• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

aldousburbank

Dogs know the truth of you. Fortunately they don't talk.

ChicagoGal

Let's just hope there are no developments to help dogs in speaking what's on their mind (like in the Rick and Morty episode where snowball is made smarter lolol)

Taaroa

Harumafuji retired today. Sumo wrestling lost one of the good ones  :'(

https://youtu.be/afT7SBWnWh0?t=5m10s

albrecht

This article is suspiciously lacking in details of what/how? Did a label come off? Was a can incorporated into the exo-skeleton? Did some weird type of growth patterning in youth pattern after the environment (Pepsi cans) in which raised as camouflage?
https://www.ctvnews.ca/lifestyle/lobster-found-off-new-brunswick-coast-with-image-of-pepsi-can-on-claw-1.3699806

Quote from: albrecht on November 29, 2017, 08:33:22 PM
This article is suspiciously lacking in details of what/how? Did a label come off? Was a can incorporated into the exo-skeleton? Did some weird type of growth patterning in youth pattern after the environment (Pepsi cans) in which raised as camouflage?
https://www.ctvnews.ca/lifestyle/lobster-found-off-new-brunswick-coast-with-image-of-pepsi-can-on-claw-1.3699806

sorry. i'm just not seeing it at all.   ???

Jojo

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on November 29, 2017, 11:32:06 PM
sorry. i'm just not seeing it at all.   ???

It looked embedded, but she says it can be scraped off.
Weird.  Seems like it would have to be film from a wrapper.

Taaroa

It's snowing.   ;D

I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen it in person before.

albrecht

Quote from: Taaroa on November 30, 2017, 04:32:49 PM
It's snowing.   ;D

Don't eat yellow snow. Also the grayish snow by streets is not advisable to be eaten. Nor is snow by some suspiciously clear of ice sidewalks, steps, and driveways.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Taaroa on November 30, 2017, 04:32:49 PM
It's snowing.   ;D

Where you are it's most likely nuclear fallout. Godspeed!

bateman

Pierce Brosnan was a very underrated James Bond.

bateman

Quote from: bateman on November 30, 2017, 10:39:03 PM

Ok maybe not "very", but a little.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: bateman on November 30, 2017, 10:43:35 PM
Ok maybe not "very", but a little.

He definitely had the look but the movies should've been better. There are actually only a handful of good Bond flicks. The rest are pretty forgettable.

Jackstar

You and I interpret ratings exceptionally differently.

bateman

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 30, 2017, 10:46:20 PM
He definitely had the look but the movies should've been better. There are actually only a handful of good Bond flicks. The rest are pretty forgettable.

I thought Goldeneye was great except for Eric Serra’s score. Tomorrow Never Dies is very good. The other 2 are straight up trash, which is what everyone remembers.

albrecht

He shoulda got it earlier and might have done a better job. I think his Remington Steele contract or something prevented it?

Quote from: albrecht on November 30, 2017, 11:31:33 PM
He shoulda got it earlier and might have done a better job. I think his Remington Steele contract or something prevented it?

His wife was sick.  He was a good Bond.  Loved Goldeneye.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: bateman on November 30, 2017, 11:28:54 PM
I thought Goldeneye was great except for Eric Serra’s score. Tomorrow Never Dies is very good. The other 2 are straight up trash, which is what everyone remembers.

I have a soft spot for Tomorrow Never Dies since it was the first one I saw in a theater.
In the scene where he unzips Eva Longoria's dress and it falls off some guy in the theater let out this one single super loud cough. Only time he did it in the whole movie, it was such a weird reaction that it still makes me laugh.

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on November 30, 2017, 11:48:40 PM
His wife was sick.  He was a good Bond.  Loved Goldeneye.

Goldeneye was the best Bond film since For Your Eyes Only.  Famke Janssen was hot in that pic.  My girlfriend (now my wife) and I wanted to have a threesome with her after we saw that.  She's not even bi but she had the hots for her and Cindy Crawford as did I.

ItsOver

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 01, 2017, 08:29:45 AM
Goldeneye was the best Bond film since For Your Eyes Only.  Famke Janssen was hot in that pic.  My girlfriend (now my wife) and I wanted to have a threesome with her after we saw that.  She's not even bi but she had the hots for her and Cindy Crawford as did I.
I had to Google Janssen to figure out who she was.  Oh, yeah, she played the whiny, gold digging bitch in the "Taken" movies, as Liam Neeson's character's ex.  It was worth watching "Taken 3" just to see her finally get offed.

Taaroa

Quote from: albrecht on November 30, 2017, 06:48:19 PM
Don't eat yellow snow. Also the grayish snow by streets is not advisable to be eaten. Nor is snow by some suspiciously clear of ice sidewalks, steps, and driveways.

Wasn't enough to build up on the ground, let alone eat. Still neat though as someone who grew up in a hot country.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 30, 2017, 09:16:20 PM
Where you are it's most likely nuclear fallout. Godspeed!
Every day I come home from wandering around the city, I find that my nose and under my nails is full of black shit. You wouldn't think the pollution here was that bad, but I guess it is.  ::)

Quote from: ItsOver on December 01, 2017, 08:41:21 AM
I had to Google Janssen to figure out who she was.  Oh, yeah, she played the whiny, gold digging bitch in the "Taken" movies, as Liam Neeson's character's ex.  It was worth watching "Taken 3" just to see her finally get offed.

She was hot in Goldeneye. That was the first thing I saw her in. Some of the roles she's taken since has taken the luster off but I still like her.

albrecht

Quote from: Taaroa on December 01, 2017, 01:19:40 PM
Wasn't enough to build up on the ground, let alone eat. Still neat though as someone who grew up in a hot country.
Every day I come home from wandering around the city, I find that my nose and under my nails is full of black shit. You wouldn't think the pollution here was that bad, but I guess it is.  ::)
Being that snow is very rare there I'll bet drivers were particularly bad.

Why you shouldn't trim your nose, or ear, hairs and snot/wax. Haha.

Taaroa

Quote from: albrecht on December 01, 2017, 01:35:22 PM
Being that snow is very rare there I'll bet drivers were particularly bad.
I'm in the caliphate of Sadiq Khan and apparently things completely fall apart when it does snow a significant amount inside the city.

Where I normally live is being hammered with 71F nights and flash flooding and I can't say I miss it.  ;D

albrecht

Quote from: Taaroa on December 01, 2017, 01:40:33 PM
I'm in the caliphate of Sadiq Khan and apparently things completely fall apart when it does snow a significant amount inside the city.

Where I normally live is being hammered with 71F nights and flash flooding and I can't say I miss it.  ;D
This happens anywhere south of the Mason-Dixon Line here also, even though in many ways heavy rains are worse conditions in which to drive a few flurrys cause panic. And grocery and liquor stores get hammered by people stocking up. Having said that people can't drive in rain either. Actually thinking on it. People can't drive.

ps: has Sultan Khan banned Christmas decorations yet?

Taaroa

Quote from: albrecht on December 01, 2017, 01:46:06 PM
ps: has Sultan Khan banned Christmas decorations yet?
No, they actually do Christmas decorations very well here. Surprising to me though is that they had christmas stuff in the area where this was filmed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjvVbnXll70

albrecht

Quote from: Taaroa on December 01, 2017, 01:58:26 PM
No, they actually do Christmas decorations very well here. Surprising to me though is that they had christmas stuff in the area where this was filmed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjvVbnXll70
Ha. Remember the "cab innit" story? East Londoner gets a cabinet delivered when she want a taxi. Supposedly a true story. At least the tabloids reported as such.

Yeah they do decorations nice. Though the Xmas marts in Germany etc are even better. Brits and other Euro folks were shocked when I told them that in the States it is often banned to have things like Christmas trees, Navity scenes, etc in public and we need to call things like "holiday tree," "happy holidays," and "winter break" etc.

bateman

Quote from: Lord Grantham on December 01, 2017, 08:23:39 AM
I have a soft spot for Tomorrow Never Dies since it was the first one I saw in a theater.
In the scene where he unzips Eva Longoria's dress and it falls off some guy in the theater let out this one single super loud cough. Only time he did it in the whole movie, it was such a weird reaction that it still makes me laugh.

Hahahaha nice.

TND has my favorite car chase in the whole series - I'd put this above The Spy Who Loved Me, even.

https://youtu.be/qKAME9fAA-4

It's creative, it's fun, and David Arnold's score is epic.