• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

the_Stranger

Quote from: albrecht on January 15, 2017, 07:54:12 PM
I guess I would need to see how your friend's hair looked before voting for the barber. (In the UK they actually give out medals, they call them "honours," to barbers hair-stylists.*)  Thinking of it now though, often people like barbers, bartenders, cabbies, beat cops know the actual, day-to-day situation in the neighborhoods, cities, and country better than ivory-towered academics, some billionaire real-estate developer, Hollywood addicts, or some fat-cat in Congress.

* http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-25629480
I've written in Ric Flair's name at least half a dozen times in the last 25 years.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 15, 2017, 10:35:12 PM
Its okay, Trump has it covered. Acid baths outside the hospitals to get rid of those with less than imminent death.

The American public has no idea how fragile our American healthcare system is. On any given day, hospitals across the US are full, the ERs are full, and there are often patients waiting hours to days in the ER to be admitted. We are one pandemic or natural disaster away from total chaos. People are shocked when they see the ER hallways full, with paramedics lined up waiting to offload patients. The last thing we need are more acutely ill patients. All the more reason to get people established with healthcare and a regular provider who can help manage their care outside the hospital. But noooooooo, the GOP doesn't want the government involved in keeping people healthy.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on January 15, 2017, 10:50:09 PM
The American public has no idea how fragile our American healthcare system is. On any given day, hospitals across the US are full, the ERs are full, and there are often patients waiting hours to days in the ER to be admitted. We are one pandemic or natural disaster away from total chaos. People are shocked when they see the ER hallways full, with paramedics lined up waiting to offload patients. The last thing we need are more acutely ill patients. All the more reason to get people established with healthcare and a regular provider who can help manage their care outside the hospital. But noooooooo, the GOP doesn't want the government involved in keeping people healthy.

Maybe because insurance companies always have the patient's best interest at heart? Oh wait... It staggers me that pre conditions that a patient might have can preclude treatment being paid for by an insurance company.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: Justin otherday on January 15, 2017, 10:56:14 PM
Maybe because insurance companies always have the patient's best interest at heart? Oh wait... It staggers me that pre conditions that a patient might have can preclude treatment being paid for by an insurance company.

I know it's hard to believe, but that was the case prior to ACA/Obamacare.  Even now they often do their best to find reasons not to pay.

p.s...Justin? what have you done with our Pud?

SciFiAuthor

the GOP doesn't want the government involved in keeping people healthy.

You can't legislate people into being healthy. And ultimately, there is no such thing anyway. One day you're fine, the next day pop goes the aneurysm. You need to quit pontificating and visit some old folks homes and see what the fuck you're condemning people to by promoting healthy living. Death and ill health isn't pretty, but the longer you clip along the worse the end is.

Quote from: Justin otherday on January 15, 2017, 10:56:14 PM
Maybe because insurance companies always have the patient's best interest at heart?...

That's apparently what the Ds believe - they let the insurance companies write ObamaCare.  In the back room, no Rs allowed to even look at it before the bill came to the floor, IIRC.

The problem here is the thing was illegally passed, against the will of the vast majority.  People were promised if they liked their existing insurance, they could keep it.  That was a lie.  They were told if they liked their doctor, they could keep him or her.  That was a lie.  They were told the cost of the average price of everyone's insurance would go down by $2500.  That was a lie.  They told us illegal aliens wouldn't be eligible for government subsidies.  That was a lie.

People were told they had to buy coverage.  When that went to the Supreme Court, the Obama Admin told us it wasn't a tax.  In order for swing vote Roberts to call it ''Constitutional'', he had to say it WAS a tax.  The Court illegally found the government forcing us to buy something to be Constitutional, when it isn't. 

When the insurance policies of Big Labor and other political supporters of Obama and the Ds were threatened, they got waivers.  The rest of us didn't.

Anyone not covered originally, who met low income limits, was eligible for Medicaid.  If that wasn't adequate, those limits could have been raised and that would have been that - instead of the illegal pile of shit that favors Obama supports that we got.

What the Rs ought to do is repeal the whole thing, immediately pass a new bill that includes the portions worth retaining, something more market orientated for most of us, that takes ''the poor'' into consideration.  In other words something that should have been passed in the first place.   

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 15, 2017, 11:15:40 PM
You can't legislate people into being healthy. And ultimately, there is no such thing anyway. You need to quit pontificating and visit some old folks homes and see what the fuck you're condemning people to by promoting healthy living. Death and ill health isn't pretty, but the longer you clip along the worse the end is.

Sorry, but you're confused. Remember, it was the Republicans who accused Obama, et all of planning to set up "death panels" as part of their healthcare reform. You and the GOP can't have it both ways.

Sarah Palin, former Republican Governor of Alaska, coined the term when she charged that proposed legislation would create a "death panel" of bureaucrats who would decide whether Americansâ€"such as her elderly parents or children with Down syndromeâ€"were "worthy of medical care".

Other prominent Republicans such as Newt Gingrich and conservative talk radio hosts Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh and Michelle Malkin backed Palin's statement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_panel

A major problem with health care insurance is that for the majority of people it's tied to their employer. 

People don't all have exactly what they would choose for themselves.  The best way to hold costs down is to have the people who use the insurance select and pay for the insurance.  It needs to be disconnected from their employer. 

That employers pay for health care insurance is a holdover from wage and price controls during WWII.  In order to lure new employees, employers would offer non-cash benefits since they couldn't offer more pay.  They began to offer healthcare insurance. 

A key to fixing this is to adjust the tax laws:  credits and deductions for individuals buying insurance, and ending them for employers.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 15, 2017, 11:15:40 PM
You can't legislate people into being healthy.

No, but you'll still be paying for them when they get sick, and they will. Because we are not (yet) a society of barbarians, law enforcement, social workers, etc can deem someone gravely disabled if they would likely die without medical care. For example a disabled person covered in bedsores, starving, septic, etc  can be brought to the hospital and provided care whether they (or you) like it or not.  We aren't quite at a place where we all just look the other way.

3OctaveFart

I agree with all of this. The Ebola outbreak of 2014 revealed what a shitshow our system is.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 15, 2017, 04:52:00 PM
I don't get why so many people here automatically assume that dislike of DT equates with a full embrace of a far left or any other kind of agenda. I've disliked him for many years because he's a crass, misogynistic blowhard with no self-control who has no ethical or moral center, and whose only core beliefs are self-enrichment and self-aggrandizement by any means necessary. I truly believe he has never given a shit about another human being except maybe his kids. Feel free to believe what you like about my politics even though almost none of you know anything about me, but don't assume they have anything to do with the disgust and loathing I feel for the president-elect. That's strictly personal.

I agree with you 100% and I've never voted for a Democrat running for President.  Well-said.  I am giving him the benefit of the doubt for the time being though, hoping for the best.

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on January 15, 2017, 11:33:11 PM
No, but you'll still be paying for them when they get sick, and they will. Because we are not (yet) a society of barbarians, law enforcement, social workers, etc can deem someone gravely disabled if they would likely die without medical care. For example a disabled person covered in bedsores, starving, septic, etc  can be brought to the hospital and provided care whether they (or you) like it or not.  We aren't quite at a place where we all just look away.

Another part of this is the appalling situation the ''Progressives'' running our big cities have created.  We have 10s of millions of people with lousy educations, businesses and potential jobs run out of town, living on handouts - just enough to keep them alive.  I resent having to support people who should be productive and supporting themselves.

The situation in these places needs to change, which means those currently in charge being swept away. 

It's an enormous number of people who would then be happier, productive, out of the system and supporting themselves, including their own healthcare.  The Ds will resist that with everything they have.  They need these people to stay in this condition and voting for them, or they would disappear as a party.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 15, 2017, 06:28:10 PM
Okay, if it makes everyone happy, I voted for Kodos and I feel no obligation to defend my decision to anyone.

That is where we part.  Even Trump is better than Hillary though.  A vote for someone else was a vote for Hillary.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 15, 2017, 11:23:01 PM
That's apparently what the Ds believe - they let the insurance companies write ObamaCare.  In the back room, no Rs allowed to even look at it before the bill came to the floor, IIRC.

What the Rs ought to do is repeal the whole thing, immediately pass a new bill that includes the portions worth retaining, something more market orientated for most of us, that takes ''the poor'' into consideration.  In other words something that should have been passed in the first place.   

No one is saying the ACA was perfect (see Bernie Sanders statement above). Problems with the ACA can be traced to the fact that it was passed as a compromised plan.  Compromised because of the dogged determination of the GOP to see it fail.

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on January 15, 2017, 11:48:31 PM
No one is saying the ACA was perfect (see Bernie Sanders statement above). Problems with the ACA can be traced to the fact that it was passed as a compromised plan.  Compromised because of the dogged determination of the GOP to see it fail.

How were there compromises?  The Democrats passed the plan without a single Republican vote.  There were no compromises.  If the Democrats had tried to compromise, it is unlikely we would be here today bitching about Obamacare.  I've thought for a long time that our healthcare system needed some reforms but the Democrats refused to listen to what anyone on the right had to say.

Yes, there were some Rs who vowed to not work with him, just as the party that loses the presidency always has some members that won't work with the president from the other party.  (We are seeing it again now, as always, but somehow this time it's reported by the Fake News Media as the noble, ethical thing to do.) 

Not every Republican was opposed to working with the guy, far from it (I realize that is not the narritive the Ds and their accomplices in the Fake New Media have presented for eight years, but it's the truth). 

The idea is to entice at least a few votes for various legislation from the other party.  That's the way it's worked from the beginning.

Not these arrogant Ds, with their new arrogant president.  When Obama took office, he had the House and a filibuster proof Senate.  In his arrogance, he decided he didn't need any Rs.  Do you remember Obama taking office, and John McCain and the House and Senate leadership went to pay him a visit, to see what interests they had in common they could work together on?  He told them he had won the election, and to basically fuck off.

So who is it that wasn't willing to compromise? 

Not a single R was asked to support it, or given a chance to offer amendments in committee.  It seems to me major legislation such as this should be bi-partisan, or at least discussed/debated and amendments proposed.  Legislation of this magnitude ought to be supported by a clear majority of the American people, not opposed by them.  So we're supposed to not eliminate it now?  If you don't like what's coming, talk to Nancy Pelosi.

Jackstar

'I think the puppet on the right left shares my beliefs.'

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 16, 2017, 12:01:35 AM
'I think the puppet on the leftright is more to my liking.'

'Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy extra-dimensional predator-genome holding out both puppets!'”

Jackstar

Quote from: Justin Time on January 15, 2017, 07:41:33 PM
Worked with the Phased Plasma Rifle in the 40 watt range?

Hey, just what you see.

Jackstar

Quote from: Meatie Pie on January 15, 2017, 06:55:10 PM
I will enjoy the cockroach-scattering when the fuckhead is impeached in 2019.

How would this be so much worse than when it was a Clinton doing it?

GravitySucks

Bullshit. He promised at least 8 times there would be public debate on health care reform. Compromise might have happened with lobbyists. Please name specific compromises made to accomodate republicans.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kPMf6kW_1Nw

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 16, 2017, 12:09:50 AM
... Please name specific compromises made to accomodate republicans.

I'd like to know what she meant as well

Jackstar

Quote from: norland2424 on January 15, 2017, 06:45:18 PM
everyone got to see you spaz out again

These are bold words from the guy who has changed his avatar five times in three days.

Quote from: norland2424 on January 15, 2017, 06:30:18 PM
Again i don't run my mouth online, i know better.

O my nigga. Please.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 15, 2017, 07:18:06 PM
Shit! I should be watching that too.  :o

Don't you have any respect for yourself?

GravitySucks

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 16, 2017, 12:13:12 AM

Most of it was written while Robert Creamer was in prison if I understand the story. The same hack that resigned when it was revealed he was facilitating the violence at Trump rallies.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/revealed-man-wrote-obamacare/

GravitySucks

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 16, 2017, 12:13:12 AM

Must have been the parts about being able to keep your doctor or existing plan if you were satisfied with them.

Or the part about saving the average current insurance holder $2500 per year.

3OctaveFart

Quote from: Jackstar on January 16, 2017, 12:08:26 AM
How would this be so much worse than when it was a Clinton doing it?
Because Ronald McTrump is likely to be impeached for high crimes and misdemeanors, not for getting head from a fat chick.

I love that you all still can't stop thinking about Bubba. He owns you bitches, even 20 years later.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 16, 2017, 12:09:50 AM
Bullshit. He promised at least 8 times there would be public debate on health care reform. Compromise might have happened with lobbyists. Please name specific compromises made to accomodate republicans.

You and others here seem to suffer from memory loss. The word compromise was synonymous with the ACA. The compromises were in effect by the time the vote was taken.

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/oct/15/opinion/la-oe-mansbridge-obamacare-democrats-single-payer-20131015

GravitySucks

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on January 16, 2017, 12:24:07 AM
You and others here seem to suffer from memory loss. The word compromise was synonymous with the ACA. The compromises were in effect by the time the vote was taken.

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/oct/15/opinion/la-oe-mansbridge-obamacare-democrats-single-payer-20131015

LOL you crack me up.

Are you kidding me?  If there was truly compromise then there would have been Republican votes for it.  You'll have to do better than that, Uhura.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on January 15, 2017, 11:23:07 PM
Sorry, but you're confused. Remember, it was the Republicans who accused Obama, et all of planning to set up "death panels" as part of their healthcare reform. You and the GOP can't have it both ways.

Fuck death panels, that's people deciding for someone else. Just smoke and drink and drop dead at 55, no need for a hospital. That's what we used to do. For some reason everyone became obsessed with living 3 times longer than all humans in history lived. You are designed by nature to die at 30. We're just animals no different than any other. Yes, we can extend life, but the problem is the longer you go past realistically reproducing the more nature wants you dead and comes up with shit way worse than dying of a bacterial infection or a bear attack. You need to remember that you and I should be dead already.

Sarah Palin, former Republican Governor of Alaska, coined the term when she charged that proposed legislation would create a "death panel" of bureaucrats who would decide whether Americansâ€"such as her elderly parents or children with Down syndromeâ€"were "worthy of medical care".

She was always a dingbat. But don't think a left-wing system is any better. Coercive sterilizations, eugenics, racially motivated abortions, it's just awful the shit your side has done over the last century.

Other prominent Republicans such as Newt Gingrich and conservative talk radio hosts Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh and Michelle Malkin backed Palin's statement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_panel

Yeah, yeah, politics from years ago. But I'm not a republican. I'm a centrist.

SciFiAuthor

Where the fuck were you in those days?