• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Mr. Fidget

Started by KnyeGuy, July 24, 2009, 11:15:49 AM

albrecht

Quote from: onan on May 30, 2014, 05:37:03 PM
It is far from a perfect world. I knew a patient that died from a medication error and received too much thorazine. but I also know a patient that responds well to that drug. I wish a balanced diet with supplements would work.

If anyone wants to get on a soapbox and complain about big pharma... I won't stop you. I will think your unqualified to opine, that never seemed to stop anyone though.
On a serious note, I think the only complaint I have about "big pharma" is the over-advertising of their products (getting normal people to think they need the latest drug for some minor problem), that while they claim to be about healthcare they will shut down less profit-producing lines for, like chemo drugs, to make more "ED" drugs instead, and that psychiatric drugs are dispensed so freely even by GPs (or the VA) without proper diagnosis, follow-up, etc. Or for minor or normal reasons where therapy or just time might correct. Oh yeah, they also sometimes cover up bad results from medical trials and "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" encourage off-prescription uses for their products.

Having said that the industry has saved millions of lives and being 100% anti medicine is just plain idiocy. I also don't think they are in a big conspiracy to kill 80% of the population etc.

Jackstar

I love the way Onan gets even more real, under pressure. It is an admirable trait.

onan

Quote from: albrecht on May 30, 2014, 05:49:22 PM
On a serious note, I think the only complaint I have about "big pharma" is the over-advertising of their products (getting normal people to think they need the latest drug for some minor problem), that while they claim to be about healthcare they will shut down less profit-producing lines for, like chemo drugs, to make more "ED" drugs instead, and that psychiatric drugs are dispensed so freely even by GPs (or the VA) without proper diagnosis, follow-up, etc. Or for minor or normal reasons where therapy or just time might correct. Oh yeah, they also sometimes cover up bad results from medical trials and "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" encourage off-prescription uses for their products.

Having said that the industry has saved millions of lives and being 100% anti medicine is just plain idiocy. I also don't think they are in a big conspiracy to kill 80% of the population etc.

I agree with you, no medicine should be "sold" to people.

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on May 30, 2014, 05:49:22 PM
On a serious note, I think the only complaint I have about "big pharma" is the over-advertising of their products

Let's not forget about The War On Drugs--impossible to have been conducted without complicity from such righteous organizations as the AMA, etc.

QuoteI also don't think they are in a big conspiracy to kill 80% of the population etc.

Yes, it's just the people who own the key corporations in the system.

Quote from: onan on May 30, 2014, 05:56:48 PM
I agree with you, no medicine should be "sold" to people.

I resents that, suh,

How would I get my MJ delivered?

Jackstar

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 30, 2014, 06:13:15 PM
How would I get my MJ delivered?

"buy two four tanks of gasoline, get a free oz"

EDIT: Inflation.

bigchucka

What I found intriguing was that I found three people that claimed they were the one that came up with the whole idea.  Apparently one of them was ours...

Did find some cool pics of fidgets he's done and other creations when I was looking around last night.  I was gonna ask if the eagle he did was drawn or carved, but I digress...  Didn't post them though because of TOS policies (.ie his real name was attached to the sites).

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 30, 2014, 12:28:25 PM
What do they do?  Just Joy Juice them?

They need to be Jesus juiced.

area51drone

Is it bad that I went away for a day and didn't think about Bellgab once while we were gone?

McPhallus

Quote from: area51drone on May 31, 2014, 03:37:34 PM
Is it bad that I went away for a day and didn't think about Bellgab once while we were gone?

Everyone needs to unplug now and then.

eddie dean

Bad? no. It means you are a reasonable person.

bigchucka

Not really.  Just means you have some reading to do to get caught up.  You missed out on the fun last night...

paladin1991

Because your avatar was thinking of me?

area51drone

Quote from: bigchucka on May 31, 2014, 04:57:28 PM
Not really.  Just means you have some reading to do to get caught up.  You missed out on the fun last night...

What thread?  I thought Bellgab was only Fidgeting right now..

bigchucka

Quote from: area51drone on June 01, 2014, 03:25:10 AM
What thread?  I thought Bellgab was only Fidgeting right now..

He's busy trying to become a new mascot for an old wrestler I watched when I was a kid.

http://youtu.be/BAKZUHUIixU

Jackstar

Quote from: area51drone on June 01, 2014, 03:25:10 AM
I thought Bellgab was only Fidgeting right now..

Upgrayyyed!

bigchucka

Quote from: Jackstar on June 01, 2014, 03:55:52 PM
Upgrayyyed!

That mean a GabCast episode is gonna be made about all of that?  If it's tonight, I hope MV has already started drinking.  Ya know, so the two shows can be accurately compared/contrasted.

Mr. Fidget

Looks like I'm not banned, thanks MV. I'll be more sensitive about future posting, and leave the legalese at the bellgab door, aside from the factual elements of my story.
   If you guys really thought I was threatening to sue, that was not the case. I simply suggested a disclaimer for good measure. It's all going to be ok. I never threatened legal action against Art or the network.
   About the 3 guards, they just forced me to the ground. My intuition (obviously mistaken) was not tuned to perceive a threat. I just wanted to leave with the bike I parked, and walked away from voluntarily. Just like the one guard was telling me to. But if he would have known I had only asked about the sign, and what the guard I asked said was just an explanation... not an enforcement communication, he would never have ordered me away.
   The whole thing stems from that moment of unclear understanding. Once I was on the ground they found a way to make sure I never got a day in court, the 4 of 5 dates 6/24/70 instead of 6/24/97. One or two, maybe an accident, but 4?
   Fidgetland is an unsanctioned source, a knockoff modified with rubberbands. His loops of chain and stuff don't hold a candle to my work. Get them while they last. The kid from greatergoods was news to me too. And the video, I yanked it because ya'll were coming after me with pitchforks & torches.
    Lovely Wikipedia says: "Mens rea" is Latin for "guilty mind".[1] In criminal law, it is viewed as one of the necessary elements of some crimes. The standard common law test of criminal liability is usually expressed in the Latin phrase, actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea, which means "the act is not culpable unless the mind is guilty".
   I had no guilty mind, I did everything I could at the time. I don't need you to believe it, the City of Santa Cruz Citizen's Police Review Board sustained my complaint unanimously, and the Chief of police reversed his initial appraisal. The one he made just a day or two after my arraignment should have been, weeks before I called Art. On the file it shows he signed for it then, and then it was gone for 2 years. No report, no statements of the guards, none of my four witnesses were even talked to for 2+ years. That made my life inexplicable.
   The system went off the rails, and being in the caboose, it has taken me a long time to climb up out of the wreckage, and try to point out why it did.

Mr. Fidget
ps. Everything I know about straight jackets I learned from my friend Tim.
www.timeric.com
pps. Thanks for all your kind words, any questions? ;)

area51drone

Mr. Fidget, thanks for feeding the trolls before you left for the day.   Make sure you pick up some milk while you're out.   We need it to lubricate the chain links.  Oh, and Jackstar needs a new fidget.   Thanks.

Mr. Fidget

Well here I am, with another Mr. Fidget nuance... about mens rea, the point I tried to make on the gabcast.
   At the time of this whole thing, if I was of a criminal intent there is no way I'd give back a 5k computer (a Sun workstation & monitor) already in my possession. The p.o. box lady gave me the pickup tags, because I had gotten so much mail she made a mistake. It was already on the tailgate of my friends truck, and I took it right back in when I saw it was not for me. That is not the action of a criminal, that is doing the right thing.
   It was my 29th birthday, a week after the show(s) and within a few minutes of leaving FedEx I had a realization. I realized I'd been given a lesson in detachment from the universe for my birthday. My friend and I had some laughs about it.

Mr. Fidget
ps. I'm working on the artofchain site, should be back with content this month.

McPhallus

Oh Jesus, not this bullshit again.

[attachimg=1]

aldousburbank

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on June 05, 2014, 11:05:05 AM
It was my 29th birthday, a week after the show(s) and within a few minutes of leaving FedEx I had an apifiny.
I think they make medicines for this now. Maybe you should lay off the red meat.

aldousburbank

Literacy is the ability to read and write.
[1] The inability to do so is called illiteracy or analphabetism.

McPhallus

[attachimg=1]

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on June 05, 2014, 02:12:57 AM
   Looks like I'm not banned, thanks MV. I'll be more sensitive about future posting, and leave the legalese at the bellgab door, aside from the factual elements of my story.
   If you guys really thought I was threatening to sue, that was not the case. I simply suggested a disclaimer for good measure. It's all going to be ok. I never threatened legal action against Art or the network.
   About the 3 guards, they just forced me to the ground. My intuition (obviously mistaken) was not tuned to perceive a threat. I just wanted to leave with the bike I parked, and walked away from voluntarily. Just like the one guard was telling me to. But if he would have known I had only asked about the sign, and what the guard I asked said was just an explanation... not an enforcement communication, he would never have ordered me away.
   The whole thing stems from that moment of unclear understanding. Once I was on the ground they found a way to make sure I never got a day in court, the 4 of 5 dates 6/24/70 instead of 6/24/97. One or two, maybe an accident, but 4?
   Fidgetland is an unsanctioned source, a knockoff modified with rubberbands. His loops of chain and stuff don't hold a candle to my work. Get them while they last. The kid from greatergoods was news to me too. And the video, I yanked it because ya'll were coming after me with pitchforks & torches.
    Lovely Wikipedia says: "Mens rea" is Latin for "guilty mind".[1] In criminal law, it is viewed as one of the necessary elements of some crimes. The standard common law test of criminal liability is usually expressed in the Latin phrase, actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea, which means "the act is not culpable unless the mind is guilty".
   I had no guilty mind, I did everything I could at the time. I don't need you to believe it, the City of Santa Cruz Citizen's Police Review Board sustained my complaint unanimously, and the Chief of police reversed his initial appraisal. The one he made just a day or two after my arraignment should have been, weeks before I called Art. On the file it shows he signed for it then, and then it was gone for 2 years. No report, no statements of the guards, none of my four witnesses were even talked to for 2+ years. That made my life inexplicable.
   The system went off the rails, and being in the caboose, it has taken me a long time to climb up out of the wreckage, and try to point out why it did.

Mr. Fidget
ps. Everything I know about straight jackets I learned from my friend Tim.
www.timeric.com
pps. Thanks for all your kind words, any questions? ;)

b_dubb

someone who repeatedly shows his ass shouldn't be surprised when he catches shit from other people.  old Chinese proverb