A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

b_dubb

Quote from: tertiaryimam on December 27, 2013, 10:46:37 AM

Here's his "shop":

http://caravantomidnight.com/shop/

I don't know why people are so obsessed with surviving the coming nuclear holocaust/economic meltdown/waterworld that's coming. And they're mostly religious people. Why not just fucking let go and die?
we have a bellgab.com "Spirit  Award" winner for 2013.  just in the nick of time

tertiaryimam

Open Round Table with John B Wells 2013 12 20

Interesting interview. John B. Wells mentions his "higher power" at the beginning which makes me think he's had a substance abuse problem. That's AA jargon for you Eskimormons.

Morgus

Quote from: tertiaryimam on December 27, 2013, 07:37:46 AM
Well it looks like John B Wells is officially off the Coast to Coast host roster.
Looks like Wells is just taking the holiday weekend off.
His page under "Hosts" at the c2c website still exists and Noory still includes his name in his nightly sign-off list like he did last night...

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/pages/john-b-wells

Morgus

Quote from: tertiaryimam on December 27, 2013, 10:46:37 AM
I don't know why people are so obsessed with surviving the coming nuclear holocaust/economic meltdown/waterworld that's coming. And they're mostly religious people. Why not just fucking let go and die?
Would you want to even live in that kind of  "mad max" world anyway?  :o

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Morgus on December 27, 2013, 12:17:56 PM
Would you want to even live in that kind of  "mad max" world anyway?  :o
I pity the poor bastards obsessed with apocalyptic fantasies and being exploited by the likes of Wells. I watched "Doomsday Prepperas" on TV a few times but it rapidly became depressing to watch the lunatics practicing how to most effectively kill their neighbors.

Morgus

I imagine the post nuclear apocalypse world shown in several Twilight Zone episodes.
Like the one where the only survivor was meek "Henry Bemis" who happened to be eating lunch down in a sealed underground bank vault when the bombs went off.
Bemis emerged safe and found lots of books to read in the ruins of the local library, until he broke his only pair of eyeglasses!

tertiaryimam

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 27, 2013, 01:58:58 PM
I pity the poor bastards obsessed with apocalyptic fantasies and being exploited by the likes of Wells. I watched "Doomsday Prepperas" on TV a few times but it rapidly became depressing to watch the lunatics practicing how to most effectively kill their neighbors.

John B. Wells has sold his soul for a few lousy shekels, much like when John the Baptist sold out Jesus. I don't know what the fuck happened to Mr. Wells, but he's completely flipped his shit. He's selling goddamn RF Shielding Mesh for $252 plus shipping and handling. And he has the balls to act like a God-boy standing up to the gubmint .

At some point in his life he crossed a dark, sad line. When he was doing cigarette commercials for South Africa, I think he still had some integrity. He still had a soul then. He had class. Now he's an empty husk on another sickening get-rich scheme. And the really traged is that people will shell money out for his useless garbage to preserve their precious little selfhoods for a few more days against the inevitable abyss that will consume us all. That money could've went to the Philippines, or animal shelters with a no-kill policy, or a thousand other beneficial places. Instead it goes into John B. Wells indie-jean pockets, right next to his undoubtedly massive and gray genitalia.

This is what alcoholism and/or painkiller addiction can do to a person, though. You end up doing one bad thing you told yourself you'd never do, then you see how easy it is. Then you do something worse, and worse, and eventually you're selling RF shielding mesh over the internet to idiots. And fuuckin geiger counters. What the fuck do I do if I find there's a shit ton of radiation in my house, John? Huh? What the fuck do I do? Get in my car and drive away? And go where? Do I put the fucker on the hood on my car and wait till it quits chirping, then park it, get out and inhale the cool non-irradiated afternoon breeze? And what if it happens to be someone's fucking yard? And what if I happen to have defecated myself in the process?

John, remember the man you were when you were selling cigarettes to South Africans. That man is still there, somewhere deep inside. It's not too late to change, John. Every moment above ground is an opportunity for genuine change. You worthless piece of goblin shit.

Quote from: Morgus on December 27, 2013, 02:15:26 PM
I imagine the post nuclear apocalypse world shown in several Twilight Zone episodes.
Like the one where the only survivor was meek "Henry Bemis" who happened to be eating lunch down in a sealed underground bank vault when the bombs went off.
Bemis emerged safe and found lots of books to read in the ruins of the local library, until he broke his only pair of eyeglasses!

You know, now that I need reading glasses to friggin' eat, that episode is especially poignant to me.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: tertiaryimam on December 27, 2013, 07:37:46 AM
Well it looks like John B Wells is officially off the Coast to Coast host roster.
I'm not buying it 'til he disappears for multiple Saturdays with no mention from C2C.  I think he's just off for the Holidays.

bateman

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 27, 2013, 05:31:12 PM
I'm not buying it 'til he disappears for multiple Saturdays with no mention from C2C.  I think he's just off for the Holidays.

http://caravantomidnight.com/

QuoteCountdown to Program Launch
Monday, February 3rd, 2014

VtaGeezer

Quote from: bateman on December 27, 2013, 05:34:07 PM
http://caravantomidnight.com/
Wells' "more info" link there says "John also performs Weekend duties as the top-rated host of the nationally syndicated overnight radio show Coast to Coast AM."  Present tense.  This just shows that Wells didn't hog-tie himself with his radio contract the way a certain C2C ex-host recently did.  Noory moonlights with his own non-PRN web TV show too.

ItsOver

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 27, 2013, 06:11:32 PM
Wells' "more info" link there says "John also performs Weekend duties as the top-rated host of the nationally syndicated overnight radio show Coast to Coast AM."  Present tense.  This just shows that Wells didn't hog-tie himself with his radio contract the way a certain C2C ex-host recently did.  Noory moonlights with his own non-PRN web TV show too.

Amazing, isn't it.  Noory has his nightly C2C show during the week, the make-believe TV show "Beyond Belief, Ancient Alien appearances (at least at one time) and cross country tours, such as his Toronto Elvis impersonations.  Now it looks like Wells is spreading his empire.  All of this with apparently no non-compete concerns.

And Art?  About six weeks on Sirius and probably never to be heard broadcasting again.  How can this not make one wonder.

DanTSX

Quote from: tertiaryimam on December 27, 2013, 02:33:36 PM
John B. Wells has sold his soul for a few lousy shekels, much like when John the Baptist sold out Jesus. I don't know what the fuck happened to Mr. Wells, but he's completely flipped his shit. He's selling goddamn RF Shielding Mesh for $252 plus shipping and handling. And he has the balls to act like a God-boy standing up to the gubmint .

At some point in his life he crossed a dark, sad line. When he was doing cigarette commercials for South Africa, I think he still had some integrity. He still had a soul then. He had class. Now he's an empty husk on another sickening get-rich scheme. And the really traged is that people will shell money out for his useless garbage to preserve their precious little selfhoods for a few more days against the inevitable abyss that will consume us all. That money could've went to the Philippines, or animal shelters with a no-kill policy, or a thousand other beneficial places. Instead it goes into John B. Wells indie-jean pockets, right next to his undoubtedly massive and gray genitalia.

This is what alcoholism and/or painkiller addiction can do to a person, though. You end up doing one bad thing you told yourself you'd never do, then you see how easy it is. Then you do something worse, and worse, and eventually you're selling RF shielding mesh over the internet to idiots. And fuuckin geiger counters. What the fuck do I do if I find there's a shit ton of radiation in my house, John? Huh? What the fuck do I do? Get in my car and drive away? And go where? Do I put the fucker on the hood on my car and wait till it quits chirping, then park it, get out and inhale the cool non-irradiated afternoon breeze? And what if it happens to be someone's fucking yard? And what if I happen to have defecated myself in the process?

John, remember the man you were when you were selling cigarettes to South Africans. That man is still there, somewhere deep inside. It's not too late to change, John. Every moment above ground is an opportunity for genuine change. You worthless piece of goblin shit.

This is the best analysis of Wells on here. 8)

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on December 27, 2013, 06:30:41 PM
Amazing, isn't it.  Noory has his nightly C2C show during the week, the make-believe TV show "Beyond Belief, Ancient Alien appearances (at least at one time) and cross country tours, such as his Toronto Elvis impersonations.  Now it looks like Wells is spreading his empire.  All of this with apparently no non-compete concerns.

And Art?  About six weeks on Sirius and probably never to be heard broadcasting again.  How can this not make one wonder.

I started typing out a whole rant on competition in free markets but instead I'll just say I feel the same and it really is frustrating.

Sambo

Because stupid sells. American culture has manufactured a lot of idiots because that is the assumption taken by big business. That you are all stupid

zeebo

Quote from: Sambo on December 27, 2013, 07:52:16 PM
Because stupid sells. American culture has manufactured a lot of idiots because that is the assumption taken by big business. That you are all stupid

I'd respond but I don't have time, Kardashians are on.

georgesucks

What happen? Is Wells still a host on coast or not??

cweb

http://caravantomidnight.com/ctm-member-subscription-page/

Now who in the heck would pay $50-$60 a year to listen to this dude's drivel?

oh. wait...

MikeJ

Quote from: zeebo on December 27, 2013, 08:21:36 PM
I'd respond but I don't have time, Kardashians are on.

Too true.  Religion is no longer the opium of the masses, television is.

aldousburbank

Quote from: MikeJ on December 27, 2013, 09:16:59 PM
Too true.  Religion is no longer the opium of the masses, television is.
Well, religion is still the opium. TV is the oxycodone, interweb is the acid.

tertiaryimam

Don't forget Noory's snack book. The one that causes explosive diarrhea for elderly bulldogs who don't need that sort of drama in their golden years.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 27, 2013, 06:11:32 PM

I have it on God good authority that Wells and George had a falling out. It was over a car, a woman, and a can of baked beans. A true American tragedy.

John B. Wells, if you're reading this I wish you wall the best in your Caravan to Midnight. Shine on you crazy diamond, like a candle in the wind!

Nebraska888

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 27, 2013, 05:31:12 PM

Yep.....agreed.

bigchucka

Quote from: cweb on December 27, 2013, 08:45:54 PM
http://caravantomidnight.com/ctm-member-subscription-page/

Now who in the heck would pay $50-$60 a year to listen to this dude's drivel?

oh. wait...

I thought potheads believed in giving a break when purchasing in larger amounts...

Morgus

Wells new CTM podcast has a schedule that seems to allow him to continue his weekend c2c late night hosting.
CTM is only Mon-Thur mornings.
So he would easily be able to rest and do Friday, Saturday, and even Sunday night c2c shows as well at times.

VtaGeezer

I don't wonder at all.  As a Bell listener from dial-up bulletin board days until he sold out his fans to PRN on the business advice of his hillbilly ham radio cadre, I recognize the Sirius show implosion as just another of his trademark WTF-was-he-thinking actions.  On the air, he's brilliant.  Off the air, he needs a legal guardian.

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on December 28, 2013, 01:05:52 AM
Wells new CTM podcast has a schedule that seems to allow him to continue his weekend c2c late night hosting.
CTM is only Mon-Thur mornings.
So he would easily be able to rest and do Friday, Saturday, and even Sunday night c2c shows as well at times.

Wells will still be doing Saturday night next year.  Unfortunately.

There is always hope he will want to concentrate on his podcast.

Nebraska888

Quote from: ItsOver on December 28, 2013, 11:49:34 AM
Wells will still be doing Saturday night next year.  Unfortunately.

UGH.   >:(