• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

SciFiAuthor

It is rather disgusting. Bunch of degenerates flooded bellgab today.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: TumbleWeed on November 06, 2013, 01:13:40 AM
I can't fucking belive what i'm reading here.

I'm over being angery and sad. Now i'm just disgusted with what i'm reading here.

How the hell do you guys know art wasnt being serious?

Jesus christ this place has hit a new low.

Art didn't even threaten suicide, did he? He just pouted about being an old fart.

spruce tree

Fair enough Seraphim. I am as bummed as anyone. It's just overwhelming and I guess I should not lash out right now. Believe me, I'm as pissed as anyone. I wish more people could deal with this situation without so much hate. This is what keeps me from posting on here. The hate.

George Drooly

Quote from: widespread1 on November 05, 2013, 06:39:51 PM
This forum is probably the meanest I have ever been a part of.
I wish I could silence all of you except paul right now.

You must not have the same internet I have, because this place is full of cream puffs and cotton candy compared to most forums

toastycoasty

Quote from: TumbleWeed on November 06, 2013, 01:13:40 AM
I can't fucking belive what i'm reading here.

I'm over being angery and sad. Now i'm just disgusted with what i'm reading here.

How the hell do you guys know art wasnt being serious?

Jesus christ this place has hit a new low.

If you think he might, call the police. I live overseas so I can't do it.

Or, are you just going to write more posts about how sickening the people here are, and do nothing? Pretty much the same as everyone if you're sitting on your hands.

Third option: get off the forum if it's such a den of iniquity. Jump on the high horse and trot off to elsewhere.

Falkie2013

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 06, 2013, 01:07:40 AM

Yeah you guys. For a website which has an alternative url of "GEORGENOORYSUCKS" you're all an awfully childish bunch of imps. I'd expect you to have some class and dignity. You toffy louts.

Toffy louts ?
Hell, I'm the guy who asked " WILL Art Bell ever return to AM radio ? "

WE came back every time he quit because we loved his show, his guests, his crazy callers and the fact that we got cutting edge stuff that you could hear no where else.
IMHO, there was little or no expectation we were going to get anything controversial on DM that I could see.
Furthermore, the man HAS quit repeatedly for whatever reason and given his latest departure, any reasonable person would not be unfair to assume he's going to do it again.
Our trust and faith in the man has been shattered.
I fail to understand why the Bell defenders just cannot see the other side of the coin.
People are angry.
People feel hurt.
And they feel that the high hopes they had for YEARS to get AB back on the air were like so many willow wisps.
Their nerve endings are frayed and they ( and I ) would have an incredibly difficult time trusting the man again.
Some people on here have an unhealthy worship like fixation over the man as if he can do no wrong and ANY criticism of AB is not only unfounded but somehow a politcally incorrect thing to do here.
AB called Sirius' bluff and they not only called, but raised him, hit the final card and tipped the table over and walked out.
Leaving Art sitting on the floor dazed and wondering what happened and why he wasn't in control any more.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 06, 2013, 01:09:54 AM
      No. His manic depressive zombie defenders are projecting their current mental state.

Seems this place has an inordinate population of the unbearably sad, kept me from participating initially.

someguy

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 06, 2013, 01:16:09 AM
It is rather disgusting. Bunch of degenerates flooded bellgab today.

hey man I've been here for years

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 06, 2013, 01:15:24 AM

Well, see, that makes it all the more obvious that as a public entertainer he should have some self-discipline. It's like Kurt Cobain or Miley Cyrus or Bing Crosby --- if you're an entertainer bringing millions of people entertainment, tone down the goddamn bad decisions because there's a lot of people who'll be given a bad day or two by it, at the very least.

Jess sayin'.

We're seeing before our very eyes. The unhinged here are taking his melodramatic self pity seriously. The overemotional sorts who think Art's going to kill himself. But Art don't give a shit. Never has never will. It would be OUR fault.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: someguy on November 06, 2013, 01:18:17 AM
hey man I've been here for years

I didn't mean you. There's good degenerate and bad degenerate. :)

tertiaryimam

Quote from: spruce tree on November 06, 2013, 01:17:03 AM
Fair enough Seraphim. I am as bummed as anyone. It's just overwhelming and I guess I should not lash out right now. Believe me, I'm as pissed as anyone. I wish more people could deal with this situation without so much hate. This is what keeps me from posting on here. The hate.

Its cathartic for a lot of us. Believe me, when art posted right as I made some especially funny jokes about him, and likely actually saw one of my acidic replies --- wow. What a rush.

toastycoasty

Quote from: George Drooly on November 06, 2013, 01:17:11 AM
You must not have the same internet I have, because this place is full of cream puffs and cotton candy compared to most forums

I have seen so much worse elsewhere. 4Chan, Reddit (anonymous, graphic rapey messages to one's inbox whenever you make a comment), every other forum, Facebook and the awful pages people post up that never get pulled down...

It's almost like a paddock with lambs grazing in here by comparison.

jinwicked

Quote from: George Drooly on November 06, 2013, 01:15:19 AM
Even if Art did off himself, he'd change his mind and come back... only to do it all over again

You have to pay to attend the funeral, but when you come in to pay your respects the casket is empty.

Seems like there is actually a decent metaphor buried in there, somewhere. I'll keep digging.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: malachi.martini on November 06, 2013, 01:18:14 AM
Seems this place has an inordinate population of the unbearably sad, kept me from participating initially.

It's a bit jarring. As someone grounded in reality, I'm more than a little bothered by it.

HMC

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 06, 2013, 01:13:01 AM

Yeah, why is no one bringing up that he signed a contract? Can one of you bell apologeticists calmly explain to us naysayers why you find his decision justified?

This is why I'm convinced no one will hire him now. He has given himself a terrible reputation in the business. Sirius undoubtedly put a lot of money into him, from promotions to his studio. Now, unless he pays them back, they flushed that money down the toilet. That's why I don't care anymore about getting back with Sirius or him signing up somewhere else. I won't be writing any letters or signing any petitions. It's podcasting or nothing at this point. He's gotta go at it alone.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: HMC on November 06, 2013, 01:20:37 AM
This is why I'm convinced no one will hire him now. He has given himself a terrible reputation in the business. Sirius undoubtedly put a lot of money into him, from promotions to his studio. Now, unless he pays them back, they flushed that money down the toilet. That's why I don't care anymore about getting back with Sirius or him signing up somewhere else. I won't be writing any letters or signing any petitions. It's podcasting or nothing at this point. He's gotta go at it alone.

You got it. Radio ain't TV, the options are minimal. Serial quitting isn't something most companies desire.

midnight

This is just craziness.  How many more posts about streams and business plans and I had problems with the stream, well I didn't can there be? How much more venting could possibly be healthy?

Does the internet completely preclude being concerned about someone as a person and their welfare?  I have made plenty of quick decisions that didn't pan out right. Some that almost cost me everything.  I lived through it, but I didn't have millions of worshipping fans either.  Hero worship can be an unhealthy situation for both the hero and the worshippers.  They can turn from adoring fans to hungry parasites on a dime it seems.

Scully

Quote from: ItsOver on November 06, 2013, 12:49:54 AM
Amazing how BellGab took down DM in six weeks and hasn't had any success in doing the same with Noory's C2C over all these years.  Right.  ::)

BINGO!!!  8)

someguy

Quote from: jinwicked on November 06, 2013, 01:20:19 AM
You have to pay to attend the funeral, but when you come in to pay your respects the casket is empty.

hahaha shittt

His last post, laced with sarcasm or not, has me at the end of my rope. I continued to hold out hope that Art would come to his senses, accept SiriusXM and their generous offer for more free trials as they work on the internet stream but I think he's far too stubborn to return to Dark Matter now. Who would have thought that the legendary Art Bell would have such a thin skin? Why does one user saying Spooky Matter was a poor show cause him to throw in the towel rather than try to make it even better? Long time fans weren't surprised when he bailed because it's happened many times before, often without explanation, so I suppose we're in the same position as the young wife and two children from his first marriage who he couldn't stand by either. A true cut-and-runner when the going gets tough and this was no exception.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: HMC on November 06, 2013, 01:20:37 AM

I tried listening to some old shows and I realize I don't like the guy. It's probably not justified, because there was some valid reasons to not like him before, but I try to give people a pass on their past behavior unless its clear they haven't done a thing to change. In two years, maybe. But for now I don't think I'd even listen to a podcast of him. A lot of the appeal was nostalgia, I think, considering that the only guest I took seriously during his recent run was . . . .

HARRY BELAFONTE AND ANIMAL DRUM SOLO

Harry Belafonte & Animal Drum Solo

spruce tree

Quote from: Agent : Orange on November 06, 2013, 01:07:26 AM
If I misread the meaning of your original post and that you DID pay for a subscription then I apologize for throwing that at you.

However I still don't think this forum had much if anything to do with Art's decision.
I did pay. I take no offense, don't worry about it. I think I am as guilty as anyone for looking for a scapegoat in all of this. I've been wanting to comment on here for a long time about something, it just sucks that this topic is what got me going again. It's laughable that Art would pay so much attention to what is being said here, but I do agree that there has to be something bigger going on. Sorry to get off on the wrong foot with ya. I am a passivist by nature, and don't know who to pick a fight with right now, I just want to fight!!!!!

toastycoasty

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 06, 2013, 01:26:24 AM
His last post, laced with sarcasm or not, has me at the end of my rope. I continued to hold out hope that Art would come to his senses, accept SiriusXM and their generous offer for more free trials as they work on the internet stream but I think he's far too stubborn to return to Dark Matter now. Who would have thought that the legendary Art Bell would have such a thin skin? Why does one user saying Spooky Matter was a poor show cause him to throw in the towel rather than try to make it even better? Long time fans weren't surprised when he bailed because it's happened many times before, often without explanation, so I suppose we're in the same position as the young wife and two children from his first marriage who he couldn't stand by either. A true cut-and-runner when the going gets tough and this was no exception.

I think he said on a post here when he came back with DM that his thick skin seems to be getting thinner as he gets older, seems that it's the case.

As for everyone swearing and throwing out the insults, they'll calm down.

I think disappointment will prevail, then we'll get back to the Noory Sucks thread.

midnight

This place is making me ill.  I'm gone.  Bye.

Nighthawk

I am beginning to become quite disgusted with this forum. I can't believe some of the people posting here believing themselves to be true Bell fans. Then all of a sudden when this situation happened yesterday they turn against him in some very mean awful ways. I can understand people being angry. It is just that if you truly loved Art like I do, Then you would not say such awful things about him. Regardless of how angry you people are. YOU are the ones that need to grow up. First you are on here saying how great Art is and how happy you are he is back and now since yesterday you turn on him like dogs. At first reading all this shit on here the past 2 days I thought it was these mean peoples emotions and anger. Now I am starting to think they are just plain evil. I am embarrassed to be a part of this. I love Art and always will. He is the king of talk radio. He is an inspiration to me all he has done. Something went wrong this time around, so what. I am not gunna up and slaughter the guy.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: midnight on November 06, 2013, 01:30:48 AM

I hope it was something I said.

Falkie2013

It's not hero worship to be pissed off about the way AB handled this.
Nor is it hate when we who supported him for years feel angry and hurt over the way Art left this time.
If he had, as an example, died on the air, he would have been hailed as even more of a radio legend than he was already thought to be.
But now with his statement, he comes off as a bitter, petulant man who can't take criticism nor take it from those who loved him, his show and the legend of what HIS show ( and not the pale excuse for a show that $noory puts on ) was.
Thick skinned ?
I'd say right about now, Art's skin is damned near transparent.
And he has no one to blame for THIS situation but himself for a change.
Not Bellgab, Not $noory, Not Sirius, nor Obama or GW either.
HE made the decision to back Sirius into a corner and they pulled the lever to the trap door under the floor and he dropped into the rowboat filled with shanghaier's.

By the way after hearing $noory earlier on MV's show I decided to listen while I filled the bag of cat food for the outdoor cats. He was talking about the guest wanting a Federation like Star Trek and us going to Mars ( is he afraid if we do in 10 years, his contract will expire or Hoagland will find something that shows $noory is really a Homer Simpson lizard ? ).
I think when that broadcast on air light comes on, he channels Homer Simpson somehow and becomes a moron on air.
He didn't sound like that in his call except for one point where he repeated himself.

Quote from: midnight on November 06, 2013, 01:24:13 AM
This is just craziness.  How many more posts about streams and business plans and I had problems with the stream, well I didn't can there be? How much more venting could possibly be healthy?

Does the internet completely preclude being concerned about someone as a person and their welfare?  I have made plenty of quick decisions that didn't pan out right. Some that almost cost me everything.  I lived through it, but I didn't have millions of worshipping fans either.  Hero worship can be an unhealthy situation for both the hero and the worshippers.  They can turn from adoring fans to hungry parasites on a dime it seems.

"Day of the Locusts"

George Drooly

Quote from: midnight on November 06, 2013, 01:30:48 AM

He's a multi-millionaire public figure behaving poorly, if predictably. This is a public forum. It's a simple equation.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: George Drooly on November 06, 2013, 01:33:55 AM
He's a multi-millionaire public figure behaving poorly, if predictably. This is a public forum. It's a simple equation.

But he's gonna kill himself!!!!  :-[