• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

mib12890

Well, I would think if the person you were asking about Art truly had no info, or had not even heard of what is going on they would say so.  The fact that she actually said she has info, and no comment mean something may just be going on.

HAL 9000

Quote from: Fort Rock on December 30, 2010, 04:19:38 PMSomething is going on, and we're facing I think a serious information blackout, as in something is going on right now they cannot talk or comment, for fear of blah blah blah...

You seen to be obsessing a bit - perhaps you didn't read my post(s) from just over a week ago. Just because some of the people you've spoken with or tried to reach have not given YOU information, does not mean that they have not spoken or contacted me - because in fact, they did. End of story Noory.

minnehan

Lots of postings here recently are written like riddles.  Is there ANYONE here that REALLY knows something specific about this situation, or is everything here pure speculation?

The General

Quote from: minnehan on December 30, 2010, 05:45:17 PM
Lots of postings here recently are written like riddles.  Is there ANYONE here that REALLY knows something specific about this situation, or is everything here pure speculation?

So far, it's a circle lurk. 

Mass specubation.

Queen

This is all after Art officaly retired back in 2007.  All this speculation. I can't even begin to think what this forum would have been like back in october of 1998 when he just abruptly left the air. Man. lol this is kinda fun tho speculating lol.

EvZe

Quotemy source has told me that all affiliates have demanded and recieved an "out", if Art returns to the air with his own competitor show, they can drop George Noory's version of Coast with just one week's warning

Sorry, but this doesn't sound the least bit believable. I know everyone here is a C2CAM fan and so forth, but it seems rather incredible 600+ PDs have all made multi-year contingency plans about their - in some cases (in EST) - 2AM to 6AM time-slot. No offense, bro, but if your source is a retired U.S. Army major whose name rhymes with "Ted James" you may want to think twice about how much stock you put in him ...

Besides, since C2CAM is sold on barter I'd assume anyone could drop it on one week - or one day's - warning anyway, and for any reason? Maybe not, that's pure speculation ...

AthenaDelphi

Quote from: ArtBellFan on December 28, 2010, 04:36:11 PM
There is another dynamic here, this is contract time and it may be that Art and Clear Channel could not come to an agreement, or I should say maybe CC wouldn't give Art what he wants.

There is a great picture of Art with his wife and child and its dated 12/25/2010 and Art looks just fine so I look at that webpage and I'm thinking that something is definitely up - especially with George going completely End Times (and yes, I did notice this as George progressed over the years) and so most of his shows are kind of the same old same old. The web page and please don't crash it so it melts Art's servers is:
http://www.usadigitalmedia.com/Coast/bellcam.htm

And yes, even as Executive Producer you can get shoved aside, especially if you're outside the country, doing other things, etc. etc. Its a title and you make it a position of power if you take the reigns of power but if you let it slide the c2c content and direction go the way the main person wants it to.

AthenaDelphi

Quote from: Fort Rock on December 30, 2010, 04:19:38 PM
I just got off the telephone with someone who would be in the know. As many here remember Art talking about a Pahrump friend of his named Karen.  Karen Jackson is the lady Art sold KNYE-FM to, before he left to Manila. I had a very short conversation to ask her about the situation, and I got the distinct impression she knows plenty, and isn't talking. I got a major media "I've got some information, but no comment at this time" type of response. She was also very shut down on saying anything more than "no" with the above attitude. Top this off with the inability to get an email response from Whitley or Ann Strieber within a 24-hour period, when I've never had this problem before regardless of time of year, also I've tried a couple more times to reach Alan Corbeth without luck. Something is going on, and we're facing I think a serious information blackout, as in something is going on right now they cannot talk or comment, for fear of tipping off the Coast Production Office. Also as to the affiliate contract issue, my source has told me that all affiliates have demanded and recieved an "out", if Art returns to the air with his own competitor show, they can drop George Noory's version of Coast with just one week's warning!  I think George is facing a major nightmare, THAT'S my Ian Punnett prediction for 2011! But I don't think they'd let that one on the air, do you suppose?

What got me started was going to c2c to find out when art would be on with his predictions and I find that its Ian. Ian??? Does he have the LIST from last year? Then I went to wiki and way down in the bottom of the article on Art were the footnotes and I found the link to art's webcam and there's a picture of him, his wife, and his child dated 12/25/2010 and he looks in fine health. His family looks happy. So then I go back to the footnotes and find THIS GREAT CHAT ROOM! Hellooooooooooooooo. I'm so happy to have registered and found out that maybe - just maybe - Art isn't gone. I've lost my dad in 2002, when he died, I had my mom listen to c2c and that's when George took over and she never really got to know Art, she knew George, and then mom passed away in 2006, but I always paid the $10 or whatever so I could download the Art shows where he hosted live during the year. Then this year he only did 5 shows and that last one was pre-screened? Art never pre-screens his calls. I thought that was strange. But I'm just glad to be here amongst those who love Art Bell, his show, his career, his voice through the night. I'm 44. Happy New Year.

http://www.usadigitalmedia.com/Coast/bellcam.htm

Queen

Quote from: AthenaDelphi on December 30, 2010, 08:22:56 PM
Then this year he only did 5 shows and that last one was pre-screened? Art never pre-screens his calls. I thought that was strange.

Art's call's have all been screened since he started doing shows from Manila. Its because of where he lives and some technical issues is what the offical word has been over the years.  :-/ :-\

I like Karen Jackson, I've dipped into the KNYE from time to time to hear their local programming and Karen Jackson is a pretty good radio personality. Personally I love to speculate on this from the outside but I'm willing to just wait and see what happens. It seems kind of intrusive with how much effort people are putting into solving this mystery across the various Coast forums (well here and the dwindled numbers on FF) Whatever Art decides to do will make me happy because Art's life and business is his own and he's certainly provided me with years of thought provoking entertainment.

That said, I'd love nothing more if Art came back and slapped the taste out of Fumbles' mouth.

coastfan

NIN- I seem to recall Art specifically stating multiple times on his predictions shows last year that he was taking unscreened calls. I think he's done unscreened calls on other shows from Manila, too. However, I also recall very cleary Art doing a show from the Phillipines with screened calls, due to technical problems, in his explanation.

minnehan

After listening to Rob Simone and John Wells the last couple of nights, you can tell just how bad George Norry is.  No contest if Art returns somewhere... if I was George, I'd be worried.

Should be interesting to hear Ian do the prediction shows and see how he handles comments from listeners missing Art.  I can see him melting down after the twentieth comment or so, lol.

awguy

Quote from: mib12890 on December 30, 2010, 04:34:24 PM
So if you think Art is collaborating with these people in some way to create a new radio program, do you think he will move back to Pahrump or stay in Manila? I'm sure he still has all of his satelllite uplink/studio equipment at his house, so he wouldn't have to fool with setting all of that up again.

Yes he would. I would imagine the equipment that Art has in Manila is owned by premiere, they would be taking it back... if they haven't already. I don't see Art coming out of retirement to do a full time show again. On a good day, the connection from Manila drops out at least once, so he'd have to come back to the US to do it. And even then, the guy is 65 years old. Most people are retired by that age, or at least seriously considering it. I'd love to see Art come back, but it's not happening.

Marc.Knight

I love the original byline.  Now it is "The Big Voice of the Valley."

Queen

Quote from: coastfan on December 30, 2010, 09:14:32 PM
NIN- I seem to recall Art specifically stating multiple times on his predictions shows last year that he was taking unscreened calls. I think he's done unscreened calls on other shows from Manila, too. However, I also recall very cleary Art doing a show from the Phillipines with screened calls, due to technical problems, in his explanation.

I don't recall this. You may be right, I just dont recall that. *hint hint mike * lol

Queen

Maybe Art is in Pahrump getting ready to sign over any (if any) power that he has left for Coast to Coast to George. :-/ :-\

minnehan

Quote from: NIN on December 30, 2010, 10:12:16 PM
Maybe Art is in Pahrump getting ready to sign over any (if any) power that he has left for Coast to Coast to George. :-/ :-\

Why would Art "sign over" power to Norry?  The air waves belong to Art, and we are just waiting for him to reclaim what is rightfully his! 

Queen

Why wouldnt he? Hes in manila with a new life.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvZe on December 30, 2010, 07:41:22 PM
Sorry, but this doesn't sound the least bit believable. I know everyone here is a C2CAM fan and so forth, but it seems rather incredible 600+ PDs have all made multi-year contingency plans about their - in some cases (in EST) - 2AM to 6AM time-slot. No offense, bro, but if your source is a retired U.S. Army major whose name rhymes with "Ted James" you may want to think twice about how much stock you put in him ...

Besides, since C2CAM is sold on barter I'd assume anyone could drop it on one week - or one day's - warning anyway, and for any reason? Maybe not, that's pure speculation ...
a voice of reason.

HAL 9000

<---===Two words===--->

Oy Vey!

FortRock

All I'll say is this was the dullest, most bland predictions first show I have ever heard! Ian Punnett has probably made a 1000 points as to why Art is coming back. Art must have been laughing his head off, or crying at the inept performance he's heard! They need to make a Gilligan's Island remake with George Noory as the Skipper, and Ian Punnett as Gilligan, oh and Richard C. Hoagland as the Professor, Linda Moulton Howe as Mary Ann, Gerald Celente as Thurston Howell III, we're short Ginger Grant, and Lovey Howell! This was the deal maker for affiliates as to why they NEED Art Bell!

Merchant Gal

On this New Years Eve afternoon, I am remembering how Art had relocated to Manila, had  been broadcasting from there, and then one day: BOOM, he went on-air and said "from the Great American Southwest" and we all fell out of our chairs or beds and hung on every word after that.

Art and family were back in Pahrump, covertly as it were, and no one knew it ahead of time and he dropped no clues to any of us.  The point being, Art does Not "talk about it" ahead of time, he JUST  DOES  IT and then tells everyone else.

I believe that this New Year 2011 will bring another *Art Just Does It*.   HOW we all will find out about it this time, is The Big Mystery.    Happy New Year to one and all on COASTGAB.

minnehan

Quote from: Fort Rock on December 31, 2010, 02:32:01 PM
All I'll say is this was the dullest, most bland predictions first show I have ever heard! Ian Punnett has probably made a 1000 points as to why Art is coming back. Art must have been laughing his head off, or crying at the inept performance he's heard! They need to make a Gilligan's Island remake with George Noory as the Skipper, and Ian Punnett as Gilligan, oh and Richard C. Hoagland as the Professor, Linda Moulton Howe as Mary Ann, Gerald Celente as Thurston Howell III, we're short Ginger Grant, and Lovey Howell! This was the deal maker for affiliates as to why they NEED Art Bell!

I totally totally agree!  What a terrible prediction show Ian did!  It was BAD.

IAmAHypnotist

Re: Art Bell Quits Coast
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2010, 01:19:00 AM »
Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on December 23, 2010, 12:36:27 AM
I love how all the contacts are so shadowy.  None of them can ever be named!  Art Bell doesn't have friends...

I assumed most people would innately understand, but apparently I have to use a parable - so I'll give it a try.

We could probably agree that Art Bell has millions of fans - fans who would also naturally be interested if Art were no longer associated with C2C ...

Art, is that you?

Just kidding.

How do you know my father?

IAmAHypnotist

How about we trade George and Art for Ian and John B?

IAmAHypnotist

Art has left "forever," how many times now?

minnehan

Quote from: IAmAHypnotist on December 31, 2010, 10:32:10 PM
Re: Art Bell Quits Coast
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2010, 01:19:00 AM »
Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on December 23, 2010, 12:36:27 AM
I love how all the contacts are so shadowy.  None of them can ever be named!  Art Bell doesn't have friends...

I assumed most people would innately understand, but apparently I have to use a parable - so I'll give it a try.

We could probably agree that Art Bell has millions of fans - fans who would also naturally be interested if Art were no longer associated with C2C ...

Art, is that you?

Just kidding.

How do you know my father?

More riddles.  Sigh.

mib12890

I wish Art would let us know something of his future plans soon.  Weird not hearing him this time of year.

ArtBellFan

If and when Art posts on Fantastic Forum will let everyone know, he requested his password about a week ago and I sent him instructions on how to get a new one...he never remembers his password.  So far he hasn't posted, maybe he changed his mind or could be traveling, who knows.  When something like this happens he has always posted in the past.

The fact is we may hear nothing, not holding my breath.