• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

First World Problems

Started by jazmunda, December 18, 2014, 01:32:06 AM

Quote from: Treading Water on February 28, 2015, 08:44:37 AM
Pretty snow?  What's that?  :P

Well, when it's still white and fluffy. There's about a one hour window when it's still pretty. After that, it sucks.

Quote from: wr250 on February 28, 2015, 06:18:10 AM
are you going where the huskies go ?

I always go where the huskies go, I have a permanent supply of yellow snow  ;D. Pardon my thumb, not turning the phone around and the stuffed up nose voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKytd6wxSoU

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on February 28, 2015, 09:22:56 AM
Well, when it's still white and fluffy. There's about a one hour window when it's still pretty. After that, it sucks.

[attachimg=1]

I know somewhere, someone thinks this tree is pretty.  Not me.   :P

jazmunda

Quote from: Treading Water on March 06, 2015, 06:57:06 PM

Do I detect some yellow snow in the bottom right hand of that photo?

Oh dear. ;D

Quote from: Treading Water on March 06, 2015, 06:57:06 PM
[attachimg=1]

Erm......

As I was driving to work this morning after yet another snowstorm, I reflected on how brilliant white the snow was against the deep blue sky. Then I got over it.

Which leads me to my problem - my car doesn't have heated seats, just regular ones that are cold when it's 10 degrees. This is an outrage.

onan

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on March 06, 2015, 07:12:58 PM

Which leads me to my problem - my car doesn't have heated seats, just regular ones that are cold when it's 10 degrees. This is an outrage.

*sigh* It's a double edge sword. I have heated seats and sometimes they are too warm.

jazmunda

Quote from: onan on March 06, 2015, 07:17:22 PM
*sigh* It's a double edge sword. I have heated seats and sometimes they are too warm.

Try accidentally hitting that button during summer. Third degree burns on your butt is no day at the beach.

Quote from: jazmunda on March 06, 2015, 07:20:57 PM
Third degree burns on your butt is no day at the beach.
It is when I wear my man thong.

bateman

Quote from: onan on March 06, 2015, 07:17:22 PM

I had a Saab with one of these miraculous doohickeys

Too bad everything else imaginable went wrong with that car.

wr250

Quote from: jazmunda on March 06, 2015, 07:20:57 PM
Try accidentally hitting that button during summer. Third degree burns on your butt is no day at the beach.
try vinyl/leather  seats in the summer desert sun . oops forgot the window screen ...

jazmunda

Quote from: wr250 on March 07, 2015, 04:37:01 PM
try vinyl/leather  seats in the summer desert sun . oops forgot the window screen ...

That metal bit on the seat belt is a weapon of mass destruction during summer.

Speaking of seatbelts, I'm tired of all the crossbody ones crossing my neck. I can't help it if I'm not tall. I blame GM for the heightism.

cweb

Every device I play stupid Netflix on is doing that stuttering video thing. AGAIN.

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on March 07, 2015, 05:26:24 PM
Speaking of seatbelts, I'm tired of all the crossbody ones crossing my neck. I can't help it if I'm not tall. I blame GM for the heightism.

You mean it's not supposed to cross in front of your face to hold your head in place? 
(Fellow shorty) I have never seen the top shelf in any grocery store!  :(

I haven't seen the top shelf of a store in my entire life. I wonder if there's anything good up there. And why do grocery stores pile stuff up on the top shelves anyway, so someone can only gaze in frustration?

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on March 09, 2015, 12:52:10 PM
I haven't seen the top shelf of a store in my entire life. I wonder if there's anything good up there. And why do grocery stores pile stuff up on the top shelves anyway, so someone can only gaze in frustration?

It's such a pain in the ass that we have so much food that we have to pile it so high that a bunch of us can't even see it. 
My son is tall.  Every time he is with me in the store, he checks the top shelves, smiles to himself, and gives me a sideways glance with a smirk.
Little shithead.  ;)

Quote from: Treading Water on March 09, 2015, 01:00:26 PM
It's such a pain in the ass that we have so much food that we have to pile it so high that a bunch of us can't even see it. 
My son is tall.  Every time he is with me in the store, he checks the top shelves, smiles to himself, and gives me a sideways glance with a smirk.
Little shithead.  ;)

Ah, we have much in common!  ;)

I now regret not putting my kid's blocks on the top shelf of the toy rack.  ;D

cweb

This old game from 1999 keeps crashing on my 64-bit Windows distro. The game was free, too.

wr250

i ran out of green yarn for MV's kleenex cozy

Heather Wade

I have to watch season 1 and season 2 of House of Cards so season 3 makes sense. 

Quote from: wr250 on March 09, 2015, 07:53:58 PM
i ran out of green yarn for MV's kleenex cozy

The worst part is now MV knows you are making him a St. Patrick's Day kleenex cozy. 
I'll hook you up with more green yarn though.   ;)

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on March 09, 2015, 12:52:10 PM
That's where the expression "top shelf" comes from - goods that are only relevant to adequately vertical people like myself.  Things like money clips, properly distilled alcohol, extra large condoms, that kind of thing. 

http://youtu.be/1NvgLkuEtkA

cweb

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on March 09, 2015, 08:28:57 PM
That's where the expression "top shelf" comes from - goods that are only relevant to adequately vertical people like myself.  Things like money clips, properly distilled alcohol, extra large condoms, that kind of thing. 

http://youtu.be/1NvgLkuEtkA
Great. Now I want to watch the Little Rascals movie from the 90s. Except I don't.  :-\

Every thing about student loans. From the nonstop emails, instance I pay 100,000 immediately, haggling with reps on the phone, etc.

Fuck I hate student loans.

eyenoeyeno

Quote from: (Redacted) on March 09, 2015, 08:14:09 PM
I have to watch season 1 and season 2 of House of Cards so season 3 makes sense. 

at least it doesn't have 500 episodes per season like it's predecessor The West Wing,
I've been trying to finish season 1 for a couple months now.

Heather Wade

Quote from: eyenoeyeno on March 24, 2015, 09:43:24 PM
at least it doesn't have 500 episodes per season like it's predecessor The West Wing,
I've been trying to finish season 1 for a couple months now.

Don't know how we're living through such hardships.  I'll be here if you need support.   ;)

aldousburbank

Quote from: (Redacted) on March 24, 2015, 09:52:19 PM
Don't know how we're living through such hardships.  I'll be here if you need support.   ;)
It's my fault. I loaned her my complete seven season collection. Happy pancakes!

Heather Wade

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 24, 2015, 09:59:34 PM
It's my fault. I loaned her my complete seven season collection. Happy pancakes!

I'll bring some bacon to go with the Happy Pancake West Wing party.  But, damn, dude, I never knew you were such a first world problem stirrer.  Well done!

Now, off to the self-checkout to get that bacon.  Pray I survive.

eyenoeyeno

Quote from: (Redacted) on March 24, 2015, 10:41:28 PM
I'll bring some bacon to go with the Happy Pancake West Wing party.  But, damn, dude, I never knew you were such a first world problem stirrer.  Well done!

Now, off to the self-checkout to get that bacon.  Pray I survive.

Ughh. I used to love self check. It's great for human avoidance as well as a quick getaway with the essentials if you suddenly need to abandon cart due your toddler screaming because they didn't get the only police car cart, and they saw another happy kid happily pretending to steer it through the isles.

My last experience not so good. I bring my own bag, I hit the " I brought my own bag" button and proceed as usual.   But, waaait! I am 3 items over what I can fit in my stuffed to the brim 2 large shopping bags I brought with me.
And I realize the horror,  plastic bags are banned, and paper bags cost 10 cents.  I can't just grab one. I have to ask for assistance if I want an extra bag. This is why I use self check, I can't fucking talk to people! Are you JOKING Me??!?

also I can no longer buy my wine in self check.  This blows the most balls of all.

eyenoeyeno

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 24, 2015, 09:59:34 PM

Pancakes,  yes.