• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

Morgus

Quote from: Scully on February 02, 2014, 04:14:48 AM
I'm happy to report that Knapp said at the start of the show tonight that he will be doing a Saturday show once a month for at least the next couple of months.  If I got that wrong, you can shoot me, but I don't think it was just wishful thinking that made me hear that.  He always does 2 or 3 Sundays a month, so yeah, he'll be back pretty soon.  ;D
Yeah I heard that too.
Noory is probably getting 4 different hosts to each take one Saturday a month for awhile until they pick somebody permanent.
One question is who will be taking over Wells' 2nd Sunday of the month spot, starting next weekend?
Hopefully Noory doesn't step in again like he did to take the 1st Sunday of the month spot...

Morgus

Quote from: VtaGeezer on February 02, 2014, 10:13:13 AM
I listened to the segment on rigged pro sports.  I liked it. It was more the kind of topic Punnett would have done than Knapp's usual fare. 
I seem to recall the same guest was on in the past (probably with Ian) too...

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Morgus on February 02, 2014, 02:35:17 PM
I seem to recall the same guest was on in the past (probably with Ian) too...
Right you are!  Several times.

mombird3

This was good news. I was getting so tired of John Wells.

Quote from: zeebo on February 02, 2014, 05:36:43 AM
I don't know how this stuff works but sounded like Knapp had the line-up tonight kinda foisted on him? 

He read the guest's book (or at least skimmed it and took notes) so I don't think it was a last minute decision to put him on there.

The gambling was because of the Super Bowl. I never knew that the NFL, a $10 billion industry, has one game with $100 billion in bets.

Morgus

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on February 02, 2014, 04:55:30 PM
He read the guest's book (or at least skimmed it and took notes) so I don't think it was a last minute decision to put him on there.
i was impressed Knapp read the guest's book the day before,
Noory would just toss it in the big pile to giveaway as a prize and never read it...

zeebo

Quote from: Morgus on February 02, 2014, 07:21:18 PM
i was impressed Knapp read the guest's book the day before,
Noory would just toss it in the big pile to giveaway as a prize and never read it...

Yes you can just tell Knapp has done some real prep and that he enjoys the process of discovering new things from reading.  It comes across in his specific and relevant questions which in turn builds a great rapport with the guest.  Coherent and insightful interviews result.  It is a joy.  (Noory's process and results are basically the opposite of all that.)

yumyumtree

"Alternative media activist" is the politest way Ive heard Alex Jones described in a long time.

Watch, he's going to find a way to compare himself to Dinesh D'Souza. He's always doing things like that.

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on February 02, 2014, 08:06:35 PM
Yes you can just tell Knapp has done some real prep and that he enjoys the process of discovering new things from reading.  It comes across in his specific and relevant questions which in turn builds a great rapport with the guest.  Coherent and insightful interviews result.  It is a joy.  (Noory's process and results are basically the opposite of all that.)

AGREED!

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on February 02, 2014, 04:55:30 PM

The gambling was because of the Super Bowl. I never knew that the NFL, a $10 billion industry, has one game with $100 billion in bets.

Can that be right - that averages out to $350 for every American?

John Smith

I'm enjoying the post JBW era already. looking forward to the guest hosts and wouldn't mind if Knapp was given the Sat night gig.

Edit: Eesh, just saw that Alex Jones hosted last night, was this to throw some red meat to angry JBW fans?

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 03, 2014, 06:26:19 AM

I am surprised it is that low. I would have guessed closer to 200 billion.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 03, 2014, 06:26:19 AM

That was what I think I heard the guest say. I will give it a relisten tomorrow, but it did sound like he said $100 billion in bets.

ItsOver

Quote from: John Smith on February 03, 2014, 06:45:12 AM
I'm enjoying the post JBW era already. looking forward to the guest hosts and wouldn't mind if Knapp was given the Sat night gig.

Edit: Eesh, just saw that Alex Jones hosted last night, was this to throw some red meat to angry JBW fans?

I think it would be great if the weekends were eventually turned over to Knapp.  Unfortunately, in the past, Knapp hasn't wanted to do more than his usual several Sundays a month, due to his other commitments.

It would be nice if he was on more, but just one night with Knapp > than an entire month of noories, I always look forward to his shows and I'm glad he's back on and feeling better.  IMHO he's got the right subjects, the right tone, intelligence, wit, he's consistent & seems to actually genuinely give a shit. 

Nebraska888

Quote from: Threaten the Hoover on February 05, 2014, 03:14:57 PM
It would be nice if he was on more, but just one night with Knapp > than an entire month of noories, I always look forward to his shows and I'm glad he's back on and feeling better.  IMHO he's got the right subjects, the right tone, intelligence, wit, he's consistent & seems to actually genuinely give a shit.

AMEN!   ;)

zeebo

... just one night with Knapp > than an entire month of noories

Yep you have the math right.  If you could somehow extract all the worthwhile content from that Noory month, then restructure it in a comprehensible structure, then split it into segments spliced together with good bumper music ... you'd have slightly less value than a single Knapp show.

BattyBrooke

It would be nice if he was on more, but just one night with Knapp > than an entire month of noories,

I think Noory is going to try his best to prevent there being a permanent weekend host because he simply does not want to give anyone the chance to outshine him. I think he'd prefer rotating guest hosts, assigned shitty/non-coast topics, like this Sunday's topic assigned to the ever-so-awesome Dave Schrader - Painkiller Addiction. What in thee f*ck?! How is *that* a fitting C2C topic??!! Noory sucks, he knows it and he's like a decrepit dog guarding his rotting bone. He need not worry though, Clear Channel has deemed him their greatest gate keeper ever. He could come one everynight and discuss his velcro tupee for 4 hours and they'd keep him as their permanent host indefinitely.

FallenSeraph

This morning I tried to chase down a rumor -- mentioned over on the GNS thread -- that Knapp was also leaving C2C. I didn't find anything, but I did find this fairly recent (Sept. 2013) conversation on Above Top Secret that's just interesting stuff for those of you who are, well, interested. Maybe it's already been posted here. If so, sorry.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread971196/pg1
"My name is George Knapp and for 30 years, I've been an investigative reporter. Ask me anything."

(Identity was verified by the moderator.)

It's been awhile since I've been over to Above Top Secret. There are some hilarious George-haters there as well.

awake

Quote from: Seraphim27 on February 11, 2014, 11:36:38 AM
This morning I tried to chase down a rumor -- mentioned over on the GNS thread -- that Knapp was also leaving C2C. I didn't find anything, but I did find this fairly recent (Sept. 2013) conversation on Above Top Secret that's just interesting stuff for those of you who are, well, interested. Maybe it's already been posted here. If so, sorry.

Seraphim, I checked his facebook page and saw nothing on his page regarding a departure.  The C2C page also still contains his info.  I saw the mention of Knapp being fired/quitting posted earlier but I think this might have been a bum steer.

Bart Ell

His name makes me sleepy.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Bart Ell on February 11, 2014, 01:20:55 PM
Damn dude, you brought some funny! Welcome to the forum. Don't Post often!

Foodlion

Quote from: Bart Ell on February 11, 2014, 01:20:55 PM

His first name gives me explosive diarrhea.

I'm still trying to figure that one out...

Bart Ell

Quote from: Foodlion on February 11, 2014, 07:22:38 PM
His first name gives me explosive diarrhea.

I'm still trying to figure that one out...

I didn't even notice he had a first name... guess I have learned to tune it out.

cweb

just one night with Knapp > than an entire month of noories
that's what she said

VtaGeezer

The Noory health crusaders even got to Knapp...first hour tonight is on f'ing supplements.  Does anyone really think I want health advice from an enjoyable show whose focus is UFOs, Bigfoot, and remote viewing??  Is Noory now sticking his nose into Knapp's topics?

No Name Storm

Quote from: VtaGeezer on February 16, 2014, 10:37:19 PM
The Noory health crusaders even got to Knapp...first hour tonight is on f'ing supplements.  Does anyone really think I want health advice from an enjoyable show whose focus is UFOs, Bigfoot, and remote viewing??  Is Noory now sticking his nose into Knapp's topics?

I was going to post if anyone noticed what the first hour of George Knapp is going to be??? Supplements. Yep. Snooron's pet topic. Does anyone remember George Knapp ever....ever....doing a show on supplements??? I don't. It's obvious what is going on here. The Snooron will infiltrate every weekend show with his topics. We will be getting the Snooron's new direction. Face it. This is the new direction C2C will be taking. Open your eyes. Snooron and his Premiere Puppet Masters are totally evil. They have read how much we love the paranormal and that some of us only look forward to and listen to the show on weekend. They have decided to ruin that. I have not listened to a Snooron show now for several months and am so lucky. I only listen on the weekend. But if they are going to be the same crap on the weekend, just with different hosts, then I'm gone from the weekend too.

I don't listen, watch or read crap I don't like. George Noory, you are an evil and dark SOB. I can see you. The real you.

Nebraska888

Quote from: No Name Storm on February 16, 2014, 10:46:08 PM
I was going to post if anyone noticed what the first hour of George Knapp is going to be??? Supplements. Yep. Snooron's pet topic. Does anyone remember George Knapp ever....ever....doing a show on supplements??? I don't. It's obvious what is going on here. The Snooron will infiltrate every weekend show with his topics. We will be getting the Snooron's new direction. Face it. This is the new direction C2C will be taking. Open your eyes. Snooron and his Premiere Puppet Masters are totally evil. They have read how much we love the paranormal and that some of us only look forward to and listen to the show on weekend. They have decided to ruin that. I have not listened to a Snooron show now for several months and am so lucky. I only listen on the weekend. But if they are going to be the same crap on the weekend, just with different hosts, then I'm gone from the weekend too.

I don't listen, watch or read crap I don't like. George Noory, you are an evil and dark SOB. I can see you. The real you.

Geez......I KNOW......I will not listen to the first hour........after that, I'm all ears for the three hours of discussion concerning remote viewing.  I ABSOLUTELY HATE THE PROGRAMS ABOUT MEDICINES AND THE MEDICAL COMMUNITY!!!  STOP, ALREADY!  >:(

Nebraska888

Quote from: VtaGeezer on February 16, 2014, 10:37:19 PM

I believe that Noory IS sticking his stupid nose into Schrader and Knapp's programs. 

yumyumtree

Bill Sardi seems like the kind of guest who can interview himself, and doesn't really need a host. But I guess that he has his own show, which is probably an infomercial.
I was thinking that there might really be an intelligent discussion about supplements, but I don't think that will be happening.

I have never been a big supplement user myself, though I take vitamin C when I feel like I'm coming down with a cold and took iron sometimes when I was younger. The endocrinologist told me to take vitamin D daily for a thyroid thing, so I do that now. She doesn't seem to care where I buy them so I just get whatever is a good deal at Bartells or whatever. Other than that I am one of those people who thinks its still possible to get adequate nutrients from food. In fact it may be easier than ever, with improved food transportation and preservation methods and refrigeration.