• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Blitz

Started by Heather Wade, June 25, 2015, 09:39:54 PM

Heather Wade

How do you know when your artwork is found?  Do people email you?

NXOEED

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 18, 2015, 07:43:06 PM
How do you know when your artwork is found?  Do people email you?

Haha sometimes they're never found.

littlechris

Quote from: NXOEED on July 17, 2015, 11:29:09 AM
To those of you residing in the "low" desert in the Great American Southwest (or just visiting):

THE HUNT BEGINS.

Seven original paintings (and some stickers and trinkets and crap), hidden throughout the Greater Phoenix area, between now and the night of Art's broadcast. Here's the first:

You can consult the Facebook event page throughout the weekend for clues:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1025778744114063/

First clue released tomorrow night.

You can also consult this link for a primer on how these things work, if you have no idea what the hell I'm talking about. (this is one I did last year):

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/an-artist-in-phoenix-is-hiding-his-work-and-hoping-you-find-it

Happy Hunting, friends. Best of luck.

This is SO AWESOME!!!!
GREAT idea!!!

onan

Quote from: littlechris on July 18, 2015, 07:47:47 PM
This is SO AWESOME!!!!
GREAT idea!!!

Yep, it is all that. And More!!

albrecht

Quote from: NXOEED on July 18, 2015, 07:41:42 PM

Hidden. Clues posted.
Awesome. Cool idea and great job to use it to spread the work about Art's new show!

pyewacket

After observing all the efforts of the good people of Bellgab in this awesome Blitz, I think it's safe to say, "Not bad for a bunch of rat eating, cloistering, closet dwellers!!!"  ;)   

aldousburbank

Quote from: pyewacket on July 18, 2015, 09:00:28 PM
After observing all the efforts of the good people of Bellgab in this awesome Blitz, I think it's safe to say, "Not bad for a bunch of rat eating, cloistering, closet dwellers!!!"  ;)
...who don't have a life and live in the basement.

Heather Wade

Ha, yeah.  And Bateman really put the punch in the Blitz by arranging the John Batchelor interview.  With that, on top of everything everyone has done, I'd say The Scorpion Army can hold their heads up high tonight.

And low lifes

aldousburbank

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 18, 2015, 09:27:14 PM
I'd say The Scorpion Army can hold their heads up high tonight.
Way high!

PathoJen

Quote from: NXOEED on July 17, 2015, 11:29:09 AM
To those of you residing in the "low" desert in the Great American Southwest (or just visiting):

THE HUNT BEGINS.

Seven original paintings (and some stickers and trinkets and crap), hidden throughout the Greater Phoenix area, between now and the night of Art's broadcast. Here's the first:

You can consult the Facebook event page throughout the weekend for clues:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1025778744114063/

First clue released tomorrow night.

You can also consult this link for a primer on how these things work, if you have no idea what the hell I'm talking about. (this is one I did last year):

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/an-artist-in-phoenix-is-hiding-his-work-and-hoping-you-find-it

Happy Hunting, friends. Best of luck.
This is one time in my whole life I wish I lived in Phoenix.  This is awesome!!!

saucerlike

Don't forget vaguely loveable

serenity

Quote from: saucerlike on July 18, 2015, 10:58:00 PM
Don't forget vaguely loveable

And succeeding in every aspect of attaining the low standards we set for ourselves.

Spinner

Getting ready for a busy day...
Go to work, distribute more flyers, hurry back home to post MITD heads-up on various forums, then finally relax and listen to tonight's test show.

I'm so excited!

NXOEED

Blitzers, you guys are my heroes. Let's do it again some day.

Quote from: NXOEED on July 19, 2015, 01:23:14 PM
Blitzers, you guys are my heroes. Let's do it again some day.

Are you trying to say Art's going to quit again?

NXOEED

Quote from: rekcuf on July 19, 2015, 01:28:37 PM
Are you trying to say Art's going to quit again?

haha no, that's not what I'm saying.

Big thank you to david cummings who has a podcast The No sleep Podcast which at times has been ranked in the I tunes top 100. His show has a big following. Please check it out. It is a horror story podcast.

http://www.thenosleeppodcast.com/?p=2165

Spinner

Just returned home from an interesting session distributing MITD flyers at a small truck stop (~30 truckers). I made a couple of them very happy. ;)

Has anyone else hit truck stops?

The General

Plugged MITD on my podcast.
Not that it will matter much at all, but it's the largest audience I have at my disposal.
My podcast is fretfiles.com.

Just because the countdown is over, it doesn't mean that the blitz has to end.

chefist

Quote from: The General on July 22, 2015, 03:53:53 PM
Plugged MITD on my podcast.
Not that it will matter much at all, but it's the largest audience I have at my disposal.
My podcast is fretfiles.com.

Awesome General! Did you ever write an opening rif for the GabCast?

The General

Quote from: chefist on July 22, 2015, 03:59:09 PM
Awesome General! Did you ever write an opening rif for the GabCast?
No, was I supposed to? 

ItsOver

Quote from: Spinner on July 20, 2015, 08:27:37 PM
Just returned home from an interesting session distributing MITD flyers at a small truck stop (~30 truckers). I made a couple of them very happy. ;)

Has anyone else hit truck stops?
Good idea.  I'll hit some truck stops.

Spinner

Quote from: The General on July 22, 2015, 03:53:53 PM
I intend to continue spreading the word. Maybe not in a "blitz" fashion, but more of steady drip, drip, drip. Things like emailing a couple of stations a day requesting that they carry MITD, mention Art's show on other forums, FB, etc., and of course telling other people I come across in the "real world." 

The point is to keep Art's name floating out there. A lot of former listeners don't know he's back.

Spinner

Quote from: ItsOver on July 23, 2015, 11:34:43 AM
Good idea.  I'll hit some truck stops.
Great. And if possible have a list of the terrestrial radio stations that are carrying the show. I was asked this, and the only one I could remember was KXL in Portland. :(
I need to print out a list to carry with me.

ItsOver

I copied a number if NXOEED's posters today and posted them around my area.

I'll be carrying a folder of the posters around in my car, to post wherever I go.  Grocery stores, shopping areas, restaurants, coffee shops, road trips, wherever I go, I'll post an announcement for Art's return.  Why not?  I'm there and it takes little effort.

Don't stop now, folks.  Art has just begun!  Keep MiTD rolling!

NXOEED

Quote from: ItsOver on July 23, 2015, 06:41:43 PM
I copied a number if NXOEED's posters today and posted them around my area.

I'll be carrying a folder of the posters around in my car, to post wherever I go.  Grocery stores, shopping areas, restaurants, coffee shops, road trips, wherever I go, I'll post an announcement for Art's return.  Why not?  I'm there and it takes little effort.

Don't stop now, folks.  Art has just begun!  Keep MiTD rolling!

Awesome. I'm gonna update 'em with new information that reflects the show as it is now that it's out and available for all to hear. I'll be posting that soon.