• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

I keep thinking there's still a chance the entire Coast world is a 'work' similar to WWE, everybody is in character, a big spoof.

On this station I'm listening to tonight in Texas they followed Coast with an old episode of Coast and Jorch is talking to Jerry Corsi and without any giveaway that they aren't being completely earnest they are discussing getting Fidel Castro on the show!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

yeah, ol' Fidel never did the interview, like a hundred other big name guests Jorch may have actually believed he had a chance of getting on Coast. 

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on April 14, 2018, 11:30:27 PM
Art Bell understood that radio is theater of the mind, to some degree he played a character but it was a character close to his own, Art was a tech/science geek and open to high strangeness/paranormal possibilities. He knew the audience wanted to believe or suspend disbelief and gave them that kind of show.

Jorch is a mediocre TV broadcast news drone who latched on to a subject area that for a time was very popular. Paranormal phenomena is like pro wrestling in that interest in it waxes and wanes over time.

That about sums it up, although 'mediocre' gives George too much credit

Listening to the 5am recycle from across the room - did I just hear "very perfect timing"? That oxymoron isn't very perfect.

If you've never heard Phil Hendrie's Art Bell Coast 2 Coast parodies you should do so. They were obviously done by somebody with admiration for the show because you'd have to listen to hundreds of hours of Art to create sketches so inside Coast.

https://the-eye.eu/public/Radio/The%20Ultimate%20Art%20Bell%20Collection/Extras/Phil%20Hendrie%27s%20Art%20Bell%20Parodies/

Parris001

Breath easy Snoory. Art will never take your gig back.

albrecht

I was curious how Norry would handle the sad news Friday so listened last night and it was typical Norry, though he was forced to admit that their relationship was  contentious. But he promises to have a tribute show. Connie says it will be a "great tribute" but not sure if one show or many shows. There was some spectacular Norryisms on Friday with guest and his Art news update but it was late and I forgot them.

iHateMedia,Inc, if you want to tribute Art Bell, release all the shows!

Morgus

Quote from: albrecht on April 15, 2018, 03:41:31 PM
I was curious how Norry would handle the sad news Friday so listened last night and it was typical Norry, though he was forced to admit that their relationship was  contentious. But he promises to have a tribute show. Connie says it will be a "great tribute" but not sure if one show or many shows. There was some spectacular Norryisms on Friday with guest and his Art news update but it was late and I forgot them.

iHateMedia,Inc, if you want to tribute Art Bell, release all the shows!
If the mini-tributes to Art that Noory did on Friday night are any clue, don't expect much for more.
Friday night Noory played an old song that he wrote years ago that was more a poor parody song than a tribute.
Then he played a clip of the old Area 51 plane caller for the last half hour plus a Frank Sinatra song, probably more so Noory could avoid more callers and split early like he usually does on Friday nights...

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on April 15, 2018, 03:48:15 PM
If the mini-tributes to Art that Noory did on Friday night are any clue, don't expect much for more.
Friday night Noory played an old song that he wrote years ago that was more a poor parody song than a tribute.
Then he played a clip of the old Area 51 plane caller for the last half hour plus a Frank Sinatra song, probably more so Noory could avoid more callers and split early like he usually does on Friday nights...
Well, if he didn't play UFO Phil, I'll buy Art a thank you drink someday.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on April 15, 2018, 03:52:30 PM
Why did He have to take Art but Jack from Banyan Hill is still alive and talking?

Morgus

Quote from: ItsOver on April 15, 2018, 03:52:30 PM
Yep that was the only good thing - UFO Phil's song got replaced with Frank Sinatra for one Friday night...

albrecht

Quote from: Morgus on April 15, 2018, 04:05:09 PM
Yep that was the only good thing - UFO Phil's song got replaced with Frank Sinatra for one Friday night...
When the caller suggested it as a tribute to Art Norry acted like it was a difficult thing to do. For a radio show owned by a huge media company in an expensive studio with staff to play at recording was too complicated. But, somehow, Norry and Tommee pulled off the impossible and played Frank!

DanTSX

Quote from: Morgus on April 15, 2018, 04:05:09 PM

Fitting outro

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on April 15, 2018, 03:56:08 PM
Why did He have to take Art but Jack from Banyan Hill is still alive and talking?
God likes to laugh at us.

FallenSeraph

Does Noory still come around here? I forgot his username.

I haven't listened to C2C in at least a year, due to some weird, flirty FB messages I started getting from Schrader, which ultimately turned me off all of it. (I'm glad DS is engaged now. That guy was lonely. Flattering, but yeah, he needed a woman.)

GravitySucks

Quote from: FallenSeraph on April 15, 2018, 06:37:34 PM

I haven't listened to C2C in at least a year, due to some weird, flirty FB messages I started getting from Schrader, which ultimately turned me off all of it. (I'm glad DS is engaged now. That guy was lonely. Flattering, but yeah, he needed a woman.)

GNoory. He probably forgot it too. Keeps entering DaveNoory

ItsOver

Jorch hasn't been here in a long time.  He's no longer worried about any threats to his C2C gig.

Well that's not weird.............

GravitySucks

Needing a woman is not a bad thing unless you don’t have one.

DanTSX

Post screen shots

#metoo

We have your back sister

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on April 15, 2018, 05:00:52 AM
If you've never heard Phil Hendrie's Art Bell Coast 2 Coast parodies you should do so. They were obviously done by somebody with admiration for the show because you'd have to listen to hundreds of hours of Art to create sketches so inside Coast.

https://the-eye.eu/public/Radio/The%20Ultimate%20Art%20Bell%20Collection/Extras/Phil%20Hendrie%27s%20Art%20Bell%20Parodies/

THANK YOU! I used to love listening to Phil

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 15, 2018, 07:10:30 PM
Needing a woman is not a bad thing unless you don’t have one.
50/50 isnt right bec after divorce, woman loses handyman ($40/hr value easily) but man only loses domestic help ($15/hr).  She loses more; she should get 60%.  Besides he CAN clean, whereas it is much harder for her to strain.

"Jim, humanity has always been looking for ways to improve on our suffering and improve on disease, aging and involuntary death..."
Albert Einstein July 19, 2007

I need this to be my forum signature, it's so beautiful