• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Dr. MD MD

Kettle Brand Chips has a new Korean BBQ flavor that I couldn't resist trying. Even though I was half expecting these to be gross it really does taste like it to me. They're nice and spicy too! Good job Kettle Brand! :P

ksm32

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 30, 2018, 03:59:41 PM
Are you the real "Monica" or the Kinsey Institute doppelgänger "Monica"?

:o

She's from a different, institute, where tablets are in the shape of little colored pills.  Medicine, if you will..

ksm32

Quote from: monica on May 31, 2018, 01:59:33 AM
This must be some full moon.  My 18-year old cat is frolicking in ways I have never seen before in this home!  How happy she seems.  All the little dogs sleep and the tomcat is in the outbuilding, as is common here at night.  She's the night queen tonight.  Purring hard.

How large is she, you keeping her at a healthy weight? You don't want them scrawny in their golden years.

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 31, 2018, 07:06:56 PM
Kettle Brand Chips has a new Korean BBQ flavor that I couldn't resist trying. Even though I was half expecting these to be gross it really does taste like it to me. They're nice and spicy too! Good job Kettle Brand! :P
Not just BBQ, Korean BBQ.  Wow.
Quote from: ksm32 on May 31, 2018, 11:17:37 PM
She's from a different, institute, where tablets are in the shape of little colored pills.  Medicine, if you will..
Very funny.  I got my hands on a laptop tonight!  Big times!
Quote from: ksm32 on May 31, 2018, 11:20:03 PM
How large is she, you keeping her at a healthy weight? You don't want them scrawny in their golden years.

She's amazing.  Her weight is generally 1-2lbs over, but responds fast to extra exercise or smaller meals.  She has always been a small cat.  The vet warned me working on her would be like working on a rodent.  Falls have been the biggest concern.  She lands on her neck almost every time.  It is horrible.  The adoptive agency warned me ab out that, too.  This cat just doesn't land on her feet.  Something about a slight birth defect in one hip, or perhaps being hit by a car prior to being found on the streets.  Almost all her muscle is on the back end, an incredible jumper.  Sometimes i hold her back legs up so she can strengthen her forelegs y walking on them, but i have not been able to get her front end stronger.  It's a problem, as she takes some moves on the chin, eating dust sometimes.  I rhink it is worse bec whoever lost her originally, had declawed her.  But, she is a scout, a trooper.  A real tomboy.  A very messy eater, too!  She is my sixth cat, the last vestige.

Asuka Langley

I have been boycotting Israel for years I don't even buy kosher products. I bought a "MotorRad USA" Thermostat expecting it to be made by Goys right here in America and this is what i got.

You win this time kikes enjoy the sheckles i will be buying Robertshaw in the future!

Off topic, but yesterday I had a man offer me 3,000,000 Yen for my 1959 Harley FLH 74ci.  That is $30,000 US that I ride every day , it is my main means of transportation, my Dad bought me that back in 1980 for my 21st birthday, it has been with me ever since, thru 3 countries and Alaska, my Dad says said to sell it but money is secondary to me, that bike has never let me down, I once rode 15 miles with the fuel guage 1/2 inch past empty.  When I ride it I always think my Dad is looking over me.

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on June 01, 2018, 04:52:02 PM
I have been boycotting Israel for years I don't even buy kosher products. I bought a "MotorRad USA" Thermostat expecting it to be made by Goys right here in America and this is what i got.

You win this time kikes enjoy the sheckles i will be buying Robertshaw in the future!
I actually like Isreal

I like Israel too.  I always felt they should be supported since, after all, our Bible is in large part about them.

I'm on Israel's side because the moslems are a blight on the planet.  I'm on the side of their neighbors wherever there's conflict.  Burma has the right idea.

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 02, 2018, 02:19:49 AM
I'm on Israel's side because the moslems are a blight on the planet.  I'm on the side of their neighbors wherever there's conflict.  Burma has the right idea.

That too.

Quote from: albrecht on May 30, 2018, 06:38:24 PM
Good Lord. Yes, obviously, you need to go. I wonder though if they use "strategies" like the hotdog guys. I think those should be banned. The eating contests should be a normal-style eating of said item. Not things like shoving buns in water, eating the hotdog separately, and what-not. Burgers should be, as agreed upon by all, eaten with the appropriate bun and fixins'. The only strategy allowed is on condiments: mayo, catsup, mustard, or combination thereof for sliding potential? So a betting man can make some odds and analysis.

I did go to the Highway 55 World Hamburger Eating Championship here in Raleigh today.  Just for you Albrecht, as promised, here is a complete report. 

First off, no. Mrs. Walks_At_Night did not go with me. She's a bright lady and makes sound decisions. 

So,  I went with a couple of guys from work.  I've done some silly things in my life.  Once drove 10+ hours one way with the specific goal of watching King Kong Bundy, Lord Littlebrook and Tokyo Joe take on HillyBilly Jim, Haiti Kid and Little Beaver at WrestleMania 3,  I [among others], convinced my big, strapping, college room mate to fight a bear for a $500 prize and I almost got expelled from Engineering School for sneaking down into the steam tunnels underneath campus and cruising around in a drunken stupor.  Going to this thing was almost as stupid as those misadventures.  If you ever have a chance to go to something like this - don't.   It's bad man.   I think the only the brevity of the thing stopped some of the audience from getting ill and turning Crabtree Valley Mall into a massive Roman Vomitorium.

So here was the deal.   There was like 15 contestants from all over the country - including two that flew in from the U.K.   They have to eat this 55 ounce  Highway 55 Burger as fast as they can:

The contestant lineup was not quite what I would have expected.   There was only one big guy - He was the crowd favorite.  Definitely a ham and who went by the handle of Notorious B.O.B. with a massive gold necklace to that effect.   According to the hype man, his forte is Chili and he's put down 2 gallons of Chili in like 4 minutes.  There were two lady contestants - the very attractive Leah from England and a super petite Punk girl named Molly.  Molly was the defending champ and heavily favored to repeat.  The rest were just typical looking dudes including one hapless contestent from the local radio station that was covering this hot mess live.

There wasn't a huge crowd but probably more than I would have expected.  Lots of security - Raleigh P.D. had a big presence and there was maybe the most intimidating Mall Cop I've ever seen as well.   There was a weird looking dude in the crowd with a huge backpack and they watched him like a hawk.  It didn't explode and kill us all, so I guess chalk one up for Raleigh P.D.

So after much delay and B.S. from the hype man, the contest is ready to start.   Each contestant has their own Judge who watches just that one particular contest for rules infractions and the dreaded "Reversal of Fortune" which is a new term I learned.  I'm sure I don't have to define what that means for you.  The Judge also has a stop watch for time keeping.  Then there is an Umpire (complete with Zebra stripes) that roams the lineup and also observes for infractions.  There is a count down and Wham! Bam! it starts.   There appeared to be two schools of thoughts on how to go about it.  Choke down the bun as fast as possible and then wolf down one patty at a time in a semi-conventional fashion.  Or chew and tear up the whole lot into a disgusting soup on the tray and mix it with water. Then they just scoop it up and have at it.   

The 2nd method is the most effective.  It's what Molly used and she defended her title by downing the 55 ounce burger in I think 1 Minute 37 Seconds.   It goes by super fast.   I believe Big B.O.B. was third and the poor hapless dude from the radio station was tagged with a D.N.F. as he only got like three pitiful patties down.   

I've attached reduced size pix (to save Liberace some space) below..............

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on June 02, 2018, 05:54:21 PM
I did go to the Highway 55 World Hamburger Eating Championship here in Raleigh today.  Just for you Albrecht, as promised, here is a complete report...

Any sign of Rose Girl and Eagle?

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on June 02, 2018, 05:54:21 PM
I did go to the Highway 55 World Hamburger Eating Championship here in Raleigh today.  Just for you Albrecht, as promised, here is a complete report. 

First off, no. Mrs. Walks_At_Night did not go with me. She's a bright lady and makes sound decisions. 

So,  I went with a couple of guys from work.  I've done some silly things in my life.  Once drove 10+ hours one way with the specific goal of watching King Kong Bundy, Lord Littlebrook and Tokyo Joe take on HillyBilly Jim, Haiti Kid and Little Beaver at WrestleMania 3,  I [among others], convinced my big, strapping, college room mate to fight a bear for a $500 prize and I almost got expelled from Engineering School for sneaking down into the steam tunnels underneath campus and cruising around in a drunken stupor.  Going to this thing was almost as stupid as those misadventures.  If you ever have a chance to go to something like this - don't.   It's bad man.   I think the only the brevity of the thing stopped some of the audience from getting ill and turning Crabtree Valley Mall into a massive Roman Vomitorium.

So here was the deal.   There was like 15 contestants from all over the country - including two that flew in from the U.K.   They have to eat this 55 ounce  Highway 55 Burger as fast as they can:

The contestant lineup was not quite what I would have expected.   There was only one big guy - He was the crowd favorite.  Definitely a ham and who went by the handle of Notorious B.O.B. with a massive gold necklace to that effect.   According to the hype man, his forte is Chili and he's put down 2 gallons of Chili in like 4 minutes.  There were two lady contestants - the very attractive Leah from England and a super petite Punk girl named Molly.  Molly was the defending champ and heavily favored to repeat.  The rest were just typical looking dudes including one hapless contestent from the local radio station that was covering this hot mess live.

There wasn't a huge crowd but probably more than I would have expected.  Lots of security - Raleigh P.D. had a big presence and there was maybe the most intimidating Mall Cop I've ever seen as well.   There was a weird looking dude in the crowd with a huge backpack and they watched him like a hawk.  It didn't explode and kill us all, so I guess chalk one up for Raleigh P.D.

So after much delay and B.S. from the hype man, the contest is ready to start.   Each contestant has their own Judge who watches just that one particular contest for rules infractions and the dreaded "Reversal of Fortune" which is a new term I learned.  I'm sure I don't have to define what that means for you.  The Judge also has a stop watch for time keeping.  Then there is an Umpire (complete with Zebra stripes) that roams the lineup and also observes for infractions.  There is a count down and Wham! Bam! it starts.   There appeared to be two schools of thoughts on how to go about it.  Choke down the bun as fast as possible and then wolf down one patty at a time in a semi-conventional fashion.  Or chew and tear up the whole lot into a disgusting soup on the tray and mix it with water. Then they just scoop it up and have at it.   

The 2nd method is the most effective.  It's what Molly used and she defended her title by downing the 55 ounce burger in I think 1 Minute 37 Seconds.   It goes by super fast.   I believe Big B.O.B. was third and the poor hapless dude from the radio station was tagged with a D.N.F. as he only got like three pitiful patties down.   

I've attached reduced size pix (to save Liberace some space) below..............

I appreciate the detailed report. "VERY INTERESTING,"  to crib from a famous silo-based ufologist. I'm on phone so cannot do wall of text response but I liked you had 'situational awareness' and there is no need to apologize for  long road trip to see the likes of Hillbilly Jim or KK Bundy! And escapades in boiler rooms and tunnels should be celebrated, especially when alcohol fueled. Hint: joke that NEVER gets old- any steam release by a safety valve or etc, even if done purposely- yell "My eyes, my eyes!" It freaks everyone out.

ksm32

Yorkshire pud

If you've heard of the Isle of Mann TT races (They're going on this week) this will make you smile...

GravitySucks

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 06, 2018, 11:36:10 AM
If you've heard of the Isle of Mann TT races (They're going on this week) this will make you smile...

I guess it loses something in translation.

ShayP

Three Dog Night is not coming to Richmond,Va this year...again.   :(

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ShayP on June 06, 2018, 05:55:30 PM
Three Dog Night is not coming to Richmond,Va this year...again.   :(

Wash away my troubles, wash away my pain
With the rain in Shambala 8)

Taaroa

Seems like the guy that stole an APC in Virginia and led it on a police chase was tweeting while he did it.

https://twitter.com/movrcx/status/1004150300792541184

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 05, 2018, 04:55:42 PM
WTF?
Here is my opinion:
1.  Reconciliation is swallowing after you'd have rather spit.
2.  Forgiveness is just letting it outflow.  Forgiveness does not have to include reconciliation.  Some people believe that when Jesus said turn the other cheek, he was speaking to a specific (very poor) group of people about how to shame those in authority over them who abused them, at a time when shame was still possible, unlike nowadays.  He didn't mean for everyone to turn the other cheek every time their addict offspring comes homes and steals prescriptions!  Christianity doesn't do anyone any favors when it tries to make everyone reconcile because it only leads to more abuse sometimes, and not from those in authority usually, but from defiant, unrepentant people.
3.  Spitting or retaining is holding a grudge.

ShayP

Quote from: Taaroa on June 06, 2018, 10:08:31 PM
Seems like the guy that stole an APC in Virginia and led it on a police chase was tweeting while he did it.

I can't believe he made it as far as he did.  It puzzles me because I live here and he made it to downtown from Fort Pickett.  It's nearly 50 miles from where I live and I'm in the city proper.  3 miles from downtown where he was stopped near the capital.

ShayP

Quote from: Taaroa on June 06, 2018, 10:08:31 PM

That's a guy?