• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

has george noory ever told a lie?

Started by tweet75, April 15, 2012, 10:48:09 PM

tweet75

can you name even one lie george noory has told?

Quote from: tweet75 on April 15, 2012, 10:48:09 PM

Where to start.  How about 'I do 8 hours of prep work for each show, then I come on the air and do 4 more hours'.  Followed up with having Lisa Lyings sending out emails in responnce to complaints that George is the hardest working man in radio.

If any of that is true then he may as well stop, because the show sounds like he walks in completely cold just about every single night.

b_dubb

George manages to insert himself into everything the guests bring up. No one experiences everything in this life. Clearly many/all of these stories are bullshit

analog kid

He claimed he doesn't dye his hair, and he isn't fooling anyone there.

Quote from: analog kid on April 16, 2012, 02:13:53 AM
He claimed he doesn't dye his hair, and he isn't fooling anyone there.

Not at all.  HE doesn't dye it, his stylist does.

Among females the preferred term is "color treatment" but maybe males are more direct.

Tara

Noory stated he was #2 behind Rush Limbaugh, never mentioning that he was #2 in affiliates, not listeners.  He said he hoped someday to top Rush.  Given the low IQ of most of his audience, I'm sure they believed his lie.  Rush has maybe 20 million versus Noory's 3 million listeners as stated on the C2C website. 

Lovely Bones

[referring to the caller George has just pulled the plug on]: "He must have hung up." 

Digitech

He says he does 8 hours of show preparation, doesn't dye his hair, has a forked tongue, has psychic abilities, etc etc etc

Sardondi

Quote from: Lovely Bones on April 16, 2012, 07:36:30 AM
[referring to the caller George has just pulled the plug on]: "He must have hung up."

Too good,

Sleepwalker

Quote from: tweet75 on April 15, 2012, 10:48:09 PM

Sure.  Every time George puts Alex Jones on his show and Alex starts spewing his vitriolic nonsense about the United States government blowing up the Federal building in Oklahoma City as well as staging 9-11, George is guilty by association - for putting this jackass on the radio.  It was just a week or so ago George said, "Alex doesn't make this stuff up."  Yes, George, he does make it.

If the suits at Clear Channel had even an ounce of integrity they would cancel this carnival side show.

SnapT

"That's a good point."  In response to something that is not a good point, or not even a point at all.

Additionally, "that's true" in response to a statement that he clearly has no idea is true or untrue. 

These lies comprise 75% of the words he says on the show every night.

When a guest or caller state that George is a great investigator or great journalist, and George just sits there quietly and let's it stand.  A lie by omission on his part.

By the way, does anyone think George truly believes he was a victim of an attempted kidnapping in Mexico recently?  Does his staff, do fellow PremRat employees and friends like Alex Jones and Richard C?

Ok, by now George has probably talked himself into believing it, and Alex and Richard would apparently at least claim to believe anything dark and sinister anyone reported, but I think if kidnappers in Mexico wanted Noory, he' be kidnapped.

b_dubb

Quotehas george noory ever told a lie?

stop yanking our chain

awguy

What about when Noory said he was going to retire after 2012 then signed a multi year contract extension?

Ben Shockley

Noory claimed that he was going to use a Ouija board on-air, then didn't.   I always believed that that non-performance was pre-planned, thus making his months-long build-up to it a long sequence of lies.

Claims he's been reading ...well, there's a lie: he can't read ...reading about the paranormal and esoterica "all his life," but doesn't know a damn thing about the "core curriculum" of the field(s) --as evidenced by his continual astonishment at hearing basic facts and stories from the field(s), and his unfamiliarity with basic terms and concepts.

Less egregious: Noory told a caller several years ago that he'd "hold Ed Dames' feet to the fire" about his failed efforts to find that guy who went down in a plane in Nevada (?); made basically the same "promise" several times regarding Dames, as I recall it.   The guy still comes on the show.   He wouldn't after I "held his feet to the fire," I can guarantee.   Okay, maybe that's just a difference of standards, not a "lie."   Typical Noory: operates by weasel words; hard to pin down.

WOTR

Quote from: Ben Shockley on April 16, 2012, 10:42:46 PM
Claims he's been reading ...well, there's a lie: he can't read ...
That explains so much.  I used to picture him reading the cue cards.  Now I will imagine him attempting to interpret the cartoon figures and drawings that his staff have printed on them and be a little more forgiving when he messes it up...

George has said that storable E-Foods crap is the best food he's ever tasted

WOTR

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 17, 2012, 12:50:43 PM
George has said that storable E-Foods crap is the best food he's ever tasted
Yet another mystery solved.  He used to be a part owner in a restaurant.  If E-foods is the best food he has ever tasted, I now understand why he is now a radio host rather than a restaurateur...

b_dubb

Quote from: WOTR on April 18, 2012, 11:35:53 PM
Yet another mystery solved.  He used to be a part owner in a restaurant.  If E-foods is the best food he has ever tasted, I now understand why he is now a radio host rather than a restaurateur...
this might partly explain why Noory is still working when he clearly doesn't want to be. maybe he lost his shirt in some poorly executed business. it seems like everyone wants to start a restaurant but it's a tough business if you don't know it inside and out

Quote from: b_dubb on April 19, 2012, 01:37:08 AM
this might partly explain why Noory is still working when he clearly doesn't want to be. maybe he lost his shirt in some poorly executed business. it seems like everyone wants to start a restaurant but it's a tough business if you don't know it inside and out

Not just any poorly executed restaurant idea.  The Cafe Marrakesh and Oasis Bar theme apparently revolved around a fictional Englishman named Col.  William Berry who opened a restaurant following an exciting secret mission to Marrakesh.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3190/is_v21/ai_4607775/

In addition to 'knowing' someone in the restaurant business, George probably told his investors that he's had 50 years of eating experience and knew what would draw ratings, er, customers...  Someone should call in and say their name is Col Bill Berry fresh back from the Sahara...

Sleepwalker

The bidding for dinner with George is up to $1,000.  According to their website, the "estimated value" is $5,000.

How do they figure that?  There is no one on the face of the earth I would pay to have dinner with.  No one.  Absolutely no one.  I have dinner with my dog every day.  She's the best company one could have.  Tonight she had Iams Pro-Active Health and I had a veggie burger (Morning Star Grillers Originals), potato salad and Crystal Light.  Delicious.  My dog, as always, was wonderful company and I didn't even have to leave the house.

Oh, I know.  Some people would say I'm a loser because I live alone with my dog.  But consider this.  She never tries to tell me the Anunaki, or whatever the hell they're called, are going to kidnap me in the middle of the middle of the night.  She never pretends to be a psychic. She doesn't tell me Dick Cheney and Merv Griffin blew up the World Trade Center.  She doesn't pester me about moving to an abandoned missile silo and stocking it up with bottled water, freeze-dried food and ammunition to await Planet X smashing into the Earth.  She doesn't set up lame websites like John B. Wells to try and sell me radiation detectors and water filters.

Okay, I'm done.

preston

Head to an Exclusive Lunch with Publicist-to-the-Stars Cindi Berger in NYC
Current Bid: $0.00
Number of Bids: 0
Minimum Next Bid: $500.00
Estimated Value: $3,000.00
Lot Closes: Thu, 3 May 2012 3:12:00 PM EDT

Lunch with Cindi Berger might not be so bad.                         

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Sleepwalker on April 19, 2012, 06:07:52 PM

I have dinner with my dog every day.  She's the best company one could have.  Tonight she had Iams Pro-Active Health and I had a veggie burger (Morning Star Grillers Originals),

OT and I'm probably being a busy-body, but just FYI, "Pro-Active Health" doesn't mean much.  Take a gander:

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showproduct.php?product=1765&cat=all