• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Brainwaves: Horror and Paranormal Talk

Started by PrairieGhost, June 08, 2016, 02:09:06 PM

bateman

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on June 30, 2016, 12:48:49 AM
I still standby "The Strain" and "Bates Motel" as being two of the better horror shows on tv.

On the roof of the Met all summer:

https://twitter.com/darkcityfm/status/744278364240941056

Quote from: TigerLily on July 07, 2016, 12:34:08 AM
I'm listening for the first time right now. Enjoying it quite a bit.
Yay! Lily is here too! If you missed the body of the show/interview I highly recommend it! Great talk about what is wrong with filmmaking these days and how this and other genres are diluted by the dollar. Smith's articles on Cynema are great reads btw. :D

TigerLily

RT? Who are you? I know weird question but you know what I mean.

I backed up on TuneIn as far as I could and just beginning to take calls

Oh RT you host this? I'll have to check it out sometime. Remind me next week, okay?

trostol

not here...not a fan of the genre just popping in :P

TigerLily

Quote from: trostol on July 07, 2016, 12:41:41 AM
not here...not a fan of the genre just popping in :P

Who do you follow besides Cthulhu?

trostol

Quote from: TigerLily on July 07, 2016, 12:42:55 AM
Who do you follow besides Cthulhu?

thats all...never been big into horror really..which is odd since i do love Lovecraft lol

bateman

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on July 07, 2016, 12:40:50 AM
I had the joy of sneaking onto the Bates lot at Universal once. ;)

Heh, nice. Apparently the new show is filmed in British Columbia - and the house didn't have a roof until the second season for some reason

http://yvrshoots.com/2012/11/bates-motel-set-in-aldergrove-just-like-hitchcocks-psycho.html

Quote from: trostol on July 07, 2016, 12:46:15 AM
thats all...never been big into horror really..which is odd since i do love Lovecraft lol
Some great HPL flicks tho! (And games)

TigerLily

Quote from: trostol on July 07, 2016, 12:46:15 AM

You are odd. That's why I love you

Quote from: bateman on July 07, 2016, 12:47:05 AM
Heh, nice. Apparently the new show is filmed in British Columbia - and the house didn't have a roof until the second season for some reason

http://yvrshoots.com/2012/11/bates-motel-set-in-aldergrove-just-like-hitchcocks-psycho.html

The lack of roof was due to God needing to stare at the bizarre perfection of Vera Farmiga. Weird hot.

Quote from: TigerLily on July 07, 2016, 12:48:01 AM
You are odd. That's why I love you

^This^ (No, TL this isn't my show, THOUGH I do have a new podcast starting soon with a fellow Bellgab member. ;)

Quote from: Darth Sandra on July 07, 2016, 12:39:05 AM
Oh RT you host this? I'll have to check it out sometime. Remind me next week, okay?
NO, I just monopolized time with a crew I like. ;) I will remind you next week.

trostol

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on July 07, 2016, 12:47:24 AM
Some great HPL flicks tho! (And games)

eh...there some good Lovecraft shorts out there..not many full length movies

TigerLily

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on July 07, 2016, 12:48:36 AM
^This^ (No, TL this isn't my show, THOUGH I do have a new podcast starting soon with a fellow Bellgab member. ;)

Keep us up to date. I got it figured out now. You were the guest/last caller, right?  I came in late so not sure.  Anyway, if that is you, you are great

TigerLily

Perfect timing. The show just ended and switching over to kaca

Quote from: TigerLily on July 07, 2016, 12:54:22 AM
Keep us up to date. I got it figured out now. You were the guest/last caller, right?  I came in late so not sure.  Anyway, if that is you, you are great
I was the first and wasted 15 minutes of everyone's precious life! ;)

Another great show and I say fuck Comic Con, do a hotel room show. COME ON PEOPLE!

akwilly

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on July 07, 2016, 12:48:36 AM
info please

I missed this show too, but I will keep my ears available for this in the future.

I think most modern horror isn't that scary, just lots of loud bangs and things jumping out of the shadows. Too formulaic.

Quote from: trostol on July 07, 2016, 12:52:19 AM
eh...there some good Lovecraft shorts out there..not many full length movies
Reanimator!

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on July 15, 2016, 03:44:52 AM
I missed this show too, but I will keep my ears available for this in the future.

I think most modern horror isn't that scary, just lots of loud bangs and things jumping out of the shadows. Too formulaic.
Reanimator!

Just listen to the link off of DreadCentral. It was a good show, with some neat history from Haig. His audio was a bit crappy here and there, but good show. Shame, we didn't get to call in and talk to him. There is no new show next week. Just a rerun. Back in 2 weeks. :(

Also, I would be happy to be a severed re-animated head if it meant I could get some of that 80s Crampton. WINK WINK.

BRAINWAVES IS LIVE NOW ON DEEPTALK RADIO. GHOST SHOW TONIGHT! PARANORMAL INVESTIGATOR TRIBUTE. Please join us and have fun. More than you will have on Heather's nightly meh.