Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Happier Times are Coming on September 22, 2017, 01:39:54 AM
WTF ?
Mr Ratty Patty
you havin one of "those kinds" of parties ?
got Casio and his mommy at your place ?
is George there also ?
is Ratty Patty there ?

is yawn a "sign" you want "something" stuck in your mouth ?

faggot  ::)

ItsOver

Quote from: mike_olsen on September 21, 2017, 08:15:35 PM

...Anyone else sick of the fact that he keeps mentioning his "late aunt" shakifika ali or whatever her name is, acting as though she was some pioneer in telepathy or whatever.. nauseating.
The fortune teller one who was electrocuted when a radio fell in her bath tub?  Guess she didn't see that one coming.

ShayP

Quote from: ItsOver on September 22, 2017, 06:32:17 AM
The fortune teller one who was electrocuted when a radio fell in her bath tub?  Guess she didn't see that one coming.

Always reminds me of that scene from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Raoul Duke: Alright, man. It's probably the only solution. Let me make sure I've got this all lined up. You want me to, uh, throw this into the tub when the white rabbit peaks? Is that it?

Dr. Gonzo: Ugh, I was beginning to think I was gonna have to go outside and get one of the goddamn maids to do it.

ItsOver

Quote from: ShayP on September 22, 2017, 07:16:33 AM

Raoul Duke: Alright, man. It's probably the only solution. Let me make sure I've got this all lined up. You want me to, uh, throw this into the tub when the white rabbit peaks? Is that it?

Dr. Gonzo: Ugh, I was beginning to think I was gonna have to go outside and get one of the goddamn maids to do it.

Heh.  Jorch's aunt's unfortunate demise also reminds me of the Columbo episode, "Double Shock," starring the recently passed Martin Landau, as twins.

mike_olsen

Quote from: ItsOver on September 22, 2017, 06:32:17 AM

Ha, I didn't know that. Norry conveniently forgets to mention that part of the story... how embarrasing... The apple really doesn't fall far from the tree in that numbskull family of his.

Oh yeah.. the 911 show where he had the architect on.. Norry said his "uncle by marriage" was on one of flights that hit the towers... i smell bs... why has he never mention that before in prior years? His massive ego wouldn't have let us forget that. Correct me if i'm wrong.

What's next, will he claim his granddad drove the car JFK was shot in?

mike_olsen

Quote from: ShayP on September 22, 2017, 07:16:33 AM

Lol.. movie was a classic.. especially funny when they pick up that hitchhiker (tobey mccguire) in the beginning of their roadtrip.

mike_olsen

a new theory on why noory is a mushmouth, actually 2:

1) he pops totinos pizza rolls in his mouth during the first 10 minutes.

2) he sustains multiple mini strokes each night.

Quote from: mike_olsen on September 22, 2017, 08:28:31 AM
Ha, I didn't know that. Norry conveniently forgets to mention that part of the story... how embarrasing...

Oh, George has brought it up from time to time.  He thinks she was killed either ''because she knew too much'', or she was making discoveries of some sort ''they'' didn't want known.

Once you get past the buffoonery, George is a pretty paranoid guy

.. Oh yeah.. the 911 show where he had the architect on.. Norry said his "uncle by marriage" was on one of flights that hit the towers... i smell bs... why has he never mention that before in prior years? His massive ego wouldn't have let us forget that. Correct me if i'm wrong...

George has tons of personal stories that are impossible to disprove, and don't quite ring true. 

mike_olsen

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 22, 2017, 08:56:35 AM
Oh, George has brought it up from time to time.  He thinks she was killed either ''because she knew too much'', or she was making discoveries of some sort ''they'' didn't want known.

Once you get past the buffoonery, George is a pretty paranoid guy

Thanks... yeah only George can come up with utter nonsense like that.. he keeps touting her book as well which i'm sure is out of print by about 100 years... lol. Why doesn't he use some of his own money and put it into reprinting it? Or is he too much of a cheapskate to do that?

mike_olsen

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 22, 2017, 08:57:55 AM
George has tons of personal stories that are impossible to disprove, and don't quite ring true.

How true..

Another one is how he keeps reminding us of how he told his High school science teacher that we can't be the only ones in the universe... or some other obvious drivel anyone can conclude on his own, but only George thinks it's really profound stuff.

Also, he keeps making the idiotic statement about how there must be a creator because this planet "knows" we need rain to live, and it provides it... even though most guests he tells that idiocy to reminds him that Earth has been raining water long before Humans evolved and developed. But Noory purposely lets that fly over his head and repeats the same nonsense on future programs.

Quote from: mike_olsen on September 22, 2017, 09:10:46 AM
How true..

Another one is how he keeps reminding us of how he told his High school science teacher that we can't be the only ones in the universe... or some other obvious drivel anyone can conclude on his own, but only George thinks it's really profound stuff.

Also, he keeps making the idiotic statement about how there must be a creator because this planet "knows" we need rain to live, and it provides it... even though most guests he tells that idiocy to reminds him that Earth has been raining water long before Humans evolved and developed. But Noory purposely lets that fly over his head and repeats the same nonsense on future programs.

George was also always telling the class about the continental tectonic plates before that formally came out, and regularly tells his audience now about how the earth is constantly creating oil.  He's quite the scientific thinker.

Quote from: mike_olsen on September 22, 2017, 09:08:11 AM
Thanks... yeah only George can come up with utter nonsense like that.. he keeps touting her book as well which i'm sure is out of print by about 100 years... lol. Why doesn't he use some of his own money and put it into reprinting it? Or is he too much of a cheapskate to do that?

He always asks guests in related fields if they've heard of his aunt (who was apparently a friend of the family and not really his aunt) Shafica Carrigullah.  Of course none had, until one day someone said yes, and they even worked together from time to time.

George was very excited.

Through the entire interview segment they talked about her George pronounced her name Cuh-reeg'-u-luh, and the guest pronounced it Care-uh-goo'-luh.  One of them would use it in a sentence pronouncing it one way, and the other would come right back and pronounce it the other way as a stunned audience listened in.  An inshtant classuck

Morgus

Noory is taking off another Friday, so we get a 3day Noory-Free Weekend!

albrecht

Ha, I didn't know that. Norry conveniently forgets to mention that part of the story... how embarrasing... The apple really doesn't fall far from the tree in that numbskull family of his.

Oh yeah.. the 911 show where he had the architect on.. Norry said his "uncle by marriage" was on one of flights that hit the towers... i smell bs... why has he never mention that before in prior years? His massive ego wouldn't have let us forget that. Correct me if i'm wrong.

What's next, will he claim his granddad drove the car JFK was shot in?
Norry has mentioned his "uncle by marriage" story before. I remember laughing the first time because he was at pains to figure out how to describe the tangential relationship and finally came up with the "uncle by marriage."

You will notice that aside from a few tall-tales (his aunt into ESP, his baseball prowess, his signing at some "big event," and him being smarter than his science teachers) everything else a guest or caller mentions will be related to some Hollywood movie. Never a book, an experience, a friend, an expert, but almost always some movie or tv show. And even then he will get the details of the movie wrong (wrong name, wrong actor, etc.)

ItsOver

Ha, I didn't know that. Norry conveniently forgets to mention that part of the story... how embarrasing... The apple really doesn't fall far from the tree in that numbskull family of his...

...What's next, will he claim his granddad drove the car JFK was shot in?
Maybe Jorch will claim Zapruder's grandson took this video of Jorch and Tommee filling-in for a real celebrity.

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on September 22, 2017, 03:34:29 PM
Noory is taking off another Friday, so we get a 3day Noory-Free Weekend!
Unfortunately, Jorch Jr. is taking his place.  :P

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on September 21, 2017, 11:51:50 PM
"Corny" has always said he is from Alexandria but encourages Norry to go to Mardi Gras (and Norry thinks Mardi Gras is only in NO- where a young black kid did the typical scam and cost Norry some money 'back when he was in the Navy' (I think.)) One night I was bored and "Corny" was easily found due to him mentioning too much information (I think, maybe, when he was trying to connect with the frequent caller from NC?.) Anyway he seems legit and not a ghost Premier paid radio talent caller (but who knows?) One of the photos showed him in some church (but from the back.)
Interesting.

Uncle Duke

Rants about George's infomercials aside, one other questionable practice relative to C2C guests I've noticed is the significant number of authors whose books are published by George's publisher and/or edited by his editor.  I think a case could be made for conflict of interest, although it's doubtful he is breaking any laws or violating FCC regs.

Quote from: ItsOver on September 22, 2017, 04:39:51 PM

To add insult to injury idiot #2 conducts open lines two nights in a row. Open lines means they couldn't beg anyone to be on the show for no money. We continue our slide into the abyss.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 22, 2017, 07:56:24 PM
I think a case could be made for conflict lack of interest, although it's doubtful he is breaking any laws or violating FCC regs.

mike_olsen

Quote from: ItsOver on September 22, 2017, 04:20:07 PM
Maybe Jorch will claim Zapruder's grandson took this video of Jorch and Tommee filling-in for a real celebrity.

Lol!! that's priceless.. really made my day.. He really believes he's some Tom Cruise or George Clooney. He's so full of himself... not to mention lard-but dumheiser.

Also i think Corneilius is driving!! only fitting don't you think?

Quote from: mike_olsen on September 22, 2017, 08:07:04 PM
Lol!! that's priceless.. really made my day.. He really believes he's some Tom Cruise or George Clooney. He's so full of himself... not to mention lard-but dumheiser.

Tommee is always full

mike_olsen

Quote from: albrecht on September 22, 2017, 03:42:30 PM
Norry has mentioned his "uncle by marriage" story before. I remember laughing the first time because he was at pains to figure out how to describe the tangential relationship and finally came up with the "uncle by marriage."

You will notice that aside from a few tall-tales (his aunt into ESP, his baseball prowess, his signing at some "big event," and him being smarter than his science teachers) everything else a guest or caller mentions will be related to some Hollywood movie. Never a book, an experience, a friend, an expert, but almost always some movie or tv show. And even then he will get the details of the movie wrong (wrong name, wrong actor, etc.)

You're right on the money. Whenever someone mentions a relatively popular film or show there is always  a deafening silence a few seconds later as if Norry has no clue what the guest/caller is talking about, and then he proceeds to ignore it and ask another mundane question that has 0 significance.

I remember once he was talking to the guy who was an expert on the 1948 exorcist case (which the movie was based on), a caller asked how they felt about the Second Exorcist movie featureing linda blair. The guest replied by saying it was a major flop as a movie, and asked "right George?"... no response... jorch was completely oblivious.

One more example, in a recent program he mistakenly referred to the twilight zone episode "To Serve Man" as "that great sci-fi movie 'To Serve Man'".  I swear jorch is either a moron (i lean toward this) or he's slowly losing his mind. He is not qualified to host a nightly radio show that spans coast to coast.

mike_olsen

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on September 22, 2017, 08:00:31 PM
To add insult to injury idiot #2 conducts open lines two nights in a row. Open lines means they couldn't beg anyone to be on the show for no money. We continue our slide into the abyss.

Is it just me or does Jimmy Church look like a gargoyle? He has that creepy face in a night alley look.

albrecht

Quote from: mike_olsen on September 22, 2017, 08:07:04 PM

Also i think Corneilius is driving!! only fitting don't you think?
Somewhere here there is a longer clip or a youtube of the event. Where they announced Norry etc. The handmade rigged sign on the car is awesome also. I particularly like the people in the background in some of the photos and their expressions of boredom, 'who the hell are those guys?', or 'hurry up so I can cross the street.'

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 21, 2017, 11:55:57 PM
I see Jorch has Pat Boone scheduled for the first hour next LMH Thursday.

Is Boston full, or is Mr Boone somehow unable to find his way there?

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: ItsOver on September 22, 2017, 04:39:51 PM

I see Joorch is 'on assignment' next Friday, too. But then he'll be in on Sunday for Submerging Artists.

At least next week we get Syrett and JFK.