A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 02, 2013, 06:10:46 AM

I rest my case; yours I believe?
Naturally you've been up close and personal in the above instances and not simply depended on TV footage that might have an agenda-ratings perhaps? Have you actually met an Iranian? Spoke to one? I have. I knoow her well.

Have you actually been to an Arab country? I've been to three. Have you met and spoke to any muslims? I have; worked with them, and also have neighbours who are, latest neighbour moved in and came across to shake my hand and introduce himself and his family.

Have you been to Africa? I have. Three times, one of the most interesting, kindest, most gentle men I ever met was a man called Ali, a fisherman in the off season, taking tourists out in his glass bottom boat in the season at Mombassa. He was a muslim, and remembered me each time I re-visited. Second time I went, he spotted me from half a mile up the beach and ran over to shake my hand. Remembered mine, my wifes and daughter's name-a year after our first meeting. This man lived in abject poverty, but was reluctant to take any money from us as he considered us as friends.  It almost came to an argument a couple of times, and I had to force him to take the money.

I take it YOU speak from similar experiences and knowledge? Or do you simply refer to white supremiscist weekly with it's pull out and keep 'How to hate properly those not like you' suppliment.

So you don't want to answer my questions - I get that. I guess a non-answer is your answer.

Instead you want to know if I've ever met any nice Muslims around here or abroad.  Yes to both.   So what?  That doesn't mean there aren't plenty that want to kill us and that much of the time we don't know which ones they are. 

As far as I'm concerned, no one should get their own parallel legal system or other special treatment when they come to live here.  Especially - especially - when they start making threats and demands for it.  I think that's called appeasement.  You know your own history on that.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 02, 2013, 11:10:49 AM

So you don't want to answer my questions - I get that. I guess a non-answer is your answer.

Far be it for me to remind you of your own reluctance to answer specific questions--even on the second or third asking!

But in answer to your question-which I believe was asking me the question I posed to you: namely, if the US population at large might welcome the Catholic church making major inroads in your legislature. Hmm, not sure as the USA has a Hispanic population of more than 50%...and I would hazard a guess, but perhaps more than 80% of those are Catholics? Maybe they may welcome such a (theoretical) influx of catholic based laws...No, that would be silly...

....But as Common law in the UK is fundamentally based on Christian principles, and US law based on the UK model ratified by their respective governments in times gone by, the idea that any religion might influence/write common/criminal law has precedence. History shows us that.

Instead you want to know if I've ever met any nice Muslims around here or abroad.  Yes to both.   So what?  That doesn't mean there aren't plenty that want to kill us and that much of the time we don't know which ones they are. 

I think you'll find that statistically there are more non muslims who want to kill you.... You're right on the second thing, you don't know who they are.

As far as I'm concerned, no one should get their own parallel legal system or other special treatment when they come to live here.  Especially - especially - when they start making threats and demands for it.  I think that's called appeasement.  You know your own history on that.

"When they come to live here?"...Interesting. How far back are you going to the point when non indigenous citizens landed as newcomers on the shores of the New World? I don't mean Christopher Columbus, but the Norse Leif Ericson in the 11th century. The fact that the Pilgrim fathers came many centuries later doesn't escape the fact that the Americas has (like nearly every continent on the planet) had many and varied influences on cultural, religious and ethnic grounds..Or do you believe that the Christianity, Jewism and Mormonism faiths were endemic? Where do you stand on the drive by fanatical christians to teach children creationism, and the notion that everything we see is at most 6000 years old? FWIW, I think that is far more dangerous to your society than muslims will ever be.

Secondly:...

Appeasment? I'm nearly insulted by that...back in 1939, Britain declared war on Germany. A country led by a fanatical fascist regime, with millions of followers. The USA refused to get involved, and indeed a certain Preston Bush (father of George Bush Snr) worked for a financial institution that helped finance Hitlers nazi party, and by extension it's war effort....It was only the bombing of Pearl Harbour that the USA became involved..Until 1941, Britain was alone against Germany's Western front (Otherwise known as France).

Yes, I know our history on that, and you've insulted the memories of the millions who died by not appeasing. So do you seriously think that the UK is a country that rolls over to have it's tummy tickled so the bad bully will only beat them up a little bit? Think again.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 02, 2013, 12:55:23 PM
...the USA has a Hispanic population of more than 50%...

Yeah, you mentioned that a couple of times.  I think it's a good summary of your undertanding of the US.

By the way why should the US have gotten ourselves into your European wars?  Specifically WWI and WWII. The families of most Americans at that time were originally from Europe and one of the reasons to move here in the first place was to leave centuries of warfare behind.  I wish we weren't meddling in the places we are meddling in now.

Yorkshire pud

My word! I stand corrected (yep, I'm humble enough to accept when I misinterpret data) Hispanics are the largest minority..Still, projected data is that by 2050 132 million will be..that's about 30%.. Afraid?

You're right, there's no need at all to meddle in other countries affairs; what say you start a political party to that end? Knock on effect of course would be disbanding almost all your military infrastruture, overseas bases, military aircraft/ land based and ship building manufacturing, administration; intelligence gathering, and build a big wall around the USA..

Problem is of course, you've quadrupled (at least) unemployment at a stroke, and got a lot of empty production lines and ship building yards. Methinks you wouldn't be very popular...'Civilised' countries build their economies on prepartion for war and gear their foreign policies around it. Nothing new there..

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 02, 2013, 12:55:23 PM
..Until 1941, Britain was alone against Germany's Western front (Otherwise known as France).
Don't forget the many commonwealth countries who were involved.  We Canadians joined the fight Sept. 10, 1939, 7 days after England.  We were also one of the 3 nations involved in D Day, and the first to break through the German defenses, at Juno Beach.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_Canada_during_World_War_II
[/size]
[/size]

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on January 02, 2013, 03:13:55 PM
Don't forget the many commonwealth countries who were involved.  We Canadians joined the fight Sept. 10, 1939, 7 days after England.  We were also one of the 3 nations involved in D Day, and the first to break through the German defenses, at Juno Beach.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_Canada_during_World_War_II
[/size]
[/size]

You're quite right; and I included the commonwealth in my initial draft, but as I was editing I accidentally removed it (and about three other sentences too!)..No offence intended.. You'll know 'High Flight' By John Gellespie Magee RCAF? Wonderful moving poem..he was only 21 when he was killed. British mother, American father, born in China, flew with the Cannucks! American citizen.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 02, 2013, 03:26:55 PM

You're quite right; and I included the commonwealth in my initial draft, but as I was editing I accidentally removed it (and about three other sentences too!)..No offence intended.. You'll know 'High Flight' By John Gellespie Magee RCAF? Wonderful moving poem..he was only 21 when he was killed. British mother, American father, born in China, flew with the Cannucks! American citizen.
No offence taken.

"Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth â€"Put out my hand and touched the Face of God."

Could it be ?? Does Premiere have big plans for lucky '13?

Next week's program schedule for Coast to Coast AM was released. Some may be surprised to see the hosting schedule. George Noory is set for Sunday night with his big tenth anniversary bash. Guests not yet named, but it may be a hodgepodge of crazed loons who have appeared over the past ten years. Richard C. Hoagland is most likely on hold already, waiting for Sunday...

But the real story may be the schedule afterwards. While George Knapp fills in on Monday, it's going to be wall-to-wall John B. Wells for the rest of the week. From Tuesday through Friday, and presumably his normal day of Saturday as well, making it 6 straight days.

Could this be the first test to see how Wells stands the test of the night hawk's hours? Could Premiere Radio just want to give Noory his tenth anniversary show and then... cut some of the ties a bit? Or maybe Noory just wants a week off. Time to celebrate with Tommy? And in the mean time.....Wells takes the mic for 24 hours this week.

Among the guests and topics Wells will have:
"Cobra" will talk about dark forces.
Robert Pelton will talk about targeted assassinations.
Bob Wright on 'positive deviants.'
And open lines on Friday....

The 2013 test begins..

CrabbyOld Bat

It's official. At one time I thought listening to John Be Unwell was a hair better than struggling to tolerate Snorge but I've chanced my mind. I now rate Snorge two hairs higher than John Be Unwell, primarily because Snorge's well-established stupidity factor creates unintentional humor at times. Meanwhile, nothing about Unwell strikes me as humorous. In fact, he's been steadily crawling up the creepy-and-dangerous-lunatic-fringe scale IMO.

That said, I doubt that I'll be able to stomach listening to Unwell discuss topics like dark forces, assassinations and deviants (even positive ones) since those seem like perfect fodder for him to subtly promote his extremist ideas; ideas which I believe encourage violence and possibly even civil war here in the US.  I truly feel that Unwell is turning into a potentially dangerous voice on late night radio. Worse, I don't believe the nincompoops running C2C would ever notice it if I'm correct. 

In any case, I sincerely hope I'm wrong about Unwell's increasing creepiness and that he has no sinister or dangerous intentions. But my CrabbyOld Bat sense (similar to Spidey sense) won't stop tingling. So for now I can only hope all the rage-filled mentally ill folks who own or have access to weapons arsenals aren't pushed over the edge by Unwell. Unfortunately, if C2C continues giving him air time...

Morgus

Quote from: HorrorReporter on January 04, 2013, 06:50:30 AM
Could it be ?? Does Premiere have big plans for lucky '13?

Next week's program schedule for Coast to Coast AM was released. Some may be surprised to see the hosting schedule. George Noory is set for Sunday night with his big tenth anniversary bash. Guests not yet named, but it may be a hodgepodge of crazed loons who have appeared over the past ten years. Richard C. Hoagland is most likely on hold already, waiting for Sunday...

But the real story may be the schedule afterwards. While George Knapp fills in on Monday, it's going to be wall-to-wall John B. Wells for the rest of the week. From Tuesday through Friday, and presumably his normal day of Saturday as well, making it 6 straight days.

Could this be the first test to see how Wells stands the test of the night hawk's hours? Could Premiere Radio just want to give Noory his tenth anniversary show and then... cut some of the ties a bit? Or maybe Noory just wants a week off. Time to celebrate with Tommy? And in the mean time.....Wells takes the mic for 24 hours this week.

Among the guests and topics Wells will have:
"Cobra" will talk about dark forces.
Robert Pelton will talk about targeted assassinations.
Bob Wright on 'positive deviants.'
And open lines on Friday....

The 2013 test begins..

Nah, that kind of speculation has happened at the end/start of a new year for several years now when Noory takes his annual week off.
Usually Noory takes the week between Christmas and New Years off, but his vacation holiday week must have been delayed a week this year due to his infamous 'burning pizza roll' incident last month...  8)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: CrabbyOld Bat on January 04, 2013, 01:58:49 PM
since those seem like perfect fodder for him to subtly promote his extremist ideas; ideas which I believe encourage violence and possibly even civil war here in the US.  I truly feel that Unwell is turning into a potentially dangerous voice on late night radio. Worse, I don't believe the nincompoops running C2C would ever notice it if I'm correct. 

In any case, I sincerely hope I'm wrong about Unwell's increasing creepiness and that he has no sinister or dangerous intentions. But my CrabbyOld Bat sense (similar to Spidey sense) won't stop tingling. So for now I can only hope all the rage-filled mentally ill folks who own or have access to weapons arsenals aren't pushed over the edge by Unwell. Unfortunately, if C2C continues giving him air time...

Oh, I'm sure there can't be any instances where sinister overtones spoken in a calm underplayed manner has motivated the less intelligent but easily stirred and naturally violent (Preferably with XYY chromosomes) individual to interpret such sinister overtones; and then gone on to seek out kindred spirits to carry out violent acts based on what they misunderstood. Oh noooo, can't think of one.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: CrabbyOld Bat on January 04, 2013, 01:58:49 PM
It's official. At one time I thought listening to John Be Unwell was a hair better than struggling to tolerate Snorge but I've chanced my mind. I now rate Snorge two hairs higher than John Be Unwell, primarily because Snorge's well-established stupidity factor creates unintentional humor at times. Meanwhile, nothing about Unwell strikes me as humorous. In fact, he's been steadily crawling up the creepy-and-dangerous-lunatic-fringe scale IMO.

That said, I doubt that I'll be able to stomach listening to Unwell discuss topics
So, you're still going to listen! ;D ;D   Wells sure as hell isn't alone in the kook department. Is there nothing you could possibly do when he's hosting? Something screwy like...turning the dial to a different station? Shutting it off altogether?

Stockholm is beautiful in the winter.

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 04, 2013, 02:37:29 PM
          Is there nothing you could possibly do when he's hosting? Something screwy like...turning the dial to a different station? Shutting it off altogether?

lol Yes, I'll be doing something other than listening to John Be Unwell.

Perhaps I'll spend time nitpicking at other people's posts and making smart-arse comments.  ;D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: CrabbyOld Bat on January 04, 2013, 03:16:41 PM

Perhaps I'll spend time nitpicking at other people's posts and making smart-arse comments.  ;D

Ouch!!! I felt the bow wave from that.. :)

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: CrabbyOld Bat on January 04, 2013, 03:16:41 PM

Nitpicking? More like excoriation.Here's a synopsis of your posts "Wells is a fascist, he's horrible, but I'll listen anyway"   BAAAH BAAAH

See, I think John Wells SUCKS.  I actually don't listen to him, can you imagine! . And furthermore, I think you have to be as paranoid as he is to think Wells is of any consequence in society. If you're concerned becoming Wells a Father Coughlin type...get a grip.

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 04, 2013, 03:31:59 PM
       Nitpicking? More like excoriation.
        See, I think John Wells SUCKS.  I actually don't listen to him, can you imagine! . And furthermore, I think you have to be as paranoid as he is to think Wells is of any consequence in society. If you're concerned becoming Wells a Father Coughlin type...get a grip.

Oops! So sorry for expressing my opinion based on what I've heard spewing from Unwell over the past few months. No need to call me paranoid though. Maybe you should get a grip yourself, eh? Especially since, if you don't listen to him, you don't know what he's been saying as of late. Beyond that, none of us know whether or not his words could, intentionally or not, inspire someone to do something that would be of dire consequence in society.

(Is that Helter Skelter playing in the background?) 

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 04, 2013, 03:31:23 PM

Ouch!!! I felt the bow wave from that.. :)

;D

(I trust you know you weren't the target!  8) )

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 04, 2013, 03:31:59 PM
       Here's a synopsis of your posts "Wells is a fascist, he's horrible, but I'll listen anyway"   BAAAH BAAAH

Nope, I don't think he's a fascist nor will I "listen anyway". Sorry for not making my points clear.

I think he's become a genuine rightwing crackpot and listening to him from this point on would turn my stomach -- so I won't listen to him anymore.

Not sure about the "BAAAH BAAAH" part so I'll just say I hope I've clarified my positions. Have a great day now, won't you?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: CrabbyOld Bat on January 04, 2013, 03:56:29 PM
Oops! So sorry for expressing my opinion based on what I've heard spewing from Unwell over the past few months. No need to call me paranoid though. Maybe you should get a grip yourself, eh? Especially since, if you don't listen to him, you don't know what he's been saying as of late. Beyond that, none of us know whether or not his words could, intentionally or not, inspire someone to do something that would be of dire consequence in society.

(Is that Helter Skelter playing in the background?)
My apologies for invading the echo chamber you inhabit. I've HEARD Wells, I gave him four months(roughly 15 shows) and guess what? I was thoroughly unimpressed and stopped listening. I've tuned in sporadically since July or so, depending on the guest, just to get a pulse on what's going down...and always leave after a segment or two. He's awful, his guests are a parade of clowns and jackasses. It's a clear pattern. The guy sucks. Why anyone would listen after all of this evidence being in...I just don't get it.

I keep track of what he's saying because blood thirsty shut-ins, I guess who have  defective "Clappers" and can't get up to turn off the radio, feel a need to post updates about his latest programs. I don't know how you can listen to such a show like C2C anyways? All the blood that Art had on his hands from Hale-Bopp doesn't distress you? I mean using your logic, 40 people committed suicide because of a C2C topic in 1997.

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 04, 2013, 04:11:34 PM
       My apologies for invading the echo chamber you inhabit. I've HEARD Wells, I gave him four months(roughly 15 shows) and guess what? I was thoroughly unimpressed and stopped listening. I've tuned in sporadically since July or so, depending on the guest, just to get a pulse on what's going down...and always leave after a segment or two. He's awful, his guests are a parade of clowns and jackasses. It's a clear pattern. The guy sucks. Why anyone would listen after all of this evidence being in...I just don't get it.

I keep track of what he's saying because blood thirsty shut-ins, I guess who have  defective "Clappers" and can't get up to turn off the radio, feel a need to post updates about his latest programs. I don't know how you can listen to such a show like C2C anyways? All the blood that Art had on his hands from Hale-Bopp doesn't distress you? I mean using your logic, 40 people committed suicide because of a C2C topic in 1997.

Wow. You sure are angry about a lot of things and at a lot of people. Please don't blow a brain rod over some opining and commenting on a message board, 'k?  8)

All I know about Art and the Hale-Bopp/Heaven's Gate related tragedy is that it was the guest, not Art, who made claims about a spaceship following behind the comet. Whether or not what Applewhite and his suicidal followers did was a result of hearing the guest's claims is open to speculation; since they're all dead there's simply no way to know for sure one way or the other. Regardless, since it wasn't Art or anyone else who worked for C2C that made the spaceship claims, there's no way to hold them or C2C responsible. That's not the same as the John Be Unwell situation, where it's the actual host of C2C making claims and suggestions that are flat-out, looney-toon dangerous (IMO).

I'm not interested in fighting about this ad nauseam or upsetting you even more than you already are, so I'll end my part of our discussion and give you the final word if you'd like it.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: CrabbyOld Bat on January 04, 2013, 05:20:39 PM

Wow. You sure are angry about a lot of things and at a lot of people.

Good work, detective.

MTB

This "Cobra" is about the most goofy thing I have ever heard. Who signed off on putting this shit on the radio?

Doomed

WTF??? Who the hell does Wells have on tonight? Alvin and the Chipmonks??

Designx

Quote from: MTB on January 09, 2013, 01:52:42 AM
This "Cobra" is about the most goofy thing I have ever heard. Who signed off on putting this shit on the radio?

I love the contrast between Wells deep voice and "Cobra's" helium robot voice lol
Who knows maybe "Cobra" is really Wells.

LAM4:2

Quote from: Doomed on January 09, 2013, 01:54:58 AM
WTF??? Who the hell does Wells have on tonight? Alvin and the Chipmonks??
I thought it was Max Headroom.

MTB

Quote from: Designx on January 09, 2013, 01:57:10 AM

I love the contrast between Wells deep voice and "Cobra's" helium robot voice lol
Who knows maybe "Cobra" is really Wells.

It would be awesome if Cobra is Art punking Wells.

Doomed

Ive heard Hoagland get like this when he gets excited. Check it out the next time he talks about PayPal.

Doomed

Quote from: MTB on January 09, 2013, 02:00:28 AM

Indeed.  8)

sleeplessinca

How does Wells keep a straight face?

Seriously, he is doing a great job with this guy - who is a piece of work to say the least...

Cobra!

hahahahahaa

popple

Quote from: MTB on January 09, 2013, 02:00:28 AM

That would be glorious.