• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

nomobjustice

Quote from: Luna on November 04, 2013, 07:10:03 PM
You are awesome. I'm freaking out a bit, I was soo happy having art back! 

Let's keep emailing SiriusXM, telling them how much we are looking forward to new shoes!

listenercare@siriusxm.com
No

Quote from: analog kid on November 04, 2013, 07:12:57 PM
I wonder if it was Paul who put up that temporary show schedule that said something like "jack and shit."

Wow, was that actually on the website? I thought that the General just made it up.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: alleyrulez on November 04, 2013, 07:13:27 PM
any theory as to what kind of contract Art had with Sirius?

a breakable one.

alleyrulez

Quote from: NefariousBanana on November 04, 2013, 07:13:39 PM
What I'm curious about is whether or not a non-compete clause was part of Art's contract with SiriusXM.  If so, we might not be hearing Art again for a looooooong time, if at all.

I don't think Art would have gone with a "non-compete clause" again.

bateman

Quote from: Derpspiracy on November 04, 2013, 07:07:06 PM
Question: Has anybody directly emailed Paul or Keith? The few times that I emailed Paul about technical problems with the stream (like he said to), he was always very prompt with a reply (and extremely nice!). If anything, maybe they could provide an explanation.

I emailed Paul, Keith & Art. Also no response.

Marc.Knight

You are awesome. I'm freaking out a bit, I was soo happy having art back! 

Let's keep emailing SiriusXM, telling them how much we are looking forward to new shoes!

listenercare@siriusxm.com

I have enough new shoes, thanks.

Designx

What I'm curious about is whether or not a non-compete clause was part of Art's contract with SiriusXM.  If so, we might not be hearing Art again for a looooooong time, if at all.

Seriously? Do you think Art would be that dumb to sign a non-compete contract after all the crap he has went through? I think a lack of such contract was part of the deal to get him back on air.

Quote from: bateman on November 04, 2013, 07:15:57 PM

In the end is was without warning.

Quote from: Philosopher on November 04, 2013, 07:14:33 PM

What company would want to take a chance with him after this?

His own.  Art should have done podcasting in the first place, to be honest.  Less revenue, but a lot more creative control.  But a non-compete would prevent him from even starting his own show independently.  And the contracts usually last like 2 years.

Luna

Quote from: guildnavigator on November 04, 2013, 07:13:38 PM
I mostly feel the same as you do. But honestly, I've had the same pair of chucks for a few years and even though they are falling apart, and near being replaced, new shoes won't do much to brighten my day after this non-announcement. And I doubt sirius even cares about my shoes anyway.
Yeah... but thanks for humouring me and letting me me hold on a little longer. ^^

I'm going to go punch the burrito truck until I get arrested. See you all on COPS.

Quote from: bateman on November 04, 2013, 07:15:57 PM

I emailed Paul. 

No subject:

is it over?

Desmond

No, I doubt there would be such a clause.  I'm sure Art was not an employee of SXM and was simply being paid to provide a product and use SXM as the delivery method.  As savvy as AB is, no way is he doing a show and signing a NC clause because in the first place, he doesn't need a job, and after his experiences in the past, he is going to be sure he owns his product.  I'm sure he owns every thing about it and has complete control, as he mentioned on air, that's what made SXM attractive to him.

If DM the show was dead, why update the DM website with tonights replay?  Why would he care if anyone listened to SXM again?   I think you may see a scenario where AB streams live on his site and allows SXM  to replay his DM material for the remainder of the 3 yr contract.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: MV on November 04, 2013, 06:23:38 PM
my instincts tell me we should let some dust settle, here.

THIS.

Everyone calm down. Art is either playing hard ball or will be doing a show fully online (with an app for android and iPhone) or he will be back on the air tomorrow night.

Art was clearly having a blast with dark matter and with broadcasting again. I don't think this is the end.

3OctaveFart

Glad I didn't order Sirius, and was close to doing so.

Catsmile

Quote from: analog kid on November 04, 2013, 07:05:34 PM
Clyde Lewis blows monkey chunks. I'd rather listen to Jorch and the numbers lady initiate a menage e trois with Evelyn Paglini.
Goddamnit, I can't unsee what I just read. EW, EWfucking, EW!
Hunts for the brain bleach!

analog kid

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 04, 2013, 07:19:37 PM
Dave's going to be happy!!

He's already breaking out the backdoor meatloaf and boxwine.

Quote from: SaucyRossy on November 04, 2013, 07:19:49 PM
THIS.

Everyone calm down. Art is either playing hard ball or will be doing a show fully online (with an app for android and iPhone) or he will be back on the air tomorrow night.

Art was clearly having a blast with dark matter and with broadcasting again. I don't think this is the end.

I dunno man, you know as well as I do that he has done this so many times before. Great one night, gone the next... been happening ...for YEARS.

Bellgab is in full freakout mode!!!
Wr 104 is comming!

analog kid

Quote from: Catsmile on November 04, 2013, 07:20:25 PM
Goddamnit, I can't unsee what I just read. EW, EWfucking, EW!
Hunts for the brain bleach!

I took that a little too far. Sorry.  :D

eddie dean

The  Facebook post might have been in anger or in the heat of the moment. Why else would the entire thing be taken down after  a short while, other than a hack. If this was a done deal and the show is 100% gone, then why not leave the FB comment up?
If Art never comes back to Dark Matter we will probably get a cripitic message like "the blowing winds are winding down folks". Similar to what we got from him in the past 2 years. His fans speculated  about the hidden meanings, same as today. IF he is quitting for good I dont really expect much of an explanation from him. Maybe another "Stay Tunned, I will someday tell you about SXM, but now is not the time."
I am still holding on to hope that this is not the end of art's broadcasting  career.
Art wants what Art wants.

The General

What next?
"DARK MATTER with Mike Siegel?"

FML

morphiaflow

Quote from: guildnavigator on November 04, 2013, 07:11:13 PM
WTF, I'm googling the phrase "art bell" and going through the news section, and there's an article about Paul Moller (the flying car guy) and it says that he's supposed to be a guest for four hours. WTF, THE SHOW WASN'T SUPPOSED TO END DAMNIT.

This is like season 2 of twin peaks all over again

Gods, I loved season 2....

To all the people who are saying he only got hacked:  Stage 1.

MV/Liberace!

what?

Quote from: eddie dean on November 04, 2013, 07:22:32 PM
The  Facebook post might have been in anger or in the heat of the moment. Why else would the entire thing be taken down after  a short while, other than a hack. If this was a done deal and the show is 100% gone, then why not leave the FB comment up?
If Art never comes back to Dark Matter we will probably get a cripitic message like "the blowing winds are winding down folks". Similar to what we got from him in the past 2 years. His fans speculated  about the hidden meanings, same as today. IF he is quitting for good I dont really expect much of an explanation from him. Maybe another "Stay Tunned, I will someday tell you about SXM, but now is not the time."
I am still holding on to hope that this is not the end of art's broadcasting  career.
Art wants what Art wants.

I feel like he took it down because everyone is going to turn on him like a bunch of rabid zombies if they haven't already. Facebook gets nasty, and he's got a lot of hate brewed up right now.

ItsOver

This whole situation sucks.  Dave Noorie always sucks.

Quote from: guildnavigator on November 04, 2013, 07:24:29 PM
I feel like he took it down because everyone is going to turn on him like a bunch of rabid zombies if they haven't already. Facebook gets nasty, and he's got a lot of hate brewed up right now.

Art's got a huge "boy who cried wolf" persona going on right now.  Next time he announces his return, everyone's gonna be cynical as to when he's gonna quit next.