A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Jocko Johnson

They are all wandering shreds of human debris. Albeit probably very rich ones. Pieces of shit every one of the fucking sickening crazys!

DanTSX

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on December 09, 2013, 09:33:03 PM
They are all wandering shreds of human debris. Albeit probably very rich ones. Pieces of shit every one of the fucking sickening crazys!

That is a very jealous and angry sentiment.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: tertiaryimam on December 09, 2013, 09:23:47 PM

One of my criticisms of Art Bell back in the day was that he was not willing to give the religious a proportionate voice on his show.
I thought it was one of his smarter moves. No matter what the stated position, politics or religion will always offend many. Its not like Evangelicals have ever a shortage of media exposure.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: West of the Rockies on December 09, 2013, 11:53:30 AM
I am always astonished that people like Wells or Harold Camping (who predicted the end of the world multiple times on specific days) or Glenn Beck maintain an audience.  How many times can you really listen to their Chicken Little doom predictions before wising up?  What happens 8 months from now when China, in fact, does has not taken over?  No doubt UnWells will simply say, "Wise up, people... the date is coming."  The human ability to absorb horseshit from such people is astounding.
Wells was predicting frequently last Spring that the USA was going to come apart by July.  Then he quietly stfu about it when nothing at all happened.

Tommy TwoTons

Quote from: tertiaryimam on December 09, 2013, 09:23:47 PM

One of my criticisms of Art Bell back in the day was that he was not willing to give the religious a proportionate voice on his show. He had Hal Lindsay on, which was nice, but all in all he had very few "religious", and when he did they were often of the more fringe variety, such as Martin Bashir or Lance Bass. Being a Christian, I applaud George Noory and John B. Wells having more Christians on the air, and more Bible. It is written in 1st Peter 3:4, "The sword of the Lord hacketh at the chode of the unrighteous", and this, I think, is very apt to these days in times. Art Bell snorted derisively if anyone would even suggest that big foot might be a demon, or that Whitley Strieber may be a Mexican, or that UFOs might be the vehicles of the Elohim. I remember one time a man called in and asked Art if he accepted Jesus and Art said, "I'd accept my fist right into his bitch-ass face." I spit out my mountain dew all over my Gameboy when I heard that. For shame, Art! Hopefully in your old age you are considering the fate of your eternal soul!

For a few seconds, I thought you were serious.  This is the funniest damn thing I've read so far today!

I share your sentiments, Jocko.  And VtaGeezer, I recall JBW saying that too and then never addressing his prediction failure.  typical.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: Tommy TwoTons on December 09, 2013, 11:24:36 PM
For a few seconds, I thought you were serious.  This is the funniest damn thing I've read so far today!

I share your sentiments, Jocko.  And VtaGeezer, I recall JBW saying that too and then never addressing his prediction failure.  typical.

Thanks Tommy. I have a habit of posting funny shit, then seeing what sort of serious responses I'll get. It never fails. I'm mainly on the Art Bell quits thread --- recently there's a pretty good discussion of Ewok hunting, and before that we had some interesting and insightful interchanges about Will Smith's nepotism.

mombird3

The Glenn Beck thing is he can talk and he has a brain. But most times I find him a bit too much about religion. The radio media pays him plenty, but he prepares for the show! I have a feeling that C2C can only attract nut jobs. Alex Jones is better at what he does. The rest are not good.

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on December 09, 2013, 09:33:03 PM

This is brilliant. It sounds like something Burroughs or Bukowski would write,

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 09, 2013, 11:18:37 PM
Wells was predicting frequently last Spring that the USA was going to come apart by July.  Then he quietly stfu about it when nothing at all happened.

Well, VTA, I suspect that when it comes down to it, Wells just does not have much respect for his audience.  He spews nonsense, sees that his predictions do not come to pass, and then just assumes his listeners are too pin-headed to notice.  On he goes to the next big scare.  I heard Dennis Miller go off yesterday that he wouldn't be on the air if he just played it safe and polite.  He acknowledged that he has to maintain an audience by "pushing the envelope" of truth and civility (I am paraphrasing here -- he did not use the term "pushing the envelope"). 

The question is, what is the cost when a platoon of shock jocks keep spewing horseshit?  Doesn't it make the fringe element less fringe when their whacko views are suddenly discussed seriously by well-paid, fairly well-respected public voices?  Might over-the-top rhetoric contribute to a Timothy McVeigh type of individual deciding to do something crazy and violent?  I think it is foolish to not at least entertain these questions.  With freedom comes responsibility.  The Becks of the world want the 30 million per year, the accolades, the gratis meals, and such... they don't want to be responsible for their vile bile.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: West of the Rockies on December 11, 2013, 11:51:24 AM
Well, VTA, I suspect that when it comes down to it, Wells just does not have much respect for his audience.  He spews nonsense, sees that his predictions do not come to pass, and then just assumes his listeners are too pin-headed to notice.  On he goes to the next big scare.  I heard Dennis Miller go off yesterday that he wouldn't be on the air if he just played it safe and polite.  He acknowledged that he has to maintain an audience by "pushing the envelope" of truth and civility (I am paraphrasing here -- he did not use the term "pushing the envelope"). 

The question is, what is the cost when a platoon of shock jocks keep spewing horseshit?  Doesn't it make the fringe element less fringe when their whacko views are suddenly discussed seriously by well-paid, fairly well-respected public voices?  Might over-the-top rhetoric contribute to a Timothy McVeigh type of individual deciding to do something crazy and violent?  I think it is foolish to not at least entertain these questions.  With freedom comes responsibility.  The Becks of the world want the 30 million per year, the accolades, the gratis meals, and such... they don't want to be responsible for their vile bile.
We're in agreement. I used to watch Beck just to know what he was telling people and was repeatedly amazed at the truly ridiculous and inflammatory crap he got away with peddling as truth and fact.

DanTSX

Wells is on with Alex jones live right now

VtaGeezer

Quote from: DanTSX on December 11, 2013, 01:29:36 PM
Truly, the blind leading the blind.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 11, 2013, 12:35:07 PM
We're in agreement. I used to watch Beck just to know what he was telling people and was repeatedly amazed at the truly ridiculous and inflammatory crap he got away with peddling as truth and fact.
Just not a very smart man.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: DanTSX on December 11, 2013, 01:29:36 PM
Not jealous at all. Just an observation.  And why r u listening to AJ?

Tommy TwoTons

For the past few weeks, Wells has been repeating something like "If I suddenly drop off the radar, you can always find me at Caravan to Midnight."

I just looked at the schedule to see what dreck Jorch'll have on tonight- there is nothing listed past Friday, when Dave Schrader is guest hosting.

I'll admit I don't look at the schedule every single day- but I can't recall not seeing at least a week's worth of shows listed before, even when some had "TBA" for some of the future segments.

Maybe it's nothing, but coupled with his odd sign-off statements, I can't help but wonder if JBW got his crazy ass ejected from his seat on the mothership (the triple dose "Zombie John B weekend" was nearly insufferable...)  For those of you who heard him on AJ today (as posted above), did he make any allusions?

Is this coming Sunday supposed to be a Knapp show, does anyone know?

DanTSX

Quote from: Tommy TwoTons on December 11, 2013, 10:40:03 PM
For the past few weeks, Wells has been repeating something like "If I suddenly drop off the radar, you can always find me at Caravan to Midnight."

I just looked at the schedule to see what dreck Jorch'll have on tonight- there is nothing listed past Friday, when Dave Schrader is guest hosting.

I'll admit I don't look at the schedule every single day- but I can't recall not seeing at least a week's worth of shows listed before, even when some had "TBA" for some of the future segments.

Maybe it's nothing, but coupled with his odd sign-off statements, I can't help but wonder if JBW got his crazy ass ejected from his seat on the mothership (the triple dose "Zombie John B weekend" was nearly insufferable...)  For those of you who heard him on AJ today (as posted above), did he make any allusions?

Is this coming Sunday supposed to be a Knapp show, does anyone know?

He was surprisingly lucid and made a lot more sense in connecting his thoughts.

But it was still JBW level tinfoil, playing to AJ's goofiness perfectly.

I actually enjoyed the interview.  Then again, I do enjoy listening to Jones.  But I have a fairly intact bullshit filter.  The guy has passion for sure, unlike Nooron.

And he was far less boomy.  Somone mentioned some voice processing on C2C.  I didn't believe it then, but I think it is true now.  Wells was in the studio as far as I could tell.  It wasn't a phone or Skype.

Tommy TwoTons

Quote from: DanTSX on December 11, 2013, 10:50:58 PM
He was surprisingly lucid and made a lot more sense in connecting his thoughts.

But it was still JBW level tinfoil, playing to AJ's goofiness perfectly.

I actually enjoyed the interview.  Then again, I do enjoy listening to Jones.  But I have a fairly intact bullshit filter.  The guy has passion for sure, unlike Nooron.

And he was far less boomy.  Somone mentioned some voice processing on C2C.  I didn't believe it then, but I think it is true now.  Wells was in the studio as far as I could tell.  It wasn't a phone or Skype.

I'll agree with that part.  I can take AJ in very small doses.

Also, the JBW voice modulation.  I heard that show, and at first attributed the loss of bass to his being on a cell phone (or whatever it was), but now I wonder just how much is processing too.

ItsOver

Quote from: Tommy TwoTons on December 11, 2013, 10:40:03 PM

...Is this coming Sunday supposed to be a Knapp show, does anyone know?

Yes, assuming a normal schedule, Knapp should be on this Sunday.  Both Wells and Clyde's Ground Zero showed-up up with little to no warning but don't get our hopes up with the current situation.  ;)

Tommy TwoTons

Quote from: ItsOver on December 11, 2013, 11:17:16 PM
Yes, assuming a normal schedule, Knapp should be on this Sunday.  Both Wells and Clyde's Ground Zero showed-up up with little to no warning but don't get our hopes up with the current situation.  ;)

I'm not always able to listen on Sundays, so I lose track of Knapp's schedule.  Of course, it usually on the site!

Yeah, I won't get my hopes up- but maybe we'll get an xmas miracle :D

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: tertiaryimam on December 12, 2013, 05:04:55 AM
John B. Wells on Mandela's Tyranny
Just anotber old guy trying to look young. Dave and wells must have tbe same stylist.

tertiaryimam

Illuminati & Music Industry
Date:    12-14-13
Host:    John B. Wells
Guests:    Mark Dice

Famous pop stars and rappers from Jay-Z to Rihanna and Christina Aguilera are believed by many to be part of the infamous Illuminati secret society. Mark Dice, media analyst and political activist joins John B. Wells to discuss Illuminati in the music industry and how some of today’s hottest stars use secret symbols and song lyrics.

[attachimg=1]

Tommy TwoTons

Quote from: tertiaryimam on December 13, 2013, 05:22:19 AM

Famous pop stars and rappers from Jay-Z to Rihanna and Christina Aguilera are believed by many to be part of the infamous Illuminati secret society. Mark Dice, media analyst and political activist joins John B. Wells to discuss Illuminati in the music industry and how some of today’s hottest stars use secret symbols and song lyrics.

[attachimg=1]

Well, Seraphim will be happy that JBW hasn't dropped off the radar ;)

Re: illuminati & music: I hear that a lot about some of the performers named above.  Something about covering one eye, and making a shape with their fingers (triangle? Too tired to DDG it.)

tertiaryimam

Quote from: Tommy TwoTons on December 13, 2013, 05:31:20 AM
Well, Seraphim will be happy that JBW hasn't dropped off the radar ;)

Re: illuminati & music: I hear that a lot about some of the performers named above.  Something about covering one eye, and making a shape with their fingers (triangle? Too tired to DDG it.)

Well, it's undeniable that they're flirting with symbolism which has traditionally been associated with Freemasonry and certain European magical cults, although this sort of thing has been going on since the days of Led Zeppelin, the Beatles, etc. I think I will listen to the show, as I'm fascinated with this sort of thing --- even if I don't buy the more extreme interpretations of it. I think the goal is shock value rather than any real appreciation of the Occult. Capitalism in entertainment requires shock value, and as time goes on different musical genres need to "up the ante" to distinguish themselves and get more cash. And nothing is so shocking to Western Judeo-Christian culture as blasphemy and Satan. Rock has pretty much spent itself in this regard, so it follows that rap and R&B are the next to take up the mantle.

Quote from: Tommy TwoTons on December 13, 2013, 05:31:20 AM

I think Wells had this guy on (or someone with a similar story) before.

Quote from: tertiaryimam on December 13, 2013, 05:47:53 AM
although this sort of thing has been going on since the days of Led Zeppelin, the Beatles, etc. I think I will listen to the show, as I'm fascinated with this sort of thing --- even if I don't buy the more extreme interpretations of it. I think the goal is shock value rather than any real appreciation of the Occult.

Have you read the book Lipstick Traces? I think you might like it.
Excerpt from the blurb on amazon
"I am an antichrist!” shouted singer Johnny Rottenâ€"where in the world of pop music did that come from? Looking for an answer, with a high sense of the drama of the journey, Marcus takes us down the dark paths of counterhistory, a route of blasphemy, adventure, and surprise. This is no mere search for cultural antecedents. Instead, what Marcus so brilliantly shows is that various kinds of angry, absolute demandsâ€"demands on society, art, and all the governing structures of everyday lifeâ€"seem to be coded in phrases, images, and actions passed on invisibly, but inevitably, by people quite unaware of each other."

tertiaryimam

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on December 13, 2013, 05:50:32 AM
I think Wells had this guy on (or someone with a similar story) before.

Have you read the book Lipstick Traces? I think you might like it.
Excerpt from the blurb on amazon
"I am an antichrist!” shouted singer Johnny Rottenâ€"where in the world of pop music did that come from? Looking for an answer, with a high sense of the drama of the journey, Marcus takes us down the dark paths of counterhistory, a route of blasphemy, adventure, and surprise. This is no mere search for cultural antecedents. Instead, what Marcus so brilliantly shows is that various kinds of angry, absolute demandsâ€"demands on society, art, and all the governing structures of everyday lifeâ€"seem to be coded in phrases, images, and actions passed on invisibly, but inevitably, by people quite unaware of each other."

I just bought a copy of it on the cheap per your recommendation. It looks incredibly interesting. Apparently he references different Rhineland heretical groups --- something I've been researching lately --- so its particularly timely.

Thanks a bunch Mind Flayer Monk.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: tertiaryimam on December 13, 2013, 05:22:19 AM

[attachimg=1]

This could be a cool show. I got sucked into watching a bunch of these Illuminati videos on YouTube the other day.

I were Rihanna, I'd be flashing that triangle just to keep people like Clyde Lewis and the rabid YouTubers talking about it for weeks.

[attachimg=1]