• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Serif MoviePlus, video editing software

Started by Mind Flayer Monk, September 01, 2012, 03:35:54 AM

Has anyone tried using Serif MoviePlusx5?
Its on sale/bundled at newegg for $20 and I have no idea how good it is, but I am in the market for a video editor so I can make some youtube videos and just general travel videos.

HAL 9000

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on September 01, 2012, 03:35:54 AMHas anyone tried using Serif MoviePlusx5? Its on sale/bundled at newegg for $20 and I have no idea how good it is, but I am in the market for a video editor so I can make some youtube videos and just general travel videos.

For the most-part, you name the video editor you want, and I can likely get it for you $0.00. Your choice.

Edit: current version is Serif MoviePlus X6 v8.0.1.018... but like I said, you can choose what ever you want.

Edit #2: Looks interesting with nice features and possible easy learning curve. I like the crop-feature built into latest release.

Review is here: http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/serif_movieplus_x6_review/

It'll be done downloading in 15 minutes - hopefully I'll be snoozing by then. Getting both the full-install version, plus portable version, which means you can likely run it from a USB stick.

HAL 9000

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on September 01, 2012, 05:59:31 PMThank you Hal

OK MFM,

I have your program ready for you to download. I put it on a file-hoster that will be easier/faster for you, but limits filesize to 200MB, so there are 8 parts (RARs). Hopefully you are familiar with rar files and how to extract. If not, I can walk you through it easily.

If you are familiar with the "scene," then I don't have to explain much; if you're a newbie, then there is a little bit to help you.

My advice would be, after downloading all the files (this hoster allows multi-files at same time), disconnect your internet connection, just in case the application attempts to "phone home" during or after installation.

In the "setup folder", you will find a text file I named serial number - open this. You will also find "Serif.MoviePlus.X6.exe" - double click on this. During the installation process, it will ask you for a serial number - simply enter it manually from what you see in notepad (pasting will not work).

Once you are completely done installing, you'll want to uncheck any option that asks, "check for updates?" This is usually found under "help."

Final step is to look in the folder named "Update." Inside are two files - one with "GB" in the name, and the other with "US" in the filename. I'm guessing this is for Great Britain/United States. The files are update patches which will update your version to the very latest, which is Serif.MoviePlus.X6.v8.0.1.18. Choose whichever applies to you.

Just shoot me a PM and I'll send the links. I did not install the entire program, but quit after it successfully accepted the serial.

Once you are completely installed, and "check for updates" in unchecked, it should be safe for you to reconnect to internet, and enjoy your fully functional latest version of Serif MoviePlus X6 v8.0.1.18

Happy editing.

MV/Liberace!

i've always used pinnacle video, although it's a complete piece of shit.  i use it because it's what i know... not because it's what's best.