• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 07, 2013, 03:59:57 PM
       "On the Loose" is the only song that survived after 1983...and it's usually between "Come Sail Away" and "Dust in the Wind" on bad classic rock stations. If anybody under 30 owns ONE of their cds(worldwide) I'd be shocked.
Not a word of a lie, I ordered two Saga CDs of off amazon a couple of days ago.  My son is getting into prog, and they were pretty big back in Canada during their prime.  Kinda freaked out they surfaced on Coastgab just a couple of days after placing the order.  Maybe Noory is right, and there is no such thing as coincidences.

BTW, Heads or Tails is one of their best.  The songs Social Orphan and Scratching the Surface had heavy rotation on CHOM FM back when I had a full head of hair. 

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 07, 2013, 03:17:51 PM
        Their lead singer, Mike Sadler, circa 1980 had the gayest mustache in pomp rock. They weren't bad though...kinda like Pavlov's Dog or a Canadian Marillion.

Holy shit, I think I was at that concert.  It would have been the tour for the Heads or Tails album I just posted about.

WTF!?!?!?

HAL 9000

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on March 08, 2013, 10:38:53 PMNot a word of a lie, I ordered two Saga CDs of off amazon a couple of days ago.  My son is getting into prog, and they were pretty big back in Canada during their prime.  Kinda freaked out they surfaced on Coastgab just a couple of days after placing the order.  Maybe Noory is right, and there is no such thing as coincidences.

I swear to you, I don't know if you're talking about a band or a game machine. On the chance it's a band, I do have access to the following list of Saga discography should you not want to spend money. mp3s @ 320kb/s

http://pastebin.com/dKPuaEYe

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on March 08, 2013, 10:38:53 PM
Not a word of a lie, I ordered two Saga CDs of off amazon a couple of days ago.  My son is getting into prog, and they were pretty big back in Canada during their prime.  Kinda freaked out they surfaced on Coastgab just a couple of days after placing the order.  Maybe Noory is right, and there is no such thing as coincidences.

BTW, Heads or Tails is one of their best.  The songs Social Orphan and Scratching the Surface had heavy rotation on CHOM FM back when I had a full head of hair.
That is a weird...coincidence.CG is a small world after all.  I have Images At Twilight, Silent Knight and Worlds Apart on cd. And actually listen to them on occasion. That's cool your son is into prog, it shows an individuality streak because it's not exactly what kids are force fed in 2013.
        My Canadian(Nova Scotia) cousins got me into Saga, Max Webster,Moxy,Frank Marino/Mahogany Rush not to mention Triumph and Rush at a very young age.

Quote from: HAL 9000 on March 08, 2013, 10:48:25 PM
I swear to you, I don't know if you're talking about a band or a game machine. On the chance it's a band, I do have access to the following list of Saga discography should you not want to spend money. mp3s @ 320kb/s

http://pastebin.com/dKPuaEYe
Hal, you rule.  And yeah, I had a Sega, too.  And an Intellivision, and a Coleco.

HAL 9000

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on March 08, 2013, 11:13:53 PMHal, you rule.  And yeah, I had a Sega, too.  And an Intellivision, and a Coleco.

If you want something, or everything on the list, you can have it for free. Just let me know, and I'll put it up somewhere for anyone to get.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 08, 2013, 10:50:07 PM
        That is a weird...coincidence.CG is a small world after all.  I have Images At Twilight, Silent Knight and Worlds Apart on cd. And actually listen to them on occasion. That's cool your son is into prog, it shows an individuality streak because it's not exactly what kids are force fed in 2013.
        My Canadian(Nova Scotia) cousins got me into Saga, Max Webster,Moxy,Frank Marino/Mahogany Rush not to mention Triumph and Rush at a very young age.
Yeah, I am a bit freaked out.  Just noticed someone mentioned Marillion above, and I have Jester's Tear in the same order.  The coincidence is really, really weird.  Just to head things off at the pass, I ordered 5 CDs the other night for my kid - the three already mentioned, and Selling England by the Pound and Lamb Lies Down on Broadway.

The bands you mentioned are all excellent hoser acts, glad you like them.  Not often I run into Americans who have even heard of Max Webster, let alone are into them.  You are a scholar and a gentleman, Eddie.

eddie dean

Id like to know WTF happened to everyone. 1300 plus users a day on coastgab now its less than 100.
What gives?
did the rapture happen or maybe Noorie sent goons to peoples' houses? maybe the server changeover or the let down about art's return?
any theories?

The General

Quote from: eddie dean on March 08, 2013, 11:24:02 PM
Id like to know WTF happened to everyone. 1300 plus users a day on coastgab now its less than 100.
What gives?
did the rapture happen or maybe Noorie sent goons to peoples' houses? maybe the server changeover or the let down about art's return?
any theories?
MV changed the tally from a daily cumulative count to a tally of the last 15 minutes.
Not sure why.  But I don't think the actual traffic has changed at all.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on March 08, 2013, 11:21:00 PM
Yeah, I am a bit freaked out.  Just noticed someone mentioned Marillion above, and I have Jester's Tear in the same order.  The coincidence is really, really weird.  Just to head things off at the pass, I ordered 5 CDs the other night for my kid - the three already mentioned, and Selling England by the Pound and Lamb Lies Down on Broadway.

The bands you mentioned are all excellent hoser acts, glad you like them.  Not often I run into Americans who have even heard of Max Webster, let alone are into them.  You are a scholar and a gentleman, Eddie.
I plead guilty to the  random Marillion mention. I actually was listening to their '84 live album Real to Reel yesterday(and oddly enough...Genesis Nursery Cryme) cue the Twilight Zone music. But when I get into a prog roll, King Crimson leads to Gentle Giant which leads to Quatermass which leads to ELP and Aphrodite's Child...etc.
        Thank you sir, and being a Max Webster/Kim Mitchell fan down here...well, we hold our fan club meetings in a phone booth. Though "Go For A Soda" was briefly an MTV hit in late winter '85. But over than that, Max Webster/Mitchell are as long forgotten as The Stampeders or Toronto. Which sucks. Like George Noory!
        On the metal side...I shall not forget Exciter. Annihilator and Voivod.

Falkie2013

Quote from: MV on March 07, 2013, 01:42:17 PM
anybody familiar with a band called saga?  here is their wikipedia page.  i ask because their singer, michael sadler, just walked in to my office to have his computer fixed.  i wonder wtf he's doing in cape girardeau, mo. 

small world.

Arranging for the secret enclave to elect Rush Limbaugh as the next Pope ...

;)

I was in a Chinese restaurant in Oakland that had a bar. The people in the bar were really tanked. Lots of muthaf*cker and f*ck and bitch shut the f*ck up. And then suddenly they got on a discussion of who would be the next pope and someone said " rush " and everyone yelled, " yea baby. Rush Limbaugh. Pope Rush. "

Weirdest dining experience we've ever had. We chose this place at random and didn't know it had a bar.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 08, 2013, 11:37:02 PM
         I plead guilty to the  random Marillion mention. I actually was listening to their '84 live album Real to Reel yesterday(and oddly enough...Genesis Nursery Cryme) cue the Twilight Zone music. But when I get into a prog roll, King Crimson leads to Gentle Giant which leads to Quatermass which leads to ELP and Aphrodite's Child...etc.
        Thank you sir, and being a Max Webster/Kim Mitchell fan down here...well, we hold our fan club meetings in a phone booth. Though "Go For A Soda" was briefly an MTV hit in late winter '85. But over than that, Max Webster/Mitchell are as long forgotten as The Stampeders or Toronto. Which sucks. Like George Noory!
        On the metal side...I shall not forget Exciter. Annihilator and Voivod.
Nursery Crime, nice.  Not super accessible, as the critics say, but a good album. 
On the metal side, any chance you know of Anvil?  Apparently Lemmie asked Lips, the guitarist, to replace Fast Eddie.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=FhpVtNw7hd4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DFhpVtNw7hd4[/size]

[/size]

And here they are covering the Stones.  Any wonder they influenced Metallica and MegaDeth?

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=pbo5yuTZZOc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dpbo5yuTZZOc[/size]

[/size]

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on March 09, 2013, 12:13:03 AM
Nursery Crime, nice.  Not super accessible, as the critics say, but a good album. 
On the metal side, any chance you know of Anvil?  Apparently Lemmie asked Lips, the guitarist, to replace Fast Eddie.

How could I forget Anvil. Rob Reiner is a terrific drummer, and the film on them was really funny. A little staged, but very entertaining.

At least in the short term,Lips would have been a better choice than Brian "Robbo" Robertson was, he and Lemmy didn't exactly get along and it ended rather ugly.

One of my girlfriend's favorite albums is Peter Gabriel's So. But she's more of a casual fan, pretty unaware of his career before going solo and has only his Greatest Hits(other than So).  I was playing Foxtrot once and she overhears it and says in all seriousness.."that singer is ripping off Peter Gabriel"...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 09, 2013, 12:25:23 AM
      How could I forget Anvil. Rob Reiner is a terrific drummer, and the film on them was really funny. A little staged, but very entertaining.

the problem with anvil is every time they have a chance at some national exposure, they roll out that stupid "metal on metal" song which is possibly one of the worst atrocities they've ever recorded.  it's such a piss poor representation of what they're capable of.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: The General on March 08, 2013, 11:29:00 PM
MV changed the tally from a daily cumulative count to a tally of the last 15 minutes.
Not sure why.  But I don't think the actual traffic has changed at all.

it was brought to my attention that there is a database performance hit in showing users online over an entire 24 hour period.  i was told 15 minutes is far preferable.  traffic on the forum is climbing each month.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: MV on March 09, 2013, 12:41:57 AM

the problem with anvil is every time they have a chance at some national exposure, they roll out that stupid "metal on metal" song which is possibly one of the worst atrocities they've ever recorded.  it's such a piss poor representation of what they're capable of.

I know- that annoys me, they must think it's their trademark. Mix it up, you're Anvil, it's not like you're AC/DC or Ozzy who have to play the hits. But as that movie showed, they have a knack for rescuing defeat from the jaws of victory.

The General

Aids, Hitler, and Satan are all big hits with the internet these days apparently.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: The General on March 09, 2013, 01:41:32 AM
Aids, Hitler, and Satan are all big hits with the internet these days apparently.

They're all trending upwards...but Noory still remains mired in the single digit popularity/Q rating. Noory will never be as popular or beloved as the Devil, Hitler or AIDS. Noory is also not as well liked as cancer, crib death, Jerry Sandusky, Bin Laden and Fidel Castro in Miami.

Juan

That Jack and Nina's autistic child, Jake, is more well-behaved than Kim ever was.

ziznak

Quote from: The General on March 09, 2013, 01:41:32 AM

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]
Hitler and Satan has the exact same numbers.... hmmmmm

Canned Heat

Quote from: HAL 9000 on March 08, 2013, 10:26:09 PM
(I changed the link)

You have got to fucking be kidding me. Don't get me wrong - a rose by any other name would smell like Lilly as sweet... but really? I can't believe her original link is still here.
Looks like you broke the forums rules with your post.  I read through all of it being careful not to do this. 

Canned Heat

I've been enjoying some of the posts here and love the fine art stream.  But some of the writing here is just wrong by so many of you yet you seem to like to judge others who I can't see are doing anything different than a lot of you.

As a past forum moderator which this site does not believe in, I feel many of you are way off the path.

Another thing I'm noticing is a group like mentality that frankly reminds me of grammar school.  What's with all the high horse attitudes?  Is this some type of a site where people can't just join in because they aren't in your club?  Some of you are fine, but some of you, well, mmmm, I may just jump on for the stream after what I see going on, it's sad as if most of you live for this club of yours, on-line.  I'll never get that.  But I'm definitely turned off.

Canned Heat

Quote from: HAL 9000 on March 08, 2013, 10:26:09 PM
(I changed the link)

You have got to fucking be kidding me. Don't get me wrong - a rose by any other name would smell like Lilly as sweet... but really? I can't believe her original link is still here.
I have reported you.  I hope the people in charge do something about it.  If you did that to me I would be furious.

And I was not going to say this, but I have gathered through reading that you are all fairly old, so ill say what I was not going to say:  and very, very immature.  Almost to the point of sickening.  There are ways to be funny without being crude and rude.  But alas, it's too late.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Art Lover on March 09, 2013, 09:58:03 AM
I have reported you.  I hope the people in charge do something about it.  If you did that to me I would be furious.
Why do I get the feeling that HAL did do it to you.

A: The name of Herman Munster's wife.

Canned Heat

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 09, 2013, 10:00:11 AM
       Why do I get the feeling that HAL did do it to you.

A: The name of Herman Munster's wife.

I'm sorry why did you ask me this?  I don't know what that is supposed to mean.  I never said anything was done to me.  Did you read anything I wrote?  Did you read the forum rules or do you just like being rude?  Do me a favor and don't speak to me if you can't be cordial.  Thx

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Art Lover on March 09, 2013, 10:03:32 AM
I'm sorry why did you ask me this?  I don't know what that is supposed to mean.  I never said anything was done to me.  Did you read anything I wrote?
I'm very familiar with you and various incarnations here. You fool no one but yourself. But it gives me a new character of yours to put on ignore.

Canned Heat

I read this entire thread so don't go accusing me like I can't see what's going on.  I'm just going to make a final comment.  Some of you are so crude that I can't believe the site stays up.  Now if that's not YOU, than you will leave me alone.

I have done nothing wrong but made some observations.  Beautiful, please do that.  You sound insane.