• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151113 - Terrorism in Paris - Open Lines - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, November 13, 2015, 09:06:28 PM

Lola2001

Quote from: FLLFlash on November 13, 2015, 11:10:28 PM
CNN doing what CNN does.

Fox did not do this at all. Solid, if somewhat sensational, coverage.

Hopefully the rolling attacks are over. If they aren't there will be big trouble.

Agreed. I only watched CNN for a short time then flipped over to  RT News. They seem to be more logical and unbiased. They don't speculate all that much, just report what is.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Ms. C on November 13, 2015, 11:07:36 PM
Good evening BellGabbler family.  Such a sad day ... Prayers sent.

Thank goodness for Art and this thread that we can share our thoughts and our grief.
Good evening Ms. C!

Uncle Duke

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 13, 2015, 11:10:35 PM
It doesn't take much planning to go shoot a bunch of innocent people when you are willing to die doing it.  It only takes time to plan if you need an escape plan.

Professionals understand the issue is logistics, not willingness to die.

albrecht

past the horrible Muslim incidents in France I've been watching/listening to a drunken Bill Walton do basketball coverage from China but now I will listen to Art because he had some epic shows after crazy, bad events of terrorism like OKC and will be interesting. Not fun radio, but good.

swordpoint9

Quote from: Zenman on November 13, 2015, 11:12:17 PM
Hi sword, good to see you. Hope you're good. I'm well, but bummed and kinda pissed at the state of things.
We all are. I have been in this fight since the first Gulf War and 2001 . I am here because I know the Homefront is totally undefended and has been for about 6 years!

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 13, 2015, 11:13:17 PM
Yeah, if we didn't go in, maybe all the Shias would have killed all the Sunnis by now.

Well, the idea of "going in" was illegal to begin with.  Bush and his guys, Cheney, Rumsfeld, etc. committed war crimes by doing so.

Catops

Quote from: Darth Sandra on November 13, 2015, 11:08:38 PM
Why isn't Art talking about mental illness with this? Why is it when it happens in America, by some white guy, it's mental illness. But when it's not it's... never mind.

There is a strong possibility it was a group of French citizens. It's best to just let the facts come out before we speculate.

That's an interesting question. I've read some persuasive stuff about mental illness being behind some mass shootings in the US, but I really don't know that much about French culture. Other than a huge immigrant influx, and I could be wrong about that. Mental illness vs. religious demagogery vs. some kind of cult indoctrination? Who knows! But you're right, useless to speculate w/o facts.

FLLFlash

Quote from: doctor weird on November 13, 2015, 11:11:16 PM
and Faux News kept saying " they're gonna come and take your guns"!! such a joke

Funny - I had FNC on from 5 PM until 11 PM and I didn't hear them say it one time w/r/t this country.

France is under emergency law and their authorities can do pretty much whatever they want including scoop up guns. I bet the don't unless they belong to bad guys.

MABUSE

It must be born in mind that Russia is driven by two practical concerns:
1) The naval base at Latakia which gives them a viable military presence in the Med and;
2) Large numbers of Islamic Militants from Russian territory (like Chechnya) are with ISIS for training, security etc.
Putin and Co. consider it far smarter to engage them THERE rather than back in-country.
Remember, Russia was subject to some of the worst Islamic terrorist attacks in the last 20 years.
**M**

Ciardelo

Quote from: albrecht on November 13, 2015, 11:14:53 PM
past the horrible Muslim incidents in France I've been watching/listening to a drunken Bill Walton do basketball coverage from China but now I will listen to Art because he had some epic shows after crazy, bad events of terrorism like OKC and will be interesting. Not fun radio, but good.
I don't have cable, is there going to be a vid somewhere of the Walton escapade?

popple

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 13, 2015, 11:07:35 PM
Bullshit.  Too complex an operation to be undertaken in a day after the death of a low-level, but high profile minion like Jihadi John,

My thoughts exactly, Uncle Duke.

VtaGeezer

Bush motivated the jihadis, but that fucking pig Arafat made terrorism "respectable" 50 years ago and the West was just as spineless in dealing with it.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: norland2424 on November 13, 2015, 11:13:54 PM
Lol oh geez with that Armageddon stuff Art.

Well, the truth is norland, we're now facing the very real possibility that soon enough Islamic terrorists will get their hands on dirty bombs.  We better do every possible thing we can to prevent that.  You need to define Armageddon.  If they get their hands on enough materials, and plan it correctly, the strategic use of those dirty bombs could possibly bring on a large scale nuclear attack on some middle eastern targets, and then...  well, all bets are off when nuclear missiles are in the air.

Quote from: norland2424 on November 13, 2015, 11:10:23 PM
It might have been home grown french muslims but i doubt it was just random thing if they yelled " for syria" and alu Akbar.

That hasn't even been confirmed though. We don't know much expect there was a large scale terrorist operation. Everything is speculation now. It's still possible, unlikely but possible, that this wasn't even done by Islamists. Everyone thought Islamists were responsible for the 2011 Norway terrorist attack and it turned out to be a right wing white nut named Anders Behring Breivik.

It could've been something related to North Africa. Speculation, right now, is dangerous. Even more so when people act as though it's fact.

starrmtn001

Quote from: MABUSE on November 13, 2015, 11:16:24 PM
1) The naval base at Latakia which gives them a viable military presence in the Med and;
2) Large numbers of Islamic Militants from Russian territory (like Chechnya) are with ISIS for training, security etc.
Putin and Co. consider it far smarter to engage them THERE rather than back in-country.
Remember, Russia was subject to some of the worst Islamic terrorist attacks in the last 20 years.
**M**
Good evening Mabuse.  Good to see you here. :D

FLLFlash

Quote from: Lola2001 on November 13, 2015, 11:14:29 PM
Agreed. I only watched CNN for a short time then flipped over to  RT News. They seem to be more logical and unbiased. They don't speculate all that much, just report what is.

Russia has serious skin in this game. They could be next on the hit list.

Zenman

Quote from: swordpoint9 on November 13, 2015, 11:15:07 PM
We all are. I have been in this fight since the first Gulf War and 2001 . I am here because I know the Homefront is totally undefended and has been for about 6 years!

Yep, yep. I'm afraid I'm kinda with Art on this, altho it goes against my grain to a great extent.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on November 13, 2015, 11:17:48 PM
Well, the truth is norland, we're now facing the very real possibility that soon enough Islamic terrorists will get their hands on dirty bombs.  We better do every possible thing we can to prevent that.  You need to define Armageddon.  If they get their hands on enough materials, and plan it correctly, those dirty bombs could possibly bring on a large scale nuclear attack on some middle eastern targets, and then...  well, all bets are off when nuclear missiles are in the air.
ISIS is already in Pakistan.  The only thing between us and a nuke-armed ISIS are a few Pak generals.

K_Dubb

Quote from: MABUSE on November 13, 2015, 11:16:24 PM

If Putin can restore the flow of Syrian Latakia pipe tobacco to the market, he's welcome to it.

swordpoint9

Quote from: Zenman on November 13, 2015, 11:18:43 PM
Yep, yep. I'm afraid I'm kinda with Art on this, altho it goes against my grain to a great extent.
Yup !

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 13, 2015, 11:19:38 PM
ISIS is already in Pakistan.  The only thing between us and a nuke-armed ISIS are a few Pak generals.

Exactly.  So it could be just a question of when they want to pull it off.

norland2424

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on November 13, 2015, 11:17:48 PM
Well, the truth is norland, we're now facing the very real possibility that soon enough Islamic terrorists will get their hands on dirty bombs.  We better do every possible thing we can to prevent that.  You need to define Armageddon.  If they get their hands on enough materials, and plan it correctly, the strategic use of those dirty bombs could possibly bring on a large scale nuclear attack on some middle eastern targets, and then...  well, all bets are off when nuclear missiles are in the air.

Do you really think russia will send nukes our way if we nuke Iraq or syria?, not that many countries beside usa, russia or china has the capacity to well start a big nuke war.