04 PM
HAHAHAH... Why does this song allways remind me of Peenman Enterprizes??

lol

Me too hehe, whenever I hear it I half expect Phil to pop in and do a commercial for the earth handle or the Devil-B-Gone hell suit.

Zenman

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on October 08, 2015, 10:38:02 PM
I'm pretty sure Art had him on before also.... Maybe I'm thinking of DefCON. ???

Yes. He was on Art many moons ago. Entertaining dude. Has done a lot of crazy, interesting stuff. (And got in lots of trouble, of course.)

maren

Quote from: Zenman on October 08, 2015, 10:17:43 PM
I definitely will as soon as there's a Zenman line.   ;D

I'll definitely submit the suggestion.  You should have no trouble getting through!

starrmtn001

Quote from: maren on October 08, 2015, 10:10:17 PM
I'm a relative newbie,
Wait maren, I thought you said you were a relative Newish?  Hey!  I have Newish relatives.  They recently married into the family. ;D

Quote from: ShayP on October 08, 2015, 10:40:57 PM
don't we all?

This could be such a philosophical question. No doubt the answer involves 19.5 in some way.

The FBI huh? Secret Service handled all computer crime back then.

maren

Quote from: Zenman on October 08, 2015, 10:34:38 PM
The connection probably has several agencies tapped into it.

Do you subscribe to The Conspiracy Channel?