• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Nice Little Facts

Started by MV/Liberace!, June 20, 2014, 04:56:20 PM

Tough guy Clint "Dirty Harry" Eastwood, at age 83, performed the Heimlich maneuver on a man and saved his life.

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on August 15, 2014, 11:26:43 AM
Tough guy Clint "Dirty Harry" Eastwood, at age 83, performed the Heimlich maneuver on a man and saved his life.

Was it Ashton Kutcher?

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 15, 2014, 11:28:49 AM
Was it Ashton Kutcher?

I think it was Kelt.  Here's a description of the incident by the man in question:

""Clint came up behind me, and he knew exactly what to do.""

Not sure if that refers to the choking problem or the surprise buttsecks later.

zeebo

Quote from: jazmunda on August 15, 2014, 04:31:57 AM
Coconuts kill more people than sharks.

We must eliminate these mad coconut killers.  Immediate action must be taken.  Pour me a pina colada.

onan

Jim Caviezel was struck by lightening while he was on the cross in, Passion of the Christ.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: onan on August 18, 2014, 08:21:34 AM
Jim Caviezel was struck by lightening while he was on the cross in, Passion of the Christ.

Looks like it did happen, but not while on the cross:

SCOTT ROSS: It's been rumored, I don't know if this is true or not, but as you were filming you were hit with lightning? That's true?

JIM CAVIEZEL: I was lit up like a Christmas tree! I was doing the Sermon on the Mount. I knew it was going to hit me about four seconds before it happened. I thought, "I'm going to get hit." And when it happened, I saw the extras grab the ground.

What they saw was fire coming out the right and left side of my head. Illumination around the whole body. And during the shot they said, "Do you have it on camera?" What happened was Mel had said, "Action" and the cameras were panning to me and here is where this light just flashed. And by the time the cameras got to me, I hear Mel screaming out, "What the heck happened to his hair?" I looked like I went to see Don King's hair stylist.

JIM CAVIEZEL: Five minutes after I got hit, Jon Mikalini, an assistant, walks over and says are you okay? And then he got hit. The difference was that they saw the bolt come down and hit Jon; they didn't see that when I was standing there. All I felt was this giant tremendous slap on my ears and a few seconds of a pink, red static infront of my eyes.

SCOTT ROSS: You had a literal miracle on the set. What do you attribute it to? You could have died.

JIM CAVIEZEL: Yeah. Or I could have been incinerated. Jon, who came up to me, had already been hit. I mean three lightning strikes on one film, one guy getting hit twice, and me obviously getting hit one time. And there were a lot of miracles other than that kind of a miracle.

MV/Liberace!

Originally a pagan temple, the Parthenon has been both a Christian church and a Muslim mosque.

onan

Quote from: MV on August 18, 2014, 10:03:10 AM
Looks like it did happen, but not while on the cross:

That is the last time I trust the internet.

Quote from: jazmunda on August 15, 2014, 04:31:57 AM
Coconuts kill more people than sharks.

COCONUTNADO - Milk of Death

Movement Key : SL

In 1985, President Ronald Reagan had Carnivora sent to the White House.

Eddie Coyle

When Rykodisc reissued Bill Hicks cds in 1997, they featured blurbs from admirers like Keith Olbermann.

At that very same time, Olbermann was doing commercials for Boston Market.

I wonder if Keith ever listened to that Artistic Roll Call bit from "Rant in E Minor"

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 18, 2014, 11:36:01 AM
In 1985, President Ronald Reagan had Carnivora sent to the White House.

Carnivora-flavored Jelly Bellies?  Were they mean jelly beans?

A healthy 200 pound person carries two to six pounds of bacteria.  This is roughly 100 trillion bacteria, ten times more than the number of human cells in his body.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 18, 2014, 12:11:27 PM
A healthy 200 pound person carries two to six pounds of bacteria.  This is roughly 100 trillion bacteria, ten times more than the number of human cells in his body.

I wonder how much an unhealthy person carries.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 18, 2014, 12:28:03 PM
I wonder how much an unhealthy person carries.

Probably the same.  I was just trying to illustrate it was a normal amount of bacteria.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 18, 2014, 12:31:15 PM
Probably the same.  I was just trying to illustrate it was a normal amount of bacteria.

Actually, two to six pounds is quite a range.  I wonder what factors determine how much a person has. 

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 18, 2014, 12:35:02 PM
Actually, two to six pounds is quite a range.  I wonder what factors determine how much a person has.

I'm not sure if that reflects an actual range or just the uncertainty of the estimate.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 18, 2014, 12:56:58 PM
I'm not sure if that reflects an actual range or just the uncertainty of the estimate.

I'm beginning to think you're just making this up as you go along.  ::)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 18, 2014, 01:28:17 PM
I'm beginning to think you're just making this up as you go along.  ::)

He's Canadian; He's a member of the Commonwealth, he's honorable. He doesn't make things up.

Giraffes can't swim.

zeebo

There are many different Kit Kat flavors in Japan.  Interestingly their great popularity seems to mostly arise from a chance similarity to the Japanese phrase "kitto katsu" which means "You'll surely win".  Thus people often give Kit Kats to friends or family as a token of good luck.

Some of the more unusual flavors include:

Pear
Pumpkin
Purple Sweet Potato
Roasted Corn
Maple Syrup
Lemon Vinegar
Green Tea
Mango Pudding
Creme Brule
Ginger Ale
Chili Pepper
Beet
Chestnut
Cantaloupe
Almond Jelly
Wasabi
Red Bean Sandwich

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 18, 2014, 01:30:57 PM

He's Canadian; He's a member of the Commonwealth, he's honorable. He doesn't make things up.

Giraffes can't swim.

Quote from: jazmunda on August 18, 2014, 01:37:20 AM
What way? Oh you mean the correct way. Spell out the word then say it like it's spelled. It's not called the Queen's English for nadda. Back me up here Pud.

An Australian asking a pommy for help and said pom leaping to the defense of a Canadian?  Is this Opposite Day?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 18, 2014, 02:27:46 PM
An Australian asking a pommy for help and said pom leaping to the defense of a Canadian?  Is this Opposite Day?

When the declaration of Independence has been revoked (with a few conditions, naturally), Americanshire will be brought back into the fold of colonies. Then everyone will love Americanshire again...at last. Seriously. Canada will be given administrative responsibilities because they're nearer and the bus fares are expensive from the UK.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 18, 2014, 02:39:20 PM
When the declaration of Independence has been revoked (with a few conditions, naturally), Americanshire will be brought back into the fold of colonies. Then everyone will love Americanshire again...at last. Seriously. Canada will be given administrative responsibilities because they're nearer and the bus fares are expensive from the UK.

The day that happens I will go underground and do whatever it takes to sabotage our Canadian overlords.  They'll never suspect me, because I have a Tim Horton's travel mug and they'll think I'm one of them until it's too late.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 18, 2014, 02:47:20 PM
The day that happens I will go underground and do whatever it takes to sabotage our Canadian overlords.  They'll never suspect me, because I have a Tim Horton's travel mug and they'll think I'm one of them until it's too late.

OMG you're the one!  I thought it was just a legend.

When the day of the big lobed Charles of the House of Windsor cometh, and all are as one as it was in the beginning, a lone man of tiger face, or mountain lion head, or something.. I dunno, eh?... shall rise up from the south Sea of Salish bearing the unholy False Cup of Horton to sweep up a great tide of ambrosia wept by mighty maples over the cones of divinely pure snow.  Thusly shall the fine honourable men of commerce be deprived their syrupy profits, the Albino Beaver's dam shall be uncovered and swarmed by the black fly, and the favoured great white northern province of the brilliant Empire shall fall with no assistance from the apathetic carriagemen of the east.

There's more but I had a hard time getting through it.  It's pretty badly written.

OK, OK, my own fault.  I know better than to eat while perusing....

I hope my keyboard keeps working.  I haven't had a chance to go in and pick up another one one one one one one one one one one one one one one

Ahhhhh, crap.      ;)

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 18, 2014, 03:27:10 PM
OMG you're the one!  I thought it was just a legend.

When the day of the big lobed Charles of the House of Windsor cometh, and all are as one as it was in the beginning, a lone man of tiger face, or mountain lion head, or something.. I dunno, eh?... shall rise up from the south Sea of Salish bearing the unholy False Cup of Horton to sweep up a great tide of ambrosia wept by mighty maples over the cones of divinely pure snow.  Thusly shall the fine honourable men of commerce be deprived their syrupy profits, the Albino Beaver's dam shall be uncovered and swarmed by the black fly, and the favoured great white northern province of the brilliant Empire shall fall with no assistance from the apathetic carriagemen of the east.

There's more but I had a hard time getting through it.  It's pretty badly written.

Rats!  I hadn't counted on you being so diabolically clever, sir.  Now I know how Snidely Whiplash feels after getting a thorough foiling from Dudle Doright.

phrodo

Quote from: zeebo on August 18, 2014, 02:02:25 PM
There are many different Kit Kat flavors in Japan.  Interestingly their great popularity seems to mostly arise from a chance similarity to the Japanese phrase "kitto katsu" which means "You'll surely win".  Thus people often give Kit Kats to friends or family as a token of good luck.

Some of the more unusual flavors include:

Pear
Pumpkin
Purple Sweet Potato
Roasted Corn
Maple Syrup
Lemon Vinegar
Green Tea
Mango Pudding
Creme Brule
Ginger Ale
Chili Pepper
Beet
Chestnut
Cantaloupe
Almond Jelly
Wasabi
Red Bean Sandwich

Gimme a break ... gimme a break...

jazmunda

Quote from: Catsmile on August 18, 2014, 10:00:45 PM
Taste test of other Japanese Kit Kat flavors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTs5neTnPdk

Ahhhh an Aussie accented Japanese girl. My favourite flavour. Oh we're talking about kit kat flavours. Where's ling ling when I need her?