• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random Political Thoughts

Started by MV/Liberace!, February 08, 2012, 10:50:42 AM

analog kid

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 08, 2013, 06:41:28 PM

Which part of that is hypocritical?  Jimmy Carter wasn't  much much more naive and foolish in foreign policy than Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, or Bush II?  Ok, Bush II was really lousy, that doesn't mean Carter wasn't.

Or the part about the 'Progresssives' never looking forward or back to see or consider the damage of their policies?  Even the Establishment Republicans do this at times - the 'Progressives' never do, not ever.  They just get more shrill and double down.  Conservative policies tend to work when implemented.  Please don't confuse the Establishment R's with Conservatives - that's actually a big part of the miscommunication in our body politic.

Sorry. Was referring specifically to this.

QuoteBumbling Presidents do matter, poor foreign policy will get people killed, pretending people are friendly and no threat when they tell us the opposite isn't worth the consequences down the road.

I really wish the 'Progressives' would look in the rear view mirror once in awhile to see the chaos they've caused, to go beyond the good feelings they get from implementing new polices and consider future consequences.  It seems like too often it's about emotions and feeling good about themselves rather than what works or is really the best solution.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 08, 2013, 06:21:34 PM

As usual, when it comes right down to it, these people have nothing left but smears.

Smear? I thought it was quite complimentary..If anything I held back from being particularly vituperative.

To tell the truth, I don't really care if you and the rest of Western Europe want to hand your countries over to the Muslims -

Everytime you ratchet up your hate o'meter the deeper the hole...Still, if we do hand it over to the Muslims, it'll make a change from Romans, Normans, Angles, Saxons, Catholic Church and Vikings.. The Romans were damn good road builders. The Vikings damn good at rape and pillage. The Vatican damn good at ensuring widespread poverty, scientific castration, paranioa of hell and damnation...Various things since about 1170 brought the political/religious troubles in Northern Ireland (aided and abetted in no small part by certain sections of the USA--We had terrorism long before most in the USA had heard of it)..and the Anglo Saxons? Oh they gave us our colourful language particularly profanities.

they are quite serious in their goals even if you are not - although it kind of makes the US sacrifices in WWI and WWII pointless and a mistake, and that's unfortunate, but please don't come ask us to bail you out again.  I think it will be too late this time.

As you have about 0.0000001% influence on any political administration that may be in power, I think it's a bit arrogant of you to speak for the rest of your countrymen and women, don't you? Can you explain in simple terms how Muslims would physically take over the USA? In the same way, oh I dunno, China IS taking over the USA? You know China owns amongst other things the Panama canal don't you? Almost all US debt is in hock to the Chinese..That's before you deal in the corporations that have major Chinese influence.

I said it before, it isn't the Muslims you need to be afraid of..You'll be bent over and forced to take it like a bitch long before any Muslim invasion. And that suits the Chinese just fine. While you're getting all worked into a lather about the bogeyman, the real danger is stood under your nose.

Juan

Once again, you're factually wrong, Yorkie.  The Native Americans in 1170 didn't know Northern Ireland existed.  Most American debt is not owned by the Chinese - it's owned by the Federal Reserve.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: UFO Fill on January 09, 2013, 04:56:05 AM
Once again, you're factually wrong, Yorkie.  The Native Americans in 1170 didn't know Northern Ireland existed.

I didn't say they did; but modern Americans in the 70's and 80's did. And regularly held fund raising dinners in order to get money for the PIRA. PIRA were and are a terrorist organisation. Can you imagine the uproar if British captains of industry with tacit government approval  had fund raising dinners for Al Qaeda? The PIRA (for those not familiar) murdered civilians and anyone who crossed them. Planting bombs in shopping centres, buses, pubs railway stations- the reason litter bins were removed from railway stations was because of the PIRA. (it's where they planted bombs).

I mentioned 1170, because it's the point from where the Irish troubles can be sourced to.

Most American debt is not owned by the Chinese - it's owned by the Federal Reserve.

Debt Held by the Public - Foreign governments and investors hold 48% of the nation's public debt. The next largest part (21%) is held by other governmental entities, like the Federal Reserve and state and local governments. Fifteen percent is held by mutual funds, private pension funds, savings bonds or individual Treasury notes. The rest (16%) is held by businesses, like banks, and insurance companies and a mish-mash of trusts, businesses and investors. Here's the breakout:

Foreign -
     $5.311 trillion
    Federal Reserve - $1.66 trillion
    State and Local Government, including their pension funds - $709.1 billion
    Mutual Funds - $864.9 billion
    Private Pension Funds - $605.2 billion
    Banks - $305.2 billion
    Insurance Companies - $259.1 billion
    U.S. Savings Bonds - $184.7 billion
    Other (individuals, government-sponsored enterprises, brokers and dealers, bank personal trusts and estates, corporate and non-corporate businesses, and other investors) - $1.14 trillion. (Federal Reserve as of Januray 2, 2013; All others as of June 2012. Source: Treasury Bulletin, Ownership of Federal Securities, Table OFS-2)
http://useconomy.about.com/od/monetarypolicy/f/Who-Owns-US-National-Debt.htm

The vast majority of foreign debt is owned by the Chinese. Agree; most of the total debt is being serviced by your pensions and other investments, but either way. It's swamped by what is owed to overseas institutions.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 09, 2013, 03:44:05 AM
... Still, if we do hand it over to the Muslims, it'll make a change from Romans, Normans, Angles, Saxons, Catholic Church and Vikings.. The Romans were damn good road builders. The Vikings damn good at rape and pillage. The Vatican damn good at ensuring widespread poverty, scientific castration, paranioa of hell and damnation...Various things since about 1170 brought the political/religious troubles in Northern Ireland (aided and abetted in no small part by certain sections of the USA--We had terrorism long before most in the USA had heard of it)..and the Anglo Saxons? Oh they gave us our colourful language particularly profanities...

Our ancestors in the British Isles at least gave the invaders a fight.  Given this history, do you really want to just roll over this time?

... Can you explain in simple terms how Muslims would physically take over the USA?...

I used to think enough people are diligent here and anything like that wouldn't happen.  Now, not so sure.

Numbers and sheer will - population, birth rate, complete lack of interest in coming here to be Americans.  Walking around town still in in burkas, dirty nightshirts, the whole costume.  Not fitting in at all, or even interested in that.   How is that in our best interest as a country?  For the emotionalism of feeling 'inclusive' and 'diverse'?  Their clerics at some point tell them it's ok to rape Western women because they aren't covered up, in certain places in their new countries - as a foothood is gained - music, etc is banned.  How is that beneficial?  I doubt if large scale terror projects are that far off - in response, people become even more eager to appease.

I think I mentioned Islam is not just a religion, it's also a set of laws and an outline for government.  It is thus incompatible with the West and our freedoms and personal liberty.  Completely incompatible.  These people are still fighting the Crusades, whether the rest of us are or not.

Everything from schools in England banning traditional hot cross buns for school kids - because the Muslims are 'uncomfortable', and 'offended' - to thier own parallel court system.  Again, why?

... In the same way, oh I dunno, China IS taking over the USA? You know China owns amongst other things the Panama canal don't you? Almost all US debt is in hock to the Chinese..That's before you deal in the corporations that have major Chinese influence.

I said it before, it isn't the Muslims you need to be afraid of..You'll be bent over and forced to take it like a bitch long before any Muslim invasion. And that suits the Chinese just fine. While you're getting all worked into a lather about the bogeyman, the real danger is stood under your nose.

China is a different kind of problem, more of a  sometimes friendly competitor that's eating our lunch right now than a hostile death cult with too many leaders focused on a world-wide caliphate.

China is mostly focused on securing minerals and farmland in Africa right now, and wants to turn the Pacific from a US sphere of influence to theirs.  But not a physical threat within our borders. 

How long do you think a Chinese outpost in the Panama Canal could hold up to the US Navy?

Juan

Various things since about 1170 brought the political/religious troubles in Northern Ireland (aided and abetted in no small part by certain sections of the USA--
How else would one interpret this, then?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: UFO Fill on January 09, 2013, 08:48:07 AM
How else would one interpret this, then?

Ahhh, okay, I'll cede that one; I should have said aided and abetted by certain sections in the USA centuries later.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 07, 2013, 03:05:04 PM

The moles?  Well, there's Huma Abedin - the Deputy Chief of Staff and top advisor on Arabic Affairs to Hillary at State - for starters.  Unless she's the only person in her family NOT in the Muslim Brotherhood.

http://www.investigativeproject.org/3869/egyptian-magazine-muslim-brotherhood-infiltrates

Thank goodness we have the good folks on the far right, and their friends in the media, to protect us from the Brotherhood and their desired Caliphate.

Unless...

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/01/west_on_rupert_murdochs_ikhwannabe_tv.html

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on January 10, 2013, 10:31:19 PM

Thank goodness we have the good folks on the far right, and their friends in the media, to protect us from the Brotherhood and their desired Caliphate.

Unless...

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/01/west_on_rupert_murdochs_ikhwannabe_tv.html

Thanks for posting that link.  Additional examples of what the Muslim Brotherhood are about.   It's actually scary to realize how inexperienced the current administration is, then to realize the influence the Brotherhood has with them.  And shame on Robert Murdoch for being involved with their TV network.  Probably at the corporate level investments and content are more about growth and market share than ideology, but that's no excuse for having ties to this kind of stuff. 

None of the media outlets are to be trusted, never have been.   

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 11, 2013, 02:48:23 AM

Thanks for posting that link.  Additional examples of what the Muslim Brotherhood are about.   It's actually scary to realize how inexperienced the current administration is, then to realize the influence the Brotherhood has with them.  And shame on Robert Murdoch for being involved with their TV network.  Probably at the corporate level investments and content are more about growth and market share than ideology, but that's no excuse for having ties to this kind of stuff. 

None of the media outlets are to be trusted, never have been.

LOL!  So I guess you get your facts from the paper boy and not the paper?

We have the ability to get more facts as citizens than we ever have, thanks to the internet, and instead we go to scurilous biased websites that lie to us.  I really do lose faith in humanity sometimes...

analog kid

Is that Michelle Malkin?

Quote from: somatic hypermutation on January 18, 2013, 11:52:14 PM
LOL!  So I guess you get your facts from the paper boy and not the paper?

We have the ability to get more facts as citizens than we ever have, thanks to the internet, and instead we go to scurilous biased websites that lie to us.  I really do lose faith in humanity sometimes...

Scurilous biased websites.  This stuff has been standard commentary from the Muslim Brotherhood for years, probably since day one.  People that were aware of them before just a few months ago know this.

You seem to have faith in Big Media and Obama.  Even Obama - even Obama - couldn't pretend these people were lied about by scurilous websites.  Here is the AP on the CBS website from this week:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/white-house-condemns-comments-egypts-morsi-18221668

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 19, 2013, 03:17:57 AM

Scurilous biased websites.  This stuff has been standard commentary from the Muslim Brotherhood for years, probably since day one.  People that were aware of them before just a few months ago know this.

You're kidding right? It's the usual conpiracy theorist tack; imply that what is on the wires was common knowledge by the few who had been waiting for the moment to say 'We told you so'..The same people who couldn't find North Africa in an atlas if it was marked in red marker pen.

You seem to have faith in Big Media and Obama.  Even Obama - even Obama - couldn't pretend these people were lied about by scurilous websites.  Here is the AP on the CBS website from this week:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/white-house-condemns-comments-egypts-morsi-18221668
It's big media, no faith in it. Especially ABC news. Oh the irony!

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 19, 2013, 03:35:43 AM

You're kidding right? It's the usual conpiracy theorist tack; imply that what is on the wires was common knowledge by the few who had been waiting for the moment to say 'We told you so'..The same people who couldn't find North Africa in an atlas if it was marked in red marker pen...

Seriously?  You think all Americans are unaware of the world out there, or just the ones that don't agree with you?  I can assure you the theft of the Revolution by the Muslim Brotherhood wasn't a surprise to everyone, and their current comentary is nothing new to some either.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 19, 2013, 03:35:43 AM
...   It's big media, no faith in it. Especially ABC news. Oh the irony!

You guys don't like links to anyone but the Obama Media, so now when you get a link to the AP or ABC, you don't like that either.  Don't know what to tell you.  I guess no matter how often your worldview is exposed as wrong, you're just not going to give it up.  One of the nicer terms for that is 'close-minded'.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 19, 2013, 04:41:32 AM

Seriously?  You think all Americans are unaware of the world out there, or just the ones that don't agree with you?  I can assure you the theft of the Revolution by the Muslim Brotherhood wasn't a surprise to everyone, and their current comentary is nothing new to some either.

No; I think MOST Americans are unaware of the big wide world, not all. When you say the theft of the revolution; you're aware are you not that most Arabs are muslim? Whether you or I agree with any strategic plans of any religion (I include right wing Christian nutjobs who believe the Earth is 6000 years old and Humans are not evolved from space soup; not because they use science, but because it 'fits' their version of the world), is irrelevant.

And while you continue your not so veiled anti anything not white, right wing, gun toting it's worth reminding you that most Christian nutjobs are in the USA. The same nutjobs who cheer when YOUR troops get killed in Afghanistan, and picket funerals; The same nutjobs who were intending to picket the church where the familes of those children who were murdered in Sandy Hook, held a service. I'm an aethist, but I wouldn't dream of being so catastrophically cruel to those who will get no peace from now on, but they hold onto the comfort communion gives them. Is the right wing fraternity the the caring sharing side of Christianity?

You guys don't like links to anyone but the Obama Media, so now when you get a link to the AP or ABC, you don't like that either.  Don't know what to tell you.  I guess no matter how often your worldview is exposed as wrong, you're just not going to give it up.  One of the nicer terms for that is 'close-minded'.

Oh foul! I didn't 'not like the link' I was drawing attention to you saying (Which I highlighted "You seem to have faith in Big Media and Obama") that you then went on to link to. (Hence why I said 'Oh the irony'). You either have faith in 'big' media or you don't. I was pointing out your self inflicted dichotomy. It's quite laughable you complain of others' closed minds! You'd make Benjamin Netanyahu blush!

Yorkshire.  I disagree, Netanyahu has lost the ability to blush.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 19, 2013, 06:22:16 AM

No; I think MOST Americans are unaware of the big wide world, not all. When you say the theft of the revolution; you're aware are you not that most Arabs are muslim? Whether you or I agree with any strategic plans of any religion...

Many voices in Eqypt are bravely speaking out against the new dictator

... And while you continue your not so veiled anti anything not white, right wing, gun toting...

Oh, here we go.   Everyone that doesn't agree with someone on the Left is ultimately some sort of racist.  How very predictable. 

Yes I think many (most?) of the Muslims are a threat - to each other, to their neighbors within the predominently Muslim countries, to neighboring countries, and to the West.  It's true I don't care for the threats or for the violence or the people involved or that support it. 

By the way, you do realize Muslims are well represented in all races, right?

Maher has it about right: Bill Maher: 2nd Amendment Is Not Under Attack, But All Your Other Rights Are

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/bill-maher-second-amendment-is-not-under-attack-but-all-your-other-rights-are/

And lets not go back to this kind of country, a Bulgarian politician had someone storm the stage, put a gun to his head and pull the trigger today.  Luckily it misfired.

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2013/01/19/would-be_assassin_fails_in_attempt_on_bulgarian_politician.html

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 19, 2013, 12:47:03 PM

Many voices in Eqypt are bravely speaking out against the new dictator

Yes indeed they are. But what has that to do with most Americans not knowing about the wider world?

Oh, here we go.   Everyone that doesn't agree with someone on the Left is ultimately some sort of racist.  How very predictable. 

I'm not on the left. And I didn't say that everyone who disagrees with anyone on the left is racist; you did.

Yes I think many (most?) of the Muslims are a threat - to each other, to their neighbors within the predominently Muslim countries, to neighboring countries, and to the West.  It's true I don't care for the threats or for the violence or the people involved or that support it. 

So having mass arming of the population is a bad thing then? Those Kalashnikovs are pretty mean weapons when used as intended.

By the way, you do realize Muslims are well represented in all races, right?

Indeed I do; I have friends of several different religious persuasions. Muslim guy and his family live across the road from me; One of my best friends is Jewish.. The difference between you and me, is I see the person, you see the religion.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 19, 2013, 01:53:21 PM

Yes indeed they are. But what has that to do with most Americans not knowing about the wider world?

You implied that the revolution hasn't been stolen because the Egyptians - being mostly all Muslims - were behind the Brotherhood now and anyone that didn't agree couldn't find North Africa on a map.  Or something.  Then you went into the world being 6000 years old.  Sorry if I missed your original point.

I'm not on the left. And I didn't say that everyone who disagrees with anyone on the left is racist; you did.

What did you mean then about me being 'thinly veiled anti anything not white'?  One thing I'm not is 'thinly veiled'.  Another thing I'm not is anti everything not white.  When you turn to the tired old Leftist smear lines, what am I supposed to think?  They are the only ones I know of that routinely accuse people that don't agree with them of racism.

Indeed I do; I have friends of several different religious persuasions. Muslim guy and his family live across the road from me; One of my best friends is Jewish.. The difference between you and me, is I see the person, you see the religion.

I'm speaking of Muslims in the macro sense. Any individual can be a peaceful good person and good neighbor.  But the history of violence is long - centuries and centuries of it non-stop, they really do say the things they are reported as saying, Islam really is not compatable with democracy, the ex-Muslims have been quite vocal speaking out about the level of trust we should have, there is a reality that shows up in the news every single day. 

I just don't think it's smart to import these people - even if just one in a hundred has terrorist tendencies it's too many.

No; I think MOST Americans are unaware of the big wide world...

Let me ask you this:  were you surprised that the most recent mass kidnapping happened in the Muslim world?  Were you surprised the Algerian military chose to attack instead of trying a little diplomacy, pretty much ensuring the hostages would die? 

Looks like Algeria went in without consultation with the West. 

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/01/18/us-uk-and-other-nations-angry-but-constrained-over-algerian-silence-on-hostage/

As for your conspiracy theories on Muslims.  Do you have any facts or just innuendo?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 19, 2013, 05:50:01 PM

You implied that the revolution hasn't been stolen because the Egyptians - being mostly all Muslims

You inferred it. I pointed out the demograph.

- were behind the Brotherhood now and anyone that didn't agree couldn't find North Africa on a map.  Or something.  Then you went into the world being 6000 years old.  Sorry if I missed your original point.

No need to apologise; I know that multiple facets within the same post might be confusing, but you'll get there: unless of course you're being deliberately obtuse and know full well what I was saying, but the criticism of right wing Christian nutjobs wasn't something you can contemplate.

What did you mean then about me being 'thinly veiled anti anything not white'?  One thing I'm not is 'thinly veiled'.  Another thing I'm not is anti everything not white.  When you turn to the tired old Leftist smear lines, what am I supposed to think?  They are the only ones I know of that routinely accuse people that don't agree with them of racism.
You can think what you like; my advice is don't always believe what you think. 

I'm speaking of Muslims in the macro sense. Any individual can be a peaceful good person and good neighbor.  But the history of violence is long - centuries and centuries of it non-stop, they really do say the things they are reported as saying, Islam really is not compatible with democracy, the ex-Muslims have been quite vocal speaking out about the level of trust we should have, there is a reality that shows up in the news every single day.

Really? Can you point to the long history (Centuries and centuries) of Islamic violence? Are we talking prehistory, or the last ten centuries? Remembering of course that documented history is a relatively new thing, (And that in itself is mainly story telling) and restricted to those societies where the few learned ones wrote Latin, Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek in the west, various Chinese, Austro-Asiatic and dozens of other languages in the east, most of those character languages and pretty much all stories taught by rote with concomitant embellishments. Most Muslims don't speak or write in any of those, but frequently Urdu/Hindi..Although that is derived from Turkic, Persian and Arabic over centuries. Islam itself is only about 1400 years old. I know maths isn't my strong suit but even I know Christianity is older than that, and hasn't been the most peaceful of religions in getting it's particular indoctrination across.

Might I also suggest you look up the recent and not so recent 'peaceful' interventions of the USA (Principally Christian) in foreign countries? Grenada? Nicaragua? Columbia? Indonesia (1963), Vietnam, Panama.. You think Iraq under Saddam Hussein was armed because they happened across weapons, aircraft and ammunition (oh and nerve gas) they found in the desert?

I just don't think it's smart to import these people - even if just one in a hundred has terrorist tendencies it's too many.

Indeed; you have enough potential terrorists of your own; but as long as you're sure everyone armed to the teeth is a good guy, and you know precisely who the potential nutjob is, you'll be fine... Incidentally what is the difference between being killed by a terrorist and a disciple of Alex Jones; are you less dead if shot by the disciple?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: somatic hypermutation on January 20, 2013, 01:33:26 AM
Looks like Algeria went in without consultation with the West. 

Difficult one. Latest news is that several foreign nationals are classed as missing. Algeria has only recently come through a civil war, over 100 000 people died. Their special forces are trained by the western SF. When the full story comes out, it could be the cas that they moved in for very good reason, and simply hadn't the luxury of informing let alone asking permission (why would they? It's their country) of other governments. Whatever the final outcome, the tragedy is the loss of life of the workers there.   

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 20, 2013, 02:44:47 AM
... Indeed; you have enough potential terrorists of your own; but as long as you're sure everyone armed to the teeth is a good guy, and you know precisely who the potential nutjob is, you'll be fine... Incidentally what is the difference between being killed by a terrorist and a disciple of Alex Jones; are you less dead if shot by the disciple?

Alex Jones?  Are his fans out shooting people?  If they were, or if the NRA members were, or if anyone the media could somehow construe as 'right-wing' did ever turn out to be the perp in one of these massacres, Big Media would never let us hear the end of it.

As I've told you before, nearly all the gun crime in the US comes out of the inner city.  Where Obama has the support of roughly100 % of the residents.  Which is why the Ds always want to go after the law-abiding gun owners instead of the criminals with guns.

So let me rephrase your question into something a little more realistic: 

Q:  "What is the difference between being killed by a terrorist and a supporter of Barrack Obama?" 

A:  Not much.  So lets stop being soft on crime and leave the honest people alone to keep their guns for self protection.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 20, 2013, 01:59:28 PM

Alex Jones?  Are his fans out shooting people?  If they were, or if the NRA members were, or if anyone the media could somehow construe as 'right-wing' did ever turn out to be the perp in one of these massacres, Big Media would never let us hear the end of it.

Wasn't the guy who shot up the cinema an Alex Jones fan? I seem to remember a bit of back peddling by the calm and measured Jones after that one.

As I've told you before, nearly all the gun crime in the US comes out of the inner city.  Where Obama has the support of roughly100 % of the residents.  Which is why the Ds always want to go after the law-abiding gun owners instead of the criminals with guns.

That's a relief; I was under the impression gun crime had been ongoing long before Obama took office..oh wait it was. And wasn't it Bush's administration that made some restriction when it came to guns in 2003-4, and upset the gun lobby? And wasn't it Bush who brought in the so called Patriot act? Now when it comes to taking freedom away that's a doozy. Granted, Obama didn't revoke that, and maybe he should have, if he got it through that is.

So let me rephrase your question into something a little more realistic: 

Q:  "What is the difference between being killed by a terrorist and a supporter of Barrack Obama?" 

A:  Not much.  So lets stop being soft on crime and leave the honest people alone to keep their guns for self protection.

I agree, stop being soft on crime. Over here though, we have police forces and psychological profiling (and of course give a good reason for rifle/shotgun ownership-self defence isn't one of them, unless you're protection squad or Armed response unit) before a gun licence is approved and issued.

So presumably you'd be also wishing that nutjobs were denied weapons--thing is though, because of your 300 plus year old parchment, you can't drag yourself into doing what is sensible. Incidentally wasn't a 7 year old apprehended in a school last week with a gun? But fortunately the plod initiated that fantastic phrase only ripped muscles can use with authority 'Lock down'..Boy I bet the planning meeting for that two worder went through some caffeine. Still didn't stop the 7 year old taking the gun to school though.

The General

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 20, 2013, 03:28:37 PM

Wasn't the guy who shot up the cinema an Alex Jones fan? I seem to remember a bit of back peddling by the calm and measured Jones after that one.
he probably ate tomatoes, too.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 20, 2013, 02:50:26 AM

Difficult one. Latest news is that several foreign nationals are classed as missing. Algeria has only recently come through a civil war, over 100 000 people died. Their special forces are trained by the western SF. When the full story comes out, it could be the cas that they moved in for very good reason, and simply hadn't the luxury of informing let alone asking permission (why would they? It's their country) of other governments. Whatever the final outcome, the tragedy is the loss of life of the workers there.

BP would probably argue otherwise. I keep picturing Hugh Millais as Endean in one of my favorite films, The Dogs of War. "This country is bought and paid for!!"

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 20, 2013, 03:28:37 PM
... because of your 300 plus year old parchment...

Lol.  Has it been that long already?