• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

um has Dick ever mentioned how he avoided serving during the Vietnam War? he's in the age group.

hahahahahahahah this song, THE PEN-TA-GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

GravitySucks

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on May 27, 2018, 11:31:08 PM
um has Dick ever mentioned how he avoided serving during the Vietnam War? he's in the age group.

It wasn’t an educational deferment.

BettyO417

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 27, 2018, 11:25:20 PM
My autographed print

Wow!! That is Awesome!! Love the way his paintings are textured. Allan expresses wonderfully through his art!. I personally love the one where he’s thrown his hands up toward the expanse of space. It’s titled “Is Anyone Out There”.  Maybe someday..... Thanks for sharing!

i'm sure 4-F and fraudulent, lots of guys figured out ways to make themselves unfit, Hoagie's the type to do that.

3 hours studying the paintings of an astronaut.  ::)

Is Bean taken seriously as an artist or just a talented amateur celebrity artist?

Hoegee

Tuned-in way late.  Has Bean ascended to become one of Hoagie's 'good friends'?

Hoegee

The small hands 'concrete wall' background is actually the lunar surface.  You can see the footprints.  It's not 'a pyramid'.  He used that footprint effect in almost all his paintings.

The hands are small because Bean was an enthusiastic amateur painter who got the perspective wrong. 

To hear these goofs larp as art critics is the most bizarre thing yet.

Hoegee

lol

Hoagie went berserk when one of the panel goofs observed there was a scratch on the lens that took the photograph of the 'lunar cathedral'.

Hoegee

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on May 27, 2018, 11:59:37 PM
3 hours studying the paintings of an astronaut.  ::)

Is Bean taken seriously as an artist or just a talented amateur celebrity artist?

'Mama Mars' equated him to Monet.

So I guess that makes him a talented amateur, at best.

Quote from: expat on May 28, 2018, 07:44:19 AM
Regarding the "blue blob"

Nobody can say with certainty what caused them...Ergo, we shall go with glass structures until otherwise...

expat

Quote from: AlternativeSide on May 28, 2018, 11:51:18 AM
Nobody can say with certainty what caused them...Ergo, we shall go with glass structures until otherwise...

After return to orbit??????

Hoagie's going to his grave with all his delusions and illusions of grandeur intact, he'll never debate anybody with real scientific bonafides because he knows he'd be humiliated and exposed not as a conman but as a sad old fool.

albrecht

Not RCH but an update on the story of another Richard Hoagland who ditch his family and was found decades later. Now he owes them big money.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/nationworld/ct-indiana-missing-man-ancestry-website-20180531-story.html

Morgus

Is Hoagie off again tonight?
Yep - its Kynthia filling in as guest host again...

lol is this live or a recording? either way it's unintentionally hilarious, Hoagie's 'producer' is hopeless, she seems to be trying to project some expertise in art, like Hoagie's self imagined expertise. most of her contributions are Hoagie-esque 'hmmmmmm' and 'mhmmmmmmm' and 'let's go to the next picture'. i feel bad for the guest, even though he's full of shit himself, as a guest you need an interviewer who is following along with your 'work'.

right now it's a Monty Python skit.

zeebo

Quote from: Morgus on June 02, 2018, 10:30:24 PM
Is Hoagie off again tonight?
Yep - its Kynthia filling in as guest host again...

Weak.  Hoagie IS the show.  I tried tuning in a couple weeks ago, and kept waiting for him to chime in.  I then realized belatedly it was one of these bogus Kynthia shows.  Trickery!

GravitySucks

Quote from: zeebo on June 02, 2018, 11:16:38 PM
Weak.  Hoagie IS the show.  I tried tuning in a couple weeks ago, and kept waiting for him to chime in.  I then realized belatedly it was one of these bogus Kynthia shows.  Trickery!

Does he have a stalker?

Hoegee

Whoops.  Thought it was a repeat.  Sounds like the show is going on as planned:  Morningstar again, this time about RFK, Jr.

EDIT:  LOL!  Morningstar kissed Hoagie's (sphincter) ring first thing!

Morgus

Yep, Hoagie managed to get on the air live tonight as the host with Robert Morningstar again.

Excellent commercial for Club 19.5 written and read by Hoagie masterfully, 'the most exclusive club in the world'. i fell for this when I was 6 when I sent Commander Dave $1.95 to become a member of the Commander Dave Junior Cadet Squadron which also was billed as 'the most exclusive club in the world'.

I guess it's not a total lie, Club 19.5 probably has 38 paying members, that's pretty exclusive.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on June 03, 2018, 11:11:40 PM
Excellent commercial for Club 19.5 written and read by Hoagie masterfully, 'the most exclusive club in the world'. i fell for this when I was 6 when I sent Commander Dave $1.95 to become a member of the Commander Dave Junior Cadet Squadron which also was billed as 'the most exclusive club in the world'.

I guess it's not a total lie, Club 19.5 probably has 38 paying members, that's pretty exclusive.

You were supposedly a "good friend" to Hoagie when you were alive. Wouldn't he just comp you if you asked nicely in a seance?

Hoegee

Hoagie (interrupting):  "We have to give people the interstitial glue or they're going to lose the story."

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Hoegee on June 03, 2018, 11:25:25 PM
Hoagie (interrupting):  "We have to give people the interstitial glue or they're going to lose the story."

I love him for statements like that! ;D

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 03, 2018, 11:14:58 PM
You were supposedly a "good friend" to Hoagie when you were alive. Wouldn't he just comp you if you asked nicely in a seance?

Complete hogwash. Yes I knew Dick Hoagland but we were never 'good friends'. He represented himself to CBS as something of an aeronautics expert with ties to NASA, our fault for not doing our due diligence. It was only later that we found out we had been had by the charlatan who it turned out was the curator of a children's museum in some small metropolis somewhere on the East Coast.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on June 03, 2018, 11:30:51 PM
Complete hogwash. Yes I knew Dick Hoagland but we were never 'good friends'. He represented himself to CBS as something of an aeronautics expert with ties to NASA, our fault for not doing our due diligence. It was only later that we found out we had been had by the charlatan who it turned out was the curator of a children's museum in some small metropolis somewhere on the East Coast.