• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art In Ohio?

Started by As Baile, October 24, 2012, 10:38:22 PM

As Baile

Okay - I am not totally sure about this, but on Monday, I swear I heard Art Bell doing a small snippet on a local radio station. He did say his name and that he was enjoying the suddenly warm weather of northeast Ohio. It DID sound very much like him but was confused as to why he would be in this area. The station was WKSU: The Kent State University National Public Radio affiliate. He was making an announcement of upcoming programs on the station (not anything he was doing). He was only on for maybe 30 seconds but knew right away it was him.

Am I hearing things? I actually heard the broadcast on my TuneIn Radio App on my phone, bt i somewhat live in the area and know that is the radio station.

Eddie Coyle

It would be great if that was the avenue he chose for a comeback. Voiceovers for college radio in Ohio. It would Greta Garbo reappearing in the 80's on "Charles in Charge" or something.

As Baile

:) Yes indeed. I am listening to the station again this morning to see if he comes on. I will record it and see on trying to post it somehow.

ziznak

Definitely get to the bottom of this one... very curious!

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 25, 2012, 12:27:11 AM

It would be great if that was the avenue he chose for a comeback. Voiceovers for college radio in Ohio. It would Greta Garbo reappearing in the 80's on "Charles in Charge" or something.

You win the "My Morning Jack...er,Chuckle" award.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Sardondi on October 25, 2012, 09:45:12 AM
You win the "My Morning Jack...er,Chuckle" award.
Excellent! Sacheen Littlefeather will be picking it up for me, though.

In current day America, who has a higher Q rating, Garbo or Baio? I know the answer.

BobGrau

Maybe someone made an Art Bell soundboard.

ItsOver

Can't imagine what Art would be doing in NE Ohio.  Maybe he's enjoying the Fall weather.  ;)

b_dubb

Rock and Roll Hall O' Fame?

Eddie Coyle

The Rock Mall of Lame, a toilet for egomaniacs and elitists. Fitting that it's in Cleveland, a city whose population has dropped from 900K in the 1940's to under 400K nowadays...it's apposite for rock's decline.

It can't be Art...there would have been a Facebook avalanche.