• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

kingotnw

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 14, 2015, 04:02:09 PM
I would keep the Chase opening and the Crystal Gayle closing and Heather's choice in between. Art set up the show and passed it to Heather. She should be free to make the show her own and grow with it.

#HeatherWadeMatters

I 100% disagree. When I hear that opening or closing and it's not Art it makes me upset. If she keeps those, all she's doing is inviting comparison and reminding people she's not Art. She's going to lose every time doing that.

Quote from: kingotnw on December 14, 2015, 04:06:12 PM
No way the radio affiliates are going to keep her. That's just reality. Moving on from that. She probably has about a week to grab people who are tuning in with the hope that Art either changes his mind or just shows up on the show. It's not for me, but I wish her all the best. In any other circumstance I would be in her corner. In this one, I'm just praying Art changes his mind.

I think she has tonight's show. People make judgements very quickly. If there's any flubs tonight, it's over.

Meister_000

Did I understand Keith correctly the other day that, Monday and Tuesday this week it's Heather at regular Show Time, but, from-then-on she'll most likely get the 6pm to 9pm pacific slot?  Mon and Tues show times is all I need for the moment, but, . . .
Thanx

Claudius

Quote from: rekcuf on December 14, 2015, 04:10:11 PM
I think she has tonight's show. People make judgements very quickly. If there's any flubs tonight, it's over.
The show time has been pushed back don't forget.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Claudius on December 14, 2015, 04:11:26 PM
The show time has been pushed back don't forget.
Only if you moved to a more Western Eastern time zone. Where did you read that the time had changed?

Bradsmith313

Art has faith in her.

She's done great as a producer and booked some great talent.

I'm with Heather.

Screw the haters.

GravitySucks

Quote from: kingotnw on December 14, 2015, 04:08:01 PM
I 100% disagree. When I hear that opening or closing and it's not Art it makes me upset. If she keeps those, all she's doing is inviting comparison and reminding people she's not Art. She's going to lose every time doing that.
And if she doesn't keep it someone else will be just as upset.

It's her show. I hope she does what she feels is right.

henge0stone

I have to agree she sucks. If only she was overweight living off social security and doing random youtube videos with garbage in the background, then she might attract some fans. 

Claudius

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 14, 2015, 04:14:16 PM
Only if you moved to a more Western Eastern time zone. Where did you read that the time had changed?

QuoteHowever, seeing as I’m obligated to continue feeding the terrestrial affiliate stations for the next 30 days, I’ll need to feed either Heather’s live show or replays of Art Bell’s archives, (which ever they determine the best for them yet to be decided). If I need to feed the Art Bell replays to them at 9-12, Art’s time slot,  I will have Heather do MITD from 6-9 pm PT LIVE to insure she gets to do shows for you also. If the radio stations are fine with Heather filling in for Art, we’ll keep her at 9-12 PT.

So not yet but it is soon to happen I guess it what Keith was saying.

henge0stone

If Falkie really cared he would send her one of his box fans

Ciardelo

Quote from: Claudius on December 14, 2015, 04:24:25 PM
So not yet but it is soon to happen I guess it what Keith was saying.
Right. You answered a post about tonight's show--oh well. Yeah. It's a mess aint it? Even then he gave a definite maybe. This is how they killed Firefly you know.

morgana213

Quote from: cweb on December 14, 2015, 08:19:59 AM
Just a quick question- will artbell.com remain the show's website, or is a new domain name being worked on? I don't care either way, just want to know where to look for the guest announcements.

Right now, tonight's guest is listed on artbell.com, so I'll assume the status quo.

Tobias McGriff tonight, btw!
I like Tobias McGriff.  He's very interesting.  Break a leg Red!!

onan

Good luck tonight, Heather. If you need an incoherent caller to fill some time... well we have plenty here to help out.

zeebo

Quote from: onan on December 14, 2015, 05:19:29 PM
Good luck tonight, Heather. If you need an incoherent caller to fill some time... well we have plenty here to help out.

Yes several varieties are available - ranter, rambler, slurrer, etc. ... just let us know what you need.  Have a great show.

Robert

Quote from: kingotnw on December 14, 2015, 03:44:21 PMIf she intends to do the show, she needs to drop Art's music. All of it. Particularly the closing song. That's Art's song.
I agree w that last bit, because now it'd be not only inappropriate but chilling, because we'll associate it w the Bells' circumstance.

There's plenty of "midnight" songs besides Midnight Express.  Other radio shows have used "Midnight Special", but there's "Walking After Midnight", an instrumental piece I heard recently called "Eine Kleine Mitternacht Musik", "In the Middle of the Night", tons of others, but I'd just as soon they keep the opening music if for no other reason than to stick it in the eye of Noory; they could close w it too.

As to people asking why they think the threat will be extinguished now that Art's quit, that's simply because that was the demand he got on the phone in Nov., and the likely reason for the cable cut in Sept.  However, that's contradicted by Art's recent statement that he doesn't know if the threat is extinguished by that concession.

As to the reason for the threat, I consider my scenario of crazy guy who thinks something physically adverse is going on having to do w Art's ham rig & his presence in the studio to be more likely than that it has anything to do w the content of MITD.

Quote from: MV on December 14, 2015, 01:59:29 AM
This will be the thread for the show going forward. You guys can use it for live chat or general commentary.
All Hail "Sage" MV
Thanks Big Guy. :)

Quote from: Meister_000 on December 14, 2015, 04:11:21 PM
Did I understand Keith correctly the other day that, Monday and Tuesday this week it's Heather at regular Show Time, but, from-then-on she'll most likely get the 6pm to 9pm pacific slot?  Mon and Tues show times is all I need for the moment, but, . . .
Thanx
I think it all depends on the terrestrial stations. He really didn't explain how he wants to do it - by majority maybe ? Kind of looks like what the majority of the stations want. The only thing definite is that it's still up in the air.
Quotewhich ever they determine the best for them yet to be decided
I'm not much help, am I ? :(

Dr. MD MD

Anyone know what time the show starts tonight? There's been talk that it might start at 9 EST.

Meister_000

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on December 14, 2015, 07:19:52 PM
I think it all depends on the terrestrial stations. He really didn't explain how he wants to do it - by majority maybe ? Kind of looks like what the majority of the stations want. The only thing definite is that it's still up in the air. I'm not much help, am I ? :(

Thanks for trying. Everyone seems confused right now. Guess we'll all know in about 20 mins, @ 6pm pacific we'll see who's on.
Thanks

SaucyRossy

Quote from: transistor under my pillow on December 14, 2015, 08:31:29 AM
Heather,

Make it your own. Put your own spin on it. Have fun. Play any damn music you want. Move the show forward..

THIS. This is so important.

ACE of CLUBS

You'll do good Heather ..... relax and have fun. 
You're going to 'take a ride' ..... hang on .......  8)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: transistor under my pillow on December 14, 2015, 08:31:29 AM
Heather,

Make it your own. Put your own spin on it. Have fun. Play any damn music you want. Move the show forward.

You'll do great.

Still subscribed. Never left.

heather, the best advice i can give is that you should mention bellgab.com at the top and bottom of each hour. 

break a leg.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: MV on December 14, 2015, 08:53:28 PM

heather, the best advice i can give is that you should mention bellgab.com at the top and bottom of each hour. 

break a leg.

And have MV call in while he's riding his bike.

Heather Wade

Quote from: maureen on December 14, 2015, 07:38:53 PM
best wishes for you, Heather

Thank you, Maureen.  You have always been a good friend.