• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151006 - Prof. Ronald Mallett - Time Travel - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 06, 2015, 08:01:38 PM

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 06, 2015, 11:28:09 PM
Only if you had a squirrel's dexterity and speed.  Oh... you do!

Sir, I don't run about like some kind of common park critter.

chefist

Quote from: ASC on October 06, 2015, 11:29:13 PM
haha!

I love chefist

my wife brought home a bag of Lays "Macaroni and cheese with bacon" chips

tasted like most bbq chips.

I have noticed that...they have these crazy names and usually end up tasting like some normal flavor...I'm a Salt n Vinegar chip guy!

chefist

Quote from: zeebo on October 06, 2015, 11:31:08 PM

Your OSOM dress! I'm impressed, sir!

You need RCH's crest....

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: chefist on October 06, 2015, 11:31:19 PM
I have noticed that...they have these crazy names and usually end up tasting like some normal flavor...I'm a Salt n Vinegar chip guy!

Kettle salt n' vinegar or Vickie's jalapeno flavor.

pate

I want to join the Church of The Big Lebowski.

Sounds more fun that the Flying Spaghetti Monster Church...

maren

Quote from: zeebo on October 06, 2015, 11:31:08 PM

I just LOVE that -- cracks me up.

ArJuna

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on October 06, 2015, 11:22:13 PM
+1

VLC is King

Yeah, I've never had a single drop using VLC, whereas I used to drop almost everytime I used Tune-in in a browser

nbirnes

Quote from: WhiteCrow on October 06, 2015, 11:30:42 PM
Vortex in coffee, drop a coffee bean in coffee and stir with spoon ... Ok got it.. Stir one way and then other and coffee bean travels back and forth in time. Amazing! What would happen if stirred coffee with finger instead of spoon... Answer this one Prof... Does finger get twisted or entangled in time?

Doesn't matter. Finger, spoon, laser beam. Finger is the twister; thus can't be twisted. Let me know if you grok. 👯

pate

Quote from: nbirnes on October 06, 2015, 11:36:49 PM
Doesn't matter. Finger, spoon, laser beam. Finger is the twister; thus can't be twisted. Let me know if you grok. 👯

Heh, pull my finger...

albrecht

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 06, 2015, 11:34:33 PM
Kettle salt n' vinegar or Vickie's jalapeno flavor.
I hate to burst bubbles but I always had issues that not enough vinegar. (And I'm the type who likes white, rather than malt on chips etc but still like that lacking other.)
http://www.seriouseats.com/2012/09/the-best-salt-and-vinegar-chips-tasting-brands-most-acidic.html

Mild Bill

Quote from: pate on October 06, 2015, 11:34:57 PM

The Dude abides!

ArJuna

I'm guessing there are a heck of a lot more Art Bell burger universes than not. ::)

WhiteCrow

Quote from: nbirnes on October 06, 2015, 11:36:49 PM

Ok thanks Nancy for clearing that up, completely understand Prof now....
Maybe tonight's guest is an example of a good reason to end affirmative action... ouch..  8)

Art Bell is now a cheese burger... With ketchup or mustard? Pickles too.

zeebo

Wouldn't the math behind multi-universes splitting off at the quantum level at each decision point involve just unfathomable numbers?  Like you'd get a googolplex after the first few seconds of time or something mad like that.

jazmunda

Quote from: pate on October 06, 2015, 11:34:57 PM

The Flying Spaghetti Monster is what I call my ..... Ah never mind.

ArJuna

Quote from: zeebo on October 06, 2015, 11:44:42 PM
Wouldn't the math behind multi-universes splitting off at the quantum level at each decision point involve just unfathomable numbers?  Like you'd get a googolplex after the first few seconds of time or something mad like that.

Yes, an infinite number of universes.  This allows for the possibility that each one of us has our own universe and with  it the possibility that we create EVERYTHING in it.

albrecht

Quote from: WhiteCrow on October 06, 2015, 11:43:11 PM
Ok thanks Nancy for clearing that up completely understand Prof now....
Maybe tonight's guest is an example of a good reason to end affirmative action... ouch..  8)
He is a good guy, for whatever reason, this show isn't as good as he is, or as Art usually is. But "it aint over yet" and this guy is not Obama; he got his position due to his hard work and studies, not affirmative action/white guilt voters.

pate

I imagine that some/most of the possible 'universes' would be unviable, for whatever reason...

SciFiAuthor

It would, but there's nothing in the multiverse idea that would present a barrier to unfathomable numbers.