• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Noory Derangement Syndrome

Started by Robert, July 31, 2016, 09:35:02 PM

Robert

At Reason's Hit & Run blog, commenters have come up with an expression (or maybe it originated elsewhere), Trump Derangement Syndrome, to describe the writings of those who, opposed to Donald Trump in his presidential campaign, go to absurd lengths of special pleading against him.  There are plenty of legitimate bad things that could be, & have been, written about him, but the critics can't stop there.

I notice a Noory Derangement Syndrome, and lately also a Wade Derangement Syndrome, here.  Of course there's plenty to criticize about Noory's approach to C2C (it can be summed up as, in many cases, "worse than no m.c. at all"), and plenty also about Ms. Wade's approach to MITD.  But do people then have to impute all sorts of character flaws to either or both of them as well?  Is it just because it's fun to pile it on when criticizing a public figure (and we know [Redacted] did plenty of that re Noory here)?  Or do people really believe it?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Robert on July 31, 2016, 09:35:02 PM
At Reason's Hit & Run blog, commenters have come up with an expression (or maybe it originated elsewhere), Trump Derangement Syndrome, to describe the writings of those who, opposed to Donald Trump in his presidential campaign, go to absurd lengths of special pleading against him.  There are plenty of legitimate bad things that could be, & have been, written about him, but the critics can't stop there.

I notice a Noory Derangement Syndrome, and lately also a Wade Derangement Syndrome, here.  Of course there's plenty to criticize about Noory's approach to C2C (it can be summed up as, in many cases, "worse than no m.c. at all"), and plenty also about Ms. Wade's approach to MITD.  But do people then have to impute all sorts of character flaws to either or both of them as well?  Is it just because it's fun to pile it on when criticizing a public figure (and we know [Redacted] did plenty of that re Noory here)?  Or do people really believe it?

Can't/won't comment on Heather since I've listened to at most a dozen of her MITD shows, nor do I read any posts here about her or her shows.  When it comes to George, however, there is at best a double standard, at worst what you describe.  Great example was last night with Knapp.  Doing a promo for George's TV show, Knapp said, "You can check out George Noory's TV show, Beyond Belief, also available by prescription".  OK, clearly a slip of the tongue, but if George had said it, there would have been multiple posts and sleep aid jokes on the " George Noory Sucks" thread.  Knapp?  He gets a pass.

I've been as critical of George over the years as anyone, in fact it was my frustration with his poor interviewing skills that brought to this site in the first place.  I try, not just with George but everyone on this site, to keep comments fact based and professional/non-personal.  I don't see a need to get personal.

Robert

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 01, 2016, 11:20:08 AMWhen it comes to George, however, there is at best a double standard, at worst what you describe.  Great example was last night with Knapp.  Doing a promo for George's TV show, Knapp said, "You can check out George Noory's TV show, Beyond Belief, also available by prescription".
Guilty.  I thought he was making a joke about Noory's health-tout orientation.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 01, 2016, 11:20:08 AM
...  When it comes to George, however, there is at best a double standard, at worst what you describe.  Great example was last night with Knapp.  Doing a promo for George's TV show, Knapp said, "You can check out George Noory's TV show, Beyond Belief, also available by prescription".  OK, clearly a slip of the tongue, but if George had said it, there would have been multiple posts and sleep aid jokes on the " George I've been as critical of George over the years as anyone, in fact it was my frustration with his poor interviewing Noory Sucks" thread.  Knapp?  He gets a pass...

When Knapp stops giving a crap about the show, when you can turn him on anytime and hear something like this within a minute or two, let us know