• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sustainable Dieting and Health (Naps, Diet, Exercise)

Started by Jojo, October 10, 2017, 10:16:47 PM

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar link=topic=11517.msg1245249#msg1245249 date=152849
/quote]
Are you 40 yet?  Do we need to take this outside?  Whatever happened to that girl you met a little while back?

So, go there.  Don't let your defense mechanisms get in the way.  Or do you just want to be annoying?  I am here for support, so go for it.
1.  Tell me what label, but be sure to tell me how to have intelligent discussion without it.
2.  You've associated with me for a year.  What shame?
3.  Survival mechanisms such as ________ (Fill in the blank with NEW ones, not known ones).

Kick me when I'm down, not when I just accomplished a hard won goal.  Losing a solid two pounds after 4 weeks of trying, after keeping the previous 10 pounds off for a year is no small feat in my world.  Today, I can reach all the way to the bottom of the washer, having lost bulk in my armpits, I guess.  Today, I can stretch deeper because there is more room between my legs and belly when I bend.

PCOS is an obesity causing hormone disorder that begins during adolescence.  All the positive thinking in the world might have a hard time reaching the instigators, my pituitary gland and pancreas.  Interestingly, my dad was briefly in the Air Force.  I don't recall my early childhood in base housing, but it is a fact that radio can cause pituitary disorders.  Aren't illegal implants radio?  Some people believe there is an illegal, covert program for remotely, silently harvesting women's eggs while they sleep, too.  I have no idea why so many women in our country have PCOS, but it does overlap into conspiracy theories.

Glandular health is very important.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on June 08, 2018, 08:10:17 PM
Composing offline is simply best practices. Some goals are best left as medium- or long-term milestones.

I think--and I'm speaking for the group here, if I may--that you have more pressing concerns that ensuring your innermost, most private thoughts are not being surveiled by non-State actors. Still, who am I to judge? I am here to help. The larger advantage is that your device can run faster without handling background network tasks, and the likelihood of being distracted by IMs from your handler will be greatly diminished.
Non-State?
But scientists are saying our thoughts CAN be monitored.  There are patents.
Whether one composes online or offline, I don't think it makes much difference in privacy.  You do?
My devices are fast enough!

Jojo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 08, 2018, 09:10:00 PM
You're up early, monica.
No shirt, no breakfast service.
But throw one on; I'm starving!

Jackstar

Quote from: monica on June 08, 2018, 09:18:29 PM
But scientists are saying our thoughts CAN be monitored.

An ideal solution to this is to monitor one's own thoughts.

Quote from: monica on June 08, 2018, 09:08:04 PM
quote author=Jackstar link=topic=11517.msg1245249#msg1245249 date=152849

How are you trying to libel me this time? Signal garbled.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on June 08, 2018, 09:25:18 PM
An ideal solution to this is to monitor one's own thoughts.

How are you trying to libel me this time? Signal garbled.
What are you talking about?  What libel.  What do you deny, anyhoo, oh, do tell!  And what do you mean "this time"?  Men here and even your own long ago ex have called you every name in the book, issued sloughs of insults.  No problem there, but a woman stands up to you and you holler foul?

I don't know what you mean about some signal.

Jojo

You're the one falsely labeling me a paid disinformation worker (a paid liar), speaking of libel, in Things That Annoy You.  You'll never be able to prove that, because it is false!  Whereas, I CAN show evidence of my claims.  And if you want to go there, frankly you have more assets, lol.  You want my barrette collection?  Canned enchiladas?  What has you so upset?

Look, in Things That Annoy You, you quoted an article that said people who don't remain hot under the collar for the duration, might be paid disinformation employees, not sincere forum participants.  As well as suggesting I were one.  So, to accommodate you, I turned up the heat, used more emotion in responding to you when I felt you were rude.

So, regarding your video, is that a mechanism?  Baiting people to act that way so you can play Gotcha?

albrecht

Thoughts? So after a party and you have a yuuge tray of sour cream and a few half or so full of other condiments what should you do? Obvious stuff, eat nachos, fajitas, etc for a few days but stuff that won't used as much or much get ripe? (I suspect sour cream with last longer than guac?) Drunken ideas: have a kid eat on youtube, give to homeless (but sour cream?) Use as bait for critters? Why would so MUCH condiments be given? Of course I demand them, but then. I get into situations like letting go non-native crawdads into creek cause over buy. Would they like sour cream?

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on June 08, 2018, 11:06:39 PM
Thoughts? So after a party and you have a yuuge tray of sour cream and a few half or so full of other condiments what should you do? Obvious stuff, eat nachos, fajitas, etc for a few days but stuff that won't used as much or much get ripe? (I suspect sour cream with last longer than guac?) Drunken ideas: have a kid eat on youtube, give to homeless (but sour cream?) Use as bait for critters? Why would so MUCH condiments be given? Of course I demand them, but then. I get into situations like letting go non-native crawdads into creek cause over buy. Would they like sour cream?
Well, I am a very frugal person.  But if the condiments were dished out into a serving tray, even I would discard it.  Too many people double dip, and saliva does carry disease.  Some people are carriers, even though they never become diseased themselves.  Also, the tray has likely been out six hours, long enough for flies to lay eggs on it.  And people to cough or sneeze on it.  Or drop their unwashed fingers in, even without meaning to.

If the food has to be eaten, I would pour it into clean little ceramic containers and microwave them until they bubble.  That should kill all contaminants and make them last at least four days in the fridge. 

Sour cream is great in soup.
Salsa can be added to meat dishes.
You could blend it all together and add to a hearty chicken soup.

Another alternative, especially for the guac, is to gently skim the top off, and eat the pristine stuff underneath.  Some people like gauc on toast. 

But no sense being frugal to a fault, especially when it gets pressured.  Non-native daddies could kill all the natives?  And sour cream is not good in waterways, but it does last longer in the fridge than guac.

If you squeeze lemon (or vinegar) on top of the guac, it will stay fresh looking a lot longer.

Jojo

Guac is excellent hair conditioner.  Just cake it on and squeeze it into the strands.  Set for 20 minutes (or less if it irritates). Then shampoo and dry.

Salsa is a skin toner with exfoliating properties.  But not near your eyes!  After a hot washcloth opens your pores, wash your face, then smear the salsa on for less than a minute.  Rinse with cold water and a touch of ice to close your pores!  There is a commercial organic tomato skin toner which is very fun.

Jackstar

Quote from: monica on June 08, 2018, 09:36:35 PM
Men here and even your own long ago ex have called you every name in the book, issued sloughs of insults. 

You may know a man, by the enemies he makes.

Quote from: monica on June 08, 2018, 09:36:35 PM
No problem there, but a woman stands up to you and you holler foul?

I remember it differently.

Jojo

Quote from: monica on June 08, 2018, 09:08:04 PM
[quote author=Jackstar link=topic=11517.msg1245249#msg1245249 date=152849

Are you 40 yet?  Do we need to take this outside?  Whatever happened to that girl you met a little while back?

So, go there.  Don't let your defense mechanisms get in the way.  Or do you just want to be annoying?  I am here for support, so go for it.
1.  Tell me what label, but be sure to tell me how to have intelligent discussion without it.
2.  You've associated with me for a year.  What shame?
3.  Survival mechanisms such as ________ (Fill in the blank with NEW ones, not known ones).

Kick me when I'm down, not when I just accomplished a hard won goal.  Losing a solid two pounds after 4 weeks of trying, after keeping the previous 10 pounds off for a year is no small feat in my world.  Today, I can reach all the way to the bottom of the washer, having lost bulk in my armpits, I guess.  Today, I can stretch deeper because there is more room between my legs and belly when I bend.

PCOS is an obesity causing hormone disorder that begins during adolescence.  All the positive thinking in the world might have a hard time reaching the instigators, my pituitary gland and pancreas.  Interestingly, my dad was briefly in the Air Force.  I don't recall my early childhood in base housing, but it is a fact that radio can cause pituitary disorders.  Aren't illegal implants radio?  Some people believe there is an illegal, covert program for remotely, silently harvesting women's eggs while they sleep, too.  I have no idea why so many women in our country have PCOS, but it does overlap into conspiracy theories.

Glandular health is very important.
Dear Whackstar,

The reason your avatar name is there is because when I back-spaced over your video URL to delete from my response, I back-spaced too far.  I was sloppy, sorry.  Your data should not be in the blue box, either, which means I must have been missing a bracket.  Sorry about that.  Tablets are a pain.  And even if I borrowed the laptop, it has no mouse.  But I should have corrected the error.

Going public with this could embarass both of us.

Sincerely,
Harmonicat

Jackstar

Quote from: monica on June 09, 2018, 02:26:30 AM
All the positive thinking in the world might have a hard time reaching the instigators, my pituitary gland and pancreas.

As ye believe, so shall ye experience.

Quote from: monica on June 09, 2018, 02:26:30 AM
it is a fact that radio can cause pituitary disorders

https://rifemachine.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orgone

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_Reich

https://cbdoilsandedibles.com/cbd-for-endocrine-disorders/

http://www.medicine.news/2016-04-15-what-is-the-rockefeller-foundation-and-how-has-it-oppressed-natural-medicine-for-nearly-a-century.html

One of these links is not like the others. Which one, and why?

Have fun! This quiz is not being graded.

Quote from: monica on June 08, 2018, 10:50:50 PM
As well as suggesting I were one.

In point of fact, I was referring to the dipshit doctors who have gifted you with an incessant stream of superstitious bullshit to parrot to yourself, day in, day out, that slowly undermines your own natural ability to effectively care for and assist in your own healing process--but hey, if your culture of victimhood has enveloped your soul so deeply that you have come to embrace corporate fascist ignorance as an authority, I'm prepared to broaden my deductions.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on June 09, 2018, 02:57:57 AM
As ye believe, so shall ye experience.

https://rifemachine.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orgone

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_Reich

https://cbdoilsandedibles.com/cbd-for-endocrine-disorders/

http://www.medicine.news/2016-04-15-what-is-the-rockefeller-foundation-and-how-has-it-oppressed-natural-medicine-for-nearly-a-century.html

One of these links is not like the others. Which one, and why?

Have fun! This quiz is not being graded.

In point of fact, I was referring to the dipshit doctors who have gifted you with an incessant stream of superstitious bullshit to parrot to yourself, day in, day out, that slowly undermines your own natural ability to effectively care for and assist in your own healing process--but hey, if your culture of victimhood has enveloped your soul so deeply that you have come to embrace corporate fascist ignorance as an authority, I'm prepared to broaden my deductions.
Whether you are right or wrong, you sure are insulting.  Who even talks like this, "In point of fact" or "broaden my deductions?"

Beliefs do not control experience.  I knew a woman who believed for decades she would get pre-menopausal breast cancer.  She never did.  I also knew a woman who never believed she'd get stuck in an elevator in an empty building.  But, she did.  Beliefs affect behavior, not experience.

Jojo

It was about a year ago that I met Jackstar online here.  Some people behave uncomfortably around memorial dates.  JS, relax and be glad.  Your future is bright.

ksm32

Quote from: monica on June 09, 2018, 11:03:00 PM
It was about a year ago that I met Jackstar online here.  Some people behave uncomfortably around memorial dates.  JS, relax and be glad.  Your future is bright.

So you DO love him! Jackstar, is and has been incarcerated for some time now.

Wench!!

edit: your new avatar is horrible. stick with one cat would ya please

Jojo

Quote from: ksm32 on June 09, 2018, 11:22:25 PM

Wench!!

Wench!!

I can neither confirm nor deny.  Especially after last night, a pivotal time.
And, likewise, I'm sure.

Jojo

This was a good exercise day, chiro, PT, 45 min aerobics (in parts) and 2 cat walks.  I did get down on the floor again, without the modification this time.

And a fine food day.  Pretty sure I'll feel a difference in the morning.  Been waking up hungry, a good sign.  Today, exercise reduced my appetite.  My portions are smaller.  Eating slower helps.

On the other hand, tomorrow is a food acquisition day.  Those are full of temptation.  Last time I was at the store, the lady behind me in the Family Friendly line thought Family Friendly meant bring-your-noisy-kids-to-this-line!  She hadn't realized it meant no Cosmo, lol.

Jackstar

Jackstar, is and has been incarcerated for some time now.

Uh, no. You've got the wrong wizard.

Quote from: monica on June 09, 2018, 10:53:38 PM
you sure are insulting.  Who even talks like this, "In point of fact" or "broaden my deductions?"

In point of fact, if the shoe fits, wear it.

Quote from: monica on June 09, 2018, 10:53:38 PM
Beliefs affect behavior, not experience.

That's really just your experience.

Quote from: monica on June 10, 2018, 02:44:53 AM
Been waking up hungry, a good sign.

Consider scoring some BCAAs. I get a tub at Super Supplements, but Amazon or Guido under the bridge can hook you up.

Jojo

Relaxing is a good stress reducer for dieting.  Independent Cat and I got close last night, sitting in our beds together watching kittens learn to walk on You Tube.  It was so much fun.  She was so into it, and then dozed in her new beloved paper fiber fake grass skirts from the discount store, opening her eyes from time to time.  Anyhow, sitting in bed last night was not the best for my back this morning, considering some old injuries I have, so hopefully I will remember not to use food as a pain distractor.

The steel exercise bike is still out in the car.  There are men here, but none I feel okay asking to bring it in.  One has a back back (but works as a residential mover, whew).  One is a jealous girl's boyfriend.  One is a jerk.  And one is peculiar.  I'm voting for the peculiar one, but he works a lot and is hard to pin down.  Plus, I was trying to get the bike in my room surreptitiously, and he might spill the beans to the live-in lease holder.  She said we can't have stationary bikes here because her own roommate, a relative, wants one.  It seems the lease holder frequently prefers to sabotage her roommate.  But in the case of a stationary bike, these ladies are salvagers, actual real junkyard type salvagers, so it's pretty ironic of the lease holder to forbid a bike here, when everything else is spread out all over this place half the time, including a huge treadmill and a kitchen sink, last I saw!  Anything you need, you could probably find here.  But, no, no, no stationary bikes allowed.  Lol.

Food acquisition should happen today, which can be painful, but more importantly, the car's slow tire leak has to be addressed again.  So tired of tire punctures.  Wherever I live, so many tires have had nails and screws just pounded into them.  It must take some strength.  Where are these strong guys when you need one?  Besides garaging, what else can I do!  Put tire covers on?  Is that painful?  This might be a very painful day.  We'll see.

Jackstar

Quote from: monica on June 10, 2018, 02:38:54 PM
I was trying to get the bike in my room surreptitiously

Put it in the front yard and sell tickets.

Went on a little day trip yesterday and found some delicious fresh strawberries and am grateful for them

ksm32

Quote from: Jackstar on June 10, 2018, 02:38:21 PM
Uh, no. You've got the wrong wizard.

Would it fkn kill ya' to just go along with it? Nobody actually believes you're in prison.                       

yet

ksm32

Quote from: sumthinz going on on June 10, 2018, 07:47:48 PM
Went on a little day trip yesterday and found some delicious fresh strawberries and am grateful for them

Random gifts from God :)  Wonderful stuff!  I wish you would have taken a picture............  that would have made for a really nice avatar. ;)

Jojo

Quote from: sumthinz going on on June 10, 2018, 07:47:48 PM
Wonderful!  Supposedly they clean teeth too.

It's the sun that makes them so full of life when you eat them!  Did you know you can freshen a salad by sitting it on a windowsill for a little bit?  Brings life back in.

Today was a good weight loss day.  I couldn't loosen the nut to remove the steel wheel from the stationary bike in the car.  But, I felt really energetic and wondered if trying to bring the bike in would reduce my backache by warming me up, so in the strength of my morning, I went out and got it while the weather was turning cooler with sprinkles and a nice breeze.  Afterward, you'd think my arms would have been tired, but it was my legs. I must have used up all my reserve glycogen because I went right into hypoglycemia afterward, but breakfast fixed that.  My back did feel better.

I only plan to bike when no one is in the house.  Around here, discretion is the better part of survival.  As far as bikes go, it's pretty quiet, but it still uses resistance against the wheel.

Jojo

While I don't want to bulk up, I do want to retain strength.  After a car accident damaged my spine, the chiropractor re-positioned my vertebrae correctly.  However, he absolutely refused to prescribe strengthening exercises.  "We don't do that for car accident victims, plus you adjust really easily".  Yeah, well, I un-adjust even more easily.  Stupid crook. 

Even the physical therapist only prescribed stretching.

But, I have prior strengthening exercises from other injury treatment.

Other patients got strengthening exercises, like attaching weights to their head and walking around.  I wonder how I could attach weights to my head without dropping them on the cat.

The stationary bike will help the lower region injury, even if I just use it once in a while.

I miss the chiropractor's "activator".  It's a super powerful vibrator used along the spine that draws blood to circulate for the spine, I think.  An amazing healing tool.  Asides from really vigorous exercise, massage or showers, spinal blood circulation gets stagnant, slowing down healing.

Today will be weird.  Everyone else has been on a binge for days, but nothing escalated.  The lease holder could hardly walk, though, and said something that I hope she didn't mean and doesn't remember.  Kind of on eggshells today.  These people are crazy.  If I drank until passing out, I would not get up much the next day.  But, they, hardened and aged as they are, get up at 7:30AM and just start in, even though most of them don't have to go to work.  Maybe something to do with surviving the depression.  And using painkillers?

Cat needs walk!