A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

VtaGeezer

Intelligence has no bearing on character. Wells arrived at C2C on a wave of fringe political detritus and virulence.  If Timothy McVeigh were alive, he would be a faithful Wells listener from his cell in solitary .I see Wells' topic tonight is the decline of America. That will be redundant.

Quote from: UFO Fill on January 12, 2013, 03:24:04 PM
Is what Wells said any different than what all the 911-Truthers said who sNoory had on soon after he took over?  They're all nuts.

Oh, absolutely. But there's something about using those little kids' deaths as a talking point in his conspiracy theories that turns my stomach.

Ian once had a very good show with both sides of the 9/11 issue debating each other. I especially appreciated it because there was a counterbalance to the Truthers, which is rare on C2C when it comes to conspiracy or quack cures.

EnterDragon

Quote from: stevesh on January 10, 2013, 09:02:32 AM

That's what he said. Wells is a member of that conspiracy-driven group who think that all tragedies involving guns (and some that don't, like 9/11) are false-flag government operations designed to drum up anti-gun sentiment.

Well's is a dimwit. If Wells had half a brain he'd consider the possibility that the gov't are taking advantage of real tragedies in order to influence their political agenda. Why would he think they're automatically false flag?

I think it's weird that John just said that Art always would say "something's going on"? I don't remember Art saying that, like Noory does. Maybe I'm bias.

What a depressing week of shows.

Quote from: PortlandDangler on January 13, 2013, 12:45:00 AM
I think it's weird that John just said that Art always would say "something's going on"? I don't remember Art saying that, like Noory does. Maybe I'm bias.

Maybe this is the first step in the world forgetting George Noory was ever on the air

Doomed

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on January 12, 2013, 08:18:10 AM
What exactly do you mean by his political mean?
Lean, mean, in this case its all the same. As many here have pointed out, his views are dangerous, and he always leans towards the 'gov'ment gonna get me' view. The remark involving Sandy Hook are but one of many that pissed me off. I dont listen to C2C for the express purpose of getting angry. Like I said, when Wells is on a subject that doesnt tout government takeover, he does okay. Get him on with a guest who is live from a bunker, I'm done.

valdez

Wells raps up the week with Gary Ridenour on the flu, David Seaman on the suicide of Reddit founder, Aaron Swartz (I didn't now what Reddit was, I checked out the site, I still don't know), and Larry Kelly on the fall of civilizations.  Kelly's focus seemed to be on our inability to deal with and understand the Islamic threat before us, as well as the true economic cliff we face. Ever notice how when you're driving down the road late at night listening to coast when somebody else is hosting and suddenly Noory's voice comes on endorsing something and you just want to steer the vehicle into the river?  Egads.

Juan

Larry Kelley

After listening to a week of Wells, I believe those of you who think he's an idiot are incorrect.  He seems to be quite bright.  That said, I wish he didn't do all this doom and gloom stuff.  I hear enough of that in the daytime, and always turned to Coast for something different.
I'm seeing folks on all sides of the political spectrum dismiss arguments they don't agree with simply by saying the person is stupid.  That's simply a way to dismiss an argument without addressing the issues.

But Coast, at least in my mind, is not really a conspiracy show.  It is a show that is making intelligent fun of conspiracies in many cases (when Art or Ian host).  The primary key to a good Coast show, is an extremely open interviewer who takes no position on the content.  Wells takes positions and advocates for them as does George.

expat

Quote from: UnscreenedCaller on January 12, 2013, 02:42:35 PM
What happened at Sandy Hook was bad enough on its own as the result of a mentally ill person going on a rampage killing little kids, but to ascribe it to off the wall paranoid conspiracies is where I part company with his show.

Yes, folks, there's worse. Mike Bara, former co-author of RCH and 4-time C2C guest, used the death of those kids to promote his damn-awful book 'The Choice'.

http://mikebara.blogspot.com/2012/12/connecticut-school-shootings-generate.html

||insert vomiting smiley||

astroguy

I finally got through Jan. 8/9's show with Potter and "Cobra."  Wow ... I 'n-joyed reading the comments on here about it. :)

John Smith

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on January 13, 2013, 02:34:34 AM
What a depressing week of shows.

THIS!! What a drek-filled week.

MikeJ

From what I have heard from Wells, I hope the government at least takes his gun away before he goes totally crazy and shoots up a mall or a school.

By the way, why can't people go crazy and shoot people who actually deserve to be shot?  I can think of a long list.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: MikeJ on January 13, 2013, 10:24:25 AM
From what I have heard from Wells, I hope the government at least takes his gun away before he goes totally crazy and shoots up a mall or a school.

Hmmm, not just Wells in that category...
By the way, why can't people go crazy and shoot people who actually deserve to be shot?  I can think of a long list.

The problem with arbitrary executions is that it's seldom a consensus.. It's usually administered by little and not so little dictators. And crazy people are even less descriminating; they turn on everyone. As long as the 'crazy' people are identified by professional mental health practitioners it's all good...

Quote from: expat on January 13, 2013, 09:30:29 AM
Yes, folks, there's worse. Mike Bara, former co-author of RCH and 4-time C2C guest, used the death of those kids to promote his damn-awful book 'The Choice'.

http://mikebara.blogspot.com/2012/12/connecticut-school-shootings-generate.html

||insert vomiting smiley||

Neither Wells nor Bara have any shame. Given Bara's nuttiness, I'm surprised Wells hasn't interviewed him yet about the 'disturbance in the Force'.

Quote from: UnscreenedCaller on January 13, 2013, 01:09:29 PM

Neither Wells nor Bara have any shame. Given Bara's nuttiness, I'm surprised Wells hasn't interviewed him yet about the 'disturbance in the Force'.

Wells does sound like Darth Vader.

Nebraska888

Quote from: Sleepwalker on January 12, 2013, 06:51:01 AM
I agree.  Wells is intelligent and a good interviewer.  He also has a great voice for radio.  If he would stay off the conspiracy stuff I think he'd be a great host.  What drives me up the wall is the Sandy Hook was a setup so the government can take away our guns, herd us all together into FEMA camps and commit genocide on us routine.

I agree with you.......I like Wells.....but, knock off the conspiracy stuff, please....

CrabbyOld Bat

Was it Wells or a guest he had on who claimed Sandy Hook was a conspiracy by the government to take away guns?

Either way, ya think this story might be in part related to John Be Unwell and/or his guest saying such paranoid, over-the-top things?:

Man who helped Sandy Hook kids is harassed by conspiracy theorists

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/gene-rosen-sandy-hook-conspiracy-155033813.html

Sleepwalker

Quote from: CrabbyOld Bat on January 15, 2013, 04:02:32 PM
Was it Wells or a guest he had on who claimed Sandy Hook was a conspiracy by the government to take away guns?

It was Wells on January 9th.  He suggested Sandy Hook may have been a "setup" to take our guns away.   The man has no shame.  And neither does Noory.

popple

I find it disgusting of him and his guest to say the government is capitalizing on the tragic event & use it to take away guns, but is he not taking advantage of it when he suggests such conspiratorial things? Obviously it will bring in ratings and calls from people who think the same.

astroguy

Quote from: popple on January 15, 2013, 05:33:23 PM
I find it disgusting of him and his guest to say the government is capitalizing on the tragic event & use it to take away guns, but is he not taking advantage of it when he suggests such conspiratorial things? Obviously it will bring in ratings and calls from people who think the same.

Look no further than last Friday's nekkid lines.

Zack

Shame on Wells for implying that the Sandy Hook shootings was some government conspiracy.  Some of the callers the other night were obviously waiting for orders from Wells to start the revolution.

Eddie Coyle

A show geared toward conspiratorial lunatics, engaging in conspiratorial lunacy. Imagine that.

Do you people think you're tuning in for Fresh Air or All Things Considered? I mean, have you listened to C2C in the past 8 years or so? What a bunch of Captain Renaults.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Zack on January 15, 2013, 11:54:34 PM
Shame on Wells for implying that the Sandy Hook shootings was some government conspiracy.  Some of the callers the other night were obviously waiting for orders from Wells to start the revolution.

Hmm, but no-one suffers from mental health problems so it's all good: scared?
The irony of course is that a revolution is an anti establishment/autocrat concept. The French did it against their monarchy, the Russians against theirs, Spain another...and on.  It isn't usually used against a democratically elected government; it's then a coup d'etat. Or treason.

ClayNation

I just got around to the Jan 12 program with David Seaman and Larry Kelley.  While the first hour with Seaman was tolerable, the remainder with Kelley was embarrassingly bad -- do people really still buy into the "Islamic terrorism is the greatest threat we face in the West" bit?

I can understand how people can defend the Wells style of interview -- when he doesn't get sidetracked for a FEMA camp type ramble he's actually pretty decent.  What I don't understand is how people can defend the recent selection of guests.  They've been absolutely terrible.  How much of a role does the host actually have in selecting or accepting particular guests, anyway?

ziznak

right on about the guests sucking.  Not that the hosts are golden but I can normally enjoy a good guest even on a mildly annoying Noory night.  Last night looked like it was going to be good but it wasn't... I'm afraid tonight and tomorrow will go the same.

at this point I think I'm done with the "George Noory Sucks" mantra... I'm going full on "Fuck George Noory" from now on.

Anything worth listening to on the show tonight?