• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Cumulus Media 'on the brink of total collapse' as hostile takeover fears mount

Started by bateman, June 11, 2017, 03:53:56 PM

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 12, 2017, 04:16:42 PM

You're a faggot but you're god damn right it's not! Trump's going to make it great again too!  ;D

You're dad is a faggot, is trump doing a radio show now?

Has it been established Prem-rat or one of the subsidiaries of the parent company they roll up to owns the old Coast to Coast shows?  They must since they play them as Somewhere In Time.

They surely have everything that is in existance.  Now that the company is short on cash, is there a company out there willing to make an offer for them?  Maybe some Silicon Valley person fat with stock options who grew up listening to the show

Corona Kitty

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 12, 2017, 05:36:46 PM
Has it been established Prem-rat or one of the subsidiaries of the parent company they roll up to owns the old Coast to Coast shows?  They must since they play them as Somewhere In Time.

They surely have everything that is in existance.  Now that the company is short on cash, is there a company out there willing to make an offer for them?  Maybe some Silicon Valley person fat with stock options who grew up listening to the show

None of these companies have made a profit, however they can't seem to die. Investors will still pump The fuel into the business. As long as there's someone on their jitter bug phone, buys what is being sold by advertisers, They will remain.

Quote from: username on November 12, 2017, 05:44:30 PM
None of these companies have made a profit, however they can't seem to die. Investors will still pump The fuel into the business. As long as there's someone on their jitter bug phone, buys what is being sold by advertisers, They will remain.

As long as revenue covers operating costs.  Where they get into trouble is borrowing money to expand, and when all that interest is added to the operating costs, they lose money.  Or when investers fund it but want a return on their investments (profits), and get losses instead. 

At bankruptcy liquidation, the bidders should have an idea of the profits to be earned, and base their bids accordingly.  The industry will be profitable for someone, it depends on what they pay for it and aligning operating costs to revenue.

albrecht

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 12, 2017, 07:49:19 PM
As long as revenue covers operating costs.  Where they get into trouble is borrowing money to expand, and when all that interest is added to the operating costs, they lose money.  Or when investers fund it but want a return on their investments (profits), and get losses instead. 

At bankruptcy liquidation, the bidders should have an idea of the profits to be earned, and base their bids accordingly.  The industry will be profitable for someone, it depends on what they pay for it and aligning operating costs to revenue.
Not to be conspiratorial, above the obviously advertising and "press releases,"  but it also "could be" that certain large corporations and/or foreign/domestic entities (government or private or a combination of both) would look at ownership (and certain editorial/programming control) of media as a benefit, even if a "loss" on paper, because certain products, policies, social agendas, politics, etc could be promoted as "news," "entertainment," etc?
https://www.wsj.com/articles/fcc-to-allow-exceptions-to-foreign-ownership-caps-on-tv-radio-1384451818
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-24/obama-signs-countering-disinformation-and-propaganda-act-law
https://www.fcclawblog.com/2016/10/articles/fcc/fcc-liberalizes-rules-for-foreign-investment-in-u-s-broadcast-licensees/

3OctaveFart

Noory has a contract through, what, 2019? A parasite needs a host, and the sicker the host the better.

All of these people will hang on until there's nothing left to suck.

Or just find another vulnerable host. Mad Dog Russo - a broadcaster with a speech impediment - has a multi-million dollar contract with Sirius.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: 3OctaveFart on November 13, 2017, 02:49:52 PM
Noory has a contract through, what, 2019? A parasite needs a host, and the sicker the host the better.

All of these people will hang on until there's nothing left to suck.

Or just find another vulnerable host. Mad Dog Russo - a broadcaster with a speech impediment - has a multi-million dollar contract with Sirius.

He's quite hysterical if I recall, that Sirius money sure looks good.

3OctaveFart

Imus has correctly noted that Russo sounds like "Donald Duck on steroids".

Corona Kitty

Quote from: 3OctaveFart on November 13, 2017, 04:27:12 PM
Imus has correctly noted that Russo sounds like "Donald Duck on steroids".

Imus sounds like death, he's gotta have 2-3 years left

3OctaveFart

Never understood the appeal of Imus. He is not especially insightful, and seemed barely lucid even 20 years ago.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: albrecht on November 12, 2017, 02:25:50 PM
And then doubled-down on alienating fans by DCMA take-downs and threats against fans who had fan pages, taped archives, and shared over the interwebs and torrents. Instead of appreciating his fans for archiving what, he often failed to do, his golden years of radio and using that to maintain a fan base and remain creative.

yeah, this was probably his biggest mistake. 

when hendrie came back in apx. 2008, his show was no longer the satirical comedy offering his fans were accustomed to and expecting.  instead, he did a traditional talk show, sitting behind a mic for three hours every night discussing the "issues of the day," pretending to be exactly the type of host he'd always parodied and ridiculed.  yet another proud "fuck you" to his fans.  phil hendrie has complete and total contempt for anyone who has ever appreciated him.

i have every phil hendrie show from 1999-2006 (minus 2002 and 2003 for whatever reason), fully intact with music included.  it's one of the greatest broadcasting achievements of any person anywhere ever.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: damon on November 12, 2017, 02:55:58 PM
Am radio has way to many ads. For example, a 4 hour show like c2c without the news breaks and ads are just about 2.5 hours long.

if you download limbaugh's podcast, the average hour is about 33 minutes long with bumper music/commercials/news cut out.  is there any question as to why terrestrial radio is dying?

Quote from: mv on November 13, 2017, 11:39:01 PM
if you download limbaugh's podcast, the average hour is about 33 minutes long with bumper music/commercials/news cut out...

That's obscene

Corona Kitty

Quote from: 3OctaveFart on November 13, 2017, 08:15:00 PM
Never understood the appeal of Imus. He is not especially insightful, and seemed barely lucid even 20 years ago.

I never have & never will, he's awful. I need a stenographer, in order to understand that fuck.

Quote from: username on November 14, 2017, 12:13:14 AM
I never have & never will, he's awful. I need a stenographer, in order to understand that fuck.

What about the nappy headed ho's?

Norm

Gd5150

Quote from: mv on November 13, 2017, 11:39:01 PM
if you download limbaugh's podcast, the average hour is about 33 minutes long with bumper music/commercials/news cut out.  is there any question as to why terrestrial radio is dying?
His format is pretty standard of political talk radio. Show starts at :07 after. 1st break around :21. Then back around :26. Break at :30. Back on at :34. Break at :46. From here you can leave. The last 10 minutes incorporate some story of identity theft that’s actually a commercial for life lock.

It’s actually genius. He’s constantly changing things up, how he slides live commercials into his show. And the rest follow in his foot steps. He is a radio genius.

I listen to various FF podcasts during Limbaugh. Pretty much catch the opening monologue of each hour, switch to FF podcast from :23-34. Then from :46-07. I respect the need to advertise, and they can respect my need to not listen to it.

Coast to coast is worse. They slide the :20s ad slot in around :10. And that’s when the show starts at :07.

Limbaugh will change it up again. He constantly does. Forces locals to move their boring worthless “news breaks” which I can’t stand. I’d rather listen to commercials then locals read leftwing news headlines. It’s entertaining to see how it constantly changes to stay ahead.

I only listen to Rush / Savage / Levin - that's who I like and they are all on the same station one after another.  I only listen when I'm in the car, and that isn't much during the day becase, you know, work.

When they go to commercial, I go to the sports station.  For some reason the ad times on the two stations aren't synched up anymore, I think the sports station has less.  If they happen to both have commercials, there are several music stations I can usually find something I like.

Norry and Coast used to be on that same station, but they moved.  I don't even know what local station he's on now

Gd5150

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 14, 2017, 10:11:31 AM
I only listen to Rush / Savage / Levin - that's who I like and they are all on the same station one after another.  I only listen when I'm in the car, and that isn't much during the day becase, you know, work.
Love when Savage talks about restaurants he goes to. Few months ago he was bitching because he couldn’t get an real Prosciutto. Hilarious stuff. I like when he goes into random topics.

Levin is good for more insider legal commentary.

Limbaugh is just funny and uplifting. Always an optimist. And he’s got the media down to a T. He knows and owns the MSM. It’s good stuff.

ItsOver

Quote from: Gd5150 on November 14, 2017, 10:33:08 AM
Love when Savage talks about restaurants he goes to. Few months ago he was bitching because he couldn’t get an real Prosciutto. Hilarious stuff. I like when he goes into random topics.

Limbaugh is just funny and uplifting. Always an optimist. And he’s got the media down to a T. He knows and owns the MSM. It’s good stuff.
Meatballs!

http://youtu.be/_6T_XIjMbP4

bateman

Mumbling incoherent fuck has an $11 million a year contract. His agent is a genius.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Gd5150 on November 14, 2017, 10:33:08 AM

I liked when he got his ass whooped at a restaurant, that is fantastic. I truly hate conservative cuck radio.

Little Myke

Quote from: username on November 14, 2017, 02:37:02 PM
I liked when he got his ass whooped at a restaurant, that is fantastic. I truly hate conservative cuck radio.

Still better than third rate conspiracy Youtubing  :D