• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Hurricane Irma

Started by starrmtn001, August 30, 2017, 08:04:01 PM

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Gd5150 on September 08, 2017, 02:11:38 PM
Well unlike brainless idiots like yourself, I'm actually familiar with what I talk about. It's ok we're used to your brainless opinions, keep them coming. They're good for laughs.

A 'brainless idiot' is a tautology. You would have learned that in school but you were too busy paddling it and now you spend your days making excuses for being a failure. It must be fun being an adult and having to suck all your information from the saggy tits of a drug addicted former DJ, but it's easier than reading a book.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gd5150 on September 08, 2017, 02:05:06 PM
What he said, and I know this because I actually listen to his show, which the Demokkkrat media doesn't, was there are corporations who benefit from exaggerating storms and weather. News, big box hardware stores etc... which they do.

How this type of fake news get spread on purpose is someone takes something a non brainless leftwing lemming says and they spin it, misconstrue it, report it. Then the entire DemokkkratMedia who no longer has investigative journalism, and only promotes Demokkkrat propaganda, happily reports it as fact when don't know wtf they're even talking about as usual with the left.

Then brainless idiots like yourself spread it when they have no clue what they're taking about. This is why no one with a brain who can think for themselves listens to the dumpster media anymore. You're welcome, now go educate yourself on reality and stop falling for brainless DemokkkratMedi. Next time you won't embarrass yourself as much.

Please explain for the none believers how this Cat 4-5 hurricane (350 miles across) is faked?

No giggling at the back there Tompkins and Widdle minor as he tells the class how this is possible...

Continue train spotter...the floor is yours.

And here's some referrance for you: It isn't an anti Trump hurricane...And this doesn't cover from 2013 to 2016.

The period from 2000 to the present was marked by several devastating North Atlantic hurricanes; as of 2013, 63 tropical or subtropical cyclones have affected the U.S. state of Florida. Collectively, cyclones in Florida over that period resulted in over $100 billion in damage[10] (2008 USD). Additionally, tropical cyclones in Florida were responsible for 69 direct fatalities and at least 80 indirect ones during the period. Eight cyclones affected the state in both 2003 and 2005, which were the years with the most tropical cyclones impacting the state. Every year included at least one tropical cyclone affecting the state.

The strongest hurricane to hit the state during the period was Hurricane Charley, which was the strongest hurricane to strike the United States since Hurricane Andrew. Additionally, Hurricanes Jeanne, Dennis, Wilma, and Hurricane Ivan made landfall on the state as major hurricanes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Florida_hurricanes

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 08, 2017, 08:54:50 AM
I have a friend near Athens who runs a horse livery stables, and she's opened up a pasture for horses evacuated from Savannah. They'll not get it as bad as down there but might still be lively.

It is not looking so bad for Savannah now but I'd say people who live there ought to still take it very seriously. 

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 08, 2017, 02:30:28 PM
No giggling at the back there Tompkins and Widdle minor as he tells the class how this is possible...

George...don't do that.

Don't tax his feather head. He has to find out what Rush thinks before he's allowed to have an opinion.

Who

Quote from: Gd5150 on September 08, 2017, 02:05:06 PM
What he said, and I know this because I actually listen to his show, which the Demokkkrat media doesn't, was there are corporations who benefit from exaggerating storms and weather. News, big box hardware stores etc... which they do.

It's almost impossible to exaggerate Hurricane Irma which has already devastated the Caribbean and now has Florida in its sights.  More than 98% of the world's climate scientists, including NASA and NOAA, agree climate change is caused by human activity. It's a fact whether circus clowns like Limbaugh believe it or not.

Who benefits from calling it a hoax? The Koch brothers and the fossil fuel industry who own most of Congress.

Quote from: Who on September 08, 2017, 02:35:56 PM
It's almost impossible to exaggerate Hurricane Irma which has already devastated the Caribbean and now has Florida in its sights.  More than 98% of the world's climate scientists, including NASA and NOAA, agree climate change is caused by human activity. It's a fact whether circus clowns like Limbaugh believe it or not.

Who benefits from calling it a hoax? The Koch brothers and the fossil fuel industry who own most of Congress.

This is a normal weather pattern.  What has been unusual is that Florida had a break from hurricanes for about 10 years.  Look up the 30's and 40's and many other decades and you will see that hurricanes in Florida are a part of life there.  So educate yourself and stop with the man-made climate change bs. 

chefist

Quote from: Zetaspeak on September 08, 2017, 01:52:48 PM
Rush Limbaugh Tuesday : Hurricane is a hoax by liberals to push global warming.

Rush Limbaugh Friday  I am getting the hell out of dodge.

The guy is literally a B/W movie villain, by saying everything fine and leaving on the back end. The difference is the townsfolk would be smart enough to run him out of town with pitchforks, dittoheads would just accept the next round of crap he spews.

I listened to the show as well. He did not say that, or even insensate that.

He made the point that climate change fanatics will say this storm is due to global warming, blah, blah...but, if there is a cold spell or large winter storm, they claim "weather is not climate".

Well guess what, hurricanes are weather phenomenon as well.

He was just pointing out the hypocrisy of the climate change cult.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 08, 2017, 02:53:30 PM
This is a normal weather pattern.  What has been unusual is that Florida had a break from hurricanes for about 10 years.  Look up the 30's and 40's and many other decades and you will see that hurricanes in Florida are a part of life there.  So educate yourself and stop with the man-made climate change bs.

I'm not sure I'm willing to trust a science adviser who accepts on faith and the word of a few priests that demonic possession and exorcism is real.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: chefist on September 08, 2017, 03:03:06 PM
I listened to the show as well. He did not say that, or even insensate that.

He WHAT????

SredniVashtar

So, we trust your word - because you always wanted to be a weatherman - over people who have expertise in the subject? Sounds fine to me, but I'm currently smoking crack.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: RobertGhostwolfsGhost on September 08, 2017, 03:06:37 PM
I'm not sure I'm willing to trust a science adviser who accepts on faith and the word of a few priests that demonic possession and exorcism is real.

Hater...you gorgeous human.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: chefist on September 08, 2017, 03:10:18 PM
Jesus...insinuate.  ::)

It's a good job I'm around to catch these errors of yours. God knows what you get up to when I'm not here. Straight redneck I'll be darned.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 08, 2017, 03:10:44 PM
So, we trust your word - because you always wanted to be a weatherman - over people who have expertise in the subject? Sounds fine to me, but I'm currently smoking crack.

Look up the facts yourself about hurricanes and Florida.  It doesn't take a genius to understand them.

Quote from: RobertGhostwolfsGhost on September 08, 2017, 03:06:37 PM

Believe what you will.  Why don't you ask Wiliam Friedkin about that topic?  Don't divert the topic though.  Why the hostility from a couple on here?  Educate yourselves.  Look up Florida and hurricanes over the last 120 years.

Yorkshire pud

The mayor at Key West has said on TV that 25% are not evacuating (Including himself). The worst storm in many decades with a predicted storm surge of anywhere between 6-10 feet is going to take it off the map in one day and a quarter are staying in their homes..

There's no underestimating stupidity.

Who

This is a normal weather pattern.  What has been unusual is that Florida had a break from hurricanes for about 10 years.  Look up the 30's and 40's and many other decades and you will see that hurricanes in Florida are a part of life there.  So educate yourself and stop with the man-made climate change bs.

I don't know where you got your scientific knowledge but I got mine in real university lecture halls and labs. 98.3% of the world's climate scientists including NASA and NOAA tell us man-made climate change is a fact.  Where do you get your information?  George Noory? Rush Limbaugh? Alex Jones?

I hate to be the one to tell you this but the moon landings were real too. And the universe is 13.7 billion years old, not 6,000.  And evolution is real. And dinosaurs didn't walk the earth with humans.

Quote from: Who on September 08, 2017, 03:28:09 PM
I don't know where you got your scientific knowledge but I got mine in real university lecture halls and labs. 98.3% of the world's climate scientists including NASA and NOAA tell us man-made climate change is a fact.  Where do you get your information?  George Noory? Rush Limbaugh? Alex Jones?

I hate to be the one to tell you this but the moon landings were real too. And the universe is 13.7 billion years old, not 6,000.  And evolution is real. And dinosaurs didn't walk the earth with humans.

I'm talking about its relation to Florida and hurricanes.  There storms are nothing abnormal. They have been happening for centuries.  We had a nice break in Florida from hurricanes for 10 years and when they come back some people some people cry  "climate change!"  What a crock!

No I am university educated and follow tropical tidbits and Acccuweather.  I could care less what Rush thinks and I care even less what Alex Jones thinks.  As for the moon landings, the age of the universe, and evolution.  I believe the same as you.

chefist

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 08, 2017, 03:26:33 PM
The mayor at Key West has said on TV that 25% are not evacuating (Including himself). The worst storm in many decades with a predicted storm surge of anywhere between 6-10 feet is going to take it off the map in one day and a quarter are staying in their homes..

There's no underestimating stupidity.

I truly hope not, but I think we're going to see more stories like the Richelieu Manor Apartments in Pass Christian, Miss.

http://www.nola.com/hurricane/index.ssf/2014/08/hurricane_camille_party_what_h.html

SredniVashtar

And dinosaurs didn't walk the earth with humans.

I have video evidence of Raquel Welch in a fur bikini that proves you're full of shit, college boy!

Who

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 08, 2017, 03:32:31 PM
I have video evidence of Raquel Welch in a fur bikini that proves you're full of shit, college boy!

Gd5150

I don't know where you got your scientific knowledge but I got mine in real university lecture halls and labs. 98.3% of the world's climate scientists including NASA and NOAA tell us man-made climate change is a fact.
Consensus is not science: those who use it to suppress uncomfortable ideas prove that they're not practicing science at all. Just religious/political propaganda.

"There are many hypotheses in science which are wrong. To be accepted, new ideas must survive the most rigorous standards of evidence and scrutiny.

The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion or in politics, but it is not the path to knowledge. And there's no place for it in the endeavor of science. The history of our study of the solar system shows clearly that accepted and conventional ideas (consensus) are often wrong and that fundamental insights can arise from the most unexpected sources."

- Carl Sagan

Jackstar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 08, 2017, 03:30:47 PM
There storms are nothing abnormal [...] a nice break in Florida from hurricanes for 10 years

Is there any actual water in your Kool-Aid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5MGxnGWLaA

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 08, 2017, 02:30:28 PM
Please explain for the none believers how this Cat 4-5 hurricane (350 miles across) is faked?

Look who's suddenly a sudden Weather Detective.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 08, 2017, 03:30:47 PM
I'm talking about its relation to Florida and hurricanes.  There storms are nothing abnormal. They have been happening for centuries.  We had a nice break in Florida from hurricanes for 10 years and when they come back some people some people cry  "climate change!"  What a crock!

No I am university educated and follow tropical tidbits and Acccuweather.  I could care less what Rush thinks and I care even less what Alex Jones thinks.

Yes...Hurricanes have hit FL for many many years, but this one is a monster because the oceans are getting warmer, and warm water (especially lots of it like the Atlantic) is the food that hurricanes use. The oceans are getting warmer because they're artificially warming up, glaciers are melting now where they never used to be less than about twenty feet thick.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 08, 2017, 03:45:17 PM
914 mB!!! Jesus  :o

A meteorologist I follow says it has a chance of getting down to 892 mB.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gd5150 on September 08, 2017, 03:47:59 PM
Consensus is not science: those who use it to suppress uncomfortable ideas prove that they're not practicing science at all. Just religious/political propaganda.

"There are many hypotheses in science which are wrong. To be accepted, new ideas must survive the most rigorous standards of evidence and scrutiny.

The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion or in politics, but it is not the path to knowledge. And there's no place for it in the endeavor of science. The history of our study of the solar system shows clearly that accepted and conventional ideas (consensus) are often wrong and that fundamental insights can arise from the most unexpected sources." - Carl Sagan

So explain how this hurricane is faked? Use powerpoint if it helps.