• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

WOTR

Quote from: Ravenna on September 15, 2013, 11:18:11 PM
Anyone else going to listen to the Knappster tonight?  2nd half sounds good.  (Not the first half, to me:  I am so sick about hearing about the NSA and how they're going to violate our privacy, frankly).
There is no doubt I will be tuning in.  He is the only good thing left of Coast and the only host that I have even the slightest wish to hear.  He is actually good enough that I will mentally rename Coast "Dark Matter" tonight and pretend that he has already jumped ship and that I recieve not 4, but 5 episodes of Dark matter this week; 4 hosted by Art, one by Knapp.  My local station announces that I am "listening to Coast to Coast AM with George noory" every night regardless of the host.  Being as I already have to force myself to change the name of the host in my mind, it will be easy to change the name of the program as well...

I do take issue with the second part of your post.  It is not how the NSA is going to violate our privacy, it is how the NSA has already done so... and with almost no opposition.
***Edit; Ha, I am somehow lagging here by a week... My how time flies- but I will still be listening this week (last week I ended up working until 2 or 3 in the morning and missed the show.)***

Nebraska888

Quote from: Morgus on September 22, 2013, 08:25:01 PM
Interestingly, Bill Birnes appears frequently as a UFO expert on the syndicated TV show "Unsealed Alien Files" that just started its second season this weekend.
Coincidentally host John B. Wells is the voice announcer/narrator on that TV show and he plugged it last night on c2cam.

Yep, I heard the plug!  Sure wish Wells would take a few of the stories from that program and extend them into a program for Coast!

Chine

Really looking forward to Dr. John Alexander discussing Shamanism and Voodoo.

Uncle Duke

George did his usual fine job last night interviewing Col. Alexander and Bill Birnes.  I'm a real Alexander fan, he is a class act.  I've contacted him on a couple ocassions, his responses were prompt and well written.  It was obvious Col Alexander put both time and effort into the information he provided.

Birnes, on the other hand, is a self-promoting shill, one of the bigger con-men in modern ufology.   Hard to take a guy who wrote "Day After Roswell" seriously. 

Wintermute

Other than being robotic on the radio (he isn't on TV), I like Knapp. He does his homework and interviews like a pro. Now if he would expand his interviewee list a bit. Easily could have his own show.

onan

Quote from: Wintermute on September 26, 2013, 02:59:33 PM
Other than being robotic on the radio (he isn't on TV), I like Knapp. He does his homework and interviews like a pro. Now if he would expand his interviewee list a bit. Easily could have his own show.

He is on TV, Local TV in Las Vegas. And wants to keep focused on his television work. At least that is what I remember reading about him.

Morgus

We luckily get an extra show with George Knapp this month since there are 5 Sundays in Sept - he is hosting his 3rd Sunday this weekend.

EarthAlien007

Quote from: Morgus on September 26, 2013, 03:15:07 PM
We luckily get an extra show with George Knapp this month since there are 5 Sundays in Sept - he is hosting his 3rd Sunday this weekend.

Joining George Knapp in the first half, researcher David Paulides shares an update on the cases of people who inexplicably disappear from national parks.

In the latter half, author Bryce Zabel talks about his his meticulously researched new novel, Surrounded by Enemies: What If Kennedy Survived Dallas?, an alternative narrative of the turbulent 1960s after our charismatic president escapes unscathed on November 22, 1963.

aldousburbank

Love the Paulides stuff but his habit of starting too many responses by saying, Sooo..., is like being talked to by an insecure, know it all scout master. But whatever. Should be good to great radio.

SR-71

Disappearances/ If JFK Lived
Sun 09-29

Joining George Knapp in the first half, researcher David Paulides shares an update on the cases of people who inexplicably disappear from national parks.

In the latter half, author Bryce Zabel talks about his his meticulously researched new novel, Surrounded by Enemies: What If Kennedy Survived Dallas?, an alternative narrative of the turbulent 1960s after our charismatic president escapes unscathed on November 22, 1963.

BobGrau

Everyone knows JFK survived and is still performing today under the name 'Paul Mcartney'.
...Also, Mark Chapman is John Lennon.

Paulides will be ok.. unless there is newer info, or newer cases, I believe it's getting stale though..

Chine

Quote from: HorrorReporter on September 29, 2013, 04:32:14 PM
Paulides will be ok.. unless there is newer info, or newer cases, I believe it's getting stale though..

Same here. Looking forward to it in hopes there are updates.

SR-71

Quote from: Chine on September 29, 2013, 08:48:31 PM
Same here. Looking forward to it in hopes there are updates.
Knapp is the only real host that's left on coast am.

WOTR

Quote from: SR-71 on September 29, 2013, 11:34:41 AM
Disappearances/ If JFK Lived
Sun 09-29

I do not know about the second half... It is going to take some pretty fast talking to convince me that the man did not loose his brains all over the back seat of that Lincoln.

But the first half is guaranteed to be a winner and I will be tuning in again tonight.  I am so happy to have another night of Knapp.  ;D (If there were one of those "dancing banana" smilies I would put it here.) 

jinwicked

George Knapp's on, hurray!  :-*

e: Man, what I would give to have Art on Monday through Thursday, and Knapp on Friday through Sunday.

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 28, 2013, 02:28:03 PM
Love the Paulides stuff but his habit of starting too many responses by saying, Sooo..., is like being talked to by an insecure, know it all scout master. But whatever. Should be good to great radio.

https://chronicle.com/blogs/linguafranca/2011/12/02/so-it-turns-out-that-everyones-starting-sentences-with-so/

It's all over the place and it drives me insane. If you don't listen to NPR, don't ever do it. Land of So.

Catsmile

Knapp is playing some good old bumpers tonight.

http://youtu.be/217JOBWTolg

GK rocks it over the center field wall, once again!

HorrorRetro

I caught the first hour and part of the second.  David Paulides had some great stories.  The one where the woman was lost in the woods and kept seeing people hiding behind trees and boulders, who would turn and walk away when she approached them, scared the hell out of me.  We went on a day hike two weeks ago and got a bit lost, which is rare for me.  We hike up at Mt. Rainer National Park.  It was a rainy day, and this part of the park is actually not very well known.  Most of the road into it is closed due to a washout from a storm a few years ago. It's the most northwestern entry point into the park at the Carbon River. 

We're walking along the main trail and decided to head onto a tiny primitive trail and find the waterfalls we were hearing.  We got there fine.  Had to scramble over some huge dead trees and such. This area is rainforest with many downed huge trees that you have to work your way through.  We get to the waterfall, I take some photos, and we get back on the trail, the only trail that was there, the same one we took to get there.  Well, after a few hundred feet, the trail seemed to disappear. I knew it was there when we walked in, but it just wasn't there anymore.  We backtracked to the waterfall and started over.  Again, the trail seemed to disappear after a few hundred feet.  We tried to go off trail, but the terrain made it almost impossible.  I knew the main trail was just a few hundred yards away, but we couldn't get to it.  We ended up backtracking four times and starting over before the trail suddenly was there just like it should have been.  I can't explain it. The last time we started over, the trail just kept going and took us to the main trail.  It should have every time we took it, but it didn't.  It was really strange.  It took us two hours to get just a few hundred yards. 

This is the area we were hiking:

Nebraska888

Quote from: HorrorRetro on September 30, 2013, 10:59:44 AM
I caught the first hour and part of the second.  David Paulides had some great stories.  The one where the woman was lost in the woods and kept seeing people hiding behind trees and boulders, who would turn and walk away when she approached them, scared the hell out of me.  We went on a day hike two weeks ago and got a bit lost, which is rare for me.  We hike up at Mt. Rainer National Park.  It was a rainy day, and this part of the park is actually not very well known.  Most of the road into it is closed due to a washout from a storm a few years ago. It's the most northwestern entry point into the park at the Carbon River. 

We're walking along the main trail and decided to head onto a tiny primitive trail and find the waterfalls we were hearing.  We got there fine.  Had to scramble over some huge dead trees and such. This area is rainforest with many downed huge trees that you have to work your way through.  We get to the waterfall, I take some photos, and we get back on the trail, the only trail that was there, the same one we took to get there.  Well, after a few hundred feet, the trail seemed to disappear. I knew it was there when we walked in, but it just wasn't there anymore.  We backtracked to the waterfall and started over.  Again, the trail seemed to disappear after a few hundred feet.  We tried to go off trail, but the terrain made it almost impossible.  I knew the main trail was just a few hundred yards away, but we couldn't get to it.  We ended up backtracking four times and starting over before the trail suddenly was there just like it should have been.  I can't explain it. The last time we started over, the trail just kept going and took us to the main trail.  It should have every time we took it, but it didn't.  It was really strange.  It took us two hours to get just a few hundred yards. 

Wow!  Great story!  You should email Paulides about this experience.  YEP, KNAPP ROCKS, ROCKS, ROCKS!!!!!

Nebraska888

Did I happen to mention that George Knapp ROCKS?!!!!    ;)

Are the `shrooms not awesome up there?  ;)

HorrorRetro

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 30, 2013, 12:07:04 PM

Are the `shrooms not awesome up there?  ;)

Everything is awesome up here.  :D

... We get to the waterfall, I take some photos, and we get back on the trail, the only trail that was there, the same one we took to get there.  Well, after a few hundred feet, the trail seemed to disappear. I knew it was there when we walked in, but it just wasn't there anymore...

Things can look very different going one way then returning - even a trail that seems fairly obvious one way, and seemingly not there for a stretch on the way back.  When it's dense like that it pays to stop and turn around every once in awhile to see what the return trip looks like, and note some landmarks.

Feeling lost really sucks.  I always know when I'm about to get lost - I hear myself say some version of 'I don't think the map is right'.

Chine

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 30, 2013, 01:43:49 PM

Things can look very different going one way then returning - even a trail that seems fairly obvious one way, and seemingly not there for a stretch on the way back.  When it's dense like that it pays to stop and turn around every once in awhile to see what the return trip looks like, and note some landmarks.

Feeling lost really sucks.  I always know when I'm about to get lost - I hear myself say some version of 'I don't think the map is right'.

Especially in particular areas. I actually have enjoyed travels of the unchartered and unaware where I was. Yet, I wasn't alone. My husband and I were in Taos, NM for an art / performance event. We ended up venturing about into a very dark night out of town. Just miles of wide open beauty, though disconcerting too. Nothing around in sight for hours. Only lit by a large moon. Like shamanic journeying, in a way. Magical as if the land is tolerating you.

Miami is a bitch to get lost in. Little rattles me living in NYC most my life...but it truly was a spooky makeup of it's own.

Thoroughly loved last night's show.

aldousburbank

Being a desert creature, I once got shit lost in the woods of N AZ when I came upon a patch of Amanita muscaria so bright that they seemed to be flashing neon "Eat At Gaia's"
The second after I saw them, I realized that every sense of orientation I had in my brain was erased by the glorious sight of a whole flock of Soma. Man, my stomach got the wiggles and my heart raced in a panic whilst I tried to calm my mind saying, dude, you just walked in here from over there- you can't be lost. Backing up and turning around, I carefully tried to retrace my steps but no, I was lost. Took me hours to get to the point where I heard the hum of a distant highway and made my way back to my truck. I never touched one of those mushrooms that day btw. But I did notice the deer nibbling on them and laughing at me when I asked them to direct me back to my ride. "Shit dude, we lost our cars too, long ago." I thought I herd them say. "Chill out bro, have some shrooms."

Chine

Laughing indeed! Amused by our fumbling and tumbling. I miss living out west. Have you ever been to Jerome, NM? Old mining ghost town. While in Sedona, we would go there too.

Woods indeed are challenging as you can't get a clear view of what may be lurking. I always wondered about the swamps of Louisiana...Fascinated by the thick energy there. I'd be armed with black salt, and my arsenal of herbal defenses. (ha). Got lost while in Berlin once...by myself on a train to Mitte Berlin. 5 am...and it was fucking splendid.

Something tells me you must have been to Jerome.

Chine

Aldous! Have you ever been to Shanghai?

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 30, 2013, 05:42:15 PM
... my brain was erased by the glorious sight of a whole flock of Soma.

Hey, I had some shit erased by Soma, too. Like, the 90' s.