• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

WGN 720 AM Talk Radio

Started by fabucat, December 17, 2011, 09:50:46 PM

fabucat

I've been avoiding Jorsh and more often tuning into this station.  Even though I live in the DC area, I can pick it up pretty well.  If you want smart, non-hating radio, that isn't PC NPR, you might dig this station, which is available in 30 states.  For 26 years up until last week, they had on this married couple, Steve and Johnnie, who discussed a wide range of things: music, TV, movies.  Yeah, it definitely appealed to older folks, like those old enough to have attended Woodstock, but they were funny.  They retired and now a Chicago comic Bill Leff is on at night.  Other hosts include Milt Rosenstein, a U of Chicago professor and cerebral conservative.  My favorite is Nick Dagilio, who is on the weekends, and has features such as "drunks in the news."  He has literally made me laugh in my sleep.

Sadly, there's no paranormal stuff, but at least I don't have to wade through fire-breathing religious fanatics, quack-killer docs, and way far right loons who make Rick Santorum look like Ralph Nader.  A Coast to Coast without Christian jihadists, quacks and fascists means a show hosted by Ian.  The fact that Ian isn't going to be on as often means that I'll be tuning into 720 AM WGN even more.