A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

bigchucka

Quote from: b_dubb on February 17, 2014, 05:37:35 PM
JBW should have asked himself "What would Rusty Humphries do in this situation?"

Art would just open the phone lines.  Maybe make a request for a type of guest he's wanting.  If someone good calls up, then congratulations! you have a guest.  Worked for finding Harlot and Evelyn Paglini.  Mr. Fidget too I think...

John should do this as a live video on his YouTube channel.

b_dubb

Quote from: bigchucka on February 17, 2014, 05:46:50 PM
Art would just open the phone lines.  Maybe make a request for a type of guest he's wanting.  If someone good calls up, then congratulations! you have a guest.  Worked for finding Harlot and Evelyn Paglini.  Mr. Fidget too I think...

John should do this as a live video on his YouTube channel.
just make it audio only.  he'd save a fortune on hosting.  how much does video bring to his show?  money wasted in my opinion

Dateline

Now, I enjoyed Dr. Robin Falkov and J.B. Well's interview on her show last week.  I thought he came off as very thoughtful in his comments.  HE HAD A MIND, I REPEAT, HE HAD A MIND.

bigchucka

I know the guy that does YouTube channel Tokin Daily does live video feeds on occasion.  UFC has had weigh ins live on YouTube.  If you do something like that, does it cost you money?  Or is there a very small limit on how many people can watch?

cweb

while it's commendable that Wells wanted to have this live midday videocast of non-Premiere-Radio coolness, I would agree that he certainly got a bit too ambitious.

he should've started small with a weekly audio podcast and built it up from there. take advantage of his celebrity, put in some quality shorter shows, and then work his way up. hindsight is obviously 20/20, but I too was scratching my head when he mentioned video-casting.

I would also wonder if John just isn't that savvy with the more technical radio/ podcast aspects, and dreamt big because he overlooked the caveats to putting a show together and the tech required for quality audio. I would not count out foul play entirely, but I don't think it's the main reason he's experienced difficulty.

hopefully he can put aside his "fuck you C2C" motivation, or at least focus it in a way that brings out the Good Wells. or at least the Better Than Noory Wells, by sticking with the guest, applying a critical approach to the topics, and being a showman without thumping the Bible or selling nuclear apocalypse. otherwise, he's gonna have a rough go of it.

FallenSeraph

Posted today on CTM's FB:

"Update: New shows have been uploaded this morning. More new shows to come! We appreciate everyone's loyalty, patience and support!
Peace,
JohnB"

Those of us who are poverty-stricken will just have to use our imaginations:

"MREs! Government plots! Look at my shades! I swear one day this show will be live! Keep sending money!"

Meanwhile, one crazy lady's comment amused me. Is this really what he's saying?

"@those who want it free: JBW addressed this in an interview he did with Robin Falkov and it made a lot of sense. He said due to the nature of the material he will be discussing and the sort of guests he will be interviewing, this kind of content is not really suitable for the public airwaves. Making it more like a private club (my words not his) is protection for his guests and will help ensure the longevity of the programming. I completely agree. To afford CTM, apart from cancelling Coast I also found another small monthly expense I could live without. Even in today's economy everyone should be able to find an extra $5/ month, 17 cents a day for this level of information. IMHO."

God bless all of us for being one of those forums where people don't end each post with IMO or IMHO.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Seraphim27 on February 18, 2014, 12:49:01 PM
Even in today's economy everyone should be able to find an extra $5/ month, 17 cents a day for this level of information.

I wonder how she'd quantify it if it was worthwhile information?

FallenSeraph

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 18, 2014, 12:57:09 PM
I wonder how she'd quantify it if it was worthwhile information?

((((laughter))))

pyewacket

He posted new shows- looks like he was doing them in batches- smaller files to download. I looked up a few of them and probably won't bother to download them. It's good that he's giving his audience what they've been waiting for, but I'm not much interested now that I've gotten a closer look at conspiracy shows.  :-[

Quote from: expat on February 13, 2014, 12:30:29 PM

"Doctor" Falkov spent about 20 minutes spouting alarmist poppycock about Hepatitis B vaccine. That woman is dangerous.

Because everyone knows it's so much better to risk cirrhosis or liver cancer from chronic hep B, rather than take the precaution of vaccination. Too bad the anti-vaxxers can't form their own country, drag Jenny McCarthy with them, and live with the consequences of their paranoid anti-science philosophy.

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on February 18, 2014, 07:56:43 PM
Because everyone knows it's so much better to risk cirrhosis or liver cancer from chronic hep B, rather than take the precaution of vaccination. Too bad the anti-vaxxers can't form their own country, drag Jenny McCarthy with them, and live with the consequences of their paranoid anti-science philosophy.

I can't take anyone seriously who interviews Hoagland or Falkov, among others (read:  Ed Dames), and don't listen to any more of their shows/podcasts.

Really frees up a lot of my spare time.

I know. There aren't enough brain cells to sacrifice for any of these hucksters.

Optiflex

Episode 7

"Now I've tried to be diplomatic, and I think maybe you've appreciated that and I will continue to be as diplomatic as I am allowed to be"

I don't know about you, but it reminded me of Star Trek 2 The Wrath of Khan. "He vexes me"

I smell a full on, on air rant coming in the near future.

He has the connection from c2c. I am sure he can get retread guest wanting to sell stuff. Plus all he has to do is get on above top secret to find a guest. The "batch" model is pathetic.

paladin1991

I have yet to listen to any of the podcasts.  By the commentary, it sounds like JohnB has yet to hit his stride, IMO.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Optiflex on February 19, 2014, 07:14:57 PM
Episode 7

"Now I've tried to be diplomatic, and I think maybe you've appreciated that and I will continue to be as diplomatic as I am allowed to be"

I don't know about you, but it reminded me of Star Trek 2 The Wrath of Khan. "He vexes me"

I smell a full on, on air rant coming in the near future.

Will that mean he's taken seriously?

cweb

Just listened to the first half hour or so of the newer CTM where he talks to Pastor Hudson. I'm pretty tolerant with sound quality, but the guest audio was driving me nuts.

Earlier in the show John talked about how he's using a wireless lav mic. Why? Thankfully, he said he'd like to go to one of those big radio-style mics. (Hopefully like this beauty: http://recordinghacks.com/microphones/Shure/SM7B) But that brings me to the guest audio. It sounds like he's got a lapel mic on a speaker phone. You can buy a handset tap, and with a little wiring savvy have a cleaner record for $200. (Or just drop $500 on this... http://www.jkaudio.com/broadcast-host.htm) I'm sure there's even cheaper ways to do this.

Technical stuff aside, it seems like he's still kind of rambling on. And the life advice stuff isn't for me. I'll probably give him another shot in a few weeks and see if anything's changed, but unless he has a guest I'm totally into I'm probably tuning out.

pyewacket

I'm not a techie- but my hubby is and he was surprised by the poor sound quality, too. We signed up for 3 months to support John in his effort to make a go of it. The Rabbi Steve show was disappointing. I kept waiting for John to challenged at least one of the claims Steve made. I can't imagine Art nodding and not commenting about "the Jesuits sunk the Titanic to get rid of 3 bankers who wouldn't cooperate!" Holy cow! So the captain of the Titanic agreed to sacrifice his life, the lives of all those entrusted to him on the voyage, and his reputation in order to ram the ship full of people into a well placed iceberg and hope that the 3 guys didn't make it to one of the life boats.  :o   I haven't listened to any of the new shows- not sure I want to now.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: pyewacket on February 20, 2014, 11:32:57 AM
I'm not a techie- but my hubby is and he was surprised by the poor sound quality, too. We signed up for 3 months to support John in his effort to make a go of it. The Rabbi Steve show was disappointing. I kept waiting for John to challenged at least one of the claims Steve made. I can't imagine Art nodding and not commenting about "the Jesuits sunk the Titanic to get rid of 3 bankers who wouldn't cooperate!" Holy cow! So the captain of the Titanic agreed to sacrifice his life, the lives of all those entrusted to him on the voyage, and his reputation in order to ram the ship full of people into a well placed iceberg and hope that the 3 guys didn't make it to one of the life boats.  :o   I haven't listened to any of the new shows- not sure I want to now.

You're implying it's an unlikely scenario..hater.  ;D

pyewacket

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 20, 2014, 11:59:44 AM

You're implying it's an unlikely scenario..hater.  ;D

That would be me- hater extraordinaire! I can't stop myself from asking questions- always with the questions!!!   ;)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: pyewacket on February 20, 2014, 12:09:10 PM
That would be me- hater extraordinaire! I can't stop myself from asking questions- always with the questions!!!   ;)

What is wrong with you? Critical thinking has no place on conspiracy theories. Wells' buddy Jones knows, and he is the man. He has no vested interest in the gullible researchers parting with their cash.

pyewacket

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 20, 2014, 12:35:03 PM
What is wrong with you? Critical thinking has no place on conspiracy theories. Wells' buddy Jones knows, and he is the man. He has no vested interest in the gullible researchers parting with their cash.

Maybe they can offer coupons for lobotomies or whatever other invasive probing it would take to solve that pesky thinking problem. Not to worry- after the probing - you can always put some turmeric on it!    ;D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: pyewacket on February 20, 2014, 12:44:27 PM
Maybe they can offer coupons for lobotomies or whatever other invasive probing it would take to solve that pesky thinking problem. Not to worry- after the probing - you can always put some turmeric on it!    ;D

I doubt they'll offer (for free) you anything; They will though sell you a DVD or a book. At a very special price. Only $39,99 each, but if you buy vol 1 and 2, you can get them at only $80.

wr250

Quote from: pyewacket on February 20, 2014, 12:44:27 PM

a lobotomy in a bottle:

pyewacket

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 20, 2014, 12:48:39 PM
I doubt they'll offer (for free) you anything; They will though sell you a DVD or a book. At a very special price. Only $39,99 each, but if you buy vol 1 and 2, you can get them at only $80.

You're right! What the heck was I thinking?!? I've seen this in the new age community, too. The theory of the month comes out and they all climb on the money train till the next stop. I remember when "life coaches" were the rage. A woman I knew was going to pay for the course so she could become "certified". She didn't have her own life in order BUT she was going to charge people for advice she was prepared to parrot from a "course". I really am an out of touch sort, I guess. I'd have some serious reservations about doing that. I'm sure the fees would be reasonable. LOL She gave "readings" for $45.00. Such a bargain! 

pyewacket

Quote from: wr250 on February 20, 2014, 12:48:48 PM
a lobotomy in a bottle:

Also good for sending any memory of the show into the portal of forgetfulness so it will sound all new when the topic comes around again.  :)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: pyewacket on February 20, 2014, 01:57:06 PM
You're right! What the heck was I thinking?!? I've seen this in the new age community, too. The theory of the month comes out and they all climb on the money train till the next stop. I remember when "life coaches" were the rage. A woman I knew was going to pay for the course so she could become "certified". She didn't have her own life in order BUT she was going to charge people for advice she was prepared to parrot from a "course". I really am an out of touch sort, I guess. I'd have some serious reservations about doing that. I'm sure the fees would be reasonable. LOL She gave "readings" for $45.00. Such a bargain!

http://www.theonion.com/articles/supposed-adult-pays-man-to-sit-in-room-and-listen,35321/?ref=auto

Optiflex

He explained the other day that he doesn't announce who will be on the show. It was really interesting to listen to him dance around with his explanation about this. Who can't figure out that it's because he doesn't want Coast's production team calling the guest up and trying to discourage the guest, by threatening to not book them, if they go on CTM?