• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

MST3K and RiffTrax

Started by ItsOver, July 12, 2014, 11:09:58 AM

Mission patches revealed, designed by famous Zootopia artist, Marty Baumann.

Each patch shows how many episodes that host made.  Joel said the new guy has been a little cocky and had to be put in his place.

Damn straight, newbie.

According to a recent update by Joel, due to the large positive response to the MST3K Kickstarter, some "suits" / "networks" have already expressed interest in continuing MST3K past the 2016 season made possible by the pledges.

What this means is, there is a chance MST3K will be professionally picked up, no matter if 6, 9, or 12 episodes result from the fund raising.

Assuming the revival is well received, then MST3K could very well be back for REAL, for several seasons, and not limited to the new 2016 episodes.   

Joel said a couple or more of the crew are choosing not to be involved in the revival, due to other projects and/or other reasons.  He said he hopes they will change their minds and he reiterated the door will always be open later if they do decide to join.

To me, this means that the eventual return of Trace and Frank, etc as writers/guest hosts is all but certain, given the above facts.

Apparently, the suits/networks made contact with Joel after the record breaking $3.3M was achieved.

Current pledges come to $3.8M with six Kickstarter days remaining.

At this point, $5.5M (12 new episodes) seems unlikely, while $4.4M (9 new episodes) seems very likely.

This calls for some serious celebrating when the campaign is finished. 

Not Bon Scott level of celebrating, but intense all the same.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on December 05, 2015, 10:38:24 PM
According to a recent update by Joel, due to the large positive response to the MST3K Kickstarter, some "suits" / "networks" have already expressed interest in continuing MST3K past the 2016 season made possible by the pledges.

What this means is, there is a chance MST3K will be professionally picked up, no matter if 6, 9, or 12 episodes result from the fund raising.

Assuming the revival is well received, then MST3K could very well be back for REAL, for several seasons, and not limited to the new 2016 episodes.   

Joel said a couple or more of the crew are choosing not to be involved in the revival, due to other projects and/or other reasons.  He said he hopes they will change their minds and he reiterated the door will always be open later if they do decide to join.

To me, this means that the eventual return of Trace and Frank, etc as writers/guest hosts is all but certain, given the above facts.

Apparently, the suits/networks made contact with Joel after the record breaking $3.3M was achieved.

Current pledges come to $3.8M with six Kickstarter days remaining.

At this point, $5.5M (12 new episodes) seems unlikely, while $4.4M (9 new episodes) seems very likely.

The news just keeps getting better!  Thanks for all the updates, Batgod!

QuoteThis calls for some serious celebrating when the campaign is finished. 

Not Bon Scott level of celebrating, but intense all the same.

Bon Scott level would be crazy, but I expect my liver will grow three sizes that day!

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on December 05, 2015, 11:06:52 PM
The news just keeps getting better!  Thanks for all the updates, Batgod!

Bon Scott level would be crazy, but I expect my liver will grow three sizes that day!

I'm on the Highway to Whoville
Highway to Who!
I'm on the Highway to Whoville...
Highway to ... Who! 

You!

Owwwwwwwww!

Highway to Whoville...
Highway to Who....

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on December 05, 2015, 11:18:54 PM
I'm on the Highway to Whoville
Highway to Who!
I'm on the Highway to Whoville...
Highway to ... Who! 

You!

Owwwwwwwww!

Highway to Whoville...
Highway to Who....

;D. Rock on!

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on December 05, 2015, 10:38:24 PM
This is such sweet news, and in such bitter times.  Thank you.  Even though I don't have a tv, it's downright exhilarating to contemplate countless thousands of MSTies, gathered 'round the telly, laughing and snarking along joyfully.

Lord Grantham

MST3K was the first show that I ever saw on cable TV. I was in kindergarten and took the day off school to see it get hooked up. I've been a fan ever since.

So yes, I made a donation.

ItsOver

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on December 05, 2015, 04:16:44 AM
Mission patches revealed, designed by famous Zootopia artist, Marty Baumann.

Each patch shows how many episodes that host made.  Joel said the new guy has been a little cocky and had to be put in his place.

Damn straight, newbie.
Hmmm.  Teach those newbies a thing or two.  Use a hammer, if necessary, Joel. 

Including outside funding, the MST3K revival campaign has reached $4.2M.

In a form of self-sacrifice, if $5.5M is reached by the end of the event on Dec 11, 2015, I am suspending my current job obligations, closing down this identity, and disappearing...

... to go work on the new show.

If this comes to pass, then like any Fool, I'm going to need a knapsack on a sturdy stick.

Keep circulating the URL
www.bringbackmst3k.com

Three days left to raise 1.3 million?!  OK, let's go!

Quote from: Étouffée on December 06, 2015, 12:35:09 AM
This is such sweet news, and in such bitter times.  Thank you.  Even though I don't have a tv, it's downright exhilarating to contemplate countless thousands of MSTies, gathered 'round the telly, laughing and snarking along joyfully.

I think it's going to be a great and beneficial monster, this transferring the dynamic to another generation. 

I also agree, it's something positive to think about while we are surrounded by all the instability.

While Kickstarter and the outside additional funding doesn't reflect it yet, my source has verified that the $4.4M point in the funding has been met.

This guarantees NINE new MST3K episodes.

Number 9.  Number 9.  Number 9.  Number 9.

One should remember, that Mystery Science Theater 3000 Season 7 comprised but six episodes.

This is so HUGE.

A note to any of the expert MST3K fanboys who may visit this site in the future and proclaimed we would achieve only 3 or 6 episodes: I hope you enjoyed that metallic gold flake paint as you ate Crow.

You godless heretic.

:)

At this point in the funding, which ends 10 PM PST, Dec 11,  2015, the amount of PEOPLE pledging is just as important as the amount being pledged.  If you're on the fence about Kickstarter (and there's no doubt it is a strange new way to get things done) consider donating ANYTHING.  Just $1.00 makes a statement worth "unlimited potential of fan interest" at this point.

The higher the headcount, the more attractive the project will be to a future network considering picking up the show.

So if you were avoiding the madness because you didn't want to throw down $35 or whatever, come on in and throw down a single dollar bill.

It's a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig tent and the thought/intent truly does count.

Keep circulating the URL
www.bringbackmst3k.com

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on December 08, 2015, 07:52:08 PM
At this point in the funding, which ends 10 PM PST, Dec 11,  2015, the amount of PEOPLE pledging is just as important as the amount being pledged...So if you were avoiding the madness because you didn't want to throw down $35 or whatever, come on in and throw down a single dollar bill.
Preach it, Brother!  Or, as the late Dr. Gene Scott would say: "You OWE me for the teaching I've done.  Pick up the phone!!!"

(Keep circulating the URL
www.bringbackmst3k.com)

Quote from: Étouffée on December 08, 2015, 10:36:42 PM
Preach it, Brother!  Or, as the late Dr. Gene Scott would say: "You OWE me for the teaching I've done.  Pick up the phone!!!"

(Keep circulating the URL
www.bringbackmst3k.com)

"Tonight, I'm going to be talking about this book, Holy Blood, Holy Grail."

"Tonight, I'm going to be talking about the Great Pyramid."

But then there were those extra special surreal nights wherein he would protest the lack of offerings and order the camera to focus on his empty chair.

It was like watching lost footage straight out of The Prisoner.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on December 08, 2015, 11:23:31 PM
"Tonight, I'm going to be talking about this book, Holy Blood, Holy Grail."

"Tonight, I'm going to be talking about the Great Pyramid."

But then there were those extra special surreal nights wherein he would protest the lack of offerings and order the camera to focus on his empty chair.

It was like watching lost footage straight out of The Prisoner.
I remember him huckstering the shit out of satellite dishes: "Just hang it out your window!!!"

Quote from: Étouffée on December 08, 2015, 10:36:42 PM

There's a name I haven't heard for years, and it has rekindled my long dormant urge to kill a pissant for Jesus!

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on December 09, 2015, 01:24:33 PM
There's a name I haven't heard for years, and it has rekindled my long dormant urge to kill a pissant for Jesus!

There Dr. Scott would be, sometimes giving off a certain Hank Williams Jr. presence, almost as if to say, "Are your ready for some Monday Night Bloody Crusades!?"

The MST3Kickstarter megabeastie is up to $4.8M...

Today, we found out about several famous personalities who will most likely have cameo roles in the new season.

Seinfeld and Mark Hamil stood out the most for me.

Please don't let all of this be a dream.

Keep circulating the URL
www.bringbackmst3k.com

ItsOver

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on December 10, 2015, 04:58:42 PM
The MST3Kickstarter megabeastie is up to $4.8M...

Today, we found out about several famous personalities who will most likely have cameo roles in the new season.

Seinfeld and Mark Hamil stood out the most for me.

Please don't let all of this be a dream.

Keep circulating the URL
www.bringbackmst3k.com

Damn.  This is almost as good as hearing Art Bell is coming back.

Quote from: ItsOver on December 10, 2015, 05:20:43 PM
Damn.  This is almost as good as hearing Art Bell is coming back.

Things are getting very strange, very fast, but in a good way.  (like a fun date with an expressive redhead.)

A full cameo list is available at the site:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mst3k/bringbackmst3k

He then goes on to say that the list isn't even complete and he wants to get some famous females to balance it out.

I knew the revival was going to be big, but right now, I'm questioning my place in the Matrix.

Is any of this real? Did I really used to buy an awesome pizza at P _______ P_______'s, or was it just good "old world Italian" coding? Is Cuba really opening up so I can easily go hang out at Ernest Hemingway's Cuban estate? Is the hysteria over marijuana really going away? Are those fuckers at SeaWorld going to phase out the Orca shows?

MST3Kickstarter Pledges have jumped to $4.98M.

Five million + some change looks certain now.

I doubt 500K can be raised by tomorrow night, but I'm getting my stick and knapsack ready, writing out notification letters to cancel  live job assignments, and initiating identity self-destruct simmer mode. Just in case.

I haven't hitchhiked in a long time.

I had hoped it would approach $5.5M, but surely 500K cannot possibly be raised tomorrow, the final day of the campaign?

However it turns out, I think we're looking at more than 9 episodes, since $4.4M will be so soundly exceeded.

I know Joel wanted 12 episodes, but 10 or 11 makes the Matrix shimmer all the same.

If the universe could be created in seven days,
surely Joel can raise $500,000.00 in one.

I believe.

Quote from: Étouffée on December 10, 2015, 11:47:57 PM
If the universe could be created in seven days,
surely Joel can raise $500,000.00 in one.

I believe.

That sounds reasonable!  In fact, it would be a lovely gesture on the part of all the obscenely wealthy celebrities who are signing on for front row seats on the SOL bandwagon now that the return is a done deal and the sky is beckoning, covered that last $500k out of the goodness of their hearts.  If they split that up between them, it would just be pocket change.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on December 10, 2015, 10:03:46 PM

I doubt 500K can be raised by tomorrow night, but I'm getting my stick and knapsack ready, writing out notification letters to cancel  live job assignments, and initiating identity self-destruct simmer mode. Just in case.

I haven't hitchhiked in a long time.

Call me a cock-eyed optimist, but I have a good feeling that any shortfall in the Kickstarter campaign will be picked up by one or more rich and famous wannabe MST3K guest stars.  They knoe who they are.

So pack your bindle and prepare to hit the open road.  I have every confidence you'll endeavor to persevere, and if I was twenty years younger I would join you!

A lovely gesture indeed.  So many fans have pledged disposable income that I am positive was not fully disposable. That's an insane kind of loyalty that really deserves to be met with a dozen episodes.  Hell, a baker's dozen!

And as you pointed out, the amount of money needed to reach $5.5M, compared to some of the purses of the soon to be involved celebrities, is absolutely minuscule.

On some fan boards, they are calling for Joel to put in the difference, but that puts him in a weird position if you ask me.

Now, I can see Oswalt watching the count down, and if it was short of the goal, saying, "Fuck it, PUSH THE BUTTON" to achieve the 5.5.

Oh, and thanks for dropping the "bindle" word. It was eluding me.  ;)

If I am forced to create Cam's Bindle Kickstarter to finance my "walk in the dreamtime to go work on the MST3K Revival," it is critical that I use the correct terminology:

$1.00  First level reward: Hobo token

$5.00 Second level reward: Hobo hat

$750.00 Third level reward: A double-sided full color theatrical poster printed on museum quality archival paper, picturing on side one a hobo wearing a hat and broadcasting hobo tokens from a moving train.  Beautiful!  Looks like a giant tarot card! Illustration on side two is a surprise, but I guarantee you will love it! Comes with authentic bindle!  You supply the stick!  (Also includes rewards from 1st & 2nd level.  Shipping extra.)

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on December 11, 2015, 12:12:15 AM
That sounds reasonable!  In fact, it would be a lovely gesture on the part of all the obscenely wealthy celebrities who are signing on for front row seats on the SOL bandwagon now that the return is a done deal and the sky is beckoning, covered that last $500k out of the goodness of their hearts.  If they split that up between them, it would just be pocket change.

Joel is the one guy who most likely doesn't have $500k to spare for the campaign, and it's an insult to suggest that he should pay up after all his hard work and dedication that made the return of MST3K possible.  The people who are calling for that should be ashamed of themselves.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on December 11, 2015, 12:37:22 AM
A lovely gesture indeed.  So many fans have pledged disposable income that I am positive was not fully disposable. That's an insane kind of loyalty that really deserves to be met with a dozen episodes.  Hell, a baker's dozen!

And as you pointed out, the amount of money needed to reach $5.5M, compared to some of the purses of the soon to be involved celebrities, is absolutely minuscule.

Now, I can see Oswalt watching the count down, and if it was short of the goal, saying, "Fuck it, PUSH THE BUTTON" to achieve the 5.5.

Oh, and thanks for dropping the "bindle" word. It was eluding me.

If I am forced to create Cam's Bindle Kickstarter to finance my "walk in the dreamtime," I need to use the correct terminology:

$1.00  First level reward: Hobo token

$2.00 Second level reward: Hobo hat

$750.00 Third level reward: A double-sided full color theatrical poster printed on museum quality archival paper, picturing on side one a hobo wearing a hat and broadcasting hobo tokens from a moving train.  Beautiful!  Looks like a giant tarot card! Illustration on side two is a surprise, but I guarantee you will love it! Comes with authentic bindle!  You supply the stick!  (Also includes rewards from 1st & 2nd level.  Shipping extra.)

Even people who aren't insane couldn't resist that offer, and they would pay even more if you threw in  a pulsating, five-d, life-sized holo-poster of this odd,  but undeniably alluring, picture (rumored to be an outtake from "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians," deemed unsuitable for younger audiences) that a search for "bindlestiff" turned up. 

Here it is--
Day 30
The Final Sacrifice!

Contemplating bindle material.  A flashy Chinese-red handkerchief framing a bright "grasshopper green" Shaolin dragon?  A subtle reminder of how many railroad tracks were fastened across this great land by Chinese immigrants? (The double-railed Great Wall of China Flatland?)

I have ruled out white polka-dotted black material, though that would earn some interesting double-takes if I but resembled Randy Rhoads.  Rhoads brings to mind train imagery as well.  Crazy.

Or maybe a burnt orange - evoking the scrotal sack of Horus - as I ride the rails?

I have much to think about ... many textiles to consider ... train schedules to download to the mobile phone.