• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Has Any Guest Gotten Pissed At Noory's Idiocy?

Started by EvB, August 03, 2008, 07:54:26 AM

EvB

Matt Savinar tells Snoory just how dim-whitted he is.

This is only going to be up a few more days.

If you want it, here it is, come and get it!

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&send_id=594388807&email=006caf26f098a4f980f67722ace0c331

mikemcc

I also found this segment particularly interesting. My skin crawls each time GN says that he doesn't believe in the "standard" explanation for how oil is created. Instead, he believes in abiotic oil -- like he's some kind of geologist or something. Shoot, he believes in abiotic oil because he heard about it from Jerome Corsi and one or two others. The reasons George gives for his belief in abiotic oil?

1) Because there just weren't enough dinosaurs to create all that oil

2) Because it isn't possible for the oil to get so far below the surface

I haven't heard George provide any other reasons for his belief in abiotic oil. 1) is so reductionist that it almost doesn't deserve comment. I'll just say that I have not heard any modern scientist advance the theory that oil comes *only* from dinosaurs, or from animals in general. What does George think happened to all of those trees and grasses that completely covered much of the landmass for hundreds of millions of years? Maybe the dinosaurs cut them down so they could cook all of the algae and plankton they gathered from the sea...

2) is almost as ridiculous. If entire cities can be covered by 75 feet of soil during a period of oh, what, 3 or 4 thousand years, what happens over a period of 300,000,000 years or more? Anyone good at math? Plus, doesn't fluid *sink* through what is usually porous and cracked rock? I used to live in northern Iowa and we had an artesian well there. It took a drop of water 2 years to flow through a belt of limestone, but that drop of water *did* make it to the well.

When I heard Matt Savinor talking to George that night, I was surprised because I don't normally hear guests stand up to him like this. Some callers do, but usually not guests who want to be invited back to the show so they can promote their latest book or new website or whatever. (I have nothing against guests who hawk their stuff on the show, BTW.) I remember thinking that this Savinor fellow does not care if he is ever invited back. Apparently, when Savinor did that show he believed it was more important to actually engage George on this issue.       

Max

signs of a bad interview here

1. when the guest says your an idiot.
2. when the interviewer acts like they know wtf they're talking about.
3. When the the interviewer argues with the guest.
4. When you know there is utter disgust with the interviewer by the guest.
5. When the Guest don't know what they are talking about and can not answer questions when they state they are an expert on.
6. When the guest is let go from the interview.

so thats what I learned about radio interviews anyways.

Quote from: Max on August 05, 2008, 12:27:37 PM
signs of a bad interview here

1. when the guest says your an idiot.
2. when the interviewer acts like they know wtf they're talking about.
3. When the the interviewer argues with the guest.
4. When you know there is utter disgust with the interviewer by the guest.
5. When the Guest don't know what they are talking about and can not answer questions when they state they are an expert on.
6. When the guest is let go from the interview.

so thats what I learned about radio interviews anyways.

...from Michael Vandeven's Radio Trainwreck!

I jest, MV, & my fellow GNS'ers

auggie

George says he doesn't believe in the "standard"explaination for where oil came from.

George says a lot of things, depending on who the guest is. It's hard to tell exactly what he does believe, since he agrees with just about everybody who comes on the show. One night he agrees with this guest, the next night someone comes on with an opposing viewpoint and he agrees with this guest. I can't figure exactly what he believes.

Curtis Loew

Quote from: EvB on August 03, 2008, 07:54:26 AM

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&send_id=594388807&email=006caf26f098a4f980f67722ace0c331

I missed this,  thanks.   ;D

Link isn't working, can I get it somewhere else? I heard like 5 minutes of it live but turned it off before it got good that night.

EvB

Sorry guys - that link is ancient, and I've f-Disked at least once since.  I don't have it anymore - and am not even sure where/how to find it.

Maybe someone who got it last year still has it?

Borr

what show was it? I think I heard the one you're talking about.

EvB

NO IDEA!  I'm sorry Borr - I'm really pooping on your party tonight.

xpmark12

I foolishly attended the George Snoory School of Radio Broadcasting.The campus was deep in the Black Forest,Germany which should have sent up a red flag.Anyway,live and learn.I can't get a f****** job anywhere.

Marc.Knight

Does this still exist somewhere?

Curtis Loew

Quote from: PW on December 11, 2009, 06:27:54 PM
Does this still exist somewhere?

Okay, this may or may not be it.  I can't remember myself but here is the entire hour, you may have to wade through it to find what you're looking for.

Linky

mikemcc

Thanks for that link, Curtis. I haven't yet had time to listen to it but will try to this weekend if I manage to finish grading all these papers that I have on my desk. I may be wrong, but I seem to remember that Savinor was especially emphatic in his disagreement with GN during a show in which he was a three-hour guest. I do remember that he came back some months later for a one-hour spot with George. That really surprised me because he was so forceful in his earlier disagreement with George that I didn't think he'd be invited back.

Curtis Loew

Quote from: mikemcc on December 12, 2009, 09:38:44 AM
I may be wrong, but I seem to remember that Savinor was especially emphatic in his disagreement with GN during a show in which he was a three-hour guest. 

You could well be right there,   I'll go and see if I can find the show before this one which would be some time in 2007( I think)

EvB

This is the one I had posted.  Good Job Curtis!

There may be more, but you got this one right on the first try.

TeddyKGB

Thanks for the link Curtis

Pic related

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: TeddyKGB on June 21, 2010, 04:02:35 PM
Thanks for the link Curtis

Pic related

the picard pics ALWAYS work.  always.

Marc.Knight

does someone still have this? 

starrmtn001

Thank you EvB for this Thread and thank you Marc Knight for the new link.  Happy New Year to you both.  ;D

ArtBellFan

This is the last hour on Coast with Matt Savinar.

[attachment deleted by admin]

"You have your own views, other people have their own views, and that's what this is supposed to be all about. It's about debate."

Oh god...

Wow.

Has Savinar been on the show since? He owned George pretty badly.

I would be very surprised if at least one guest hasn't gone off on him.  Then again, maybe they are such whores trying to sell their latest book, dvd, what have you, that they just force themselves to ignore it.

Eddie Coyle

Kind of the pot and the kettle...but Ed Dames seems genuinely annoyed by Noory quite frequently.

Lunger

Quote from: Mister Coincidence on August 04, 2011, 09:17:27 AM
I would be very surprised if at least one guest hasn't gone off on him.  Then again, maybe they are such whores trying to sell their latest book, dvd, what have you, that they just force themselves to ignore it.

I can't remember who it was.  But it happen this year.  A regular guest, an older male, has hocking a book and That Idiot Noory came back from break to the phone line this guy was one and in the backgraound you could hear him saying to someone else "I'm waiting for this idiot!"

it might have been Dr. Gray with a book about some metaphysical mumbo jumbo

Gassy Man

I corresponded by email with a guest (will keep the name to myself to protect the innocent), and it was obvious he was put off by George Noory's style.  He was kind enough not to go off on George on the air but the gist of it was that George Noory is something one has to put up with in order to get on the air.

Avi

Ah, Gassy Man, you taunt us so cruelly - not even a wee hint?