• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: Chine on April 19, 2018, 02:45:24 PM
I wonder what Keith is thinking as he is reading all of this on Facebook.

Did you check to see if he was one of her friends?

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Grifynne on April 19, 2018, 02:27:22 PM
Right, but if she felt that she had the talent to do this, she could have built herself up and created her own legacy rather than riding on the coattails of Art Bell. Or took the existing show in her own direction (as Art stated he told her to do early on, if I recall correctly). Or, if she and Art really were that close, maybe he could have helped her advertise by telling his followers about what she was doing and how he supported it. He could have put links to her show on his Facebook page or wherever his fans would see it. He could have let her interview him to drum up listeners for her project. All of these things would have helped her without corralling her into being Art - assuming she had the talent to succeed. If she did have talent, pretending to be Art seems to have completely squelched it. It seems like the path she and Art chose was the worst path possible, at least where the show is concerned.

It's safe to assume that she's self conscious that she stinks, as I said many times about her and other host's. Why pretend to be something you're not? It's not genuine, this whole thing wasn't genuine haha. People continued to listen in hopes art would return. Art could have done things a lot differently, but this was just another mistake. Nepotism can only take you so far.

Kolchak

Quote from: Chine on April 19, 2018, 02:45:24 PM
I wonder what Keith is thinking as he is reading all of this on Facebook.

He's filling a bathtub with arctic chaga.

ShayP

Quote from: Kolchak on April 19, 2018, 02:48:24 PM
He's filling a bathtub with arctic chaga.

LOL!  ;D  I forgot about arctic chaga.

Chine

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 19, 2018, 02:47:37 PM
Did you check to see if he was one of her friends?

It’s set to public ... you don’t have to be a friend to look in and read.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 19, 2018, 02:27:17 PM
Hot!
Reporting my spell for inappropriate  behavior.  ::)

That is thicc. haha

GravitySucks

Quote from: Grifynne on April 19, 2018, 02:47:24 PM
I mean if she went off and started a show all her own (or chose to take MITD in her own direction). I know he did those things for MITD, but she never seemed to break out of the persona of Art.

And maybe that was by design. Perhaps Art publically stated she could, but behind the scenes told her she couldn't. Either way, it seems like a bad move if you are trying to nurture someone's talent. You would also think that an expert would listen to what was being produced and realize that the current method wasn't working.

Maybe her and Keith were keeping the premise that Art was going to cohost the show on occasion in order to keep the existing subscriptions. I wonder how much it will drop off next month. There may be a few people that subscribe to gran all of the art bell shows but I wouldn’t see them sticking around.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Kolchak on April 19, 2018, 02:44:36 PM
If she's going to be in front of her computer all night, she really should just go live tonight and lay everything out. If she's not occupied, she'll probably end up listening to Coast's tribute and spiraling deeper down the rabbit hole.

Now, you see...that would make good radio. Just being honest with the audience and being oneself. No guest, just some open lines and to drop the act. For her to stop putting on that manly inflection, and to level with everyone.

weeberwubber

Quote from: Epaphroditus on April 19, 2018, 02:11:00 PM
I cannot believe people are actually getting sucked into the drama queen...

The drama queen claimed to have purchased a home in Pahrump in the last month while also planning a group gathering outside AREA 51 to be followed by an invasion but now claims she and the show are failing ???

Run Forrest Run !!!

Well I've always had a soft spot for Marvin the Paranoid Android and she is channeling the fuck out of him today.

Kolchak

I guess Aldous, nor anyone here, never really knew the real Heather. Only Art.

ShayP

Quote from: Kolchak on April 19, 2018, 02:58:03 PM

I guess Aldous, nor anyone here, never really knew the real Heather. Only Art.

So she apparently is a very complex person.  A puzzle only Art could solve.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ShayP on April 19, 2018, 02:59:24 PM

Turn down your device...

Grifynne

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 19, 2018, 02:50:21 PM
Maybe her and Keith were keeping the premise that Art was going to cohost the show on occasion in order to keep the existing subscriptions. I wonder how much it will drop off next month. There may be a few people that subscribe to gran all of the art bell shows but I wouldn’t see them sticking around.

I am wondering the same thing. It might be ok for a little while, but seems like eventually, it will taper off. Not sure if it will go away completely (especially considering some of the HW fanatics I see in other groups), but I imagine they have a threshold they have to maintain to cover the cost of doing the show. At some point, they won't be able to stay afloat.

On the other hand, Heather could turn this into an opportunity to break away from the fake Art schtick and maybe try her own approach a try while she still has an audience intact. He isn't here to tell her otherwise, and maybe we can see some of that "talent" he believed she had show through.

Heather is going to go down the same pate as Michael Vera (late night in the midlands) many of times when she went on a rant she said if you don't like it you do not have to listen to it, a sure way to loose listeners.

Taco Bell

Quote from: ShayP on April 19, 2018, 02:59:24 PM

You'd be complex too if you encountered every paranormal experience under the sun and moon.

weeberwubber

Quote from: Kolchak on April 19, 2018, 02:44:36 PM
If she's going to be in front of her computer all night, she really should just go live tonight and lay everything out. If she's not occupied, she'll probably end up listening to Coast's tribute and spiraling deeper down the rabbit hole.

Stop being rational! But seriously you're right. The level of despair is.. well... I read her Facebook posts from today to my better half. It went like this:

Me: Facebook posts
Weebette: Whoa.
Me: Would you even be that sad if I died?
Weebette: I wouldn't be able to function...
Me: Good!
Weebette: ...For a while. This is going on too long. I think Art was subsidizing the show.
Me: Oh. (silent tears)

albrecht

Does Nevada have the equivalent to California's 5150 or Fla's "Baker Act?" Her posts are getting pretty dark and I don't wish her any real harm or rash decision making. She needs to get off Facebook and internet. Talk to real people, friends, and family or a counselor, pastor, or witchdoctor.

GravitySucks

Looney tunes... from her favorite Canadian Septic
Heather.....you wanna know what's nuts? No magic, eh? I just woke up...was making myself a cup of coffee and I kept having this nagging feeling, like really intense, that there was something I had to do. Don't know where it came from.....ha....actually, maybe I do.......k.....suddenly I remembered the dream I had just had. In the dream I saw flashes of these long lines of conveyor belts with boxes on them....just going and going and going. And then, suddenly there would be a rock on the conveyor belt in between two of the boxes. And then more and more. And I heard the opening music from MITD and got a really quick 'flash' of Art's picture...you know...the one in the turtle neck with him smoking.   Now.....hear me out on this....cuz my brother had a friend who once went on a vacation to hawaii and his girlfriend had asked him to send a postcard. Well, he got a liqueured up one day and decided to write his girlfriends address on a coconut, put postage on it and mail it. And the damn thing got there!!!! ....k....I think, and I may be nuts, but I think it would be so kewl if anyone that wanted to send you a painted rock in Art Bell's honour could put your address on the back side of the rock, put  the right amount of postage on it and freakin' mail it to you. Now there would be some magic, eh?

bellNwhistle

Quote from: albrecht on April 19, 2018, 03:04:09 PM
Does Nevada have the equivalent to California's 5150 or Fla's "Baker Act?" Her posts are getting pretty dark and I don't wish her any real harm or rash decision making. She needs to get off Facebook and internet. Talk to real people, friends, and family or a counselor, pastor, or witchdoctor.

She shouldn’t be reading BellGab, either.  :-[

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 19, 2018, 03:05:57 PM
Heather.....you wanna know what's nuts? No magic, eh? I just woke up...was making myself a cup of coffee and I kept having this nagging feeling, like really intense, that there was something I had to do. Don't know where it came from.....ha....actually, maybe I do.......k.....suddenly I remembered the dream I had just had. In the dream I saw flashes of these long lines of conveyor belts with boxes on them....just going and going and going. And then, suddenly there would be a rock on the conveyor belt in between two of the boxes. And then more and more. And I heard the opening music from MITD and got a really quick 'flash' of Art's picture...you know...the one in the turtle neck with him smoking.   Now.....hear me out on this....cuz my brother had a friend who once went on a vacation to hawaii and his girlfriend had asked him to send a postcard. Well, he got a liqueured up one day and decided to write his girlfriends address on a coconut, put postage on it and mail it. And the damn thing got there!!!! ....k....I think, and I may be nuts, but I think it would be so kewl if anyone that wanted to send you a painted rock in Art Bell's honour could put your address on the back side of the rock, put  the right amount of postage on it and freakin' mail it to you. Now there would be some magic, eh?

WHAT. THE. FUCK.   ???  :o :o :o

albrecht

I want Wolfman, Pate, and Beelzubeeb to discuss this and let us know what it means.

weeberwubber

And a cat somewhere in Canada right now....

LadyFish

I concur with Lasha, that is NUTS.

Didn’t they used to stone witches? Sending painted rocks by mail takes it to a whole new level.

Taco Bell

Sounds stoned.

ShayP

Quote from: albrecht on April 19, 2018, 03:11:50 PM
I want Wolfman, Pate, and Beelzubeeb to discuss this and let us know what it means.

No.  ;D

Dateline

Be compassionate.  Crank up the Gabcast and offer call-in counseling from the tribe.