• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Mr. Fidget

Started by KnyeGuy, July 24, 2009, 11:15:49 AM

KnyeGuy

Anyone catch the Mr. Fidget show replay a couple weeks ago (Art Bell Somewhere in Time).
I think it was from '97.  This dude is hilarious... Apparently he got through to Art on purpose (some people used to talk about a secret trick to get through the busy lines).
At any rate, a pretty entertaining show (with the genuine spontaneity only Art could foster) whether you could put up with the guest's smugness or not.

It's hilarious that he actually started a new website upon notification of the rebroadcast:
http://www.artofchain.com/

On his YouTube channel I like the one comment, "Uhm....It's just a couple chain links on a ring...."   lol
http://www.youtube.com/TheWhatisthat

moop

Yeah I caught the rebroadcast. It was a great show! I thought I had heard all of Art's old shows but I'd never heard that one before. After the show I looked up the guys youtube video and even made myself a fidget at work. I got bored with it after about 10 mins.

I think the guys trick to getting through to Art was figuring in the delay and timing his phone call somehow. He was going to tell Art how he did it but Art didn't want him to say it on the air.

KnyeGuy

Quote from: moop on July 24, 2009, 01:57:03 PM
and even made myself a fidget at work. I got bored with it after about 10 mins.

Heh... Yeah it's likely to occur. I really thought the guy was talking about something pretty interesting at first (the fidgets) until he explained what they were. It appears that they're really just meant to be works of art when you check out his site.

All in all, it was an entertaining show to say the least.

Quote from: moop on July 24, 2009, 01:57:03 PM
I think the guys trick to getting through to Art was figuring in the delay and timing his phone call somehow. He was going to tell Art how he did it but Art didn't want him to say it on the air.

Yeah the rumor about the so-called trick to get on the air perpetuated long after this guy was on the show. I remember a couple of people phoning in and claiming to have figured it out in '01 & '02, and Art was adamant about not letting them give away the secret either.

Stevenqbosell

Does anybody remember or have the clips of people claiming the fidget was a time machine?

I remember in 1997, one guy called, said he got a fidget in a bar, went to sleep, and woke up in Vegas of 1986. Then he went to sleep again or something, and woke up in ancient England. Died in a war or something, and woke up in his present...

Were there anymore of these sort of stories? Anybody have the show with that clip?

EvB

Quote from: KnyeGuy on July 24, 2009, 11:15:49 AM

It's hilarious that he actually started a new website upon notification of the rebroadcast:

I'm a fan - and here is the ONE reason why - A COST TO COST AM GUEST HAS A TASTEFUL, READABLE WEBSITE!  I don't care if it IS a blog template - he gets brownie points for not fucking it up.

I may have to get a couple of these little do-hickets as stocking stuffers.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on September 28, 2010, 03:22:11 PM
Quote from: KnyeGuy on July 24, 2009, 11:15:49 AM

I'm a fan - and here is the ONE reason why - A COST TO COST AM GUEST HAS A TASTEFUL, READABLE WEBSITE!  I don't care if it IS a blog template - he gets brownie points for not fucking it up.

I may have to get a couple of these little do-hickets as stocking stuffers.
and no starry background!

EvB

b_dubb

Quote from: EvB on September 29, 2010, 12:45:19 PM
Quote from: b_dubb on September 28, 2010, 08:56:00 PM
Quote from: EvB on September 28, 2010, 03:43:03 PM

PRAIZE JEEBUS!

THANK YOU SATAN!!!

Satan gives good web?  Damn - I don't need more competition.

competition is futile. you will be assimilated by the George Noory Asshat Collective

b_dubb

Quote from: EvB on September 29, 2010, 04:15:24 PM

it's got a good beat, i can dance to it and a nice melody.  plus the lyrics are memorable.  i give it a ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

EvB

Well, Youtube would not allow embedding of the REM version - so . . . .

Chupacabra

I remember this show, never saw Mr Fidget

b_dubb

so .... a fidget is a combination of gear chains and metal rings ... and .... ?  i'm either missing something or this Mr Fidget fellow is seriously ADD but somehow easily amused

EvB

I saw a vid of it somewhere - Youtube maybe?

Mr. Fidget

Hi, sorry about your $5 and 17 year wait. Any questions?

Mr. Fidget

coaster

I was always confused as to why Art would give radio time to someone who made gizmos out of bike chains. Isn't that what it was? I remember listening to the show and saying to myself "really Art? This is the best we can do?" Perhaps I missed something crucial during the show that somehow made the subject matter even mildly interesting.

Mr. Fidget

Hi Coast listeners, I'm the real Mr. Fidget. If your new(ish) to the show, they have done everything possible to keep you from knowing I even exist.
   On Aug. 10th 1997, being in a difficult situation I called Art to bring attention to my situation. I was an inventor who needed to find a way out of a conspiracy. I'd been working six years to bring my inventions to market. Three days before my first juried art show I was assaulted by private security guards at a well know amusement park. They cited me for trespass and "disrupting business" to legally justify their actions, but knowing they were fabricating the whole thing they had to monkeywrench me. So when they filled out the tickets the date locations (4 of 5) the dates were made out  "6/24/70"
   There were eyewitnesses, who provided me their contact info. Since I had been charged with trespass, I got their deed from city records. They did not own the property (public sidewalk) I was on. I knew it in 24 hours. I went to the police to file charges for assault and battery. I complained to the chief of police, and tried to get a copy of the report. I had no understanding what they claimed I did for 3 more YEARS.
   The juried art show went off in Monterey, my arm was in a sling, my voice still strained from yelling at the guards three days earlier as they piled on top of me. I made enough to cover my booth, but my partner was not satisfied. He asked why they assaulted me, but I had no idea. He wanted me to go to bicycle shops and sell my fidgets directly. My intent was to make a catalogue and do it by mail and phone.
   We had a massive disagreement about this all, and I asked him for a bill for his biz dev expenses. He gave me a 23k bill. When I deposited the AB show checks, I gave him a 10% payment... $2500. By the end of this story I sue the company who's guards assaulted me, the citizens police review board unanimously sustained my complaint, reversing the Chief, I went to the Attorney General, I went to Art, I went to Coast. Art said on the air "why would they write 1970", as I settled the case for a nuisance payment I ask their lawyer. He said "maybe he had a bad day". His bad day has taken more of my time and effort than I could ever imagine, and has hurt us all by making my life so hard to explain it's a wonder I bothered to write this.
I'll have more to come, but know this.... there is much more below the surface. Fear and greed are the only things the system allows. You will fear them, and they will greedily take all you have.
   Sorry about your $5 and 17 year wait.

Any questions?

Mr.Fidget

Mr. Fidget

Re: being confused: Me too! Don't sweat it, nobody else does. There is a book coming, it will be FREE to coast folks, and the universe shall continue to confuse you in new ways thereafter. Know this: I am the only person to ever call in and be held as a guest for the remainder of the show. And I did it from a payphone, there's your high bar... I'll never be unseated of this distinction. Art gave me nothing, I took it. He closed the topic of fidgets at the top of the show "no further discussion" then I blew him off his chair as the first caller, from that phone. It was my third night in a row (not counting the unscheduled Ed Dames replay, between calls 2 & 3, another part of the story) having claimed I could do it in ADVANCE.

Sigh-
Mr. Fidget

onan

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on May 19, 2014, 01:02:18 AM
   Hi, sorry about your $5 and 17 year wait. Any questions?

Mr. Fidget

Welcome aboard, I always liked your story.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: onan on May 19, 2014, 02:45:51 AM
Welcome aboard, I always liked your story.
Thanks, Coast betrayed all of us listeners, by not telling my true story. They are not the only ones. My media blacklisting started at Coast, but the whole disinformation network has me there now.
   All I wanted was to tell the truth, once I knew it. Since then the network had the bigfoot in captivity scam, revealed the guy AND LET HIM COME BACK to eat crow.
   I get the double standard because THEY KNOW they will have to eat humble pie.
   It's disgraceful. I would not go on the current program for a five figure check.
   It's 2014, 97' is long gone and so is my respect for Art, and most of the crew.

Mr. Fidget

The Gabcast will tell your story.

Mr. Fidget

Jan 31 personal data redacted. Email to Georges private address.

George since I first contacted you it's been almost seven YEARS. If you can't/won't talk to me, maybe you can handle talking to my Mom. She is in her 70's, and was there to see what I had to deal with in this situation.
   Since I first contacted you an entire generation has been raised on video games, common sense is out the window. There is no educational equivalent for what I've created, and as a result of the unfair (frankly ostrich-like) treatment I've gotten from Coast, I reiterate, development of motor skills & mechanical comprehension of our youth IS SUFFERING.
   One of my inventions is a top seller for autistic kids at the sensory university website, of course it's a knock-off because I can't get it together until this whole saga is unraveled.
   Be brave, call my Mom. Her name is ----, her # is (000) 000-0000
   Do the right thing George, our world needs something simple like my discoverys to create a common frame of reference.
    I only have 500+ Twitter followers (@a
#######) but they have 15 million followers. I'm going to push this whole story out, self-publish every email and and publicly share all the times I've tried to be heard.

Sigh'

(Real name here) Mr. Fidget

(My number here)

He ignored me again (seem's as it's his strong suit)
So I took it to Bob, Feb 19th who also just ignored me, must be a policy.

Hello Mr. Pittman, my name is xxxx xxxxxxxx (better known as "Mr. Fidget"), and I am writing to you in regards to a situation that has been developing for nearly 20 years. I really have no expectation that Clear Channel will do anything about it other than what's been done to this point, which is nothing.
   However in the interest of remaining positive I feel it is my responsibility to offer one last final opportunity to deal with the situation in a professional manner.
   I am preparing to release a self published eBook, the eBook chronicles my experience in the last 14 years trying to unravel an accident that happened on a Clear Channel media property, Coast to Coast AM. In addition to my explanation, it will include all communications between me and Coast to Coast AM for the last 14 years. I have not received any meaningfull response addressing my situation in spite of my nearly one dozen (literate and succinct) emails to Coast, Art, & George. My calls to Tom D, were not returned.
   I'd like to speak with you, and explain my situation, offering one last chance to avoid the negative publicity that will ensue from the public disclosure of my (both sad & true) story. It could be a happy story, one of determination and relentless forward progress, but probably will not be, without some direct attention from your desk.
   Of course I know any publicity is good publicity, and for such a major outlet as Coast to only have >90k followers on Twitter, in spite of the host begging for followers nightly, obviously it needs publicity.
    The last chapter of my eBook will be "one last try" and will include this email with the others in the event your staff chooses not to bring my email to your attention, or you don't pick up the phone and call me if they do.

Hoping for "fair and truthful",
Signed with my deets.

ps. Check out my twitter feed, scroll back, so you can see what your dealing with when it comes to me.

March 12
   Bob, I sent you an email weeks ago. You obviously have/had other matters to attend to. I don't have any more patience for you, Clear Channel, or C2C. Seventeen years has been enough.
   I am telling you clearly here in this email that Coast to Coast AM owes me, & and your listeners a public apology. I have been slandered, maligned, & blacklisted by your program, which has also betrayed it's listeners.
   Your dealing with a man who walks down 10ft walls on rollerskates, routinely, I am brave.
   I have enough life experience to easily orchestrate a series of events that will cost Clear Channel much more than money.
   I'd suggest you batton down the hatchs, your failure to do the the right thing and call me was an unwise decision.

My info here

ps. It's never too late to do the right thing, and always too late not to.

By the 15 of March I was angry:
Email to Bob:
Subject: All you have is money.

Hi "bad move" Bob. I've done some research about CC, you, Bain, and your markets.
   Everyone hates your company already, no wonder you just run it by autopilot.
   The underbelly of CC is so soft it's hardly worth the time to point out the defects.
   The good news is your doing so poorly, in spite of all your riches, your company's name is already mud in the public eye.
   I could have been a positve effect for your diminishing brand C2C, but instead I'll just compete it into the ground with a media offering of my own.
   All I wanted was to do the right thing, I sincerely tried to communicate with all levels of your monopoly, but your organization is too busy shooting itself in the foot to see any opportunity not in your strategic plan.
   Nice brainwashing platform you foster... evil music, bad marketing, & propaganda... way to go champ.
   Your karma, your problem.

Done with you,
####

Then I mellowed out, same day apologized in a later email.

Oh look it's an ice cube, no my friends that is the tip of an iceberg.

Mr. Fidget

jazmunda

If you are indeed the real Mr Fidget, I found your show to be very entertaining and enjoyable. I didn't even care if the product was legit. I could never tell whether you were really a guy at a bank of phone boxes next to a supermarket/convenience store or just pulling Art's leg. I could also never tell whether the people you got on to talk to Art who were either passing by or came down because they heard you on the radio were also legit or just a bunch of your mates in on the joke. I guess that just added to the mystery and intreagued that made that show so entertaining. If you're not the real Mr Fidget then fuck you for wasting my time. ;)

Welcome and post often.