• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Bumper Music

Started by MV/Liberace!, January 24, 2009, 02:28:13 AM

MV/Liberace!

hmm....
i must say, you've got me stumped.  listen to the stream, and if you hear it, take note of the airdate and shoot me a message.

TeddyKGB

Awesome, thanks for time and effort you put into this MV.

You can tell Art had an impeccable taste in music. Rarely does it happen that I enjoy someone else's music. And as I go through the list I keep finding new songs I love.

Cheers for that.

puddintame

Oops.  I am probably about to get jettisoned to Mars, I suppose.  I love 99% of Art's music, but there were (are) some when I couldn't wait to hit the volume control and wait them out.  I never even spent the time to figure out what they were.  One reminded me of jungle drums with a bunch of cannibals marching along to a loud drum beat.  Another one (it may have even been somehow enhanced) was a little ditty with "zooming" and "buzzing" around like a bunch of over-sized and vicious mosquitoes or Kamikaze bombers.

Ha ha.  Difference of opinion, huh?  I admit, I'm old fashioned and like music that is really music and not just racket.

I do not like or appreciate most of Knapp's nor Ian's offerings.  They are just "noise" in my opinion, and not really music. 

Just call me Granny Grump, eh?

(Well, hell.  Shouldn't membership herein be representative of all ages and opinions?)

TeddyKGB

Quote from: puddintame on June 26, 2010, 02:10:41 AMOne reminded me of jungle drums with a bunch of cannibals marching along to a loud drum beat.

lol is that Hooked on a Feeling?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: TeddyKGB on June 26, 2010, 04:06:19 AM

lol is that Hooked on a Feeling?
i think it might be that cusco song that starts out with the pounding drums.

puddintame

Quote from: MV on June 26, 2010, 01:05:55 PM
i think it might be that cusco song that starts out with the pounding drums.

Yeah, I think you've got it, MV. 

EvB

Quote from: puddintame on June 26, 2010, 02:10:41 AM

(Well, hell.  Shouldn't membership herein be representative of all ages and opinions?)

If not - then a few of us need to start packing.

Quote from: puddintame on June 26, 2010, 02:10:41 AM
Oops.  I am probably about to get jettisoned to Mars, I suppose.  I love 99% of Art's music, but there were (are) some when I couldn't wait to hit the volume control and wait them out.  I never even spent the time to figure out what they were.  One reminded me of jungle drums with a bunch of cannibals marching along to a loud drum beat.  Another one (it may have even been somehow enhanced) was a little ditty with "zooming" and "buzzing" around like a bunch of over-sized and vicious mosquitoes or Kamikaze bombers.

I think you mean that Cusco song that goes “hey-ya hey-ya hey yo! / hey-ya hey-ya hey yo!”.  I love that tune.

I don't know about any buzzing, but back in the day, he would apply a phaser effect to all of the music, which would add a strange oscillating whooshing sound over everything. I don't hear the phaser anymore since he moved to the Philippines.

On the other hand, perhaps you're talking about the intense buzzing guitar noise of Spirit in the Sky!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: DoYouThink ItWasAngels on August 01, 2010, 09:47:19 AM
I think you mean that Cusco song that goes “hey-ya hey-ya hey yo! / hey-ya hey-ya hey yo!”.  I love that tune.
lol, yeah, that's the one i was thinking of.

sbscot

On bumper music I hear a song with the words " At night I turn on the radio"

What is the name of this song

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: sbscot on August 02, 2010, 01:55:39 PM
On bumper music I hear a song with the words " At night I turn on the radio"

What is the name of this song
at mikevandeven.com?  or are you hearing this on the show?

The General

A classic Art Bell bump.  Why did he love ABBA so much?

S.O.S. - Abba

Somebody needs to investigate this video for paranormal activity.
I shit my pants with laughter every time at :44 seconds. Every. Time.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: general jamison johnson on August 23, 2010, 10:37:32 PM
why?

The General

Quote from: MV on August 23, 2010, 11:25:45 PM
why?
Seriously? You're not serious.  You just want me to break it down in my own words, right?  Ok.

The camera pans out to reveal that the dude on the left looks like he's dressed up to paint Elton John's house, wearing a puffy gold blouse under super skin tight white polyester bell-bottom overalls, and he's playing what looks like an electric broom.  Hilda and Helga move in synchronized swaying motions wearing dresses with GIANT CATS on them.  Creepy GIANT cats with sequins and goofy (to the point of disturbing) expressions.   And the piana player has his sleeves rolled up on his disco-cowboy shirt like he's dealing cards in a Kenny Rogers video.  There's so much going on here.  But in the foreground?  Flowers.  BRILLIANT.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: general jamison johnson on August 24, 2010, 12:32:13 AM
Quote from: MV on August 23, 2010, 11:25:45 PM
why?
Seriously? You're not serious.  You just want me to break it down in my own words, right?  Ok.

The camera pans out to reveal that the dude on the left looks like he's dressed up to paint Elton John's house, wearing a puffy gold blouse under super skin tight white polyester bell-bottom overalls, and he's playing what looks like an electric broom.  Hilda and Helga move in synchronized swaying motions wearing dresses with GIANT CATS on them.  Creepy GIANT cats with sequins and goofy (to the point of disturbing) expressions.   And the piana player has his sleeves rolled up on his disco-cowboy shirt like he's dealing cards in a Kenny Rogers video.  There's so much going on here.  But in the foreground?  Flowers.  BRILLIANT.
HAHA!  well, ok then.  i guess i have seen so many abba videos that i just don't notice it.

Chupacabra

Thanks For the Link. Montezuma has always been my Fav, Artbells Peru Music changed the feel of the show in a good way.

EvB

QuoteGIANT CATS on them.  Creepy GIANT cats with sequins and goofy (to the   point of disturbing) expressions.

Look again; the blue one is a dog. >grin<

b_dubb

A classic Art Bell bump.  Why did he love ABBA so much?

S.O.S. - Abba

Somebody needs to investigate this video for paranormal activity.

i am guessing its the huge bouquet of flowers that sends you over the edge, eh?  i like how their skin tone and the color of their teeth are basically the same.  ahhhh the 70's

analog kid

This is awesome. I've only heard some of these songs in 48kbps shoutcast streams. They sound great here. Thanks for this.

Stevenqbosell

Quote from: MV on January 24, 2009, 02:28:13 AM
Want to hear Art Bell's bumper music?  Click here:
http://www.MikeVandeven.com/

update:  this was previously working ONLY for those using internet explorer.  what a travesty.  i think i have resolved this issue.  please let me know if you experience any problems.

Cant believe I just noticed this, i just spent the last 30 mins reminiscing over classic Art, and that deep voice saying "Wanna take a ride...? East Of the rockies..."

Thank you so much for this

Marc.Knight

Art had a thing for Las Ketchup.  Ummm, I did too.

Ketchup song original and full

Stevenqbosell

Quote from: analog kid on October 28, 2010, 08:18:26 PM
This is awesome. I've only heard some of these songs in 48kbps shoutcast streams. They sound great here. Thanks for this.

I totally forogt to mention that, I don't recognize a lot of them at 1st, because the quality is fantastic. Even if it's 128Kbps, or heck even 96kbps, it's still light years clearer than the way i've been listening to them on Anomolies download links, which aren't really optimized for music...

Once again, thank you

HAL 9000

While I appreciate the effort, there were many songs which were not even the originals versions. I fixed as many as I could - I downloaded the set a few years back.

Here are the revised and corrected verions. Mistakes may till exist:

http://rapidshare.com/files/379878010/Art.Bell.Bumpers.01.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/379857089/Art.Bell.Bumpers.02.zip

I uploaded these way before RS upped their upload ,imit to 500MB, so is in two files.

EvB

Thanks so much - they sound GREAT!

Stevenqbosell

Quote from: EvB on November 23, 2010, 12:20:27 PM
Thanks so much - they sound GREAT!

Ditto with EvB, these are awesome, thank you so much... they were so popular, I had to wait a few hours to DL them, all the free slots were taken, lol.... Thank you so much again, this is one awesome community of C2C fans

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Stevenqbosell on November 22, 2010, 04:35:05 PM
Quote from: MV on January 24, 2009, 02:28:13 AM
Want to hear Art Bell's bumper music?  Click here:
http://www.MikeVandeven.com/

update:  this was previously working ONLY for those using internet explorer.  what a travesty.  i think i have resolved this issue.  please let me know if you experience any problems.

Cant believe I just noticed this, i just spent the last 30 mins reminiscing over classic Art, and that deep voice saying "Wanna take a ride...? East Of the rockies..."

Thank you so much for this
wow, i thought everyone already knew about this.  glad u enjoyed it!

i haven't updated that list of songs in a few years.  i need to get back in there and do so.  a couple of them are not the correct versions, and some are missing.

iain42

This is my first post. I've been revisiting the old Art Bell shows and I wish he was back for good. The new hosts are terrible I can't stand them. It is good to see that at least I am not alone in that opinion.

On a road trip with my girlfriend we listened to several Art Bell shows. She really enjoyed them but now she is driving me crazy because she wants to know what a particular song is that was used as bumper music. I've searched youtube and the released cds but can not find the song. It sounds like a latin girl singing softly something like "boomba do you feel my heart beating"? Does anyone know what that song is?

Marc.Knight

Quote from: iain42 on December 02, 2010, 10:21:26 AM
[size=78%]This is my first post. I've been revisiting the old Art Bell shows and I wish he was back for good. The new hosts are terrible I can't stand them. It is good to see that at least I am not alone in that opinion.[/size]

[size=78%]On a road trip with my girlfriend we listened to several Art Bell shows. She really enjoyed them but now she is driving me crazy because she wants to know what a particular song is that was used as bumper music. I've searched youtube and the released cds but can not find the song. It sounds like a latin girl singing softly something like "boomba do you feel my heart beating"? Does anyone know what that song is?[/size]
[size=78%]

Download

http://www.amazon.com/Boom-Ba/dp/B001P1JRSE

[/size]Boom Boom Ba - Metisse , Dead Like Me

iain42

Thank you very much. I just sent it to her.  8)

HAL 9000

Bummer - I'm a little too late... here is the song you wanted (or anyone for that matter.)

Soundcloud is a pretty cool place - they give you 2 hours (has nothing to do with filesize) of music/audio time to store - you can just listen, or download too.

Mediafire is the original mp3 - save 99¢ :)

http://soundcloud.com/digitalwizard/art-bell-bumpers-boom-boom-ba
http://www.mediafire.com/?yo2yfqdt6byugn3

The one you got may have DRM built-in - the one's above, of course, do not.